ZOD

Re: Solium Infernum - PBEM the Third

Post by ZOD »

Thanks for softening it up for me ;)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I was wondering where your legion went.

Just Sepiche's turn outstanding for #8 (unless I missed it).
Black Lives Matter.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

ZOD wrote:Thanks for softening it up for me ;)
I shall not kneel before you.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Latest turn is out:
Spoiler:
Well, here goes. I demanded 3 tribute cards from Nick this turn. Hopefully he declines (not that three free tribute cards would be so bad, and I can claim vendetta. Here's the situation I am looking at:

The tower, which is still formally unclaimed, is on the other side of Nick's legion. He may claim it in the next two turns before the vendetta starts; we'll see. It may make things easier for me if he does, as that will leave the Tower with very low HP, and should make for an easy vendetta (I set the terms as 1 PoP and then waltz in there on the first turn of the vendetta before he can respond and win the thing before it starts). If not it will be more interesting, but on the other hand it wouldn't be too hard to nab a neutral Tower.

Here's the overall situation, which is a little troubling at the moment:

The main problem being that I'm currently tied for last in prestige, and I believe I am gaining at the slowest rate, which naturally is a bit of a problem. But should this vendetta work it will put me up to about second in terms of rate of gain of prestige. If it fails though I'm going to be in a tough spot, as it will cost me much precious prestige. So I suppose failure is not an option (at least, not a preferable one)

We'll see. I have my eyes on Zord next, as he just took the City of Dis, but I don't think his legion is in any shape to stop mine at the moment (particularly once I get the Ark of Damnation, as I am hoping to get in the next few turns.

In other news Zaphan (the infernal first Praetor) joined team Slutalia this turn.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

To my great dismay, I wasn't able to capture the tower of wrath. Incompetent fools.
Spoiler:
For the last two turns, I've been building up tribute. As "regent" this turn, I got a Legion Tax card, which will be pretty useful to keep everyone else down (a bunch of people have extra legions). I'm a little worried that Guapo's legion will be able to beat my guys to a bloody pulp with their ultra-high infernal stat, but as long as I get some decent tribute, I should be able to create a combat card to whomp on them.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Meanwhile:
Spoiler:
So NickA rejected my demand, as I expected/hoped. I'm claiming vendetta. He still hasn't taken the Tower yet, however, which leaves me in an interesting spot in deciding the terms of the vendetta. I had hoped that he would've taken the Tower by now; then I could set the terms as "capture 1 PoP", swoop in and grab the weakened tower from him, and have the whole thing over in a turn. Without knowing whether he'll take the Tower, it becomes riskier; if I make that the term and then he sits around the Tower and does nto take it, I have to march all the way across his territory to have a shot at another of his PoPs - meanwhile he could march through my territory as well. So that's too risky.

I could also make it "Destroy 1 legion". His legion is next to mine, and by attaching Xaphan to my legion by pure math I should be able to destroy it (and I get to move first); 11 infernal vs. 4 infernal on his legion means 11 - 4 = 7 infernal damage when his legino only has 5 HPs. What worries me is the possibility that he could slap a combat card on his legion or get a lucky stat boost (to infernal, most likely) at the start of the battle; if he survives my infernal shot he has the advantage in terms of range and melee.

So I'm thinking I'll make the terms capture 4 cantons. If I destroy his legion then I'll have no problem grabbing those cantons anyways at my leisure, and given that the terrain is narrow I can block his legion from running around into my territory.

The other big news is that my plan continues to unfold well - I did triple tribute gathering last turn which garnered enough souls for me to put a bid in on the Ark of Damnation artifact, which I am doing this turn. Then I can slap it on my legion at the start of the vendetta, which will make my legion teh uber - I don't think Nick can withstand it then even with reasonable tricks up his sleeve. But we'll see :)

In other news another demand was issued - I'm not sure I remember who, but I believe it was an intra-Z dispute (Zod vs. Zarathud). Probably over the City of Dis. But put aside your squabbles, boys - I plan on taking that once I am done with Nick. :)
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Turn 9 is out! As the kids say, it is "on."
Spoiler:
Well, this is it - my vendetta with Nick is now active. It looks good - I go first next turn, and from what I can tell I can just walk my legion into Nick's and deal 5 - 9 infernal damage (depending on the 'battlefield advantage' initial luck roll) right away in combat. Given that Nick's legion only has 5 HPs, this should do them in right away. Then I can walk around and capture another three cantons (and the Citadel of Wrath) to conclude the vendetta.

So things look pretty good. I just hope that I'm not missing anything...if I am, and my legion somehow gets destroyed, I am pretty damn well hosed (being in last place with 8 prestige and also being last in prestige gain). BUT I am 99% sure that everything is in place. Anyways, fingers crossed.

Also Zarathud denied Zord's demand (though I am never sure who demanded whom), so we may have another vendetta on our hands as well.

One other positive is that it is turn 10, the last to adjust the threat order. Since I am last now, but expect to shoot up fairly rapidly over the next few turns, I am probably last on most people's threat orders (except for possibly Nick's). So rituals should be more expensive against me, for the most part.
Last edited by El Guapo on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter.
ZOD

Post by ZOD »

Hmm, things have gotten interesting.
Spoiler:
So, neighbor to the south Zarathud has issued a demand, which I've denied -- no way of knowing which way he'll jump but I suspect he'll go all Big V on me and come barreling in to take the City of Dis. Dis is worth 3 prestige a turn, but it's really the only PoP near me -- so if he thinks I'm giving it up without a fight he's nuts.

Problem is Dis is currently down to 4 HPs, still damaged from when I took it. Good thing is my primary legion, upgunned with Praetor and newly acquired Lance of the Leper King waits in a Mountain Hex (It's got the walk, baby) right next to Dis, upping it's stats. Zarathud has a big nasty unit though, Giants whose names I don't recall but who have something like 14 hit points and 10s in ranged and melee. They also have a move of one, require an upkeep, and are almost certainly making their way for little Dis as we speak.

A battle of the Z's should be interesting.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Turn 10 is out.
Spoiler:
Success! As planned, my personal legion has destroyed NickA, thanks to the excellent leadership of Praetor Xaphan and his infernal first abilities:

So unless something dramatic happens this vendetta should be a complete success. Nick has no other legions (though his personal legion will reform - I think in 2 turns?). So now I can capture the Citadel of Wrath unopposed and capture an additional canton of his. Then it's no problem to waltz over two more cantons to win the vendetta and the prestige, so this should put me back in the race.

In other news, I've decided to buy a second legion - the Hell Spawn. They kind of suck in battle - 1 ranged 4 melee 0 infernal - but what they do have that I want is the ability to fly three spaces. Since a big crevass separates me from where I am most busy - near Nick's territory - this will help since I can simply fly them over and back. My plan is to fly them over and grab neutral cantons that I need. I am hoping that I'll be able to equip them eventually with a praetor and artifact(s) that will make them adequate in combat. My personal legion is more than adequate in combat, so what I really need is a mobile force, so I am hoping that these guys will work. And hey, if a better legion shows up (I'm waiting on you, Tormentors), then I'll just fire these guys.

I'm also increasing my martial skill to 1, so that I can create combat cards. If nothing else, these will add uncertainty over my legion strengths to my opponents. And then I can increase my martial to 2 later if I need a third legion.

The Zord-Zarathud vendetta appears to be on. I watch this with interest, as I may try to get involved to claim the City of Dis. But we'll see - I haven't decided my next objective yet.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Turn 11 is out. Nothing too surprising this turn:
Spoiler:
Most important thing is that, with Nick's legion out of the way, I finally captured the Citadel of Wrath. That netted me 8 prestige for winning the combat and will bring my prestige/turn up to +3. Still lower than NickAragua, but tied for second. Winning the vendetta (which is essentially certain now) will bring my prestige up another 14 points. Again still in second (or maybe lower), but puts me in the game.

Once the vendetta is over (should be at the end of next turn) the question is what my next goal will be. The Zord-Zarathud vendetta is still going on - from my rough estimation I think Zarathud will be able to take the City of Dis from Zord next turn. If that's the terms of the vendetta, which I imagine it would be, that would end the vendetta. Not sure whether Zarathud will be able to keep it long-term, but that should be interesting. I am interested to see how this turns out since one of them could be my next target - I could either shoot for the City of Dis, or Zarathud has a +1 PoP that's not too far from where my personal legion is, and wouldn't be too hard to take I think.

Of course, the Temple of Lust is a tempting target - taking it would boost me to +6 prestige/turn and complete my public objective (if I can hold onto it). That would bring my personal legion a bit far from home, however. So something to think about. I'll probably toss an insult NickAragua's way once the vendetta is over - he's in too weak a state to fight, so I think that would be a good way to get some easy prestige.

Also, it looks like I'll be able to surround Pandemonium, so anyone who wants to take it will have to go through me. And now that I think about it I'm not too far from being able to take Pandemonium myself - I think I can do it if my personal legion gets another +2 to +4 infernal. So something to think about.
Black Lives Matter.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Damn the City of Dis! I have gambled everything to take it and IT WILL BE MINE AT ALL COSTS!
Spoiler:

Once again, I am undone by the "non-zero bonus" from battle advantage. The City of Dis is at 2 hit points after the assault by The Sons of Typhon -- due to a +3 bonus to Melee. I attached Raum and the Throne of Skulls to get a massive bonus to Melee and Infernal that would have taken it even with a +2 bonus.

I think I have another crack at attacking before the upkeep comes due. Maybe. I expect to lose both Raum and the Throne, but they would do me no good with my main Legion so damaged by the intial assault. If I cannot, then it will be time to seek service with someone else for protection as I am lost with only +1 Prestige per turn.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Update as of last turn:
Spoiler:
I bought myself some "headless clerics" legion or some such. They kind of suck, but I need a military presence while my retard servants reform. I kind of screwed myself a couple of turns ago - I should have either given in to "Slutalia"'s demand (and given her a piece of crap tribute card, of which I had like eight) or retreated my legion earlier. Also, I don't know why that jerkoff flying legion is flying around my territory, but it's kind of bugging me. They don't currently have the firepower to take the Temple of Lust, and we're not in a blood feud or anything so it must be for some other objective.

That's ok though, I still have my prestige lead. I just need to beef my legions up a little so they stop getting their clocks cleaned by every pansy with high infernal attribute. To that end, I beat my imps and demand more tribute. Useless freaks.
Black Lives Matter
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Success! The City of Dis is mine, along with the Prestige of Victory! Will the cost ultimately be too much to pay?
Spoiler:
Once again, battle advantage proves to be a massive pain in the ass. I lost and the City received an additional +1 bonus. Although that's not as much of a pain in the ass as Legion Upkeep. Ugh. I'm pretty sure that I lost a prepaid turn of Upkeep along the way. I liked my Sons of Tyhpon, but the Upeep is way too steep. Serves me right for buying them without checking out the ENTIRE card. Sometimes a Legion too good to be true is just too expensive.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Do I/we need to upgrade versions? I've been playing with 1.04a this whole time. My understanding is that it is compatible at least with 1.05a. I had some trouble running Zarathud's turn last night, but the last version he sent to me worked, so I'm not sure whether an update is necessary or not. What version are you all playing with?

As for the update:
Spoiler:
This brings my vendetta with NickAragua to a successful close, netting me an additional 14 prestige, and making me tied for second in prestige gain per turn, at +3. Here's the current diplomatic/prestige situation:

I am now in second place in the prestige place, which isn't bad. The problem is that not only is NickAragua still in first, but he's still first in prestige gain at +4 / turn. So my next goal needs to be to at least match his annual prestige gain.

Here's a shot of the current map:

The question now is where to go next. First, I'm going to hurl an insult his way this turn. My thinking is that this presents him with a few bad choices, any of which should benefit me. I'm guessing that he'll just take the insult since he's not in a great condition to fight. If he chooses a military vendetta that would be the best for me, since I'm pretty sure I could easily win it and take the Temple of Lust (my public objective) in the process. It could be interesting if he chooses a single combat vendetta; as far as I know he doesn't have a praetor available for that. Partly because of that possibility, though, I'm probably going to put in a bid on this guy:

A few advantages to this: first, he's pretty good in single combat, and in any event it would be good to have a praetor available for that (I don't want to risk my infernal first praetor in single combat in any event). Second, he has the "melee first" ability; there are a few good melee legions available that I'll put bids in on later, and in any event I don't want anyone else getting him to cancel out my "infernal first" ability.

I'll probably make a demand of Paschetti as well in the next turn or two; I don't think he's in any shape to fight me, and since my legions are so close to him already I might as well throw my weight around. I might think about messing with Sepiche as well - rather than walk my legion all the way back around through my territory, if I fight with Sepiche I can hopefully link my territory up (and hopefully take another PoP).
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Spoiler:
Having been defeated by Slutalia, I need to turn my attention to someone who doesn't have an "Infernal Round First", 14-infernal rating legion. Zarathud's looking a little weak over there in the south west. I think I'll make a demand of him. If he accedes, well, I get some loot. If he doesn't, I get his places of power. Seems like a good deal to me.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Latest turn is out!
Last edited by El Guapo on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

I'm down with upgrading to 1.5 official. How about you guys?
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Sounds good to me. So, everyone upgrade for this turn?
Black Lives Matter.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Didn't check the forum first, so I completed and sent my turn on the prior version. I'll upgrade to 1.05 tomorrow. If need be, I can re-submit on Friday.

I'll be out of town starting Sunday at a weeklong tax conference but I should have wireless access at the hotel for the office laptop.
Spoiler:
I find myself in an interesting position. Zord and Lord of Aragua have both demanded tribute. I'll pay off Zord, but Lord of Aragua risks leaving himself open to Slutalia if he comes after me. Time for some diplomacy, hell-style:

My message to Zord: Patience, my precious. You will have table scraps only, while I shall have the juicest morsels for myself. Be prepared to pay with interest as you dash your forces on the walls of the City of Dis!

My message to Aragua: You wish to pursue me while letting Slutalia devour your heart? Fool!

Of course, I have to point out Aragua's potential misstep to Slutalia. Perhaps he will oblige me. If things roll my way in the next 2 turns, I will have an opportunity to turn Aragua's eagerness for a fight into a delicious suprise for both enemies.
Toxo

Post by Toxo »

Im fine with upgrading to 1.5 as well.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Ah, poor Zarathud. I guess the city of Dis wasn't worth it after all.
Spoiler:
Looks like I'm not the only one who thought of making demands of Zarathud - Zord decided to do so as well. Great minds think alike, or something. I guess this will increase the likelihood that Zarathud will simply give in to my demands. Oh well. There's always next time.

Meanwhile, Slutalia has decided to hurl an insult at me in front of the conclave. I don't feel like I need to take her crap, so I declared vendetta. This time though, instead of regular war, I'm just going to have a little praetor challenge. We'll see how Tentacleface McJerk (or whatever his name is) handles single combat. I have two things going for me in this:

1. I just bid on both parts of a 'resist two damage each round' manuscript.
2. My praetor has mad orbs.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Looks like the upgrade to 1.05 is go, so everyone should submit their turn under version 1.05 (or resubmit if their turn was not 1.05). I have everyone's turn but Sepiche's at this point, but I think Zarathud's isn't 1.05.

Looks like stuff is going down, too. Oh, and NickAragua smells bad and his mother dresses him funny.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Yeah, well, at least my praetor isn't a tentacle-face.
Black Lives Matter
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Hey guys,

I just wanted to give fair warning... I'm headed into the hospital on the 1st for probably about a week, so I won't be able to put in my turn during that time. If you guys just want to put me on AI and keep going I totally understand.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I don't mind waiting a week or so; I think that's preferable to putting someone on AI (though maybe Mortis could step in if it came to that). If it seems like it's going to be significantly longer than that just let us know. Though if people want to AI/Mortis Sepiche that would be fine with me too.

I hope that everything turns out well with your hospital visit; we'll be thinking of you. Also, if you'd rather not keep going with the game given what you're going through and want to be replaced just let us know - whatever works for you.

As for this turn I believe that I'm just short Sepiche's turn.
Black Lives Matter.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Best wishes for your hospital visit to go well, Sepiche. I'm ok with either decision on continuing the game, as I'll savor denying Zod access to the City of Dis every minute of real life. I suspect this game is going to end poorly for me, but I have a few more reckless gambits to pull before you can stick the fork into this Avatar.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

As for the game itself:
Spoiler:
Some interesting developments. First, NickAragua responded to my insult by claiming personal combat vendetta. I figured that he would either do that or take the insult. Of course I'd kind of hoped that he didn't have any praetors available and would just take the insult, but this should be interesting. What concerns me is that someone just bought the manuscripts for "impregnable (wide) stance" which allows a praetor to block twice as many melee attacks. I'm assuming that NickAragua just bought them, though I don't know for sure. The problem is that my personal combat praetor is pure melee and no infernal, so that doesn't bode well. I'm going to double demand that my minions bring me "curiosities" in the hopes that I'll get some good combat training manuals to give my praetor, but we'll see - extra resources wouldn't be bad either. I'm kind of regretting sending the insult over another demand, but this should be fun either way.

Also I'm planning on demanding 4 cards from Pashetti this turn. He's really close to my personal legion and his legion seemingly can't take mine, so I'm happy if he either accedes or allows me to claim vendetta; we'll see.

In other news Zarathud accepted Zod's demand but denied NickAragua's; we'll see if Nick claims vendetta (I'm assuming that he will). Either way Zarathud's in a tough spot - the tough unit that he used to take the City of Dis requires upkeep that he cannot maintain any longer, so their gone (and I think the praetor and artifact that were attached to them too). So he can't hold the City of Dis long-term, and he's stuck between Zod and Nick. Interestingly he sent me a message offering to become my Blood Vassal once that's possible - I'd have to link my territory up to his (not too much trouble) and get double the prestige and territory (territory shouldn't be too much trouble; prestige might take a little while but if he gets hammered on won't be too much trouble). So that's an interesting thought.

Basically the way the blood vassal thing works is that if you think you're pretty much screwed you can offer to become someone's vassal (under the conditions I just mentioned). You can't win (except maybe through taking pandemonium? not sure about that one); however, if your Blood Lord wins then you take second place. You sharae territory and diplomatic status (so vendetta against either is a vendetta against both), but otherwise act independently. The Blood Vassal's prestige then goes to the lord at the end of the game.

Of course I suspect that he won't have a lot of prestige to give me, so it's possible it would be more trouble than it's worth. I would, however, gain +1 diplomatic status through the deal (so I'd be promoted to Prince rank). And hey, it seems like fun, so I'm going to respond to Zarathud and say that I'd be happy with that once it's possible. So we'll see :)

One interesting twist to the whole vassal thing is that there is one expensive perk that you can take - Power Behind the Throne - that says that if your Blood Lord wins that you win instead. So that's a concern; however somewhat fortuitously I just drew an event that allows you to see whether a player has that perk and then removes it if they do. So if he does ultimately become my vassal I can just play that and remove that danger. So that's nice.
Black Lives Matter.
ZOD

Post by ZOD »

Best of luck, Sepiche. I don't mind waiting a week or so.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

I'll be willing to wait around for a week, I'm sure I can find other things to do.

Meanwhile:
Spoiler:
This turn, Slutalia and I will have it out with our praetors. The odds are better for me, having trained impenetrable stance (which will block two damage per shield I assign).

I declared a vendetta against Zarathud, but I have no ability to complete it. However, I will get one of his places of power, which is fine. It's early enough in the game, that the prestige gain will be worth it. Also, it'll hopefully give my newly hired "Flying Head" legion a badly-needed level up.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Latest turn is out! Definitely regretting that insult...
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Well, my champion kicked the ass of "Barbatos", Slutalia's champion. Too bad I didn't get Tentacleface McJerkwad. Oh well, there's always the next vendetta.
Spoiler:
I start the combat off with Impenetrable Stance. This will block 12 points of damage over the next six rounds, making it so Barbatos can't damage me. I then proceed to hit Barbatos with three infernal Bursts in a row, followed by a guarded attack with everything I have left. At the end of the combat round, Valac is still at 7 hit points, Barbatos is down to 3. Next round, the first infernal burst finishes him off. Now, I'm back up to 80 prestige, Slutalia is in the 30s.

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have started my vendetta against Zarathud. The place of power I'll be capturing is kind of a piece of crap, and, chances are, his legion will attack mine first and win. I guess we'll see how that goes next turn.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Just need Zarathud's turn, though he's away at some kind of "work" conference (what's up with that?), so his availability probably isn't great.

As for me:
Spoiler:
Bah, the single combat with NickAragua went badly, as I basically expected. I probably should have just not shown up since I expected it to go badly, but I wanted to see what would happen. Damn curiosity. Anyways, learned that lesson, so I'm going straight demands with NickAragua (issuing him another one this turn). If I can get him into another fight the Temple of Lust should be mine. And in other news Paschetti acceded to my demand for 4 tribute cards (wuss).

My new goal is to build another strong legion. My personal legion is pretty uber, but it can only cover so much territory. I think I can build one of the legions on the map into a very strong melee fighter with the addition of an artifact and praetor, so I'm starting on putting that together. That should help me fight NickAragua again (in case he puts together something uber before we fight again) and should help prepare me to make demands on Sepiche - my personal legion can take his (barring any surprises), but I have two borders with him currently and my legion can't protect both. Hopefully my melee legion should be able to protect one. I'll post the legion when I have time to put together some screenshots.

Also I raised my INT to 2. Importantly this gets me a second ritual slot; the book has been occupying my only one to date which has kept me from performing any rituals until now.
Black Lives Matter.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Turn submitted. Zord insulted me and Lord of Aragua sent his Legions over for a little fight.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Sorry for taking so long with my turns this week. Spent the week in Orlando at a tax conference, with wireless internet access during the day competing with meetings and office business matters.

I do not advise trying to speak with a head partner to handle a matter while at the Lego Imagination Center at DisneyWorld during your only afternoon off. My lack of enthusiasm must have been quite disturbing. ;)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

It's getting a little confusing what with all of the sudden SI action around here, but unless I've missed something I believe I just need Toxo and Sepiche's turn to process. Sepiche is going into the hospital though in a couple days, though, so the hiatus will start soon. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Sepiche.
Black Lives Matter.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know I'm home now and on the mend. I'm still a little loopy from meds, so I probably won't be ready to start putting in turns until next week, but I'll be ready to start up again soon.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Whenever you're ready. Glad to hear that you are back!
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Latest turn is out!
Black Lives Matter.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Ugh. I am so screwed in this game.
Spoiler:
This is the game where my main Legion died and I was unable to maintain the upkeep on my aweseome legion that counter-attacked Zod. At least this turn I smacked down NickAragua's legion trying to prey on my weakened condition, preventing him from completing his Vendetta. Slutalia is insulting me for being unable to stop Zod. I kinda knew both were coming, and need time to get another plan established. My new goal is to avoid being eveyrone's Prestige bitch, consolidate my turf and avoid falling too far behind.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

No you're not - you just kicked my legion's butt!
Spoiler:
So, I'm screwed. No resources, and a shitty legion. Luckily, I still have like 80 prestige. So, I need to just hunker down and hold on to what I have, build up some resources and rebuild my legions/praetors. Interestingly enough, I've overextended myself in all three games I"m playing, leading me to the conclusion that I"m not very good at legion combat. Perhaps a destruction/charisma build next time.
Black Lives Matter