Dawn of War stuff

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Lorini

Dawn of War stuff

Post by Lorini »

For skirmish (PvAI), which map is best? I'm finding that with the Take Control and Hold victory condition, the game doesn't last long enough to really develop all of the tech trees. I've tried all the 2v2 maps and this keeps happening. Any suggestions?

Lorini
noun

Post by noun »

Disable all the victory conditions beside Annihilation. Then it feels like playing StarCraft, and easily gives you enough time to reach the end of the tech tree.

I prefer Annihilation when I'm in the mood for a long, drawn-out Hell-on-Earth type of fight, but I do appreciate the other conditions when I'm in the mood to play strategically.
Jow

Post by Jow »

I've noticed it's pretty rare in most games online that players reach the end of the tech tree; if they do, the game is usually over anyhow and the high-tier units are usually just icing on the cake.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Yeah, but get some replays of the really high level players, and you can find a few games that progress up the tech tree a fair ways, with the 2 players clawing and biting at each other the whole time.

Replays are great! I'm amazed at how much micro players can do and still develop their economy and tech. There are some seriously outstanding replays out there.
Jow

Post by Jow »

I've watched a lot of em. The micro some of them pull off amazes me too but I think that's largely due to the use of hotkeys, which I continue to neglect. :)