Out of the Park Baseball 6.0 - Team Owners Needed

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Gumps

Out of the Park Baseball 6.0 - Team Owners Needed

Post by Gumps »

Well, do you like simulation baseball? Would you like to be the general manager of your own team?

The GGOOTP (formally the Gone Gold OOTP league) is looking for new owners. With the loss of the Gone Gold Forums, and regular attrition, we have a few openings available.

NoxiousDog and Myself currently commish this 30 team league, we have just finished our 10th season and are getting ready to go into the offseason. this is the time to join. this is where we modify rules as necessary, sign free agents, complete the Rule 5 draft and basically make predictions of our team making it to the world series.

If you would like to participate, just shoot us an email at ggootp@hotmail.com. We will take new owners on a first come - first serve basis.
Dcurse

Post by Dcurse »

What kind of time commitment does the league require? I've always been intrigued in the game by the way you guys talk about it but I don't know much about it. I just downloaded the demo and will give it a look. Can you talk a bit about how the league works, the time commitment, and anything else you'd like. Now that I've exposed my self as a complete newb... is the league open to complete newbs?
Boxcar

Post by Boxcar »

Gumps,

I'd like to join up if you still have openings. I've sent a request to the e-mail address you listed.

Dcurse,

I'm not a member of GGOOTP but I am in two other leagues: HCL (also commished by NoxiousDog) and GGNL. Everyone has been quite friendly and helfpul in both of those leagues, and I was brand new to OOTP when I joined. Since some of the GGOOTP owners are also owners in HCL and GGNL, I'd expect the same. Regarding the time commitment, you can spend as much time as you want depending how into it you get but you probably need to invest at least an hour a week. I'll leave it to Gumps, ND or someone else more knowledgeable to discuss the actual league workings.

Cheers,
Jeff
galaril

Post by galaril »

Do you still need any owners I would definitely be interested
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

What kind of time commitment does the league require? I've always been intrigued in the game by the way you guys talk about it but I don't know much about it. I just downloaded the demo and will give it a look. Can you talk a bit about how the league works, the time commitment, and anything else you'd like. Now that I've exposed my self as a complete newb... is the league open to complete newbs?
To stay current, it takes about 20 minutes a week. Obviously the more time you spend, the better off you'll be, but there is certainly a law of diminishing returns at work.

I'd take some time to browse the forums; both the HCL and GGOOTP forums there can give you taste. If you want to go really in depth, check out the GGNL forums and the OOTP developer forums.

Gameplay works as follows:
You're the GM of a team. You set lineups, depth charts, minor league assignments. You draft players and sign contracts. You make trades and set ticket prices. You can make and infinite number of changes, though each set affects your team for one game week. We have 3 game weeks (sims) per week before the trading deadline (July 31 of game time) and 4 after. You will curse the AI, just like you curse the coach of the you follow in real life, but all in all its a very realistic simulation.

N00bs are definitely welcome. We were all there before. You will struggle a bit, but like many things, it's an easy game to learn, but a hard one to master. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS talk important decisions over with another player. Even those of us that have been playing for a while (I have nearly 30 multiplayer seasons under my belt) ask advice fairly consistently.

Boxcar and galaril, as long as there is an opening you're in. Come visit us on the forums. We're trying to decide whether to drop to 24 teams or keep the current 30. It wouldn't be a problem to do 26 or 28 though, so I'm sure you'll have a team.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Rip

Post by Rip »

I e-mailed you the other day. I'm still interested and will go check out the forums.
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
Gumps

Post by Gumps »

Bumps - still looking for a couple of owners.....
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Another bump. We had extra turnover this year due to losing a commish, but the off-season is shaping up nicely. 2 spots left.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Bump for me because I'm lazy and don't feel like a special advertisement.

One team is still open, and one team has opened up. Tampa Bay and Toronto are your choices.

HCL needs one as well
Black Lives Matter

Kelric

Post by Kelric »

If you're interested in the GGOOTP, I recommend Toronto over Tampa Bay for obvious reasons. :)
gellar

Post by gellar »

Kelric wrote:If you're interested in the GGOOTP, I recommend Toronto over Tampa Bay for obvious reasons. :)
They both gotta go through me, beeyotch.

gellar
OMGHI2U
"I guess we're all retarded except you Gellar." - Kobra
"I'm already doomed to the seventh level of hell. If you think I wouldn't kill a person of my choosing for $50 mil, you obviously have no clue just how expensive my taste in shoes really is." - setaside
#gonegold brutesquad
Crux

Post by Crux »

Kelric wrote:If you're interested in the GGOOTP, I recommend Toronto over Tampa Bay for obvious reasons. :)
Seriously. I joined the league a few days before Toronto became available. I got Cleveland :P
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

gellar wrote:

gellar
You mean through Laux.
gellar

Post by gellar »

Kelric wrote:
gellar wrote:

gellar
You mean through Laux.
Laux = Baltimore.

gellar
OMGHI2U
"I guess we're all retarded except you Gellar." - Kobra
"I'm already doomed to the seventh level of hell. If you think I wouldn't kill a person of my choosing for $50 mil, you obviously have no clue just how expensive my taste in shoes really is." - setaside
#gonegold brutesquad