Doggoneit, I really like Evil Genius. Yessirree I really do.

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Tareeq

Doggoneit, I really like Evil Genius. Yessirree I really do.

Post by Tareeq »

Funny thing, because it's not much different from Dungeon Keeper or Startopia. I liked them, but they weren't all that.

All I know is that after about six hours of play it's giving me that Tunnels of Doom/Ultima IV/Elite/Privateer/SMAC vibe. You know, the vibe that says, "Tareeq, this is a really good game, you're really enjoying yourself with it, and you're going to judge future game-playing experiences by how you feel playing this game right now."

I don't get that feeling from games much anymore, pc or otherwise. Hope it lasts.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

I'm glad you like it. It didn't work for me at all. Long story, but suffice to say, "It wasn't my bag, baby."
I'm special!
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

It was totally my bag until nations would send thier super agents to mess my shit up for no reason. I wouldnt even have heat with the place and theyd come over and kill everyone.
EngineNo9

Post by EngineNo9 »

It seemed like a no-brainer buy to me, but I read quite a few bugs and things that just sort of turned me off. Maybe when it drops to $25 or something.
DD

Post by DD »

I've been playing this one for a while now - just restarted as I used my first game to get the hang of things. I'm enjoying it so far, watching the animations is hysterical, especially the interrogations. :)
Gumps

Post by Gumps »

**** Potetnial Spoiler ****

I too am loving the game, though I admit sometimes I have had problems with advancing the game (specifically when you had to convince the russian mob king to join you by mixing him up. OK perhaps I am a bit slow, but it never crossed my mind that I needed to have the most expensive cafeteria mixer possible to interrogate this guy.
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Concept really is everything.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Oh, come on tell me more. Put a link up or something.
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

Hrmmm. Maybe I'll have to give this a try. Maybe someday when I have more gaming time (Ha! Haha!).
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
ScaryMike

Post by ScaryMike »

This game is a real mixed bag for me. I really enjoy parts of it, but as the game continues on, I find that I'm just waiting most of the time. Waiting for my minions to finish building somethign, waiting for trainign to finish because the last set of exceptional vetrans whiped out my entire base.

I was going to just quit, because I liked it, but not that much. Then I decided to use the population mod and increase the max minions to 200. that is making the game more fun for me. Its cheating, but frankly, it was that or put it away. Now I feel that I can actual defend my base AND have people in the field at the same time.

Slows down my comp a bit though, thats for sure.

-SM