World of Tanks

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: World of Tanks

Post by Daehawk »

I love that show..Ill watch it.

Well its not about the game but it's still cool..what Ive seen so far... Inside the Milky Way National Geographic Documentary
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
KDH

Post by KDH »

As some of you may know .. version 8.10 is on the test server and is due out for public consumption soon

in layman's terms ..

* a buncha Japanese light and medium tanks have been added ..
Spoiler:
Added Japanese Tech Tree:

Renault Otsu, tier I Light Tank. Credited to all registered players, with 100% trained crew and Garage slot
Type 95 Ha-Go, tier II Light Tank
Type 98 Ke-Ni, tier III Light Tank
Type 5 Ke-Ho, tier IV Light Tank
Chi-Ni, tier II Medium Tank
Type 97 Chi-Ha, tier III Medium Tank
Type 1 Chi-He, tier IV Medium Tank
Type 3 Chi-NU, tier V Medium Tank
Type 4 Chi-To, tier VI Medium Tank
Type 5 Chi-Ri, tier VII Medium Tank
STA-1, tier VIII Medium tank
Type 61 tier IX Medium Tank
STB-1, tier X Medium Tank
* two top tier Russian tanks:
Spoiler:
Added top-tier USSR Medium Tanks:

Object 430 Variant II, tier IX
Object 430, tier X
* Gameplay Changes\Map fixes .. (including: ability for shells to go thru small objects: fences, columns etc)
Spoiler:
* Reworked and/or fixed several gameplay moments on 'Karelia,' 'Mines,' 'El-Halluf,' 'Airfield' and 'Steppes' maps

* 'Airfield,' 'Komarin,' 'Live-Oaks,' 'Siegfried line,' 'Sand River,' 'Serene Coast,' 'Swamp,' 'Tundra' maps added to Team Battle mode

* Added possibility for AP and APCR shells to go through "small" objects: fences, benches, columns, etc. With object penetration, the final armor penetration parameter of the shell will be decreased and the object destroyed

* Removed crediting of Battle Hero achievements, Epic Achievements, Commemorative Achievements, several medals and titles of Honour: 'Survivor,' 'Kamikaze,' 'Invincible,' 'Raider,' 'Bombardier,' 'Reaper,' 'Sharpshooter' from Tank Company battles
* Graphics & User Interface (including motion blur) (selectable in 'settings')
Spoiler:
For "Improved" graphics setting:
Reworked lighting on all maps: reset density, colors, brightness, and changed locations of light sources. Significantly increased texture accuracy
Fully re-worked fog
Added dynamic shadows from clouds
Added possibility to select one full-screen filter from predefined list -- filters vary by density, colors, and brightness settings
Reworked "bloom" effect
Added light ray effects and lenses on the sun
Added motion blur effect for movement
Significantly improved Battle Missions UI
Added information about current specials and discounts to the client
Improved and fixed small issues in 'Statistics' tab
Significantly improved and added several fixes to Team Battle UI
Added 'Save last replay' option, which stores replays of only the last battle and removes the previous one
In after-battle statistics, Credit and XP received for 'Honorable Resistance' is listed separate from regular XP and Credits received for the battle
Experience is now converted to Free XP according to the vehicle list order
Returned 'Last time player played a battle' to the 'Statistics' tab
Increased the draw distance preset for different settings: 'Low' settings will now have same preset as 'Very High' settings, while 'Minimal' reserve preset id similar to 'High' settings
Created a smoother zooming of camera per mouse scrolling in 'arcade' view
* Changes to Vehicle Characteristics
Spoiler:
Fixed the shape of T69 and T54E1 turrets
Fixed the armor of 'IS-3' turret for WZ-111 model 1-4 tank
Fixed the model of frontal armour 'nose' of Lorraine 40t. tank
Fixed earlier drowning of German Rhm.-Borsig Waffenträger TD
Changed the longitude of 12.8cm Rhm.-Borsig Waffenträger. TD gun
Added welds and 'window' for reticle in Waffenträger auf E 100 hatch
Improved suspension quality for all tanks on IS and KV series
Fixed Object 140 turret armoring
Increased speed of Maus turret traverse by 2 degrees
Because of historical reasons, changed the characteristics of Lowe tank: top armoured plate thickness increased by 20mm, weight decreased by 2.5 tons, increased ammo storage to 40 rounds, increased gun inclination and declination angles.
Fixed small incorrect points of damage and visual models of Conqueror and Panzerjäger I vehicles
Fixed the longitude of E-50 guns, which was incorrect since the gun mantles rework
Changed the color tint for Chinese Premium tanks: Type 59, T-34-3, 112, Type 64
* Other Bugfixes and Changes
Spoiler:
Fixed the placement of Pz.Kpfw V/IV emblems on the turret
Fixed rare cases of user settings on server not saving
Fixed performance drop at display of tank destruction message
Fixed voice chat turning off during leaving of the battle
Fixed the logic of the frag counter in the top part of the screen
Fixed rare issue when a round could fly through a tank without damaging it
Fixed display of tank outline while aiming near a destroyed tank
Fixed UI lagging caused by display of numerous UI elements simultaneously
Fixed uncontrolled turning of the camera when entering SPG mode while player's vehicle is hit
Fixed 'Average XP per battle' display in tank crew's personnel files
Fixed message of radio operator skill incompatibility in tooltip of IS-7 loader
Fixed incorrect cases of disconnecting player from server by 'spam_protection'
Fixed rare Crash-to-Desktop during map loading
Fixed rare issue with losing control of tank during battle
Fixed cases of loading current and not selected type of ammunition during reload of cassette.
Fixed rare issue with the lost statistics for some vehicles, which happened after 8.9 release
Fixed catapulting of small tanks during entering small size objects on 'Tundra' map
Fixed client freezing during start of battle recording while also minimizing/maximizing game window
Fixed pressed button freeze during simultaneous switching between windowed and fullscreen modes
Fixed fuzzy display of some achievements in 'Statistics' tab
Fixed small issues with 'Exterior' camouflage and emblem setting windows
Fixed different reaction when pressing Esc without focusing on a specific dialogue window

* new map : Japanese 'Hidden Village' at the foot of Mt Fuji .. (1000x1000m large; spring setting with village in the valley)

* If you're interested in a look at any of this ... Jingles has you covered
Spoiler:
Start - Intro and patch notes
07:54 - Japanese tech tree
29:07 - Tier 6 Medium Tank gameplay and new map
35:46 - Tier 4 Medium Tank gameplay
39:58 - Tier 8 Medium Tank gameplay
47:43 - Tier 10 Medium Tank gameplay
54:04 - Summary

this list is in the YouTube comments

* iff'n y'all wanna play on the test server .. 810-public-test ..
Spoiler:
Please keep in mind certain features of the public test server:

Payments are not accepted on the public test server
All test accounts will receive a one-time credit of:
100,000,000 (XP)
100,000,000 (silver credits)
20,000 (gold)
Progress won't be transferred to the main NA server
Credits and experience rates will not be increased for this test

We will have start dates for the Public Test server in the near future, so watch this space! In the meantime, you can review the list of changes that will be seen in the Public Test for this version:

:liar: this post is larger than the update
Ain't nobody got time for that
KDH

Post by KDH »

On Dec 6 .. Wargaming.net announced a further combining of "world-of" account resources by including the FREE XP along with GOLD and Premium time

Image .. Unified Free XP for Tanks and Planes
Tankers!

On December 10, 2013, Free Experience (XP) in World of Tanks and World of Warplanes becomes unified. This creates a further unified Wargaming.net account, along with the combined Premium account time and Gold. Thanks to this enhancement, tank commanders, pilots, and in the future, sailors will receive an easy-to-use, common service for the whole Wargaming war trilogy.
Spoiler:
Further Information

The Free Experience quantities in World of Tanks and World of Warplanes have been summed. For example, a player with 2,500 Free XP on a World of Tanks account and 3,000 Free XP on a World of Warplanes account would now, under unification, have 5,500 Free XP available to use in either game.

The introduction of common Free XP opens new possibilities for all fans of Wargaming products!
What is Free Experience, and what is it used for?

Free XP is earned during battles in World of Tanks and World of Warplanes, but it’s not connected to any specific tank or plane, and thus can be used to research any vehicle or module in either game.

After the battle, 5% of the XP received by player on either a ground vehicle or plane is automatically converted to Free XP. At the same time, all XP received on Elite or Premium vehicles can be converted into Free XP via spending Gold.

Having a certain amount of Free Experience allows a player to research and improve vehicles in World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, and, in the future, World of Warships. Thanks to Free XP, any battle machine can be equipped with top modules in an instant, thus allowing players to enjoy the best characteristics possible from the start of the first battle in that vehicle.
:tjg:
In order to implement the changes there will be a period of server downtime for both games.
Downtime Begins: 01:00 PST (04:00 EST) December 9, 2013
Downtime Ends: 04:00 PST (07:00 EST) December 9, 2013
morlac

Post by morlac »

I have been playing Warthunder a ton lately. how is World of Warplanes?
KDH

Post by KDH »

I only played WoWP for a couple training missions .. Training missions that paid me 75 gold. I found it difficult to hit an enemy plane.. the control scheme is the same as WT (same as fleelancer), but the true aiming cursor trails behind the cursor you think is the aiming cursor (which I found odd) ... so, I already felt that WT was adding some "resistance" to maintaining a targeted aim, WoWP seems to go one step further with the faux aiming reticle .. I will give it a few more attempts at some point

just my opinion, my twitch skills be lackin' ... I'm sure others are at peace with it
KDH

Post by KDH »

:whistle: On the off chance some of you are interested:

as you probably know .. WoT features Missions .. small challenges to encourage tankers to play the game; coming up we have:

from Friday Dec. 20 @ 3AM --> Monday (no time given) ... DOUBLE XP for all wins and all loses

:dance: (***and the crowd goes wild***)

Image ... hetzers gonna hetz
KDH

Post by KDH »

:pop: ... for your edification

Image .... Graphics Evolution .. (2.5 minutes) .. a brief look at the change in visuals over the career of Wot (including the upcoming 8.10 lighting change)

Image ... Explaining Mechanics: Matchmaker (8 min) .. or .. why am I trying to kill a t1 heavy with a t1 cunningham
KDH

Post by KDH »

Image :csmile: Update 8.10 is On the Way!
on December 23, we'll be launching World of Tanks Update 8.10, and with it, a big chunk of content in the form of a new nation: Japan! And, while Japanese tanks are highly anticipated, 8.10 also adds a wealth of other new bits of content and gameplay
KDH

Post by KDH »

introducing .. TANK INSPECTOR .. by SmellyRiver software ( :? yes)

Image .. <--- Jingles video (10 min)

this program contains an Ammo Rack full of info on armor thickness, speeds, comparisons .. etc

tankinspector.sinaapp.com/download

While in Beta, the program was invite only .. it is now at public release and FREE to use by all .. it requires an acct setup

:coffee:
Spoiler:
Dec 25, 2013

FAQ for public release

Tank Inspector had a successful launch yesterday. Till now, over 10,000 people are using Tank Inspector, while even more people all over the world are joining in them. Many appreciations to all of you.

With feedbacks we collected in the past day, we have summed up several questions which is very frequently asked (guess we should name them VFAQ?). If you have doubt about the registration and connection, or encountered issues while launching or using, please read on.

First, it is totally unnecessary to use your WoT account to sign in Tank Inspector. Actually, we would suggest NOT TO USE YOUR WOT ACCOUNT AS YOUR TANK INSPECTOR ACCOUNT AT ALL. Please use another password, and preferably another email address. Although it’s technically safe if you use your WoT account, we do not want Tank Inspector to bring any potential security risk to you.

If you by accident used your WoT account, be ease. Your password is stored in an irreversible encrypted form both locally and on our server. That is, even if this encrypted password is leaked, it is still practically impossible to retrieve your plain (real) password from it, thus no one could use it to access your WoT account. However, it is still recommended to use another password and email other than the one your WoT is using.

As there are so many people start using Tank Inspector during these days, our mail server is heavily overcrowded. So it is very likely you will not receive the activation mail. We will resend the mail as soon as we could.

If you encountered a crash while launching Tank Inspector (it might appears that nothing happens if you run Tank Inspector), it is very likely to be caused by a known .NET Framework issue. The Known Issues page described how to solve this problem.

Another crash might happen while loading data from your game client, if it is located in a folder which is not able to get a write access without an administrator privilege (e.g. in C:\Program Files(x86)). The Known Issues page described a workaround to get rid of this problem.

If no model is shown for any tanks and your computer has a switchable graphics feature (such as nVidia Optimus), use the integrated video card to run Tank Inspector might be a workaround. We will investigate and provide a true solution for this problem. If no such feature for your computer and you are still not able to see the models, updating your video driver often helps.

If you have any other questions or issues encountered, please refer to the FAQ page and the Known Issues page, there might be an answer. If you cannot find a solution, you can always write to smellyriver.tankinspector@gmail.com, we will be happy if we can help.

Again, thanks for your support!

P.S. You can use your Tank Inspector account to login and post comments. Please pick a nickname (and set as your display name) in your profile by clicking your name at the top-right corner.
The Preacher
Forum Moderator

Post by The Preacher »

KDH, I'm still playing. Name is Zinjifrah if you want to add me.
You do not take from this universe. It grants you what it will.
KDH

Post by KDH »

I play on the NA west server: kickingbird59
KDH

Post by KDH »

QuickybabyTV has some closed-beta footage of

finally a game made for smokers .. since they are used to looking thru the cloud of smoke they just exhaled

the game looks promising .. my only concern is the abundance of fire and smoke effects (for my own framerate circumstances)

:mrgreen: While this is technically a WAR THUNDER video .. (*jedi hand-wave*) .. this is not the complaint you are looking for
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I'd like the smoke exhaust effects from that Wheels or whatever tech demo .....the one with the trucks in the sim mud.
KDH

Post by KDH »

yes, the spintires.com tech demo

there is a program called WOT-Tweaker that mostly removes smoke and spark effects for improving frame-rate (one guy claimed a 50% improvement)

but due to the language barrier, and install guidance, and instructions like: You must re-instate original files before a new patch\update ... I am choosing to pass for now

currently I get about 20 fps due to a video card that was probably 6-12 months old when I got it (from DELL) .. 4 years ago
KDH

Post by KDH »

and another .. this time an Anti-Air Flak tank preview by Quickybaby (10.5m)

:mrgreen: Those Daring Young Men in Their Jaunty Jalopies .... suspensions sure are bouncy
KDH

Post by KDH »

:horse: .. Pay attention, there will be a test afterwards

Image ... The 8.11 Public Test is available now!
Our first public test for version 8.11 has been released, and we invite you to check out the new features and improvements, and help us collect valuable feedback before the official update goes live.

These patch notes are preliminary and do not contain the details of characteristic changes of some tanks. The detailed list of these changes will be provided in the final patch notes during the update 0.8.11 release.
:tools-hammerdrill: How the Public Test Works
Spoiler:
To participate in the test you need to take the following steps:

Install a small launcher update found here
Update World of Tanks via the launcher
If you have already installed the Public Test game client, the launcher will update it to the Public Test 8.11 automatically

Be sure to install the test game launcher in a different folder, rather than the current game client version. Also, close the game client before installing the update.

Please keep in mind certain features of the public test server:

Payments are not accepted on the public test server
All test accounts will receive a one-time credit of:
100,000,000 (XP)
100,000,000 (silver)
20,000 (gold)

Progress won't be transferred to the main NA server
Credits and experience rates will not be increased for this test
:!: New Content
Spoiler:
New map: “Windstorm,” a 1000x1000m European city map during winter
Various game elements were fixed on the following maps: Erlenberg, Redshire, Highway, Northwest
"Port" map completely removed
New map variations:
Fixed a bug with entering inside of the building near the cap area in Himmelsdorf (Encounter mode)
Performance improved on Fisherman’s Bay, Serene Coast, Severogorsk and Ensk
Excessive brightness of some effects fixed on several maps
New game mode: “Confrontation," where teams are balanced by nations (USSR vs. Germany; USA vs France, etc.)

“Ruinberg on Fire” – Rainy version of Ruinberg blanketed in fire
“Winter Himmelsdorf” – Winter-themed version of Himmelsdorf
:!: Changes to Vehicle Characteristics
Spoiler:
Reworked the model of T-54
Increased the price of Object 140
Rebalanced parameters of the following tank destroyers: AMX 50 Foch (155), Object 268, T110E3, T110E4, WT E-100.

Changes to tier X tank destroyers:
AMX 50 Foch (155):

Engine Maybach HL 295 F (1200 h.p.) replaced with Saurer (1000 h.p.)
Damage caused by AP-T T368 gun 155mm AC SA58 changed from 850 to 750
Damage caused by HEAT T267 gun 155mm AC SA58 changed from 850 to 750
Penetration value of the HEAT T267 shells (155mm AC SA58 gun) changed from 408mm to 395mm
Changed vehicle's armor

WT E-100:

Traverse speed of the WT E-100 suspension changed from 30 to 26
Turret traverse dispersion of the 12,8 cm Kanone L/61 increased by 212%
Turret traverse dispersion of 15 cm Pak L/38 gun increased by 75%
Turret traverse speed of WT E-100 changed from 24 deg/sec to 22 deg/sec

T110E3:

Reloading speed of the 155mm AT Gun T7E2 gun changed from 18.3 sec to 17 sec.
Damage caused by the AP M111E1 (155mm AT Gun T7E2) changed from 850 to 750
Damage caused by the APCR M112E1 (155mm AT Gun T7E2) changed from 850 to 750

T110E4:

Reload speed of 155mm AT Gun T7E2 changed from 21 sec. to 19.5 sec.
Damage caused by AP M111E1 (155mm AT Gun T7E2) changed from 850 to 750
Damage caused by APCR M112E1 (155mm AT Gun T7E2) changed from 850 to 750

Object 268:

Traverse speed of the Object 268 changed from 30 to 28
Dispersion during movement increased by 11%
Dispersion caused by suspension traverse increased by 11%
Max reverse speed changed from 18 km/h to 15 km/h
Reloading speed of 152mm М64 gun changed from 17 sec. to 16.5 sec.
Damage caused by UBK551M (152mm M64 gun) changed from 850 to 750
Penetration value of shells UBK551M (152mm M64 gun) changed from 450mm to 395mm
Damage caused by UBR551M (152 мм М64 gun) changed from 850 to 750

Others

Fixed the armor of Foch 155, Foch and AMX AC mle. 48
Improved inaccuracies in visual models of Chaffee, KV-1S, Lorraine 40 t.
Fixed size bugs of Type 59, T-54, WZ-120, Nashorn
Increased profitability of the following tanks: Lowe, T34, 112, T-34-3, FCM50t, M6A2E1, Sexton I, S-51, SU-14-1, M12, Lorraine 155 mle. 50, VK 28.01, VK 20.01 (D), VK 30.02 (D), G.W. Panther
Details of the suspension damage model were standardized for: T29, T32, T34, M37, M41, Chaffee, Pershing, T92, Hellcat, M4A2E4, M46 Patton, M103, T57, T110E5, T26E4, T110E4, T110E3, M44, M53/M55, T69, M60
Fixed M44 quick sinking
Balance weight of artillery reduced by 10%
:!: Gameplay Changes
Spoiler:
Group crew operations were added: retraining of the entire crew (for the new tank) 1-click returning of the crew to a tank
Battle chat disable option added (only text messages – commands and pings will remain)
Chat history view option is available in battles
"Tank is on fire" icon added, similar to the "sinking" icon
Activating fire extinguisher may now be done with left-clicking the "fire" icon (lower-left corner of the screen)
Option to disable postmortem kill cams
Improvements added to the mission/discount window
Added option to right-click on a tank in Garage and choose to go straight to its statistics
You may go to a tank in the Garage from its research window by clicking the new icon
In postmortem mode, the camera now cycles to your Platoon members (all other tanks after that)
Reload time counter added to the “reloading” radial menu and hotkey message
New markers and indicators added to the aim reticule settings
Fixed bug with mastery badges “disappearing”
Chat/voice chat in Team Battles were fixed
Fixed some bugs in the Team battle interface
FPS drop was fixed, caused by zoom-in on certain tanks (Japanese)
Fixed the way visual camouflage works: Premium camouflage is now stored and may be re-mounted
Fixed an issue with displaying of the tanks as well as their modules and equipment, that can’t be bought in the In-game shop
Motion blur effect performance was optimized
Modifiers that influence crewman skill level are now displayed (personal window)
Reworked graphics of ricochets
Reworked insignia of tankers (all nations)
Replay saving issue (save failing or with errors) was fixed
Speed indicator for backward movement was fixed
Changed field of view settings for different screen resolutions and aspect ratios
Added opportunity for tanks to retain use of the type of camouflage used in the last battle
Fixed some issues with voice-over in game interface
Changed the order of switching from ally to ally in postmortem mode

Achievements

A few “Hero of the Battle” medals were added: “High Caliber” (damage infliction) and “Tanker Sniper” (inflict damage at 300+ meter distance)
“Sniper” medals were moved to the “special” category, where a player may see how many Sniper medals they have on relevant vehicles. Sniper medals are not achievable anymore.
Several new awards added especially for Team Battles ("Genius for War," "Armored Fist," "Tactical Breakthrough," "King of the Hill," "Wolf Among Sheep")
Fixed some inaccuracies in achievement descriptions
Mastery badge achievement is displayed (even if you already have one for that vehicle) when requirements are re-fulfilled
"Raisenai Heroes" medal reworked
DD*

Post by DD* »

Faster reload on my T110E4 = yay! Lowered damage on my T110E4 = boo!
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
KDH

Post by KDH »

:horse: .. Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more.....

Image ... tommorow AM

as such ...
The World of Tanks servers, along with World of Tanks login services, will be offline during a period of brief maintenance. The good news is that we are rolling out the 8.11 update! Please also note that the Support site, Premium Shop and payments will be unavailable as well.

Downtime Begins: Thursday, February 13, 01:15 PST (04:15 EST)

Downtime Ends: Thursday, February 13, 07:15 PST (10:15 EST)
:!: New Battle Type: "Confrontation"
Spoiler:
Confrontation is an exciting new mode that will be available in random battles, on top of the "Encounter" and "Assault" battle types. The main characteristic of Confrontation is that it will introduce battles between teams representing specific nations -- this means that you'll be teamed up with tankers of the same vehicle nation, bringing a "World War"-like experience closer to everyone!

Confrontation mode key features:

* The probability of playing “Confrontation” is the same as for "Encounter" or "Assault"
* The game maps available in "Confrontation" are the same as in any standard battle
* The new battle type will be open for all vehicle tiers
* Teams in “Confrontation” are built by nations. Battles cannot be fought by two teams built from vehicles of the same nation. For example, a French vehicle team can battle against the British, Americans, Germans or Soviets, but not against another team of French vehicles
* The Chinese and Japanese nations are excluded from this battle type. The reason is that these nations do not have all vehicle types available
* The new battle type can be played in Platoons, provided that all Platoon members are driving vehicles of the same nation (excluding China and Japan)
* This battle type can be manually disabled in the game settings menu, just like the “Assault” and “Encounter” battle types
:!: New Map: "Windstorm"
Spoiler:
This 1000x1000m map is set in a European landscape during winter, and to a large degree consists of urban areas with narrow streets and indestructible buildings.

:!: New Group Crew Operations
Spoiler:

The new update introduces a handy new feature that allows you to manage your crews more effectively:

Retrain Crew - This option will allow you to retrain all the crew members to operate a particular vehicle at once. Please note that this action will affect only those tankers who are occupying their respective slots in the vehicle itself
Return Crew to Vehicle - With this command, you can restore all of the vehicle’s designated crew members with just one click. It is especially handy when you are using Premium vehicles to train your crews
Send Crew to Barracks - Clicking this option will send every single crew member to the barracks, provided that you have enough free bunks

:!: Reworked Team Damage/Kill System
Spoiler:
General provisions:

* The team damage and team kill control system has become slightly more strict, while at the same time more factors are taken into account: penalty points for particular kind of violations are not accumulated as quickly (i.e. the punishment has been mitigated)
* The chance of account suspension increases with each consequent damaging of ally vehicles in one battle
* Ramming allied tanks is also treated as foul play and an illegal action
* The accumulated penalty points can be forgiven when destroying the enemy vehicles in battles where the ally team won
* The term of first suspension has been reduced to one hour

Improved the system of compensation to the subject of the offense:

* The repairs to vehicles of the damaged party are compensated
* Apart from the repairs cost, the offender additionally pays the affected party 10% from the repair’s total amount
* The offender pays the affected party not only with credits received for the battle, but also with credits available on the account

Serious infractions:

* If enemy base capture has been interrupted by an ally (either by ramming or by shooting)
* If modules on the ally tank have been damaged (with help of ramming or hitting with a shell)
* If the ally tank has been destroyed

Less serious infractions (TK/TD rating will not increase as much):

* If an ally vehicle has been damaged accidentally while the player was aiming at the enemy tank
* If an ally vehicle has been accidentally damaged with splash from a high-explosive shell
* If after firing apart from damaging the enemy, the ally tank is damaged as well.

This is in addition to the MAP alterations and game changes mentioned previously

:tjg:
Last edited by KDH on Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I wonder how this looks these days with all graphics up?
KDH

Post by KDH »

It looks the same .. for me .. because I turned down, or off, the "art deco" hollywood lighting stuff.

they've never been too over the top with smoke\fire
DD*

Post by DD* »

BTW, if anyone wants to find me, I'm Bill_Lumbergh on WoT...
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hi Bill....thought your name was Jayne for some reason...must be the hat.
KDH

Post by KDH »

:horse: .... Image <--- (28min)

the mighty Jingles gives us a look at upcoming changes for 9.0 on the test server. Mostly a look at the new HIGH-DEF textures and models (only a couple now) .. and ... Historical Battles! A new battle mode with unbalanced teams and equipment to duplicate actual conditions
Main Features of the Public Test

Historical Battles
Full 9.0 functionality, including turrets blowing off upon ammo rack explosion
3 tanks remodeled in HD (T-54, Tiger I and M4 Sherman)
150 tanks remade for PBS (Physically Based Shading)
Maps remade for PBS (Physically Based Shading)
Public Test Access Launcher

Patch Notes (preliminary)
Spoiler:
:!: Added new German vehicles:
Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. A, Tier III Medium Tank
Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. D, Tier IV Medium Tank
StuG III Ausf. B, Tier IV Tank Destroyer

:!: Reworked and improved the following vehicles:
Т-54
Pz.Kpfw. VI Tiger I
M4 Sherman

:!: (CHANGES & FIXES)

Added new “Historical Battle” mode
Fixed the suspension issues for improved vehicles
* Reworked and modified the following maps: “Malinovka”, “Serene Coast”, “Steppes”, “Redshire”, "Severogorsk" and "Pearl River"
* Removed “Confrontation” Random Battle mode
Added new “Graphics” settings window
Added the option to reduce the game area resolution while keeping the Graphical user interface (GUI) resolution unchanged (“Dynamic resolution” option in graphics settings)
Added the FOV configuration option
Added the option for setting “Color filter” intensity
Added the option for setting screen refresh rate
* Added new animation for turrets flying off tanks due to an ammo-rack explosion
Added full screen effect in Sniper mode
Added a language indicator to the login screen.
Added new awards in Team Battles: “Fighting Reconnaissance”, “God of War”, “Will-to-Win Spirit”, “Crucial Shot”, and “For Tactical Operations”
Reworked the “Vehicles” tab in the “Service Record” window
Reworked the “Statistics” tab in the “Service Record” window
Adjusted the requirements for the “Steel Wall” award
Added improvements to certain characteristics of the British Light Mk. VIC and American T7 Combat Car tanks
Replaced the after-battle statistics “Potential damage” score with “Damage blocked by armor”
Fixed “Voice chat” malfunctions
Fixed the visual depiction of the “Dispersion indicator” during battle playback
Fixed minor bugs during the battle playback
Fixed the issue with artillery shells landing out of the dispersion circle in Artillery mode
Fixed the issue with artillery shells exploding in midair
Fixed the issue with the game client hanging up on exit
Improved the game client performance on some PC configurations
Optimized quality of decals and motion blur effect
Fixed the performance issue after enabling track traces
Fixed the display of shadows on flora at medium and high settings
Fixed the garage notifications and invitation windows
* Removed the table displaying tiers of vehicles in queue
Added a “Ammunition is empty” message when pressing F8 after running out of shells
Altered the Auto-Aim point selection system
Reworked the auto-detect system for graphics settings
Optimized the quality of long lists of vehicles in the “Missions” window
Re-mastered the music soundtrack
Increased the limit of complaints per day from 5 to 10
Altered the complaint titles
Moved the “Will-to-Win Spirit” award to “Honorary Ranks”
Fixed minor bugs in the “Missions” window
Fixed the audio interruptions during automatic gun fire
Fixed the disappearing and flickering track traces
Fixed the occasional issue with shells hitting vehicles without sound effects
* Fixed the uncontrolled relocation of destroyed vehicles
Fixed the loading icon being displayed every minute while in the Garage
Fixed the issue with the “In Depot” icon displaying after removing permanent Camouflage that was purchased prior to the release of 8.11
Fixed the issue with the amount of experience displaying in tooltips in respect to researched vehicle or modules
In the “Vehicles” statistics tab, the display of statistics by awards obtained in Team Battles
Fixed the issue with the occasional delay in awarding or not awarding the “Abrams' Medal”
Fixed the win percentage rounding
Fixed the issue with connecting to training room voice chat upon client re-launch
Fixed the quality issue with the tracer outside of the shell trajectory
Added the dynamic target (Gunner's) viewpoint to target points subject to visibility checks from (Commander's above-turret and Gunner's on-gun) viewpoints
Fixed the issue with after-battle saving of distance from the camera to the player's vehicle
Removed the effect of High-Explosive shells exploding when hitting a crew member located outside of a vehicle (for open-type artillery)
Fixed the performance issue with the Tank Company filter by Commander's name

(*Decal is a special texture that can be applied over a base texture. For example, bullet or shell holes, logos, etc)

:!: Altered the characteristics of the following vehicles:

T7 Combat Car:

Increased the maximum forward and reverse speed from 38.6 to 56 km/h, and from 16 to 20 km/h, respectively
Altered the ammunition capacity from 1,100 to 1,350 shells
12.7mm MG HB M2, 12.7mm MG HB M2 A and 12.7mm T23 heavy machine guns:
Increased the rate of fire per shell container from 450 to 550 r/m
Increased the gun range from 350 to 395 m
Increased penetration from 22 to 27 mm

Light Mk. VIC:

Increased the gun range from 350 to 395 mm
Increased the penetration from 25 to 27 mm
KDH

Post by KDH »

:horse: Quickybaby shows the map changes coming in 9.0

Pearl-River (0:00) <--- pathways thru the center mtn
Severogorsk (3:35) <--- flattened east-side hill
easter egg (7:36) <--- sturmtiger
Serene Coast (8:10) <--- east and west edges altered mildly
Malinovka (10:33) <--- elevation changes to hill + lake edges
KDH

Post by KDH »

April 1st and Wargamming-dot-net

think .. minecraft artillery tank .. in your garage for a limited time
KDH

Post by KDH »

I remember reading, a while back, that Wargaming-dot-net bought Chris Taylor's studio Gas-Powered-Games ... does anybody know any more about that? .. projects? .. do they just wash the tanks returned from rental?
On Jan 14, 2013, Gas Powered Games announced the Kickstarter project "Wildman", declared to be "An 'Evolutionary' Action RPG"[13] Four days later on January 18, GPG had to lay off roughly 40 employees, with the ultimate fate of the company riding on the Kickstarter campaign.[14] On Feb 11, 2013, Gas Powered Games canceled their Kickstarter project "Wildman", four days before it was due to finish, announcing that they wanted to "focus [their] attention on other ways to keep Gas Powered Games running" [15] Three days later, Wargaming.net announced that they were in talks to buy Gas Powered Games.

Image <--- wikipedia
KDH

Post by KDH »

:horse:

On the off chance you have sold a premium vehicle by accident (TANK, not lamborghini) .. or .. one of the free GIFT tanks they bequeathed

the newly beta'd Premium Vehicle Recovery Service just might help you get it back

I have never had a Premi .. but I have sold the two rat-a-tat-tat\pew-pew tanks they gave out with previous patches ... of which, only the T7-COMBAT CAR is listed for retrieval

you'll need a parking-slot
KDH

Post by KDH »

:horse: .. yeah, um .. me again

wargaming-dot-net is pushing a Image <--- Change Your Password Event

yes
In order to improve security due to recent events** and to maintain account integrity for all of our players, Wargaming is supplying a one-time installment of 300 gold to each player that successfully updates their account password.

While we do support the regular updating of your account password, your account will only receive a one-time Gold deposit.

Sign into your account via the World of Tanks portal; once there, you'll be able to update your password using the Account Management tool.

Keep your vehicles secure by maintaining safe account practices. Your new password should consist of capital letters, lowercase letters, and numbers. The longer your password is, the better protected your account becomes.
As of April 7, we were informed of a serious security issue called "Heartbleed" in the OpenSSL encryption software, which is widely used today. This problem has the potential to affect anyone who has any kind of online account – not purely those related to Wargaming. This vulnerability could allow intruders to access private encrypted data that is transferred online.

Our team has promptly reacted to the threat and we may confidently state that as of now none of our customers may be affected within Wargaming realms.

The safety of our players' credentials is one of the major priorities of Wargaming as a company. We will continue our dedication to strengthening account security as a precautionary measure.

Wargaming moved to fix the issue on all of our servers as soon as the nature of the bug was revealed but the likelihood of a security compromise is still possible due to earlier vulnerability before the changes were made.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I cant remember is 300 gold is a crap amount or is actually handy.
KDH

Post by KDH »

300 g will get you a parking space when NOT on sale .. two, if it is

I'm not sure what it'll get you in terms of re-skilling, training, camo, XP buybacks ... etc
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

Thanks for the heads-up, KDH. I wasn't aware of this year's Change Your Password Event. Now I have an unexpected 300 gold.
The education of a man is never completed until he dies. --Robert E. Lee
KDH

Post by KDH »

I forgot to mention ... it's Hail to the King! weekend ...(uh-huh-huh)

Get ready to bust out your blue suede shoes for this weekend's Hail to the King event! In honor of the King and his military service, we've included several discounts on Premium and regular vehicles alike! To go along with these bonuses, we've added several missions and Premium bundles; we've got something for everybody!

Start Date: Friday, April 18, 04:00 PDT (07:00 EDT)

End Date: Monday, April 21, 04:00 PDT (07:00 EDT)

I can't wait for ...

Enlarge Image <--- Michael Dukakis weekend

Enlarge Image <--- Jane Fonda weekend
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

9.0 is here

The new HD graphical update is interesting.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

its crashing for almost everyone. I laughed and said it must be their computer then after 1 min in a map it dumped me to desktop. I tried to rejoin and before the map loaded it dumped me again. Unplayable crap.
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

Daehawk wrote:its crashing for almost everyone. I laughed and said it must be their computer then after 1 min in a map it dumped me to desktop. I tried to rejoin and before the map loaded it dumped me again. Unplayable crap.
27 pages of posts agree.
The education of a man is never completed until he dies. --Robert E. Lee
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The only way i have got it to run without crashing is to change graphics from improved or whatever to standard. looks like crap and my view distance is like 30' for a tank....totally unplayable.
DD*

Post by DD* »

Yep, I've given up on WoT for now. I was not crashing but had horrible ping swings and FPS drops. Made game essentially unplayable. I was just about to re-up Premium too, glad I held off!

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its been fine for me since the hot fix Friday. Ive had 2 crashes but that is rare considering how much Im playing. I put my graphics back to improved and maxed everything out.

Ive also added 3 mods...A sound mod for the engine which ROCKS, a sound mod for the turret which is way cool, and a sound mod for guns which isn't that great..just loud. I did add a mod for smoke and particles but cant see a difference.
KDH

Post by KDH »

Image <--- 9.1 Public Test :horse:
All World of Tanks players are eligible to take part in the Public Test as long as they registered before March 1, 2014. You don’t need to be an experienced tester to join in, you just need to be willing to try out as many of the new features as you can and send us your feedback!
New Content:
Spoiler:
New Content

New Historical Battles: Bryansk Front (1942, USSR) and the Siege of Tobruk (1942, North Africa)
New map: Kharkov
For supertesters, the Japanese Type 97 Te-Ke tier II light tank was added

`·.¸¸.·´´``··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´``··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´``··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´``··._.·

Maps

Various improvements and corrections to Arctic Region, Tundra, Komarin, Windstorm, and Northwest
Reduced the frequency of Ruinberg on Fire showing up

Vehicle Characteristics

Reduced the upper limit of the range of battles for light tanks tiers IV-VII
Aligned (mainly increased) the after-fire visibility factor for all tank destroyers (except Premium) to be more in line with the factor for the same guns on other types of vehicles
Damage of the UBR-354KA shell fired by 76mm L-10, L-10U, L-10S, and KT-28 guns changed from 105 to 110 (a bug with Premium shell dealing 5 points more damage than ordinary shells fixed)

VK 28.01

Crossing capacity for VK 28.01 suspension on solid terrain increased by 20%
Crossing capacity for VK 28.01 suspension on medium terrain increased by 18%
Crossing capacity for VK 28.01 suspension on soft terrain increased by 10%
Crossing capacity for VK 28.01 verstarkteketten suspension on solid terrain increased by 22%
Crossing capacity for VK 28.01 verstarkteketten suspension on medium terrain increased by 20%
Crossing capacity for VK 28.01 verstarkteketten suspension on soft terrain increased by 11%
Maximum forward speed changed from 60 km/h to 68 km/h

M4 Sherman

Aiming time for 105mm M4 gun changed from 2.3 sec. to 2.5 sec.
Reload time for 105mm M4 gun changed from 8 sec. to 9 sec.

A-20

Two upper battle levels removed

MT-25

Crossing capacity for MT-25 suspension on solid terrain increased by 12%
Crossing capacity for MT-25 suspension on medium terrain increased by 11%
Crossing capacity for MT-25 suspension on soft terrain increased by 6%
Crossing capacity for MT-25 reinforced suspension on solid terrain increased 14%
Crossing capacity for MT-25 reinforced suspension on medium terrain increased by 12%
Crossing capacity for MT-25 reinforced suspension on soft terrain increased by 6%
V-16 engine (600 h.p.) replaced with V-16M engine (700 h.p.)

Gameplay

Removed the two previous Historical Battles (Kursk and Battle of the Bulge)
Five new awards introduced for SPGs:
"Rock Solid," "For Counter-Battery Fire," "Gore’s Medal," "Cold-Blooded," and "Stark’s Medal"
New awards added in Team Battles:
"Fire and Steel," "Heavy Fire," "Pyromaniac," "Promising Fighter," "No Man's Land"
Clarified conditions for "Billotte's Medal," "Bruno's Medal," and "Tarczay's Medal"
The "Operation Nostalgia" award moved from the Commemorative Tokens category to the Special category
Conditions for the Armored Fist award changed: it is now granted even if the player’s vehicle was destroyed
Fixed the conditions for the "Tactical Genius" achievement that caused a failure for it to be credited when fulfilled

Graphics

Fixed minor visual problems with textures and patterns in a large number of vehicles
Fixed other minor mistakes in the models of the Valentine II and Pz. Kpfw 38(t)
Also fixed minor visual problems with textures and patterns for certain objects on maps
Effects of exhaust gases for all vehicles reworked
Emblem location on certain vehicles fixed
Vehicle explosion effects changed
Added marks of excellence on guns
Functionality of blown-off turret “slipping” from tank hull added
Collision of a flown-off tank turret with surface now depends on the surface type
Dynamic FoV option added
Certain settings in the Graphics tab rearranged
Start time for display of tracer effects changed
Fixed issue when in certain cases ricochet effect was displayed on penetrating armor
Vehicles' burning effects optimized for better performance
Fixed “shaking” of tracks when switching between HD vehicles in the Garage
Fixed certain bugs and defects in the Graphics settings window
Fixed bug that caused equipment mounted on a vehicle to be displayed in random order in battles
Fixed the bug that caused equipment mounted on a vehicle to be displayed in random order in battles
Fixed some issues with camera movement in the arcade mode

Sound

The "reach" of sound effects has increased from 300m to 600m
Reworked tracer sounds
Reworked the sound of destroyed vehicles, according to player feedback
FMOD sound library updated
Gunfire sounds completely reworked for testing purposes
Sound effect of gun’s resonance when firing added (when firing is observed from the side of the gun)
Gunfire sound muting added in Sniper mode (from the turret)
Different tonal characteristics added to gunfire sounds, depending on the side from which the firing is heard (front or back of the gun, etc.)
Sounds of turret traverse and after-firing shell cartridge ejection added in Sniper mode or at maximum zoom of the camera to the turret
For testing purposes, engine and suspension sound patterns for the U.S. M18 Hellcat and M36 Jackson tank destroyers completely reworked

Interface

In the Summary tab of the Achievements window, the clan icon and the date when the player joined the clan are now displayed
Corrections and improvements affecting interface in Team Battles implemented
Added a display of the time period in Historical Battles
Dialog windows for confirming changes in Graphics settings changed
In Tank Company battles, it is no longer possible to start a battle without a Commander
Display order of parameters in the Summary tab of the Achievements window changed
The Gametrix JetSeat settings section moved from the General tab to a new settings tab
License agreement is now displayed after login, before loading the Garage
Online/offline status of a friend in the chat will now be displayed correctly regardless of which server the friend is using
Maximum number of characters in Garage chat messages increased to 512

Other Fixes and Changes

Crew members can be trained for skills and perks even if the vehicle is damaged
Quality of basic Emblems for nations improved
Certain game client crashes and hang-ups fixed
Fixed issue with excessive load on video card when the game client is minimized
Certain bugs during battle playback fixed
Certain bugs in the missions interface fixed
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

So the A-20 may actually be worth using again.