readallaboutit

three words:
random.map.generator.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Books I finished in: 2022 | 2021 | 2020

Scrobbling at last.fm
mdsmith

Post by mdsmith »

Thanks for the headsup. This will definitely be on my radar.
Sponge

Post by Sponge »

I'd like to see what the exact plans are. There's not a lot of details yet.
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

This is wonderful news! Golden showers for everyone!
Mithridates

Post by Mithridates »

Thanks for the update, Andrew. I enjoyed the latest rendition for awhile and would probably take a look at the third. I'm hoping for a little more polish in the tutorial, help and maybe campaign departments. Wonder if they'll do anything with all that.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I'd settle for a 20th century interface. The #1 reason I stopped playing Dom 2 is because the interface was crafted by medieval torturers.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I agree about the interface. A Civ-style quick overview would be an amazing improvement. I'd also like to see more customizability and expandability of Gods/Goddesses. Crafting was great, I'd love to see more if it.

Slightly better combat system/graphics would be nice, too. I'm not talking 3d or RTS, but a few more options and less sprites would be swell.

Dominions II was a sweet game, but some polish and feature-building could make this game a truely impressive gem, rather than a rough one.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
tals

Post by tals »

I enjoyed Dom2 when I first got it and even the UI I got used to. However I didn't like the campaign map and until you play something like RTW you don't really know why - trouble is RTW is big time devs and Dom2 is more on the fringes :( Really great idea and the pbem aspect makes it a real gem. However I won't be getting Dom3. I also hated the battlemap to a point where I just wouldn't watch battles.

Anyway good luck to the devs they do deserve it for bringing a very riginal game to the people.

Tals