Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Jag

Re: Minecraft Multiplayer!

Post by Jag »

That's awesome. Which hip hop artist are you?? :D
McG2k1

Post by McG2k1 »

I'm adding a mod to the server that requires you to take a quiz before you can log in. Questions will be randomized based 1500 I wrote myself. Dont worry, its only 35 questions in the actual quiz. Answers can be found on Vh1 at 8'ish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeMIvNm1JcU" target="_blank
McBa1n

Post by McBa1n »

Looks like the server went BEWM
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

McBa1n wrote:Looks like the server went BEWM
BEWM=BOOM?
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
McBa1n

Post by McBa1n »

Cylus Maxii wrote:
McBa1n wrote:Looks like the server went BEWM
BEWM=BOOM?
Yessir - McG reset it last night.
McG2k1

Post by McG2k1 »

Thinking about adding this mod:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/179 ... -and-more/" target="_blank

Also thinking about adding TabbyChat.

Anyone want anything else. (Besides twighlight Forrest cylus)
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Any possibility of getting some sort of magic block or item that, when pressed by a player, sets the time to 8am? The constant logging out for sleeping could be easily avoided.
McBa1n

Post by McBa1n »

I already know Cylus is going to ask for this one. I'm also a fan, as well, just being a novice bee guy (pfft, no wonder smithers made me head bee guy). Several features included would make bee keeping a bit more convenient.

Extra Bees!
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/132 ... -breeding/
McG2k1

Post by McG2k1 »

that mod was never updated past 1.5.2. Same with magic bees. =(
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Are you shooting for 1.6.4 or sticking with 1.6.2?
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
Debris

Post by Debris »

ChrisGrenard wrote:Any possibility of getting some sort of magic block or item that, when pressed by a player, sets the time to 8am? The constant logging out for sleeping could be easily avoided.

Completely agree with this, although we almost have it down to an art form.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Debris wrote:
ChrisGrenard wrote:Any possibility of getting some sort of magic block or item that, when pressed by a player, sets the time to 8am? The constant logging out for sleeping could be easily avoided.

Completely agree with this.
+1!!!
Jag

Post by Jag »

zzz
McG2k1

Post by McG2k1 »

Are you shooting for 1.6.4 or sticking with 1.6.2?
I'll try for 1.6.4 again but the shit is so tedious!
Any possibility of getting some sort of magic block or item that, when pressed by a player, sets the time to 8am? The constant logging out for sleeping could be easily avoided.
if you can find a mod that does it I'm all for it. there used to be a vote mod for bukkit, don't see one for forge
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

This doesn't do exactly that but it lets you make days longer which would be an acceptable fix in my opinion. Make the day cycles at-least an hour long and it would be far less annoying.

Link
McG2k1

Post by McG2k1 »

Lordnine wrote:This doesn't do exactly that but it lets you make days longer which would be an acceptable fix in my opinion. Make the day cycles at-least an hour long and it would be far less annoying.

Link
1.5.2 only
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

So, Chris and I automated our cow farm with amazing results!

Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Well done. I've thought about doing the feeders too.
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Regarding mods - I'm quite satisfied with the current server config. I'm having tons of fun. I'm grateful for the provided server. I'm playing a lot more than previously, and using a lot more of the mods than in any other MC game I've played.

You already have my suggestions for additional content; if you'd like to tinker with more. But I'm really pretty happy with it. Good job! And, thanks again.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Alright, Lordnine has convinced me to return. What do I need to do to get back in on the server?
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Archinerd wrote:Alright, Lordnine has convinced me to return. What do I need to do to get back in on the server?
McG2k1 can whitelist you.

if somebody is online, let us know in chat and somebody will probably fly over and give you a flying carpet. Otherwise, follow the mountain/bamboo forest border NW and around west to the cherry/orchard biome. My place is right there. Right click the apples to pick them and build up some food. Take a couple of saplings with you for food wherever you settle. There is a Nether portal by my place to access everyone else.

If I'm online- I'll happily outfit you as far as you want for a starting point. At the very least I can show you some of the features of the unfamiliar mods. I'll be on in about 1/2 hour.

EDIT: Follow Mg2k1 sig link to the server map. You can use that to see who's on and ask questions if you're having issues getting the mods download and profiles to work.
McG2k1

Post by McG2k1 »

There is no white list arch. Welcome back! You can use the server map to find a good place to start!

Madelyn told me the server has been super laggy and crashy today. Anyone else experiencing that? We're not running anything new and have been stable for the past few weeks.

I'm thinking about moving the hosted server to a different city, same provider though. Currently it's in Chicago in an effort to be geographically neutral. I think I might move it to their Houston facility to try and solve the mid evening lag issues. I fear the devil I don't know so I'm reluctant to move to a new provider. That said, the whole point is for us to be able to actually play!

McG
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Pretty sure Archinerd needs help with the mod part. This is the instructions. You will also need the mod loader which I cant find the link for.
McG2k1 wrote:
1. Delete your mods folder
2. Delete your config folder
3. Delete your libraries folder
4. Now download the usual .rar file, point it to your .minecraft folder, and overwrite anything it asks you to overwrite. BadBase 1.6.2 Server Fix
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

McG2k1 wrote: Currently it's in Chicago in an effort to be geographically neutral.
Sure, the moment I come back you move the server out of town. :)
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Lordnine wrote:Pretty sure Archinerd needs help with the mod part. This is the instructions. You will also need the mod loader which I cant find the link for.
McG2k1 wrote:
1. Delete your mods folder
2. Delete your config folder
3. Delete your libraries folder
4. Now download the usual .rar file, point it to your .minecraft folder, and overwrite anything it asks you to overwrite. BadBase 1.6.2 Server Fix
Thanks.
What's the latest version of Minecraft I can use with your mods list?
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Wasn't able to get into the server last night, "FML not installed". I assume this is Forge Mod Loader - I downloaded that and got it installed (ver 1.6.2) and followed the other instructions in Lordnine's post. Anything obvious that I'm doing wrong?
McG2k1

Post by McG2k1 »

Archinerd wrote:Wasn't able to get into the server last night, "FML not installed". I assume this is Forge Mod Loader - I downloaded that and got it installed (ver 1.6.2) and followed the other instructions in Lordnine's post. Anything obvious that I'm doing wrong?
Make sure in minecrafts launcher you are selecting the 'forge' profile. That launcher is new to 1.6.2 so it still confuses all of us!

This of course is assuming you ran the forge installer. If not, here's the official link to the version we're running: http://adf.ly/673885/http://files.minec ... .0.830.jar" target="_blank

This is an installer you double click on. Gone are the days of cracking open the files manually.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

McG2k1 wrote:
Archinerd wrote:Wasn't able to get into the server last night, "FML not installed". I assume this is Forge Mod Loader - I downloaded that and got it installed (ver 1.6.2) and followed the other instructions in Lordnine's post. Anything obvious that I'm doing wrong?
Make sure in minecrafts launcher you are selecting the 'forge' profile. That launcher is new to 1.6.2 so it still confuses all of us!

This of course is assuming you ran the forge installer. If not, here's the official link to the version we're running: http://adf.ly/673885/http://files.minec ... .0.830.jar" target="_blank

This is an installer you double click on. Gone are the days of cracking open the files manually.
FYI, you need to click on your profile (Lower left in the launcher) and choose to start the older version of Minecraft before you are able to run the forge installer. Once you have installed Forge choose Forge as your profile from that menu to play with the mods.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

McG2k1 wrote:
This was it. Thanks.
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Forestry Tree Breeding diagram is HERE
McG2k1

Post by McG2k1 »

server update went fine. played for about 2 minutes and it crashed with a BC bug. trying to track it down. in the meantime i restored the server from a back up, so its back to normal. no update.
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

McG2k1 wrote:server update went fine. played for about 2 minutes and it crashed with a BC bug. trying to track it down. in the meantime i restored the server from a back up, so its back to normal. no update.
Thanks for the info.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Getting a 503 error right now.

Also, my friend would like to join us. I'll vet him as a great person. Username "DasSmoof"
McBa1n

Post by McBa1n »

Ugh, seems like Friday is the day Mojang's authentication servers like to go down. They've been down all afternoon. It normally takes 2-3 hours and it's fine. It's been about that long already.
McG2k1

Post by McG2k1 »

ChrisGrenard wrote:Getting a 503 error right now.

Also, my friend would like to join us. I'll vet him as a great person. Username "DasSmoof"
theres no whitelist. getting onto the server is so complicated its proven to be a built in white list. :ninja:
McG2k1

Post by McG2k1 »

When you guys get a chance, please update your Forge version to .871.

here's the link:

http://adf.ly/673885/http://files.minec ... .1.871.jar" target="_blank

You run the installer, then in your minecraft loader select your profile and then make sure that profile is using .871.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Does anyone have Lemon, Plum or Mahoe tree's that I could steal some saplings from? I have biofuel powering a good chunk of my base now and they are supposed to produce the most biofuel.
McG2k1

Post by McG2k1 »

I dont have any of those. however i did randomly get a Papaya last night that I can't find in any guides.
McBa1n

Post by McBa1n »

I have lemon, chestnut and walnut, L9. I think chestnut is the best (if you took down 10 fully bloomed chestnut trees, you will generate 100s of buckets of seed oil - over 1 million units per the tank) - although the data i saw on that may be dated. The Mahoe does not produce any fruit that I'm aware of - but its planks are a really cool color. I'm working on making a 3x3 Lemon tree. Need a few more sapplings to make that happen.
Last edited by McBa1n on Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

McBa1n wrote:I have lemon, chestnut and walnut, L9. I think chestnut is the best - although the data i saw on that may be dated. The Mahoe does not produce any fruit that I'm aware of - but its planks are a really cool color. I'm working on making a 3x3 Lemon tree. Need a few more sapplings to make that happen.
I don't use the fruit, I ferment the saplings. Are all of these a 3x3 tree? Since I mostly care about the saplings I would prefer a thin tree.