If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Re: Torchlight 2, pre- and post-release discussion & impress

Post by Zaxxon »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
Carpet_pissr wrote:At least they throw up a window of what is currently equipped, compared to the item being viewed...I just wish they would take that a step further.
They do. When you hover any item, it compares to what you have equipped. I think it's handy. I use it in dungeon all of time as a baseline to figure out what to keep and what to send back. If stuff looks obviously worse, it gets dumped on the pet. If I can't tell, I keep it in my inventory until I go back to town and then I compare it against what's in my stash and what I'm wearing with swap outs.
Got it, that's why I wrote "at least they throw up a window of what is currently equipped, compared to the item being viewed". But I want them to take that...helpfulness in comparing items, a step further, and give some feedback about value.
I think the issue here is that almost all items are pretty worthless in terms of sell value. They range from what, a few gold to a few hundred gold? I can't fathom making any decision on which items to keep based on sell value. What matters is the various enchantments and bonuses, and that's just so wide-ranging and subjective that I don't think it'd be possible to come up with some arbitrary single value that you can simply compare to what's equipped and make a snap decision. They give you the complete stats of what you're viewing vs what's equipped, side by side. What more can they reasonably do?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Zaxxon wrote:What more can they reasonably do?
Show the impact to DPS, HP and armor like that other game does?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

coopasonic wrote:
Zaxxon wrote:What more can they reasonably do?
Show the impact to DPS, HP and armor like that other game does?
I suppose. That's still insufficient information to make a decision, though. Makes me 'meh' on complicating the interface for a dubious benefit.
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

Re: item comparisons
I basically approach this like LM does, dumping everything that's not useful into the pet inventory, and swapping out the obvious upgrades. I usually have some backpack space given over to things to equip within a level or two and things I've just taken off to see if I miss them too much.

There are a lot of modifiers, but I base my major decisions about what to use on a fairly small subset of them (speed, regen, % damage, etc.), except when a stat boost from an item is the only way to keep something else equipped. Non-core modifiers, for me, are either noise or a bonus.
Orgull wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
Orgull wrote:(facepalm) You can do areas twice? They respawn? Hurwah? How, when? How did I not know this?!? Why is this not stated anywhere for crying out loud you'd think they'd make it a "loading" tip or something. How does it work? (feeling very foolish right now for missing a giant obvious game mechanic)
Play LAN or Internet. Put a tick in the box that says "Reroll Area" I do this because I remember that's how we did it in Diablo II.
Thanks! this would never have occurred to me. This would have really helped with the brick wall I ran into in Act 3 with my last character, after painting myself into a "no points in Vitality" corner. :)
You don't even have to do that. Dungeons reset without ever going online, though I'm not quite sure of what triggers it in that case. I just know that if I come back to a dungeon I've finished (after going to the next area? after reloading?), it will be repopulated. Not sure if main storyline bosses respawn.
wot?

To be fair, adolescent power fantasy tripe is way easier to write than absurd existential horror, and every community has got to start somewhere... right?

Unless one loses a precious thing, he will never know its true value. A little light finally scratches the darkness; it lets the exhausted one face his shattered dream and realize his path cannot be walked. Can man live happily without embracing his wounded heart?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Zaxxon wrote:
Carpet_pissr wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
Carpet_pissr wrote:At least they throw up a window of what is currently equipped, compared to the item being viewed...I just wish they would take that a step further.
They do. When you hover any item, it compares to what you have equipped. I think it's handy. I use it in dungeon all of time as a baseline to figure out what to keep and what to send back. If stuff looks obviously worse, it gets dumped on the pet. If I can't tell, I keep it in my inventory until I go back to town and then I compare it against what's in my stash and what I'm wearing with swap outs.
Got it, that's why I wrote "at least they throw up a window of what is currently equipped, compared to the item being viewed". But I want them to take that...helpfulness in comparing items, a step further, and give some feedback about value.
I think the issue here is that almost all items are pretty worthless in terms of sell value. They range from what, a few gold to a few hundred gold? I can't fathom making any decision on which items to keep based on sell value. What matters is the various enchantments and bonuses, and that's just so wide-ranging and subjective that I don't think it'd be possible to come up with some arbitrary single value that you can simply compare to what's equipped and make a snap decision. They give you the complete stats of what you're viewing vs what's equipped, side by side. What more can they reasonably do?
Unless I have completely misunderstood the value system throughout the days I have spent playing TL1(certainly possible), they do assign a value based on worth of item. Whether its valuable to your particular current char. build is irrelevant.

A base Cap of Forty Winks is worth less (and is indicated by sell price) than a Cap of Forty Winks with 58 bonuses and 32 sockets, no?

That s obvious and clear cut though. My minor beef is when you have 5 different "Hammers of Knocking" in your inventory, and they all have 18 different mods/buffs etc.

I'm just saying why not show us the selling price in our inventory so we can quickly see that for instance, 3 of those 5 hammers are worth half what the other two are, and less than the one you have equipped. It's just an additional step that would let me more quickly sort through and evaluate the mass quantity of loot I collect.

Sent from mobile
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Carpet_pissr wrote:That s obvious and clear cut though. My minor beef is when you have 5 different "Hammers of Knocking" in your inventory, and they all have 18 different mods/buffs etc.

I'm just saying why not show us the selling price in our inventory so we can quickly see that for instance, 3 of those 5 hammers are worth half what the other two are, and less than the one you have equipped. It's just an additional step that would let me more quickly sort through and evaluate the mass quantity of loot I collect.
I guess. I generally just nuke everything not magical and just about all the greens after level 10 or so. That weeds out something like 90% of the items I pick up, and I miss very few items that I would have wanted to keep. Once you've gained a few levels, you really shouldn't be wearing anything that's not unique or a set piece, so why evaluate those items? Just sell 'em. Saves a ton of time. In my case, seeing the sell price would add zero value--cheaper items are getting sold regardless of value, and the good stuff is getting evaluated regardless of sell value.

It seems like the problem could be that I'm a lot more efficient in my loot-evaluation process than some of you (which is not meant to be a knock, just an observation on different playstyle).
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Zaxxon wrote:It seems like the problem could be that I'm a lot more efficient in my loot-evaluation process than some of you (which is not meant to be a knock, just an observation on different playstyle).
I'm guessing that's it, but I did forget about the color coding, which does help tremendously. I just want to be spoon fed. :D
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I found a site with the color coding listed but it seems in game I find items that are better than their color rating. Like a green better than a blue.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

They're randomly generated. Blues can have more modifiers, but that doesn't mean they're inherently better.
wot?

To be fair, adolescent power fantasy tripe is way easier to write than absurd existential horror, and every community has got to start somewhere... right?

Unless one loses a precious thing, he will never know its true value. A little light finally scratches the darkness; it lets the exhausted one face his shattered dream and realize his path cannot be walked. Can man live happily without embracing his wounded heart?
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Daehawk wrote:I found a site with the color coding listed but it seems in game I find items that are better than their color rating. Like a green better than a blue.
Items also have levels, so for example a level 30 green will be better than a level 10 purple. But that's mostly moot because by the time you're finding level 30 greens, you're also finding level 30 purples.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Finished the game at level 53. 93,066 steps taken!

Enlarge Image

I really, really enjoyed it. But I think I'll take a nice long break before I even think about NG+.

Now, on to Borderlands! Or back to Guild Wars! And I've been meaning to pick up To the Moon...
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

LordMortis wrote:
I find the phase portals to all annoy me. They are designed for you know what to do before you get in without knowing what to do before you get in and the level of the dungeon is always the same as your character, so the danger level is always crazy high. I kill the phase beast but never enter.
You're missing out. The first two portals were puzzles, but the ones since then have been fairly straightforward. One, you had to protect the crystals, and for every one you do, you get a treasure chest. Another was a straightforward mini dungeon (with the beached crewmen mobs). Gobs of treasure to be had.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

BTW, if you want, you can turn off highlighting of non-magical equipment so you don't pick up the "junk".
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Did not know that. I will find that setting now.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Wait...how does the Shared Stash work? My engineer has been stocking it with gems & stuff for other classes, but my Ember Mage can't access it...Oh, is it possibly separated by difficulty level?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Nope. They can use it at any time. Its the stash on the left...the one on the right is the private stash.

I just realized....this game has crates! Just like all FPS games Im now smashing crates in my RPG :)

And as Gomer said "surprise surprise surprise"! ...I've made my engineer my main over what I thought the outlander would be. Luvs me some squishin and fire fire fire. And the robots are a BIG plus in my book.

Any reason to save the gold items? Like further into the game Ill find out if I had 5 to trade I could get a super item for them? I find stuff that are gold and say kill 10 soNso and it upgrades...to what?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Either earlier today or late yesterday I looted a nice axe with 4 slots that I could not use yet. I'm lvl 17 now or so and I can use it. I slottered her up and ended up with a weapon 1 1/2 times better than my best one.

Stats:
Enlarge Image

Look:
Enlarge Image
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =100731810" target="_blank

Turning off certain item highlights.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Bakhtosh wrote:Wait...how does the Shared Stash work? My engineer has been stocking it with gems & stuff for other classes, but my Ember Mage can't access it...Oh, is it possibly separated by difficulty level?
Yes. AFAIK, they are separated by difficulty level just like they were in the first Torchlight.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Bakhtosh wrote:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =100731810

Turning off certain item highlights.
And thanks for that link. Holy crap is that a time saver!!!!
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

theohall wrote:
Bakhtosh wrote:Wait...how does the Shared Stash work? My engineer has been stocking it with gems & stuff for other classes, but my Ember Mage can't access it...Oh, is it possibly separated by difficulty level?
Yes. AFAIK, they are separated by difficulty level just like they were in the first Torchlight.
My one character in Normal is able to share a stash with all the Veterans. Dunno if there is separation for hardcore and not.

re: Phase Portals
Although I have been not too bright at figuring out some of the puzzle ones, they're still just another source of loot and xp, for me. But since LM is playing hardcore, and you may not be able to retreat, I think caution in skipping them is advisable, since you have no way of knowing if it's an easy one or a tough one until you've committed.

I totally failed one the other evening, and that was with my Normal character.
Spoiler:
It was what is referred to on the internet as the "tar challenge". My experience with it was not too different from what others have written, so look it up if you haven't seen this one and want a more descriptive spoiler.
Incidentally, if you die and opt to spawn back in town, you might still get another chance at a portal. The one in the spoiler tag didn't offer a second chance, but I also had a total screwup and perished with the one Bakhtosh described with protecting the crystals, and figured I'd just bail since I wasn't getting any treasure at that point anyway, but when I returned, the portal was still up and I started the challenge over from the beginning.
wot?

theohall

Post by theohall »

silverjon wrote:
theohall wrote:
My one character in Normal is able to share a stash with all the Veterans. Dunno if there is separation for hardcore and not.

re: Phase Portals
Although I have been not too bright at figuring out some of the puzzle ones, they're still just another source of loot and xp, for me. But since LM is playing hardcore, and you may not be able to retreat, I think caution in skipping them is advisable, since you have no way of knowing if it's an easy one or a tough one until you've committed.

I totally failed one the other evening, and that was with my Normal character.
Spoiler:
It was what is referred to on the internet as the "tar challenge". My experience with it was not too different from what others have written, so look it up if you haven't seen this one and want a more descriptive spoiler.
Incidentally, if you die and opt to spawn back in town, you might still get another chance at a portal. The one in the spoiler tag didn't offer a second chance, but I also had a total screwup and perished with the one Bakhtosh described with protecting the crystals, and figured I'd just bail since I wasn't getting any treasure at that point anyway, but when I returned, the portal was still up and I started the challenge over from the beginning.
You are probably right about hardcore vs non-hardcore stashes - checked on my torchlight characters and that was true.

Definitely right about the portals thing. Got to do the "protect the crystals" thing twice and only missed out on protecting one of them. Still using wands snagged from that trip 7 levels later.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

1 monster dropped all of this and more

Enlarge Image
Freddybear

Post by Freddybear »

I finally managed to put together a few complete armor sets.
Turns out that there are more possible set pieces than are required for the complete set bonuses.

For example, Clovenhoof calls for four pieces but I've got five different pieces. Same for Runemaster. Those are pretty common low-level sets.
Wildwood requires seven pieces, I have eight: chest, gloves, boots, shoulders, helm, pants, amulet and ring.

I have partial sets of Ironlord, Dwarfking, Janissary, Zeraphi Alchemy, Ezrohir and Badlands.

I'm going to have to create some mule characters because my stash is getting crowded. Somebody hurry up with a Vault utility, please!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Freddybear wrote:For example, Clovenhoof calls for four pieces but I've got five different pieces. Same for Runemaster. Those are pretty common low-level sets.
Both sets also have rings which can account for two pieces. I like the rings because they tend to be better than their level counterparts.

I'm unimpressed with the bonuses the sets tend to give so I use them by convenience rather than collecting them. I'm probably going to start using Regent pieces soon because they are noticeable increase in armor above other stuff being collecting around this level. The bonuses will just be a bonus.

I stash set pieces mainly with the hope that one day I will be throwing them into the transmuter and will luck into something interesting.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well I went to Lynchwood....maybe it's because I didn't have a quest there...but nothing happened. I killed a town full of bad guys but I never did find that Sheriff or her deputy that was on the PA system. I cleaned out the main town and both side areas...nothing. I hate to log out now because next time it will be full again. but nothing here so I see no point in staying. What did I miss?

Sorry meant that for the Borderlands 2 thread.
Last edited by Daehawk on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Daehawk wrote:Well I went to Lynchwood....maybe it's because I didn't have a quest there...but nothing happened. I killed a town full of bad guys but I never did find that Sheriff or her deputy that was on the PA system. I cleaned out the main town and both side areas...nothing. I hate to log out now because next time it will be full again. but nothing here so I see no point in staying. What did I miss?
There is a quest board in the train station in lynchwood. I think I got a quest from Sanctuary to go to lynchwood. What level were you? I think the quests are mid 20s.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Tao

Post by Tao »

coopasonic wrote:
Daehawk wrote:Well I went to Lynchwood....maybe it's because I didn't have a quest there...but nothing happened. I killed a town full of bad guys but I never did find that Sheriff or her deputy that was on the PA system. I cleaned out the main town and both side areas...nothing. I hate to log out now because next time it will be full again. but nothing here so I see no point in staying. What did I miss?
There is a quest board in the train station in lynchwood. I think I got a quest from Sanctuary to go to lynchwood. What level were you? I think the quests are mid 20s.
Hey stop getting Bordrelands in my Torchlight! :D
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

That's what happens when two great games come out at the same time, dammit.

I haven't gotten too far in TL2 as I am focusing on BL2 trying to finish up before XCOM comes out. My Berserker(?) is 18th level or so and I am really enjoying the game when I get to play it. I am playing on normal and it is pretty easy, but I prefer to be an overpowered monster to using actual strategy. BL2 challenges me enough.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I just got to the 2nd area of the world. When I heard about a Sphinx I got excited..I love a good riddle...but so far ive been disappointed with it.
Last edited by Daehawk on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

RPGFan Ran Away with TL2.

It's been a long time since I felt anything like this, John. Heck, if I'm honest, I'm not sure I've ever felt like this. I've played games like her – nothing that ever got super serious (although that hussy World of Warcraft took a lot of my money before I finally left her). But a lot of youthful dalliances, you know? For a while there, I thought maybe that was the way it would always be, a game here, a game there, sometimes with things getting hot and heavy for awhile, sometimes with things just being pleasant. Sometimes with games I could just call once in awhile and enjoy a day or a night out. You know, playing the field. But nothing serious.

What I'm trying to say, John, is that I've run away with Torchlight 2.

But I think the thing I like best about her is that she just lets me be who I want to be. She doesn't feel like she has to control me at all. I can pick any of four really interesting classes, and all four of those classes have three different skill trees. When I gain a level, she doesn't tell me where I have to put my skill points or tell me what new abilities I have. It seems like the kids today want to be told what to do. I guess they are afraid of failure or maybe making the wrong decision. But isn't that what the best relationships are about? The kind where you are constantly learning something new about each other, just when you think you've learned everything there is to know? Isn't that sense of adventure, that possibility that "yes, I might make a mistake but here goes anyway," what makes life worth living? Isn't that what love has to be? Taking risks? Making new discoveries?

And besides, if I think I've made a mistake, she gives me the option to undo my last 3 skill points. Even the best relationships need a mulligan once in awhile.

Let me give you an example of the way she lets me really be whomever I want, John. One day I wanted to play a wizard that could hit things really hard. Just for fun. I knew it wasn't something she was really super into – she likes her wizards to cast spells. But she didn't stop me, John. She let me try it. She even offered to make the game easier for me before I started playing just to see if I wanted to make it possible to survive with a wizard that hit things with a stick.

That's what she does, John. She lets me be me, while still giving me surprises around every turn. Just when I thought our relationship might be ending, just when I thought there was nothing left for us to do after I beat the final boss, she offered me yet another choice. I could start our relationship over again, but with all of the levels I had gained intact via New Game+, or I could explore tons of new maps with her via the Mapworks. We can keep growing. Together.

silverjon

Post by silverjon »

LordMortis wrote:
Freddybear wrote:For example, Clovenhoof calls for four pieces but I've got five different pieces. Same for Runemaster. Those are pretty common low-level sets.
Both sets also have rings which can account for two pieces. I like the rings because they tend to be better than their level counterparts.
At least some sets, including these two, appear to have the possibility of spawning as any gear slot with random modifiers. Acquire them for a while and you can get some good pieces and mix and match them with whatever else without being locked into having to wear boots, gloves, and helm or whatever. I'm keeping one or two best pieces of each and transmuting the rest. Runemaster, Ghastly, and Clovenhoof aren't bad low-level rares with a bit of set bonus. Ghastly seems to be the same all the time with the possibility of sockets being the only variant.
wot?

Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

LordMortis wrote:
Bad Demographic wrote:
LordMortis wrote:I like the spider but I like slowing enemies down. Is there a range attack transform?

Played more tonight. Still afraid to leave the frozen steppes. I'm wondering if I should up my cold armor if that will help. I can take 500 damage in the blink of an eye on one of 16-18 dungeons. Which means two blinks can see me dead.
What kind of character are you playing?
Engineer, Elite, Hardcore. Cannon Specialist. I have a base cannon doing 127 points, two +14 fire chips, +9 phyical, +2 Mana per hit, +55 ice of five seconds. I have a bunch of equipment that beefs up my attack. I'm something like 250-450 physical and 100 magic. Most of my skills points are concentrated into cannon attack. I think I have 4 points in armor. Most my equipment buffs my attack or my magic find. My armor is at like 120 and most of my elemental armor is around 50.

And I'm wrong about where I'm at, I'm after the steppes, I'm in the The adjective for something cold Hills. Most of the areas are 16-18. The only dungeon level regular critter that give me problems is the cold mage snow beasty thing and it only gives me problems if he is behind a mass of guys. Beyond that, the biggest of the charger wookilar looking things can hit me for about 1/3 of my HP at a full critical charge but that almost never happens. The problem is I'm terrified of that I won't have retreat room for some of the blue bar special guys and won't have the health to get back or even worse that one of the yellow bar bosses will just kill me in one blow, like happened with my last level 22 guy in the whispering caves. The Boss was right at the beginning. Rather than retreat I took a shot. He took a shot. Killed me with one hit.

I'm still just running around building cash (that I blow on enchantments) and looking for a that one piece of equipment that look like it's going to make a difference. I'll probably get bored of this around level 25 and I'll start going for it again.
Since you're playing on Elite I can see why you're finding it hard. I'm wimpy. I've got two characters on "Normal" (i.e., easy) and one on "veteran".
I pretty much always play a ranged character but tried the tank in Torchlight. Now I like tanks. I DID find that it helps to put a lot of points into the attribute that boosts armor.

My "veteran" character is an engineer. I gave her the spider bots and they are very helpful. You can toss them down and run far enough away to shoot a little - repeat and repeat. Or use them to pare down the buddies the bosses summon so you can run up and hit the boss a little more safely.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

Daehawk wrote:Any reason to save the gold items? Like further into the game Ill find out if I had 5 to trade I could get a super item for them? I find stuff that are gold and say kill 10 soNso and it upgrades...to what?
Look for the transmuter in the base town/camp. He/she/it will convert stuff for you. I posted some "recipes" earlier:
Any Set item x2 --> 1 random set item
Any 4 Unique items --> 1 random unique
Any 3 socketables (like gems) --> 1 high grade socketable --- doesn't necessarily give higher grade for 3 high grade items
3 health potions of one size --> 1 health potion of the next size up (same for mana)
1 unsocketed item + 2 socketables of same or higher level --> adds at least 1 socket to the formerly unsocketed item
And 2 spells --> 1 random spell

As for the upgradable weapons, what they upgrade to seems to vary. I've seen damage increase but also some enhancements. It could be worth the trouble, but no guarantee.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

I don't remember what all I got for upgrading the Mighty Mastiff cannon (kill 25 stormbeorn or something), but it was niiiiiiiiice.
wot?

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I need to start reading the skills better. I plunked points into the gunbot thinking it would stay around like the healerbot but it only lasts 1 min then poofs. So I got my points back out of that. At least it would allow 2 robots at once.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Perhaps I'm playing on too hard a difficulty for my enjoyment. Just killed the boss right before the water guardian. I swore about 5 seconds in, and then again at about 2 minutes. My teeth were gritted the whole time and I was in a permanent state of annoyance.

I beat him in my first attempt, but it was a major chore. One of the least fun boss fights I've had in a long while.

I might have enjoyed it if it had been a little less hectic or shorter. I might try dropping down a difficulty level, or looking for an AoE build for one of the classes and starting over.

I don't mean to only complain, but these are things that stand out, and being pissed off for an entire fight is not good.

I do enjoy the little secret rooms and such in the game. That sort of thing has been seriously missing from main stream games for awhile, feels like.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

silverjon wrote:I don't remember what all I got for upgrading the Mighty Mastiff cannon (kill 25 stormbeorn or something), but it was niiiiiiiiice.
I've got this unique cannon sitting in my stash as well.
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

GreenGoo wrote:
silverjon wrote:I don't remember what all I got for upgrading the Mighty Mastiff cannon (kill 25 stormbeorn or something), but it was niiiiiiiiice.
I've got this unique cannon sitting in my stash as well.
Upgrading it adds multiple modifiers and possibly bumps some others. Like I said, I really don't remember, just that when I looked at it after the 25th kill, I was impressed by how much it had improved, and it wasn't a shabby weapon before that. Plus I've added a full stack of fire enchantments and gemmed it. The other unique cannon I've got stashed waiting to be able to equip might not measure up.

Re: boss fight frustration
I mentioned earlier in the thread that I think the waves of summons are a deliberate design choice for players to be able to build and use charge, but it does get frantic and you can lose control. Crowd control is critical, AoE slow or stun, DoT, and knockback (and knockback does work on bosses).

The game does warn you when you're going to confront a boss, so casting a town portal has eased my frustration with dying. Which it is very possible I will do, possibly a lot. I am currently not very good at not dying in this game. Not good enough to go hardcore, for sure. But I'm getting a good balance between challenge and laying waste to things.
wot?

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im playing on normal and have finished the 2nd area I believe. No deaths yet.