SI PBEM Game 2 AAR

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Kelric

Re: SI PBEM Game 2 AAR

Post by Kelric »

For whatever reason the last turn file downloaded as the same turn for me two turns in a row. If that makes any sense to you.
Spoiler:
As expected, I got my ass kicked in the Praetor Cage Match against Archinerd. I don't know what to do now.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

I'm planning on updating to the latest patch 1.05, will that be alright?
I'd like to do it as soon as possible, so as not to slow down my other games.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Mortis!
Spoiler:
Lord Mortis has constructed a manuscript that lowered everyone's charisma 2 points! Except for his. This is not good, however, it does take some of the focus off me for a bit I hope. I am now far into the lead, I have prevented Sepiche from meeting the requirments of his Vendetta and killed another of his Legions. I now have 104 prestige (plus I have already achieved my public objective), Zarathud is in 2nd with 54. There will be Hell to pay.

Mortis's event does hurt me a bit, but I'll recover I think. I'm going to make a priority of getting my Charisma back up to 3 quickly. I'm going to turtle turtle turtle after that. I've already moved the Horn of Panic or whatever its called back to my vault to protect it a bit. I must watch Zarathud* carefully now though, he can take Pandemonium pretty easily from his position. Note to self, get a strong flyer.

*This should say Mortis.
Last edited by Archinerd on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Son of a bitch, Mortis.
Spoiler:
Going to be rebuilding my Charisma back up to 2 this turn. Going to get Tribute and make a demand of 1 Tribute from Sepiche. My Legion is strong enough to take his stronghold if necessary.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Why are we screaming at me?

I'd also like to update to 1.5
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Mortis has signed his death warrant.

I'll upgrade to 1.05 on the next turn, as the AI updates are important while I spend next week at a weeklong tax conference in Orlando with nothing much else to do.
Spoiler:
Sraal may be regretting his demand for 3 tribute. With 2 less Charisma after suffering from the Mortis machine of Gluttony, there's no way I'm conceding any of my precious loot. His declaration of a Vendetta would save me an order, anyway.

Mortis has sealed the lead of Ark-Nerd, who benefits from massive Prestige gain after beating on Sepiche. The worm has fallen to a meagre 14 Prestige, showing that stealing my Places of Power can be hazardous to your health. There's too much blood in that Fountain now, anyway.

I am in second at 54 Prestige, with Ark-Nerd at 104 and +30 for achieving his Lust objective. Someone needs to relive him of that Garden of Infernal Delights (Baphomet and Sraal have a border along with a Lust objective). Mortis, Baphomet and Sraal are all in the 30s.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I have no problem upgrading as this is my only game. Let me know when we're patching up, Mortis.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I've got one person upgraded and it won't take his turn. So I'm going to go ahead and upgrade as well and see what happens...
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

OK. I updated to 1.05 and the turn is still missing. I am sending a PM to have it resubmit.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Alright, I'm all updated and ready to go once everybody else is.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Hey guys,

Sorry I stopped with the blogging of the game, but I've been going through some crap recently and my heart really hasn't been in it.

And I just wanted to give fair warning... I'm headed into the hospital on the 1st for probably about a week, so I won't be able to put in my turn during that time. If you guys just want to put me on AI and keep going I totally understand.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Sorry to hear that Sepiche.

I would prefer to keep you controlled by you, and am willing to wait for you to return.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I have no problems waiting.

Be well.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Spoiler:
This is probably the last turn before Sepiche returns, sorry it isn't more interesting. Since I am in the lead, and since Mortis just angered everyone, I'm going to just going to quietly gather tribute and save up for some musical instruments in the bazaar. The Drums of Woe may be gone before I get enough hellfire to buy them though.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Spoiler:
Spent this past turn requesting tribute with all three of my order slots. Need to get my Charisma back up to 3 (preferably 4). Friggin' Mortis.
Last edited by Kelric on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Kelric, use your inside voice.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Archinerd wrote:Kelric, use your inside voice.
:lol:
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

That is the third or fourth time I've done that in this thread. :doh:

Luckily it wasn't that important.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

LordMortis wrote:
Archinerd wrote:Kelric, use your inside voice.
:lol:
+1
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Spoiler:
I'm just sitting quietly by myself this turn, raising my stats. Next turn my Charisma will be to 2 and I'll also have gained a single point of Intelligence.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Spoiler:
Sepiche conceded to my demand of 1 Tribute card. Woohoo! :roll: We're now up to 6 Conclave Tokens, by the way.

I need to consolidate tribute to get myself back to Level 3 Charisma. What a waste of an order slot. I only have 6 Souls, which will all be used by the Charisma upgrade. 6 Souls, 16 Ichor, 21 Hellfire, 22 Darkness before my Charisma upgrade takes 6 of each. That keeps me from grabbing a second Legion and going after Pandemonium any time soon. It'd be a giant risk, but might be fun. And I'm the only one in the game with access to it right now.

Pandemonium, being the capital of Hell, has 20 Hit Points, 12 Ranged, 10 Melee and 10 Infernal. My only Legion has 13 HP, 11 Ranged, 10 Melee, 5 Infernal. If I had a second Legion and a decent Praetor (which I once had but lost in single combat! ARGH) I could take Pandemonium. I don't know if anyone in the game can defeat my Legion in combat. Also, enemy Places of Power (and I don't think this counts Pandemonium) take double damage from my Legion because of the Siege Engine. The Lance of the Leper King will also do a little damage to an enemy Legion in a fight.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Something tells me Sraal is going to regret this Vendetta.
Spoiler:
His flying Legion has been found disloyal and was disbanded, and I'm going to take his other PoP before he can do anything. Instead of a trade of PoPs, he's going to lose. If he attacks my PoP with his main Legion, he'll discover that I've put down a nasty Combat Card as a little suprise.

I've also issued a Vendetta challenge to Mortis, calling out his Champion to die beneath my blade as punishment for draining my Charisma.

Once chastized, perhaps they'll find their place in helping drag Archinerd down. I have the territory and Prestige to take a Blood Vassal.
Sorry for taking so long with my turns this week. Spent the week in Orlando at a tax conference, with wireless internet access during the day competing with meetings and office business matters.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

We're cool. We'll I think we are going in Hiatus mode while we wait for Sepiche to be healthy.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know I'm home now and on the mend. I'm still a little loopy from meds, so I probably won't be ready to start putting in turns until next week, but I'll be ready to start up again soon.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Sepiche wrote:Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know I'm home now and on the mend. I'm still a little loopy from meds, so I probably won't be ready to start putting in turns until next week, but I'll be ready to start up again soon.
Glad to hear you are doing alright.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

We wouldn't want to take too many liberties with your med-addled mind. Glad that you're mending, and hopefully you feel better soon.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Zarathud wrote:We wouldn't want to take too many liberties with your med-addled mind.
We wouldn't? I thought this was Hell!
Lars

Post by Lars »

Are we still going to continue this game? I'm only asking because I was limiting myself to just one multiplayer game of SI, and this game has been on hold for 2+ weeks now, and if it's done, I'd like to move on and join another game.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I am still in a holding pattern. Anytime we are ready to resume I will start sending out turns again.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Ready to go whenever we start up.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I'm all jacked up and good to go.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Now I just need to remember what I was doing...
Spoiler:
Upgrading my Charisma back to three and then using two order slots to get more Tribute so I can try to work on taking Pandemonium.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

You and me both. I need to get in here tonight and put up AARs in all my game, if nothing else, to remind me of what the hell is going on.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

So who do I need to sleep with to get this game going again?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I'm just waiting on one turn order. If I remember and think of it, I'll send a reminder before I go to bed tonight.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Spoiler:
Enlarge Image

I'm still winning for now... but I may be getting myself into more wars than I can handle. Apparently I made a demand of Zarathud last turn, and looking at the map I can see why. He's got a juicy POP that his Legion is way too far away to protect. It's so far away its off the top of the screen. Those two Legions standing next to mine are Sepiche's, Zarathud is the unprotected lands to the East. I'm going to try and grab that POP by the forks in the river if Zarathud denies my demand. And if I do get it, it comes with a prize, the Amulet of Shadows. But only if I reach it before he can pull it to the safety of his vaults, even then I still get a nice POP.
Enlarge Image

And if a potential war with Zarathud isn't enough, Sraal has made a demand of me. I think he wants to pit his Champion against mine, and you know what? Im up for a fight because it will give me a chance to kill Barbatos. Furfur is up to the task, especially since he knows Mind Burn now. We'll see, its a bit of a risk.

But two Vendettas, that's surely enough isn't it? You might think so, but I've gone ahead and made a demand of Mortis for as many tribute cards as I can (4 I think). He's just sitting down in his tiny little kingdom not bugging anyone. Surely he's sitting on a great heap of tribute!
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Spoiler:
Archinerd is so far out front, I'll throw my measly one card Demand at him to try and help everyone else. If I am going after Pandemonium, I won't need the Prestige if he turns me down. I'm also going to buy a second Praetor, hopefully someone buys one of the crappy Legions currently available so that a better one presents itself for me in the next few turns.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

oh boy.
Spoiler:
So, Zarathud gave into my demands and gave me a 3 cards, 2 which are hellfire. I actually need hellfire, so I'm going to chalk that up as a win even though I didn't get to fight him. Sepiche continues to loom ominously at my border... Mortis is crafting his response to me, Sraal has the option to claim vendetta on me, and Baphomet has issued a demand for a single tribute card - I'm turning him down. I'm at war with everyone!

For my turn, I'm going to use some of my newly acquired hellfire along with a dash of the three other resources to bump Zarathud up two notches on my threat list. He's got the fastest prestige gain right now, and it won't be long before he catches up to me. I'm also going to move my Legion South a bit to deal with the impending vendetta's from Baphomet & Sraal... assuming they go with a land war. One of them may be planning Praetor combat though, as frogman was just purchased from the bazaar.

Next turn I plan on fighting any wars that I have going on... and maybe purchasing a second Legion. There's a few cheap ones in there that I can boost with artifacts, cards, etc. Maybe instead of buying a second Legion though, I should re-equip the one I have with my fancy Wyrrmms & Horns though.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Spoiler:
Zarathud has asked me to take some land from Sepiche and go Lord/Vassal with him. Normally, with as ineffective as I have been, I might take him up on that offer. But I want to risk it all and go for Pandemonium. I'm using the last of my Souls to bid on a mediocre Legion.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Spoiler:
Archinerd refuses me! The nerve! I will let him get away with it. Prestige won't matter if I try for Pandemonium.

I won the Infernal Engineers. I'm giving them the Lance of the Leper King and one of my Praetors. Next turn I can give my other Praetor to my main Legion. My other order slot is to collect Tribute.