Fallout New Vegas

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: Fallout New Vegas

Post by Daehawk »

Ah good deal then thank you.

\I must say looking at the Poco Bueno mod Im not liking it because it seems to just make everything look dirty. New Vegas has enough filth in it already. Why would I add more? I like graphics packs to sharpen up stuff and make them colorful.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
godhugh
Forum Admin

Fallout New Vegas

Post by godhugh »

*sigh*

Just follow Gopher's ultimate edition videos. There's no way you're going to have a stable game with the way you're going about it.
To my Wife:

"Life's only life with you in this song" -Whistles the Wind, Flogging Molly

Not to my Wife:

- "When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for his life."
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Seems 90% of these mods wont download with the NMM. I click to downlaod with it but it says they do not exist. Oh well. Doing it by hand then using it to install them.

And ive watched a lot of the videos. I cant find certain ones like load order and such. plus I dont have all week to watch more videos. it's simpler that if there is a way or something I should know just tell me :)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

BOSS will set your load order for you.

As to 'how to', it would require a whole manual - remember what I had to do for Morrowind? It would be quicker to just watch the videos.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ah yes BOSS that was on my list. Ill find it now.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok Ive got what I want installed for now. Ill find more Im sure. I've run BOSS and this is how it's turned out. Not tried to run it yet.

Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Enlarge Image

That above is my final mod list and sort / load order.

I've worked ALL day and into the night on this. I clicked run and it promptly crashed. But I held myself in check and stayed calm...took more meds....and tried again.

this time I started up NMM and loaded one mod at a time then loaded the game. That way I could find the trouble. It turned out that of all the mods I installed I had trouble wit honly 2 of them. One I had the wrong version of and also needed the script extender. I was trying to use a DLC OWB version when I didn't have it :) The other one you can see at the end of my list there not turned on. It is the Underground Hideout mod. I wanted it because of it's location outside of the strip and it has useful stuff in it like a weapons wall and armor dummies. No matter what I tried I just could not get it to work. Any part of it on and it crashes my game at startup. So it is OUT of there :). My game now works wit hall the rest. Not sure if Im missing something or not and my save mod doesn't seem to work even though it is on and doesn't crash. It's supposed to put a NEW quicksave in each time I click it instead of using the same one over and over. Though I may have read it wrong and it simply uses a new quicksave per map area. I am guessing this because the quicksave is listed as QUICKSAVE GOOD SPRINGS which would seem to indicate it may be the latter.

Anyways Im up and running. 2 things I REALLY want though. A mod to make my character creation guy look better. He looks like he is a fish as Im creating him even with Lings and stuff installed...sigh. And I also would like some more graphics tweaks.

I muist say that I am VERY very happy with the radio mods. I have everything from a military style info/music station to a WAY cool old western type (Sons of the Pioneers) station.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

THere's a couple mods that requires the DLCs as they use the GRA weapons. The hideouts may use that for some other purposes even though they're not supposed to.

Generally speaking, the load order goes as follows:

All the ESMs

then all the ESPs

If a mod comes with both ESMs and ESPs, keep them in the same order. If ModA's ESM goes before ModB's ESM, then do the same for the respective ESPs. (Think of ESP's as patches).

Generally, physical world stuff goes first
then bug patches / fixes that affects them
then visual mods like body, hair, texture
then UI improvements (that doesn't affect gameplay or balance)

My load order is as follows:

Code: Select all

FalloutNV.esm  -- MAIN
DeadMoney.esm  DLC
HonestHearts.esm DLC
OldWorldBlues.esm DLC
LonesomeRoad.esm DLC
GunRunnersArsenal.esm DLC
FOOK - New Vegas.esm  -- Fallout Overhaul Kit, patches
FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esm   -- FOOK for DLCs
Project Nevada - Core.esm  -- PN's core module
WARZONES - Misanthropy Pure.esm  -- Warzones, the random faction fights
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm  -- underground world beneath New Vegas
Clean-Deluxe FNV.esm  -- clean up gaps and such in the world, also improves load speed
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp  -- this one is optional, and always load AFTER core
oHUD.esm -- OneHUD , a HUD improvement
WMVM.esm -- Weapons Mod vending machine
Lings.esm -- Ling's Coiffure
War Never Changes.esm -- a mission mod
---- following are all ESPs
DarNifiedUINV.esp  -- UI font improvement
CASM.esp  -- auto save
BIS - Brumbek's Inventory Sorting.esp  -- sorts inventory by adding prefixes to most items
BIS - Dead Money.esp  -- modules for DLCs
BIS - Honest Hearts.esp
BIS - Old World Blues.esp
BIS - Lonesome Road.esp
BIS - Gun Runners Arsenal.esp
BIS - More Cactus Water Recipes.esp  -- a bit more creativity for survival recipes
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp  -- required, helps config mods in the game
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp  -- major bug fixes for almost everything
New Vegas Error Corrections Reduce CTD - DLC + GRA.esp  -- reduce CTD, NVEC comes in multiple editions, this one is the "medium" patch
EVE FNV.esp -- EVE enhances energy weapons
markers.esp  -- adds fast travel markers inside New Vegas itself, like embassy, and so on
Clean-Deluxe FNV Merge - AWOP.esp  - Clean-Deluxe is also a patch, eliminates stuff that can't be seen or touched, includes AWOP fixes too
Clean-Deluxe - WARZONES.esp -- same, but for Warzones
FOOK - New Vegas.esp  - FOOK's own bug fixes
FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esp -- ditto
MMUE-CP-EVE.esp -- Mission Mojave with EVE compatibility patch
MojaveExtended20.esp  -- next 5 are the radio station mod, now with 100 songs
MojaveExtended40.esp
MojaveExtended60.esp
MojaveExtended80.esp
MojaveExtended100.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp  -- modifies weapon mod menu so you can see which mods you have for which weapon and lets you add/remove mods
dD-Reduced Dismember Force - EVE.esp  -- dD is a set of tweaks. This one doesn't make the bodies fly 10 ft in the air with a pistol hit
dD-Smaller Wounds - EVE.esp -- and make the body wounds smaller instead of huge holes and such
MMUE-CP-PNCore.esp  -- Mission Mojave compatibility patch with Project Nevada
FlashlightNVSE.esp -- Flashlight mod, requires New Vegas Script Extender
MMUE-CP-FOOK.esp -- Mission Mojave compatibility patch with FOOK
WMVM-DM.esp -- Weapons Mod Vending Machine patch for DLC
WMVM-GRA.esp -- ditto
WMVM-OWB.esp -- ditto
NVWillow.esp -- the Willow Companion Mod
AmmoCollectingFPSstyle.esp -- just run over the ammo to collect it instead of actively hit "get"
LingsPrettyThings.esp -- Ling's look patch
FOOK - Lings.esp -- FOOK's compat patch with Ling's
War Never Changes.esp -- mission / campaign mod

Total active plugins: 55
Total plugins: 73
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I really want a character creation mod that lets me have good looking textures and models. I thought Ling's would give me that. It says it has like 150 presets to choose from but in the creation process I see none of them. The charcters are still the ugly stock ones. It's loaded in the mod list and should be working.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I'm pretty sure you have to use GECK (the editor) to load specific Ling configs.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Daehawk wrote:Dont think ill fool with it unless I find so many mods that it is required.

Is there a scopes mod out there that lets me do what Project Nevada does with it's scopes? Allow me to use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out? I like some stuff in PN like the scope zoom and the grenades key but dont want all the other stuff it comes with like helmets and such.

EDIT: two of you recommend Poco Bueno graphics but from looking at pics I dont see what they do.
It's worth having the script extender installed a lot of mods use it and its very stable.

You could use NMM and still use BOSS to create an order which is something I did.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

That's what I did. Also used the script extender.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Daehawk wrote:That's what I did. Also used the script extender.
I didn't go to over board on the mods. I do wonder if having all the dlc would help. Do you have the disc or steam version?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Both. Using the Steam one this time.

EDIT: So anyone know why that even with Lings installed I dont have anything but stock options during character creation?

EDIT2: A funny video featuring Stripe the mini elite elder deathclaw. NSFW due to coarse language. I laughed so hard though. The guy sounds like Strong Bad.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Dangit I got that pack working but all the options are for females. i dont want to play a lady. I want to make a cowboy this time. I need a character creation pack that lets me make a cool cowboy guy.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Daehawk wrote:Dangit I got that pack working but all the options are for females. i dont want to play a lady. I want to make a cowboy this time. I need a character creation pack that lets me make a cool cowboy guy.
I think there is a Clint Eastwood man with no name mod out there. Got it but not sure if it's for F3 or FNV
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Reemul wrote:
Daehawk wrote:Dangit I got that pack working but all the options are for females. i dont want to play a lady. I want to make a cowboy this time. I need a character creation pack that lets me make a cool cowboy guy.
I think there is a Clint Eastwood man with no name mod out there. Got it but not sure if it's for F3 or FNV
I came across a Chuck Norris one hahaha. Figured it would be too easy as him :)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive noticed two things since starting to play.

1. I get a random crash. Most times its a crash on zone load like leaving a building. Not all the time but when they happen its 90% on zoning. Sometimes it just crashes.

2. Inside the saloon the walls and some tables are jet black. Not texture at all on them. tried to hit F12 for a pic but it crashed me.

Another hilarious video ...may have a small spoiler in it about the platinum chip. Not sure. Never seen it myself and I still have no idea...but someone is bound to yell SPOILER :)

EDIT: After the reload the walls and stuff were ok.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Daehawk wrote: 1. I get a random crash. Most times its a crash on zone load like leaving a building. Not all the time but when they happen its 90% on zoning. Sometimes it just crashes.
Me too.
I've since discovered that turning v-sync, antialiasing off and setting water multisampling to low has improved it somewhat. All can be found under Options when the out of game load window pops up.
It still crashes but doesn't seem to happen as often.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thanks Ill try those. I seem to recall something about v-sync from back a ways.

Here I was following the tutorial girl like a stalker in the night. I have a modded pipboy light on is why it seems bright around me. The nights are pitch black with another mod Im using so I got a better pip light and a mod that lights the wasteland with street lights and engineers out there. its all so way cool. Having so much fun. Though I think a 10mm pistol that does 46 damage is silly so i dumped it and am using the 9mm and the varmit rifle I get in the tutorial.

Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Also Im so proud of my game that I take lots of pics and Ill be posting a lot of those pics in this thread :)

Here I find myself at night outside Doc's house before a big rainstorm. The other is the bar in town.

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

RE: the crashes

I remember the base game being unplayable for about a month - constant CTDs. It was eventually fixed and wasn't a problem for me to play 30+ hours with minimal frustration. However, Old World Blues is insane with the number of crashes. Insane. Usually during a transition or fast travel, so if you're playing through definitely save early and often. It seems to be a known issue and 12+ months past the release date I'm guessing it's not going to be fixed. It's unfortunate as Old World Blues is probably the most robust DLC pack I've ever played. I think I'm at ~15 hours now and coming up on the end. The story is great and there's actually multiple references to The Venture Bros (don't want to spoil anything) which came as a surprise. Excellent writing and dialogue as well. I'm guessing the other F:NV DLC isn't going to even come close.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Is there a breakdown on what level to do each dlc on?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Before starting Old World Blues I was advised it was for 15+; I started it at level 30 (maxed out from a save file just before original game ending) and I'm repeated getting my clock cleaned (I think I'm level 34 or 35 now). I don't know about the other DLC areas but this one strongly favors energy weapons. You also need a ton of bottle caps to pay for repairs, which apparently you can get from another DLC pack. I just rolled into this one with a few thousand and it's been a struggle to keep everything operational. I don't know how it would have scaled if I was only level 15, but I found the base game combat to be mostly easy as a long-range rifle / short range pistol character. For the most part, that strategy just doesn't work. Having higher levels in Science, Speech and Sneak are definitely helpful.

I don't think there are recommended requirements for the other packs, but I could be wrong.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Old World Blues: Level 15+

Honest Hearts: 10-20

Dead Money: Level 20+

Lonesome Road: Level 25+

However, general advice is that they should be played in release order:

Dead Money
Honest Hearts
Old World Blues
Lonesome Road

When it comes right down to it, though, it's really only important that you do Lonesome Road last, as it contains references to the events of the others as if they had already happened.

It's also important to note that the end of the main quest is the end of the game. Finish all the DLC before you finish the main quest.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I guess that makes sense (playing them in release order). I just went to the closest quest marker on my map. :D
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Dead Money by the end is extremely frustrating as you end up hunting for keys, avoiding gas, hunting chips to trade for ammo, and avoiding those **** speakers, some of which can be... armored.

Clean-Deluxe may help solve some of the crash issues. Another thing that may help is some of the alternate EXEs, like the 4GB Exe (allows FNV to use all 4 GB of RAM)
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Blackhawk wrote:Old World Blues: Level 15+

Honest Hearts: 10-20

Dead Money: Level 20+

Lonesome Road: Level 25+

However, general advice is that they should be played in release order:

Dead Money
Honest Hearts
Old World Blues
Lonesome Road

When it comes right down to it, though, it's really only important that you do Lonesome Road last, as it contains references to the events of the others as if they had already happened.

It's also important to note that the end of the main quest is the end of the game. Finish all the DLC before you finish the main quest.
Thanks very much, as i'm only level 5 no rush to get to it then
Buatha

Post by Buatha »

Kasey Chang wrote:Dead Money by the end is extremely frustrating as you end up hunting for keys, avoiding gas, hunting chips to trade for ammo, and avoiding those **** speakers, some of which can be... armored.
Word. While the story is quite good now that I've had some reveals inside the casino, I'm so ready for it to be over. I know I probably wasted a Skill on Light Step, but I was so damn tired of having to crawl through the place due to the number of traps laying around in the darkness.

So, without revealing anything, should I just blow all of my Sierra Madre chips near the end? I don't see myself carrying half of this junk out of there since I assume I'm going to get all of my good stuff back when I leave this accursed place.

FYI, I think I hit Dead Money at Level 10 and didn't have too much of a problem with the baddies, although I wasn't really expecting to have to go melee.
"Some people say never...I just say no"
Stuie

Post by Stuie »

Buatha wrote:So, without revealing anything, should I just blow all of my Sierra Madre chips near the end? I don't see myself carrying half of this junk out of there since I assume I'm going to get all of my good stuff back when I leave this accursed place.
Dead Money is the one where you enter through a sort of bunker, right?

Don't feel like you "need" to blow through the chips. I can be less vague if you want. :)
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Buatha wrote: So, without revealing anything, should I just blow all of my Sierra Madre chips near the end? I don't see myself carrying half of this junk out of there since I assume I'm going to get all of my good stuff back when I leave this accursed place.
Well, the Auto (i.e. the BAR) is unique weapon that's not available anywhere else.
Spoiler:
The skill about making chips still works outside of Sierra madre, and there's a converter in the bunker if you really really need some SM stuff.
NOTE: there's a mod that moves the SM casino to the NV Strip... can be interesting.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Will that 4g exe work with NMM and the FOSE? I know to make a backup of the stuff it copies over but still.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im havign some problem with indoor textures. I get solid black walls and tables and such. A lot of times after I see this Ill crash shortly after. Im not sure if it's a texture mod or the indoor lighting mod. I hate to keep messing with it so much.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote:Will that 4g exe work with NMM and the FOSE? I know to make a backup of the stuff it copies over but still.
I believe that if you have 4GB , the script extender executable detects it and uses it automatically, but you'd want to double check.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well I disabled the indoor lighting mod and that fixed my black texture problem inside.

Im still randomly crashing. I can be outside, inside, quicksaving, or standing still. If I simply walk away and leave myself standing still it will crash in under an hour.

I wish it would either work or not work. It would be easier to diagnose.

EDIT: Im losing a crap ton of karma looting items from Powder Ganger stashes and boxes. WTH.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I'd say dump the sky textures, if you have anything loaded like that.

And load CASM, the auto-save mod. So you don't lose too much progress.

You can make up a lot of karma later by killing the Fiends and any other raider you see. In fact, it's such an easy Karma farm some mods turned it off. :D
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

They're a faction, and you can ally yourself with them (my last character did - goodbye, Bitter Springs.) As such, some of their containers are considered 'owned'. I had the same problem with the Legion.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Oh ok i understand now. I was thinking I should be able to just loot them.

I do use sky textures but ive found I dont seem to crash..or not much (been playing straight 2 hours) with that 4 gig exe you told m,e about. Thank toy.

I also am already using CASM. :)

I have 2 questions....

1. Im using the inv sorter and some items in my inv like certain alcoholic drinks and such have a + mar kbeside them. Are they used for something or is it safe to sell them?

2. I received a Pipboy note telling me about gain points with Willow. Although I do have her installed I have NOT found her yet. Could my mod be bugged? Im not even sure where I find her.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Whoops. ran into Willow just after posting that above. I think one of the mods I added is making this waaay too easy. I can fight 4 guys and barely get hurt. Everytime I loot a guy I get like 20 items..always a gun and 20-30 ammo and tons of other items like stims and such. Boxes have a bunch in them too. I think Im going to have to toughen this game up somehow. Im already skipping taking any traits that boost my exp or lvl'n.

Now I need to find how to access my follower's menu.

EDIT: No crashes in over 4 or 5 hours. Having so much fun. Still disappointed in how easy it is. Im finding too much loot, stuff can barely hurt me(though 3 giant radskorps killed me), and It only takes me 2 hits to kill raiders and such. The giant radskorps took me about 25 bullets each though :)

I may be forced to download a mod to toughen this up or remove something. Im at Mohave Outpost right now. Something I noticed is I gave Willow 85 9mm ammo bullets and she is a BAD shot. She fires and fires and fires. I was thinking Id need to switch her to a single shot shotgun to save ammo but when I opened her pack to see how many she had left she still had 85! Do they not use ammo? If not Ill just give her 1 bullet.

EDIT2: Ok Im on NORMAL difficulty. Would setting it on hard fix it or would I just die die die?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Welp I added some type of town building mod in there and I found the brahmin named Bess but no idea how to use her and I cant recall the mod. its fun looking through my mods trying to find it :P

Also I think I made the girls too top heavy. kinda disjointing to see a normal girl, loot her, and have these water mellons flop out. :)