The MMORPG Race to GOLD!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Schroeder

The MMORPG Race to GOLD!

Post by Schroeder »

Well, on both the SOE and the Blizzard boards (I think I lose 15 IQ points every visit to either location!) the buzz today is that EQII is now going to be shipped... (get ready for it!)

November 8th!

:shock:

Apprently EB has been sending out the confirmation letters today and several of the brick and motar places are also pushing up their dates as well. It seems the MMORPG release race has shifted into high gear.

Who's gonna blink first?

From everything I've read (aside from Yellowking anyway... :P ) it sounded like EQII was going to be a laggy mess on the 16th. Now, it's coming out on the 8th!? Yikes.

This can only mean one thing...

The Octopi Overlords have taken over SOE and replaced their programmers and dev team with the living dead! There can be no other rationale explanation... 8)

-CS
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Isn't the add-on for Star Wars Galaxies coming out next week as well?
Maybe next year, maybe no go
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I really want EQ2 to just come out - I'm having a lot of fun in beta but I can't shake the fact that I'm working on a character that's going to be wiped in a matter of days. I really want to work on a permanent character.

I don't know where all the lag reports are coming from. I get some very slight choppiness in cities on occasion, as well as in big fights, but then again I also have my graphics cranked very high. As far as pure server lag I may have encountered it twice since I got into beta, and even then it was a spike of maybe 3-4 seconds. And this was during a period when the servers were going up and down anyway.

Do I think the game is bug free? Nope. Do I care? Not really - at this point I haven't run into anything major. I am a touch worried about character customization - I hope they've got their ducks in a row on that front (they'll be pushing that out in the Monday patch, so we'll at least have a couple of weeks to test it.) Is the game playable and fun though? Yes, without a doubt. Just like WoW, if they shipped it today it would be more polished, stable, and playable than almost all of the other MMO's I've played at launch. As long as server stability is not an issue, I'm certainly content to have it release on the 8th and let them patch any rough spots out over the first few weeks.