Anyone heard of Uncharted 3?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Rumpy

Re: Anyone heard of Uncharted 3?

Post by Rumpy »

pr0ner wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:49 pm
coopasonic wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:00 pm Feel free to report me. I probably deserve it. :)

Got started on Uncharted 4 this morning. After that I think I am about ready to call this console generation done. Oh, Nioh 2 arrives soon so maybe not.
Uncharted 4 is an absolutely gorgeous game (especially in HDR) that doesn't quite reach the highs of the first 3 games in the series.
Yeah, I did find Uncharted 4 to be a bit long. I felt ready to be done by the last quarter and was surprised when it kept throwing more stuff at me. I loved that they made it more open in some places and I loved the jeep driving and how you had to use the winch as part of puzzles, and I would have loved more of that.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I really enjoyed Uncharted 4; I'm not sure it was as good as Uncharted 2, but I definitely found it better than the first game (I never played the third one). I just started playing Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS+ free game this month) and it's clear how much they're trying to follow the Uncharted formula, although the game isn't nearly as polished.

If you haven't played it yet, I really liked The Last of Us 2. I think it may be the pinnacle of Naughty Dog technical achievement and game play.
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I think I have hit most of the PS4 exclusive highlights...
Horizon Zero Dawn
Bloodborne
Spider-man
God of War
Uncharted 3 (PS3 game yeah I know)
Uncharted 4
The Last of Us II
Persona 5
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Pyperkub wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:06 pm
coopasonic wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:00 pm Feel free to report me. I probably deserve it. :)

Got started on Uncharted 4 this morning. After that I think I am about ready to call this console generation done. Oh, Nioh 2 arrives soon so maybe not.
Did you play Spider-Man?
And Red Dead Redemption 2?
I'm primarily an xBox console gamer, but I *had* to play Spider-Man, and finally bit the bullet during the Black Friday PS4Pro sales as an Xmas present for me - came with Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War game of the year pack-ins (with DLC).
That's a hell of a bundle.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:56 pm And Red Dead Redemption 2?
I didn't list that as it wasn't a Sony exclusive.

I am kind of amused that now the resurrected Uncharted 3 thread is turning into Video Games Randomness (or maybe Playstation Randomness).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

This generation has been one giving us some narrative powerhouses. I also feel it has done a better job of making cutscenes feel more integrated into the gameplay. God of War goes so far as to make the cutscenes completely seemless from the gameplay. The writing in general has also been higher quality.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:13 pm
Alefroth wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:56 pm And Red Dead Redemption 2?
I didn't list that as it wasn't a Sony exclusive.
Oh right. Good point.

I imagine anything releasing now will also be part of the next console gen.