Star Wars Battlefront: kinda fun, but...

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Kschang77

Star Wars Battlefront: kinda fun, but...

Post by Kschang77 »

Okay, so I wasn't playing multiplayer. I was playing on the demo machine in CompUSA. You get like 199 Rebel drones and I as the lone intelligent player. Vs. 200 Empire drones. I can win "most" of the time after a bit of practice, but I'm toast when Vader shows up.

Sometimes the AI knows what to do and will do it if you give them an advantage. At other times, like when Darth Vader shows up, the AI will simply lose big time, EVEN with help.

Then you get the Tattooine map where you also need to watch out for the Tusken Raiders... Eeek.

The controls are simplified yet not TOO simple. The emphasis is on the action and I must say the Rebel blaster rifle is a nice piece of work, as you can almost use it like a sniper rifle (making the marksman useless). They are great against AI who seems to pause at certain times esp. at long distances.

The concussion grenades you throw are enough for dramatic effects, and the AI is usually smart enough to dodge/ roll to avoid in time unless you have a bunch of guys moving back and forth.

The different maps have very different flavors. Some favor outright attack, while others require a bit more coordination, and yet others pretty much requires the use of vehicles for some avenues of attack.

The idea that the empire gets to destroy planets while Rebels can force planets to rebel are nice touches.

All in all, if I get a fast PC and good group of friends, playing this may be a blast... if I can just figure out how to take out a Jedi... :-D