Titan Quest gold...should I.............

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Kasey Chang

Re: Titan Quest gold...should I.............

Post by Kasey Chang »

I got tired playing TQ with just a fighter. On epic it's becoming too much of a "grind".
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Chesspieceface

Post by Chesspieceface »

Kasey Chang wrote:I got tired playing TQ with just a fighter. On epic it's becoming too much of a "grind".
Come play Path of Exile! :ninja:
kind of like a cloud I was up way up in the sky and I was feeling some feelings that I couldn't believe; sometimes I don't believe them myself but I decided I was never coming down
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

silverjon wrote:If I have a shield with the right resistances and add some relics to rings, that might work. I've also got a Protean Armor which has lightning resist, and I did find a new Hallowed helm that can replace my one from Epic, just needs a nice relic.
By swapping items around as intended, I was able to get fire and lightning resistance both maxed or close to, and that was all I needed to do. Spectral Defender shield has nice resistances, making it good to have for bosses, though less good than Ancile for regular adventuring. I'll be keeping it in the stash from now on instead of vaulted.

The Protean Armor was actually better than my Hippocrates Vest overall, which had simply been the best thing found with that character to that point. Hip has great poison resistance, which is nice on my Harb (who has one of her own anyway, and only wears it when necessary), but not needed on my Warden. And while the bonus health and regen was pretty good, a significant upgrade in defense meant not missing it too badly.

And then... I got just past the Babylon Outskirts portal and an Alexander's Cuirass dropped from a bone pile, and now she's just flying through areas (stopped at Great Wall portal for now). And without the deaths of the other night, I probably would have just found more vendor trash. Game loves to give me the best things out of bone piles. Also got an Artemis' Silver Bow from a bone pile in Giza while looking for XP shrines, and I'll be needing that for cheesily sniping the horrible bull. So I'd call that an excellent haul for one session even if none of the nice stuff came from where I'm supposed to find nice stuff.

A notable trick for later bosses is to go back to previous areas to see what kind of shrines are easily accessible from portals. Any monsters around them should be very easily dispatched, and then you've got some extra firepower in reserve for when you really need it. It's not just good for summoning pets and claiming quest XP anymore.

Hit level 64 and have not quite run out of places to put skill points, but am really just making skills that have long been at viable levels better, which is how it should be at this stage. Actually thinking about buying the points back from Batter (all two of them), since I really don't use it anymore, but I'm not hard up for the points either and maybe I'll want to be able to slow something from a hotkey, sometime. Using it as the LMB mouse button attack seems to interfere with the shield procs, which is decidedly uncool, and it burns through a lot of mana. Monster Lure needs to be on the RMB for frequent casting, as I'm using it way more than Study Prey at the moment. Middle has been Shield Charge forever, and will stay that way. Having just the default as a main attack is a bit boring, but at least it works well. (Conquerors, Corsairs, and Templars all get flashier options, boo.)

I've learned that there's a cap of four meleers able to attack a single creature at once. With the Monster Lure, you can see the grid effect as it gets surrounded, and any monsters that are left out run back and forth frantically wanting to attack it but having to wait their turn. Ranged attackers aren't subject to this limit, which is one more reason why a pack of archers can be so devastating. If using Ancestral Warriors, or wolves+whatever, more than four are only good against a single boss if they're dying quickly and you need replacements to step up immediately... but they will spread out to multiple targets if available. Just a neat game mechanics thing I didn't know until recently.
wot?

To be fair, adolescent power fantasy tripe is way easier to write than absurd existential horror, and every community has got to start somewhere... right?

Unless one loses a precious thing, he will never know its true value. A little light finally scratches the darkness; it lets the exhausted one face his shattered dream and realize his path cannot be walked. Can man live happily without embracing his wounded heart?
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

Warden has made it to Rhodes.

Tigermen, Dragonians, and Yerren love the Monster Lure. So do most undead, plant monsters, etc. Those imps though, I don't know what their deal is but getting them to switch attention and stop setting me on fire is tricksy. Crazy that the Deathlancers on Legendary are completely inconsequential for this character, but the stupid little magma sprites are dangerous.

Bandari was pretty much the usual. No special tactics or resistances required.

Didn't bother suiting up anything special for the Dragon Lich either, and only ran into a minor hiccup because of drinking a healing potion when I wanted mana, so my Colossus Form ran out mid-fight. Didn't need it, but it's more fun that way. Got a legendary armor but it wasn't an upgrade (did get an upgrade spear - Fury of the Three Amazons - off a regular arachnos in one of the optional caves).

Switched to the bow for bullfighting. It went slowly since I wasn't going to reskill points into the Marksmanship tree for one fight. The Warden does have several skills that work with a bow as well as a spear, so it's a good option. Beats dying a whole bunch of times. Since I had no intention of getting in range of his attacks, I didn't bother with resistance gear (fire and bleeding, fyi). No problems here except tedium, which I can live with.

As mentioned, the trek to the Telkine/Typhon was mostly not bad. Some of the Gilded Dead casters required a cautious approach due to their Deathchill Aura and Spellbreaker/Spellshock. I had to drink mana potions! And there was one tense fight with an Abyssal Lich that kept hitting me with Plague. Mostly though, I was only catching grief from the imps.

I just bulled in with the Telkine, cast buffs and had at him. Forgot he summons imps, but they weren't so bad while I was a giant. Quick fight. Got relic shards, which I do need, so that's ok.

Up Olympus, no problems. I knew Typhon would also be grindy and tedious but not difficult. Don't let him drop a meteor on your head, don't stab him when he's thorny, and dodge his other attacks as best you can. It's possible I would have had an easier time with him if I'd gone with the bow again, since his attacks are harder to dodge fighting in close, but I stubborned it out. Relic shards again.

I wanted to check out the Secret Passage before quitting. I'm so used to killing everything in there before it really has a chance to fight back, this time through was a revelation - those monsters can hurt me! And if you run away from Morgan-the-mini-hydra, it has horrible breath weapons! Really though, I just needed to be careful. Per usual, I did not bother fighting Toxeus. The novelty sets drop in Legendary as well as in Epic. More relic shards, woot.

Now, can I get her through Chapter 4 without dying , or without dying much?

If I see a Dactyl in Hades Palace, I am probably just going to reload.
wot?

To be fair, adolescent power fantasy tripe is way easier to write than absurd existential horror, and every community has got to start somewhere... right?

Unless one loses a precious thing, he will never know its true value. A little light finally scratches the darkness; it lets the exhausted one face his shattered dream and realize his path cannot be walked. Can man live happily without embracing his wounded heart?
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I still have a free key for this if anybody is reading this and think hey I should try this game. I personally tried about 15 times to get into the game and just could never do it. I'm not going to try again. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

I would love that key if its still available

Sent from me cool phone
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

Legendary Secret Passage really isn't bad as long as I'm careful with my Monster Lures, and the drops can be pretty frickin' sweet. I got Aionios, a shield which maxes out the Warden's resistances when equipped. Ancile is still better for all-purpose use, but Aionios will allow tackling of all bosses with strong elemental attacks without other gear swaps.

Almost got pasted by a lamia hero in Soronis, but managed to shake her long enough to heal and buff up and come back with a vengeance.

Considerably further along, did get pasted by a pale formicid hero in the underworld. Both were fire-enhanced meteor spammers, which (with their accompanying mobs) can easily burn down my ML and me with it. I forget which death that was... still under 70, I think. (I expect my younger characters to do much better.)

Am a bit over halfway to level 66. I pretty much never complete a quest without an XP shrine active and bonus XP gear swaps, which helps a fair bit... as does the running around in previous parts of the game looking for said shrines. (Can also do this while reclaiming a grave.)

No trouble with Kallixenia (poison, including a meteor storm attack) or the Grey Sisters (mostly lightning) or Charon (cold), with proper resistances and buffs. Heroes are way more dangerous than bosses since they can't be predicted. Am sometimes using a Soul Shiver artifact with 50% damage to demons completion bonus instead of Lionheart, because there are a damn lot of demons in Act 4.

Have gotten to the City of Lost Souls portal.
wot?

silverjon

Post by silverjon »

Legendary beatededed. Hit level 66 by the end, not that levels were making a big difference anymore.

With the faithful Monster Lure, very few things gave me any trouble. The Bloated One was a bit hectic and required a lot of running away while swilling potions. I think part of the problem there was that I didn't get a good combat shrine close by, which I usually do for that fight.

The Tower of Judgement was a veritable cakewalk, and Cerberus should always be a pushover for any Hunting character (poison resistance, increased damage to beasts).

Lost two Elysium archers on the way in to Hades Palace, but the final two might have hung in there if I hadn't died to a Dactyl. A couple of them spawned in the palace and although I was able to defeat them without bailing, I wasn't able to do so without dying, and they were much, much scarier than any boss. Stupid annoying things.

Hades himself, I suspect would have one-shotted me if I hadn't had Quick Recovery up, because it looked and sounded like he dropped the big vitality bomb on my head when I ran into his room. Fail to block that and you are definitely dead. Whee. Instead, I soundly trounced him and took all his treasure. The end. Now to do the same with all the other builds... eventually... maybe.
wot?

silverjon

Post by silverjon »

Bone Charmer (hunting+spirit) through Epic and left off at the portal closest to Arachne in Legendary.

Basically following Irma2's guide to the class, a Bone Charmer shines as a point-blank archer, busting out a spear for boss fights.
http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/thre ... wn-Charmer" target="_blank

Mine reached level 58 in the Secret Passage just before entering Legendary, after defeating Hades and completing the Treasury quest. Build is pretty solid but needs a few more points in Take Down and either more into the Lich King base skill or for me to dig up some more +Spirit skills stuff to not rely on finding a shrine to cast a lich that that can cast Spirit Blight. I should probably also pump up strength slightly just to have a better shield on switch.

Looks something like this, though I'm guessing as to exact points on skills neither maxed nor one-pointed:
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Bone" target="_blank Charmer&master1=2&master2=7&sa=21&m1=32-6-0-0-8-0-1-0-1-1-1-0-8-0-1-1-1-0-1-1-0-0&m2=32-0-10-6-1-12-6-0-5-0-6-7-12-0-8-7-1-0-1-12-6-0

It's amusing to stand toe-to-toe with monsters using Onslaught while losing no health, or rather leeching back more than they take away. Undead sometimes set off the health gong mostly because I wasn't trying to be cautious with them. Empusa Soul Carvers likewise because I was carrying a Hallowed helm but only equipped it for the Night Mistress and Hades.

Deaths 15 and 16 came from Siege Striders and 7% fire resistance and oops I'm dead. Lost all the Elysian archers the second time that happened; they were otherwise going strong. No Dactyls spawned, but a Gigantes hero that looked like one from a distance put the fear in me for a minute. It killed my lich, but eh, noble sacrifice in the name of distraction and all that. Hades decided to drop his big bomb attack on the vitality-resistant lich's head, so that ended up being a pretty easy fight, even though I didn't opt to switch to spear.

A fair number of purple items dropped in the run through late Epic, but all relatively common items, mostly melee weapons. The real bit of luck came from Nessus's chest after moving on, which popped out both a Polaris and an Apollo's Will. The former is a great amulet for a caster, and the latter is basically the ultimate ring for an archer, definitely better than Savant's of the Osprey or whatever I did have on.

A couple of observations based on doing a few Secret Passage runs with this character, mostly pertaining to my approach to Nate and Arthur/Toxeus. Generic Hunting tactics work on pretty much everything down there, but the petless Warden has more refined situational control, so the Bone Charmer did get schooled the first time venturing in. As long as you can lower Nate's resistances, he's very easy to kill, but you want to do it quickly, else he gets punchy and will hurt you a lot. Clipping Nate with Deathchill Aura will start his aggro timer. Pet attacks can also set off the Nate threat. Deathchill Aura will also prevent monsters (or at least Arthur) from fixating on the Monster Lure, so I found in that last cage, it was best to turn off Deathchill (not Ravages of Time, which the fanpatch fixes by making it a separate aura) and disband the lich (setting to defensive mode might also work). I also tried to line things up so Nate doesn't get hit by Puncture/Scattershots until I wanted to fight him. This might be an area where the spear again serves well, especially since unlike the Warden, it has no shield-AoE capability.
wot?

KDH

Post by KDH »

:oops: sorry for the necro

Titan Quest has been ported to the Android platform

Titan Quest comes to Android courtesy of DotEmu

Jul 7, 2016
DotEmu is in the business of taking the hits of yesteryear and porting them to mobile devices. Titan Quest isn't as retro as many games DotEmu has published, having just come out on PC 10 years ago (and was well-received). It still costs $15 on Steam, but you can get the Android version for $6.99 right now.

Titan Quest is a hack-and-slash RPG with a huge world to explore. Titan Quest is a much more in-depth game than you usually see on mobile. DotEmu promises more than 60 hours of gameplay, thousands of items, and dozens of creatures to fight. The game takes place all across the ancient world as the mythic titans and other monsters attack humanity. Your character can be customized with different skills, equipment, and more than 30 classes.

The controls have been redesigned for a touchscreen experience in this version of the game. It's a top-down isometric interface, so I don't think there will be any surprises there. Titan Quest will run you $7 right now, but that's apparently a launch sale. There aren't any in-app purchases to be found, though.

came across this in the Diablo3 forums
Ain't nobody got time for that
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

thats some crazy business right there. I can't imagine how hard it would be on a tiny little screen, especially with the size of fingers and thumbs to do the clicking.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
morlac

Post by morlac »

Jaymon wrote:thats some crazy business right there. I can't imagine how hard it would be on a tiny little screen, especially with the size of fingers and thumbs to do the clicking.
It plays decently enough on the IPAD but is a resource hog and bit buggy. Also, targeting with specific skills is a bit cumbersome. I would imagine playing a complicated magic leaning class could be extremely cumbersome at higher levels. Melee leaning classes played fine though. My biggest grip is no Expansion content and all the UI upgrades it brought. It's neat and fun in spurts but I couldn't imagine playing the whole campaign. Maybe if I never played the PC version....maybe.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

THQ Nordic aka Iron Lore have released a massive patch for the 10th Anniversary of Titan Quest

Patch Notes

I guess the big one is + Merged TQ and IT into one standalone game
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I've tacked this one onto my GOG.com wishlist for the next time I feel like playing. It's been a while... and I really hope it's compatible with the TQ Vault app that I've used to house my hoard of looted items. There's really no other way to manage the massive inventory in this game short of running it on two computers and generating tons of mules.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

tru1cy wrote:THQ Nordic aka Iron Lore have released a massive patch for the 10th Anniversary of Titan Quest

Patch Notes

I guess the big one is + Merged TQ and IT into one standalone game
Also massively improved performance and HD resolutions. I got the Steam release and it looks very nice, even at 10 years!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sure doesn't seem like 10 years have gone by. Then again I started this thread 5 years ago. A lot has changed since then in my world.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
PLW

Post by PLW »

I bought it today. Is there anything I should know before I play it or just jump in?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

PLW wrote:I bought it today. Is there anything I should know before I play it or just jump in?
Can't remember if you can respec. If you can't, read up on a few builds and find one that sounds interesting to you. If you can, then just dive in.

Or if you don't care about max/min'ing, then just dive it.

It's a straight forward (but well done!) action rpg in the same vein as Diablo.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Just have a rough idea of how the class system works going in. Early on you'll be able to pick a tree, and later on you'll be able to pick a second tree. Each combination of two trees is a class. For instance, hitting things with swords is Warfare. Take the Warfare tree and you're a warrior. Later on, if you took the Defense tree as your second, you'd be a Conquerer, but if you took Rogue you'd be an assassin. Take Spirit (a type of magic) and you're a Spellbreaker.

It is worthwhile to have a rough idea of what you are going to want before you get started, as it is best to build your character with both trees in mind, and to build the trees to compliment each other. Even if you don't min-max, having a basic idea of where you want to go is a good idea.

Here is a rough breakdown.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Just a heads up......the Titan Quest Anniversary edition is 75% off over at Humble Bundle so its $5.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/tita ... search_bar
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Lee

Post by Lee »

Daehawk wrote:Just a heads up......the Titan Quest Anniversary edition is 75% off over at Humble Bundle so its $5.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/tita ... search_bar
Same as Steam.
For motivation and so Jeff V can make me look bad:
2010 Totals: Biking: 65 miles Running: 393 miles
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

successfully imported a character i had originally started with the disc version of the original Titan Quest (a borrowed friends' copy from 2007), then had migrated to the Steam version of Immortal Throne.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Blackhawk wrote:Just have a rough idea of how the class system works going in. Early on you'll be able to pick a tree, and later on you'll be able to pick a second tree. Each combination of two trees is a class. For instance, hitting things with swords is Warfare. Take the Warfare tree and you're a warrior. Later on, if you took the Defense tree as your second, you'd be a Conquerer, but if you took Rogue you'd be an assassin. Take Spirit (a type of magic) and you're a Spellbreaker.

It is worthwhile to have a rough idea of what you are going to want before you get started, as it is best to build your character with both trees in mind, and to build the trees to compliment each other. Even if you don't min-max, having a basic idea of where you want to go is a good idea.

Here is a rough breakdown.
Even though I own a gold edition on CD, broke down and bought the new HD version on Steam.

Question - are there any bad/gimped classes that will make playing the game particularly difficult?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I honestly don't remember. It's been years since I've played.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

No. Like diablo the first playthrough is not too challenging, although with so many class combos some are bound to be stronger than others.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Do the classes actually mean anything other than identifying which masteries you took? I took nature and hunting - I'm a ranger. As a Ranger, do I have access to anything that a straight nature and a straight hunter wouldn't have between the 2 of them?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Hmmm. Silverjon was our resident TQ expert and it has been a long time for me.

I'm going to say that there aren't any hidden synergies or extra bonuses that show up when 2 skills from different trees are combined.

That said, the entire game is one big synergy exploitation (in the good way) character design. For a guy like me who likes to play a game from different perspectives and skills/playstyles, it was insanely cool.

So no, there is nothing invisible that happens when you combine classes. The class names are just colour text. But they are pretty cool.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Thanks Goo.

The synergies you mention - just more obvious stuff like seeing the various bonuses to this and that (physical/elemental/fire/poison/etc...) or something a little less obvious (like buffs for your pets count for all summons including things like the nature briarthorn - don't know if that is how it works, but it was the best example of a not so obvious synergy I could think of)?

The more obvious stuff does not seem that radical so far (says the level 9 guy who has only just reach Megera...). Makes me think there's stuff I have not gotten to, or I'm missing something (I'm not always the swiftest person at optimizing myself in computer games, so it could very well be me).
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Yes, I suppose your example is a good one, as it does identify the possibility of less obvious synergies that may or may not be readily apparent depending on how the game is coded.

I'm going go say that yes, there are some synergies like that. With, what? 10 classes or something, that's a lot of duo combos, so you'd have to investigate your combo specifically. On the plus side, there is a LOT of character design information out there, so searching for Titan Quest Ranger would probably net you a lot of information on the intricacies of that combination.

When I was playing I could have given you a lot of this information off the top of my head, but it has been too long. As I said, Silverjon knew even more about the game so it's too bad she's not around.

I wish I could help with specifics. If you're just playing leisurely, the game works just by picking things that sound interesting. If you are going to hardcore min/max, there is a lot of information out there and the game gives you some pretty big payoffs from well thought out (meaning other people have done their research/homework) combinations.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

GreenGoo wrote:Yes, I suppose your example is a good one, as it does identify the possibility of less obvious synergies that may or may not be readily apparent depending on how the game is coded.

I'm going go say that yes, there are some synergies like that. With, what? 10 classes or something, that's a lot of duo combos, so you'd have to investigate your combo specifically. On the plus side, there is a LOT of character design information out there, so searching for Titan Quest Ranger would probably net you a lot of information on the intricacies of that combination.

When I was playing I could have given you a lot of this information off the top of my head, but it has been too long. As I said, Silverjon knew even more about the game so it's too bad she's not around.

I wish I could help with specifics. If you're just playing leisurely, the game works just by picking things that sound interesting. If you are going to hardcore min/max, there is a lot of information out there and the game gives you some pretty big payoffs from well thought out (meaning other people have done their research/homework) combinations.
Fortunately, I'm just a leisure player, but I enjoy understanding cool aspects like this and taking advantage of them. I will go out and search the webs!

Thanks again Goo!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Now that we've talked about it some more, it seems to have jarred loose some memories that the game does have some interesting and less visible synergies. Nothing hard coded and obvious like "wielding a shield while casting spells provides +10% defense" but some weird interactions like a spell from one class uses your base weapon damage as a starting point, so holding a dagger is far less useful than holding a 2 handed axe for that particular spell, for example.

Wish I could help with specifics, sorry.

Great game. Holds up well too. Having recently played Grim Dawn, Titan Quest easily stands up to comparison despite being many years older (same guys developed both, I believe).

If I hadn't played it to death I'd probably be jumping in with the new anniversary edition. I did start the download even though I don't see me playing it. We'll see. :wink:
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

GreenGoo wrote: Great game. Holds up well too. Having recently played Grim Dawn, Titan Quest easily stands up to comparison despite being many years older (same guys developed both, I believe).
basically. and Grim Dawn uses a modified/updated version of the engine used in Titan Quest.

for class build info, you want to check out the titanquest.net forums
Butterknife

Post by Butterknife »

I've been playing the Anniversary Edition again, it was fun to play this again after so many years. Steam has me clocked at 9 hours so far, and I'm just finishing off Act 1.

My character is a Paladin, which is the Storm and Defense. Basically you rush to Storm Surge, which is an ability that triggers when you are hit. That is your bread-and-butter for the build, you move into the middle of a pack of enemies and wait for Storm Surge to trigger and basically wipe out everyone. You take the Defense mastery so that you can survive until the Storm Surge goes off. I enjoy the build because it is fun to run around dragging together a pack of enemies and then stopping to let them all hit you, then just picking up the loot as they all die. Unfortunately there is the occasional time where the random number generator doesn't fire off the Storm Surge and I die instead, but that's the build!

Another fun one I've tried in the past that I'd recommend to anybody starting out is an Evoker, Earth and Dream masteries. You make an aura-focused build here, so you spend all of your time running by enemies (kiting them) and just watching them die as you move around them, careful to stay just out of reach. The main skills are Ring of Flame and Trance of Wrath -- those two auras do damage so you spend all of your time moving, stopping just to pick up the loot. I had a lot of fun with this build too.

As always my alt-itis is in full swing whenever I start playing a game like this, so if anybody else knows of some really fun builds to try out (I like the weird builds, obviously) let me know.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Those sound awesome and are exactly what I like doing in games like this.

Anything noteworthy in the anniversary edition?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Had a dream about this game last night.

Guess I'll fire it up again after all.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I'm having a lot of fun with it as well. I went Spirit as my first class because I remember he gets a pretty kick ass lich pet later on. Haven't decided what I'm going to combine it with yet though. Will probably do something completely off-the-wall just to see what happens.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

That's the joy of the class design. There's no really "bad" class pairings, so I ended up with a dozen characters of varying skillsets.

My favorites generally involved the Elemental or Nature because I love pets in these games, but one of my most successful was a Warfare/Defense character that dual-wielded death and just melted everything in front of him. He was a lot of fun to summon ancestors, go Giant-sized, and just beat the ever-loving crap out of everything.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

YellowKing wrote:I'm having a lot of fun with it as well. I went Spirit as my first class because I remember he gets a pretty kick ass lich pet later on. Haven't decided what I'm going to combine it with yet though. Will probably do something completely off-the-wall just to see what happens.
Spirit, if I remember correctly, is one of the less straight forward classes. It's often used to support another class. Either as life leeching for a melee'r or as one more pet for a pet class (which is often nature, if I remember?!).

Spirit is one of the few classes that doesn't work very well as the primary class for a character.

Of course my memory is shaky so just ignore me if I'm way off base. The Lich is pretty good though.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

GreenGoo wrote:Spirit is one of the few classes that doesn't work very well as the primary class for a character.
I have noticed it's been tougher than I remembered. Not crazy difficult, but I'm certainly not wrecking stuff.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

YellowKing wrote:
GreenGoo wrote:Spirit is one of the few classes that doesn't work very well as the primary class for a character.
I have noticed it's been tougher than I remembered. Not crazy difficult, but I'm certainly not wrecking stuff.
There are a number of classes that are slow out of the gate (and a number that are fast), so that's not unique to Spirit, although like I said, I think it's weaker than most, on its own. All classes are completely playable though.