Demon's Souls

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Koz

Re: Demon's Souls

Post by Koz »

Carpet_pissr wrote:As if in response to the reviving of this thread, Demon's Souls (PS3) with accompanying soundtrack CD (?!) is $15 on Amazon.
I think it's always had that soundtrack CD. I know I got it when I bought it close to release.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I loaded it up the other day and invaded a few games. :twisted: Lost my first fight and won the second one. Using the scraping spear is probably unsporting of me, but hey you do what you got to do..
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

resurrect this thread for PS5?

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/demons-souls/

Sony says a PC port 'will not be available', but it is possible to run the original PS3 version on computer with the RPCS3 emu

https://www.pcgamer.com/you-can-play-de ... en-better/
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

I can't believe no one else has posted about the remake since its launch.

I'm about 90% through my first run and the game is just fantastic. (I just have the two bosses left) Yes it is essentially the original Demon Souls with a couple of quality of life improvements and MUCH MUCH better graphics. But probably the best part about the game is that the gameplay still holds up today. Literally nothing was changed on the actual gameplay front, but man is it still enjoyable.

There are those certain bosses that gave me a hard time the first several times I tried them. But once I went to a different area, leveled up a bit and got better gear I was able to go back and give them the beating they deserve. It's so rewarding.

My one wish that I have is that we had the option to play online, but exclude players from invading our world. I like reading the messages, seeing other people's ghosts, and watching how they die. But I absolutely hate when players invade my world. They are usually way more powerful than me and kill me within a couple of hits. I usually win about 1 out of every 6 invasions. Which is annoying.
FTE
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Scraper wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:14 am I can't believe no one else has posted about the remake since its launch.
A PS5 has been a little hard to get. :P
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:08 am
Scraper wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:14 am I can't believe no one else has posted about the remake since its launch.
A PS5 has been a little hard to get. :P
Slackers!

I ended up beating the game last night. I played the original back when it was first released. But for some reason I never beat the game. This time around I literally couldn't put the game down until I beat it. It clocked in at just over 30 hours for me and I did almost every optional side quest, freed all the NPCs, got the sword from the Old King, etc. By the time I got to the end the final two bosses were push overs compared to some of the regular level bosses. I really hope they turn the devs lose on a Dark Souls 1 and 2 remake.

At this point I think I have beaten every From Software Souls style game. I've finished Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1,2,3, Bloodbourne and Sekiro.

I will say that Sekiro is easily the hardest of the bunch, but it might also be my favorite.
FTE
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

If I could find a PS5 I would be playing. I don't have the patience to try and hunt for one so it's going to be a while. This is my favorite game ever so I will be super stoked when I can finally play it. I'm so sick of all the people freaking flipping products. It's so frustrating.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I've been playing it. I apparently played it a bit on the PS3, but only had the achievement for beating the first boss so didn't get very far. Doing much better this time around; I have beaten all the x-1 bosses so far and the 1-2 boss. Fortunately for my fighting style, most of the bosses so far can be cheesed. :horse:
Black Lives Matter