Minecraft

All discussions regarding PC gaming.

Moderators: Arcanis, LawBeefaroni

Lorini

Re: Minecraft

Post by Lorini » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:17 pm

Blackhawk wrote:That's good. I haven't actually played in at least a year, but I and the kids each have copies, and I wasn't thrilled with the idea of having to buy three more just to get updates. if I can just 'sidegrade' them, though, that's fine.

What is the state of the Windows version anyway? The last time I tried it it was way, way behind the java version in regards to features.
The main thing that the Windows 10 version doesn't have now is the recipes or the parrots. It has the new concrete and terracotta blocks though. It also finally has all the gamerules implemented, which is why I'm playing it now. I get traumatized when I lose all my stuff so I always want keepinventory on.
Steer into the drift.

Lorini

Post by Lorini » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:02 pm

More news:

The Better Together patch (the one that adds cross platform) will be launched in August. At that time, the Cross Platform version will also have recipes and presumably parrots, making it feature complete with the PC edition. The PC edition will be renamed the Java edition which is what people call it anyway. Mojang is working on Java version 1.13 but I haven't found what's planned to be in it.
Steer into the drift.

stessier

Post by stessier » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:03 pm

That's exciting news! Be nice to play with anyone at any time.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running 2014: 1300.55 miles
Running 2015: 2036.13 miles

hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:17 am

i was unable to get the free copy of the Win10 edition - i looked at all the instructions online, but the redeem button doesn't show up in my account.

Lorini

Post by Lorini » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:10 am

hitbyambulance wrote:i was unable to get the free copy of the Win10 edition - i looked at all the instructions online, but the redeem button doesn't show up in my account.
Try these suggestions. Make sure you have a Mojang account and not a Minecraft account.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/gam ... dition-faq
I think I have an unused code somewhere. I'll pm it.

Edit: not finding it sadly.
Steer into the drift.

hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:18 pm

Error! Your Minecraft account has already been migrated to a Mojang account.
this is all i see:

Klif

Post by Klif » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:36 pm

hitbyambulance wrote:
Error! Your Minecraft account has already been migrated to a Mojang account.
this is all i see:

That looks like you may not have converted your account, just created a new one? Maybe? what happens if you try to import?

hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:03 pm

Klif wrote:That looks like you may not have converted your account, just created a new one? Maybe? what happens if you try to import?
actually, that jogged my memory - i had two accounts, and i was using the old one. my newer account had the redemption code. thanks.

Lorini

Post by Lorini » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:25 pm

Minecraft's better together update is rolling out now. From the wiki, here are the details of the update.

Do keep in mind that in the future the Java Minecraft will be called just that, Java Minecraft. Minecraft is now what I linked to above.
Steer into the drift.