KOTOR Help

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

El-Producto

KOTOR Help

Post by El-Producto »

Well, this is my first post on the new boards. Hi to all the ggers, sorry for the loss ;)

Anyway, in an attempt to conquer my increasing backlog of games, I've decided to try and play through KOTOR. I played it a little on the XBOX, then got the PC version, then it got sitting on the shelf while other games were getting played. Anyway, I"m glad I did, because this game pwns.

I'm in the Crystal Cave, trying to investigate that dirty little dream that I had, and the spider things are kicking my ass. Any suggestions as how to prepare for this, other than lots of antidote.

Thanks in advance!!
Rip

Re: KOTOR Help

Post by Rip »

El-Producto wrote:Well, this is my first post on the new boards. Hi to all the ggers, sorry for the loss ;)

Anyway, in an attempt to conquer my increasing backlog of games, I've decided to try and play through KOTOR. I played it a little on the XBOX, then got the PC version, then it got sitting on the shelf while other games were getting played. Anyway, I"m glad I did, because this game pwns.

I'm in the Crystal Cave, trying to investigate that dirty little dream that I had, and the spider things are kicking my ass. Any suggestions as how to prepare for this, other than lots of antidote.

Thanks in advance!!
Don't run into them. Try to draw them to you 1 or 2 at a time. They aren't real smart and they are very aggresive.
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
Unbreakable

Post by Unbreakable »

I dont know if anyone went over character creation tips with you, but just in case- try to hold off on leveling up until you become a Jedi. Since you are required to advance to L2, you can, in theory, get to L18 in Jedi. I found it was pretty hard to play with too low a level, so if I recall, my character went to L3 before delayed gratification.

Once you hit Jedi, you can advance all those levels and get a leg up on some good feats and powers.
Yog-Sothoth

Post by Yog-Sothoth »

Where to switch from normal to Jedi depends on what you want to do. There are FAQs up at Gamefaqs which analyze everything in detail. I've done 2 characters:

LS L5 soldier/ L15 Guardian
DS L4 scout/ L16 Counselor

Moving to Jedi after L2 is not always the best choice; it depends on the class mix. L5 soldier gives you extra feats. L4 scout is a good place to switch, because you get extra class feats at L4.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Unbreakable wrote:I dont know if anyone went over character creation tips with you, but just in case- try to hold off on leveling up until you become a Jedi. Since you are required to advance to L2, you can, in theory, get to L18 in Jedi. I found it was pretty hard to play with too low a level, so if I recall, my character went to L3 before delayed gratification.

Once you hit Jedi, you can advance all those levels and get a leg up on some good feats and powers.
Uh, well, if he's in the crystal caves, he's on Dantooine and he's already a Jedi. A bit late to hold off leveling up :)

Not sure why's he's having trouble. I found the caves extremely easy.

Grifman
El-Producto

Post by El-Producto »

I guess I was just having trouble because I had been away from the game for so long.

Anyway, I passed it, and just got off of Dantoine... damn this game is good, I don't know how I ever got bored with it.

Thanks for the tips
Unbreakable

Post by Unbreakable »

Grifman wrote:Uh, well, if he's in the crystal caves, he's on Dantooine and he's already a Jedi. A bit late to hold off leveling up :)

Not sure why's he's having trouble. I found the caves extremely easy.

Grifman
I realize that. But I have restarted games for far lesser reasons than rebuilding my character.