Sacred - enabling gore with 1.7?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Sponge

Sacred - enabling gore with 1.7?

Post by Sponge »

I just got Sacred (US version) and patched it up to 1.7 but I can't seem to find the procedure for enabling "gore". Anybody know how to do it? I seem to recall from GG that it involved changing a setting in a config file or something. thx
ohbalto

Post by ohbalto »

I still don't have this game (no time), but I remember reading about this a while back. Basically, what you need to do is do a search online for either (a) the European .exe or (b) the European no-CD patch (which I don't have a link for and, um, if I did, would that be against the Code of Conduct? I'm not asking b/c I have the link in a drawer somewhere. Really, I'm just curious).

At any rate, a nice google search should do the trick for you. If nothing else, someone out there will likely have the information for you.
Unbreakable

Post by Unbreakable »

Im waiting for Sacred Plus. It is going to have extra content, and it comes out Friday (for the english version).

Good news, the extra content will be available for free download for the original version.
Sponge

Post by Sponge »

Unbreakable wrote:Im waiting for Sacred Plus. It is going to have extra content, and it comes out Friday (for the english version).

Good news, the extra content will be available for free download for the original version.
It's here
The day has finally arrived. The English, French, and Czech Sacred PLUS downloads are now available for those owning the original versions of Sacred.
Weeeeeeee! I guess I have to start over now. :roll:
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

ohbalto wrote:the European no-CD patch (which I don't have a link for and, um, if I did, would that be against the Code of Conduct? I'm not asking b/c I have the link in a drawer somewhere. Really, I'm just curious).
For right now, it is against the CoC. Whether it remains that way or not - I honestly don't know. Until something official comes out, though, we're going to abide by the ol' Gone Gold CoC. In the meanwhile, keep such links to email. Or PM.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
wankerjr

Post by wankerjr »

Sponge wrote:
Unbreakable wrote:Im waiting for Sacred Plus. It is going to have extra content, and it comes out Friday (for the english version).

It's here
The day has finally arrived. The English, French, and Czech Sacred PLUS downloads are now available for those owning the original versions of Sacred.
Weeeeeeee! I guess I have to start over now. :roll:
Woohoo!

Gonna download this tonight!
Yet another shameless plug..for something
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I'm downloading this as I type, it's downloading really slowly. It won't be finished for 2 more hours still. Might be able to check it out tonight since the Astros are off.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Sponge

Post by Sponge »

Dramatist wrote:I'm downloading this as I type, it's downloading really slowly. It won't be finished for 2 more hours still. Might be able to check it out tonight since the Astros are off.
Mirrors galore
Meghan

Post by Meghan »

what the heck is Sacred PLUS? is this a fancy way of saying 1.7 patch?
If I ventured in the slipstream / between the viaducts of your dream

aka merneith, aka kylhwch
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Meghan wrote:what the heck is Sacred PLUS? is this a fancy way of saying 1.7 patch?
It's an expansion for Sacred. Free to the people who already own Sacred.

I think they are gonna box it up for stores on the 29th of October. And that the game will come with the original Sacred.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Edmond

Post by Edmond »

Meghan wrote:what the heck is Sacred PLUS? is this a fancy way of saying 1.7 patch?
Sacred Plus incorporates all of the feedback from the player-community since the first release of Sacred. This includes an improved multi-player experience, an optimized interface and completely revised balancing. Furthermore, this version contains many completely new features to make adventuring in Ancaria even more exciting.

New features:

? Two new regions
? Two extensive main quests
? Five new adversaries
? One new enemy boss
? Six new armor sets
? Fifteen new types of weapons
? Includes all previous updates to date

All these new features will be available as a download free of charge for all owners of the original version before the release of the New Edition.

Link
Meghan

Post by Meghan »

thanks Edmond. It's very tempting or it would be if I didn't have 800 other games to play at the moment. I wanted to love Sacred, once ...

So what's the New Edition?
If I ventured in the slipstream / between the viaducts of your dream

aka merneith, aka kylhwch
warning

Post by warning »

[rant]
Based on several headaches tonight followed by some time in the official Sacred forums I can say with certainty:
* Sacred PLUS does not contain the 1.7 patch changes.
* You should really install 1.7 then the Sacred PLUS update.
* Any saved games you have *including* games that were started with 1.7, will be buggy once you install the Sacred PLUS update. You must start a new campaign.
* None of this, of course, is in the Readme. Shitheads. The support guy on their forum said basically, "Everyone knows you need to start a new campaign. We didn't need to put it in the Readme. We've been saying that for awhile now."
Hey asswipe? I just want to play my game. I'm even willing to peruse the ReadMe. I don't want to spend 45 minutes of my life... 45 minutes I will *never* get back again mind you... reading through posts by guys/girls/furries named BigFluf Image, HorrorScope and HeroOfTheNorth.

*head explodes*

[/rant]
Sponge

Post by Sponge »

"Everyone knows you need to start a new campaign. We didn't need to put it in the Readme. We've been saying that for awhile now."
What a f'in moron. Apparently the world revolves around Sacred's forums... :roll:

I installed the game for the first time a few nights and patched to 1.7. The very next day they released Sacred+ and I knew absolutely nothing about it so I went to their website to get some answers:

Do I install it over 1.7?
Do I need to uninstall, reinstall and then apply the Sacred+?
Will I lose my characters?
Will I lose my saved campaign?

Basic, simple questions, right?. I searched their forums for 30 minutes and couldn't find any official answers. None. STUPID STUPID STUPID.
warning

Post by warning »

"Everyone knows you need to start a new campaign. We didn't need to put it in the Readme. We've been saying that for awhile now."
That's my paraphrase. To be fair he mentioned that it is recommended to start a new game. He was then asked:
Any particular why this rather important point is not mentioned anywhere in the Sacred Plus README.HTML?!
To which he replied:
Because this "rather important" point has been mentioned everytime a new patch/update/download was released
The thread is here.
Sponge wrote:What a f'in moron. Apparently the world revolves around Sacred's forums... :roll:

I installed the game for the first time a few nights and patched to 1.7. The very next day they released Sacred+ and I knew absolutely nothing about it so I went to their website to get some answers:

Do I install it over 1.7?
Do I need to uninstall, reinstall and then apply the Sacred+?
Will I lose my characters?
Will I lose my saved campaign?

Basic, simple questions, right?. I searched their forums for 30 minutes and couldn't find any official answers. None. STUPID STUPID STUPID.
I can help with some of your questions.
Yes you should install it over 1.7 if you want the changes/fixes in 1.7. Apparently you can install it and play it without 1.7 but since 1.7 fixed quite a bit you really want 1.7 installed first then Sacred Plus.
I uninstalled the whole damn thing, reinstalled it, patched it to 1.7 and then installed Sacred Plus. Works fine... so far...
You will not lose your characters just by installing Sacred Plus. They say you can export them and start a new campaign but my guess is there could be bugs.
You will not lose your saved campaign once you install Plus but it will be buggy. You should really start over. Which sucks.
Sponge

Post by Sponge »

Thanks for the info, Warning. Fortunately for me, I had only just begun the campaign and hadn't gotten very far.

Edit: FYI, I voiced my displeasure in that thread. There's no excuse for leaving that info out of the readme.
Ripstar

Post by Ripstar »

Have installed all the new patches and Sacred Plus. Fired up a new character and played for a number of hours.

SO far no bugs. I have noticed new armor and weapons that are available early in the game. Some are pretty good looking.

Have noticed that low end cratures no longer attack you which removes that annoyance. Gameplay seems much the same. Some of the rebalancing issues are noticable immediately.

Only new glitch so far is that you can't always mount your horse, particularly if he is in or around tree, bushes etc. No big deal as yoou can just walk to another screen and whistle.

Blood is still there in the form of a red spray so those that are concerned about losing it, its not a big deal particularly when there is such an indicator.

Post by Sponge »

Ripstar wrote: Only new glitch so far is that you can't always mount your horse, particularly if he is in or around tree, bushes etc. No big deal as yoou can just walk to another screen and whistle.
This happened to me last night but I'd forgotten how to whistle! I remember doing it in the demo when it first came out but now I don't recall what the whistle key is... little help please? :)
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I've been playing a gladiator the last few days. He's only lvl 19 atm, but I'm having fun.

Hardest thing to do is figure out how to best spend skill points.

I've taken Dual Wield - Agility - Constitution, thinking about taking Armor at lvl 20, but not sure.

I haven't spent a single stat point yet, never sure how to best spend those either.

I haven't run into any bugs yet.
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Ripstar

Post by Ripstar »

Sponge -just click on the horseshoe.
You can run, but you'll just die tired.