Dawn of War III (Prerelease)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Lordnine

Re: Dawn of War III (Prerelease)

Post by Lordnine »

Today's patch is pretty huge from a game-play perspective. All line troops got a 30% buff to HP. That alone is making me want to give it another shot.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Tried this over the weekend with Steam F2P weekend. Not having played it before, can't comment on the patch, but it felt sort of like a slightly accelerated version of DOW1 as far as pace to me.

The elites are tough, but seemed sort of like relic units (just now you can get 3 instead of 1, and do not need the relic point).

Don't get me wrong, it's not DOW1. But it was closer than I expected it to be based on the comments I've read about the game. Not getting it today because I am holding my money for the upcoming seasonal sales and maybe Dominions 5. If it goes on sale for $10 (or less) at some point, I expect I'll get it. Without this trial, don't think I'd have spent $5 before.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

I played a few rounds. I think if they had released the game in its current state it would have been received fine. The problem is that it took them too long to get the game in a solid state and the only people still playing have been playing since launch. It’s going to be very hard for newcomers to get into it now. Even with quite a few games under my belt near launch, I couldn’t stand up to people in the current meta. Long searching times + lack of proper match maker = a hard game to recommend.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

I should qualify my play time - I only played single player. Not a big MP person. Did first 2 missions in campaign and 3-4 solo skirmish missions (where I suck so bad I put my AI teammates on normal, the enemy on casual and still have a challenge winning - though the last game I played I did get quite a bit better).