CounterStrike: Source

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Biyobi

CounterStrike: Source

Post by Biyobi »

I bought the Silver package on Friday and played it off and on over the weekend. I liked it a lot. Once I found where I could turn off the voice chat, I loved it! :wink:

Valve has to fix a major bug fast though. I'm trusting you guys not to be ass-clowns and use this exploit. If a player changes his name to "%n" it crashes the server. Every time. I was probably in a half dozen games this weekend where some little fuck didn't like how things were going and killed the game for everyone. The last thing I see is "Player XYZ has changed his name to %n" and the game freezes up.

Shit like this killed CS for me a long time ago and if this isn't fixed soon I'm going to regret giving Valve all that money instead of making them share it with VU.
Black Lives Matter
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Re: CounterStrike: Source

Post by FishPants »

Biyobi wrote:I bought the Silver package on Friday and played it off and on over the weekend. I liked it a lot. Once I found where I could turn off the voice chat, I loved it! :wink:

Valve has to fix a major bug fast though. I'm trusting you guys not to be ass-clowns and use this exploit. If a player changes his name to "%n" it crashes the server. Every time. I was probably in a half dozen games this weekend where some little fuck didn't like how things were going and killed the game for everyone. The last thing I see is "Player XYZ has changed his name to %n" and the game freezes up.

Shit like this killed CS for me a long time ago and if this isn't fixed soon I'm going to regret giving Valve all that money instead of making them share it with VU.
I never played CS for that reason alone, from what I saw on the message boards every 8 year old moron was in the game. That's right I am a grumpy old man who plays video games.. Now get off my lawn! ;)
Al

Post by Al »

I had fun with it over the weekend too. I got lucky my first time out and found a server with good (non-cheating, non-server crashing) players and had a blast.
opi3

Post by opi3 »

My cs source doesn't work properly. Ok i'll be honest and say its the bootleg version thats floating around, so i assumed that was the problem. It appears to play ok but it crashes randomly for no apparent reason. I can't seen to find a stable variation in my settings and i can't nail it down to a certain effect or sound. Its totally random. For that reason i can't really pass judgement, but as a whole the game feels incomplete so im hoping there will be a few patches before the big day.

Other than that im impressed but dissapointed at the same time. It looks great and physics make for all kinds of fun (barrel rolling and kick the can) but it feels like same old cs and truth be told doesn't look "that" amazing. The maps just feel really umm used.. like a new coat of paint on an old buick. Now i know we weren't promised CS:2 but it just feels like maybe more could have been done.. or it could just be that cs's time has come and gone...

Oh and before i get flamed for use of a cracked bootleg i should tell you the ONLY reason im using it is because i pre ordered HL2 at my local EB long before the steam packages were announced and i wanted to play CS reallly really bad.... and uh.. im weak... and uh.. poor...
look pink elephant! -->

*fire in the hole*- tosses a flash into spawn and runs off..
"i sense no danger here.."
Samurai

Re: CounterStrike: Source

Post by Samurai »

Biyobi wrote:I bought the Silver package on Friday and played it off and on over the weekend. I liked it a lot. Once I found where I could turn off the voice chat, I loved it! :wink:

Yup I had two bad experiences in a row which rapidly convinced me not much has changed in the CS community since I left.

The first server was crashed by the %n" guy. I did sort of chuckle though.. because everyone knew it was coming when he changed his name, and soon the server filled with screams of "ohh god no, DON'T DO IT YOU FAGGZORS"

Which he simply responded with "HEEEERE IT COMES" and crashed the server.

Second server, someone was using a speedhack. He had a score of like 40-5, and had wiped out half the CT team before they had even left the spawn. Meanwhile, half the people on the server were begging for what 'command' the hacker used to get the speed. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything humerous about this situation, and just left.

I want DOD Source.
knob

Post by knob »

I didn't know how it worked, but I read on the server that someone used the server crash hack (The name one) and the Admin of the server phoned up the guy's ISP. The ISP shut down the person's service since they considered it a DoS attack.

The one thing I'm really waiting for is for Valve to put in their VAC stuff. Right now, there's no anti-cheat software for the game.
If I had a sig, would you read it?