Crusader Kings II

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

El Guapo

Re: Crusader Kings II

Post by El Guapo »

Related to Tilt's last point, when you are fabricating claims, make sure to do it on counties that are the capitols of Duchies (counties where you see a duchy symbol on them). There's a percentage chance (not sure what it is) when you fabricate a claim in those counties that you'll wind up fabricating a claim to the duchy rather than the county. Obviously it's quicker to conquer a kingdom via Duchies.

Also when you press claims, strong claims can be aggregated and pressed all at once. For example, if you have claims to four scottish counties, when you select the "declare war" option, and it shows you a list of potential claims to press, one of them will be "Press All Claims" (that's not literally all, just the personal strong claims). Then if you win that war, you'll get all four counties. Given the 10 year truce period, it's often quicker to wait until you have fabricated multiple claims then press them all at once.

Also the 10 year waiting period is personal - that is, between the relevant rulers. If either of you dies before the 10 years is up, the truce period ends. So that can be manipulated via assassins.

Lastly, another quick method of taking a territory above county level is pressing others' claims. If you press someone else's claim to a title and win the war, you install that person in the relevant position. That person will be your vassal (giving you the territory) IF: (1) the title is a lesser title (so for example, right now you can only do this with county and duchy titles, not kingdom titles); (2) the title is a de jure part of a title you control (so if you pressed someone's claim for a title in the Kingdom of Ireland, for example); OR (3) the claimant is already a vassal of yours.

So right now one way to get a Scottish duchy would be to go to a Scottish duchy, click on "claimants" (that will give you a list of people with a claim to that duchy), invite a claimant to your court, grant them a landed title (making them your vassal), and then pressing their claim to the Scottish duchy. That means winning a war versus Scotland. of course, which is probably not easy for Ireland (probably need a good ally).
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Oh, and in my game I noticed that the ambitious brother that I dispatched to the religious orders has apparently managed to wind up in charge of the Teutonic Order. So now they're an ally, plus I get additional monthly piety from having the head of a religious order be a member of my dynasty. Plus I got him out of my hair at court, which was nice too.

I kind of think that they should nerf the "crusader" trait. As it is you don't even need to do any actual crusading - you can literally get 50 of your buddies, sail to the Holy Land, get off the boat (which gets you the trait) and then get right back on the boat and sail home. You should need to do some minimum amount - like, you don't get the trait until after the crusade is over, and then only if the crusade succeeds and you contributed some minimum amount (like, 5%+ of the war score). And there should be a "failed crusader" trait, triggered if the crusade fails or you contribute nothing (say, 1% or less to the war score). which would give you a relations penalty.
Black Lives Matter.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Thanks a bunch. Lets see how the conquest of Scotland goes :)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Oh, and if you do a "Press all claims" war, then claims fabricated *during the war* get included in the war. I was waging a war against Scotland (actually) over three counties, then fabricated a claim on a fourth during the war, and was pleasantly surprised to find that I acquired all four at the close of the war.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

TiLT wrote:Well, "England" is still "England" in Norwegian, and I don't think it was different back during those times, though I'm far from an expert on the subject. AFAIK, it's only Scotland and Ireland, of the major places at least, that have different names in Norwegian ("Skottland" and "Irland" respectively).
Related to this, I captured a few counties in Ireland, and formed the Duchy of Munster. Once I formed it the game immediately changed its name to the "Duchy of Hylmrek" and the county seat to the County of Hylmrek. I'm guessing that's the Norwegian name for Munster?
Black Lives Matter.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

El Guapo wrote:
TiLT wrote:Well, "England" is still "England" in Norwegian, and I don't think it was different back during those times, though I'm far from an expert on the subject. AFAIK, it's only Scotland and Ireland, of the major places at least, that have different names in Norwegian ("Skottland" and "Irland" respectively).
Related to this, I captured a few counties in Ireland, and formed the Duchy of Munster. Once I formed it the game immediately changed its name to the "Duchy of Hylmrek" and the county seat to the County of Hylmrek. I'm guessing that's the Norwegian name for Munster?
I have no idea. Keep in mind that the language they spoke in Norway back then is not the same language spoken today (I don't think they even have the same roots), so I'm not very familiar with meanings and such.

A quick Google search gets only 4 hits for that name, but it seems that Hylmrek is a Norse settlement in Ireland, one that quite possibly still exists today.
Insert witty comment here.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

TiLT wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
I have no idea. Keep in mind that the language they spoke in Norway back then is not the same language spoken today (I don't think they even have the same roots), so I'm not very familiar with meanings and such.

A quick Google search gets only 4 hits for that name, but it seems that Hylmrek is a Norse settlement in Ireland, one that quite possibly still exists today.
There are so many Norwegian language based Easter Eggs in the game.

My guy's heir wound up having Pomeranian culture, so as soon as he inherited the throne it went back to being boring ol' Munster. Good news is that I'm raising his heir Norwegian, so hopefully we'll be back to Hylmrek soon enough.

Speaking of which: inheritance question: as the previous Emperor, I married my eldest son and heir to the Queen of Pomerania, such that he was then King of Pomerania (in addition to being the heir to the Scandinavian throne). The son and heir knocked boots with the Queen of Pomerania, and they had a son. What's odd is that once that son was born, he (the Emperor's grandson) became the heir to the Scandinavian throne, even while his father (the Emperor's son) was still alive. Why did the son get wiped out of the inheritance?

In any event, thanks to the marriage Pomerania has been added to the Empire of Scandinavia. And I've managed to marry the new Emperor to the Queen of Lithuania. You can get the best Kingdoms at singles bars, as it turns out.
Black Lives Matter.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

So I'm still King of Jerusalem, Ireland and Wales. I won't do it due to revolt risks and the fact that I don't have a particularly large army, but how would I form an Empire if I wanted to?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

It's just like forming a duchy or a kingdom, except with more provinces. There are set de jure empires, and like duchy / kingdoms once you control 51%+ of the relevant territory you can create the relevant empire. Like, by controlling 51% of Ireland + England + Scotland + Wales you can form the empire of Britannia; by controlling 51%+ of Sweden + Norway + Denmark + Finland you can form the empire of scandinavia, etc. You can check the relevant territory by selecting "de jure empires" on the lower right part of the map screen.
Black Lives Matter.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

That's what I figured, I was just hoping you could have non-de jure empires. :(
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Kelric wrote:That's what I figured, I was just hoping you could have non-de jure empires. :(
Well, evidently you can change de jure empires somewhat (at least, once you are Emperor). I conquered England awhile back as the Empire of Scandinavia, and I was clicking around on the "de jure empires" screen. While hovering over England the game said, "Incorporating into de jure Empire of Scandinavia - 64 / 100." So I gather that after 36 more game years England will be part of the de jure Empire of Scandinavia, so that would be an (even more) a historical non de jure empire.

Not entirely certain what the full consequences of incorporating England will be.
Black Lives Matter.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

If I remember correctly, counties are supposed to become historically 'yours' after 100 years of ownership, right? I've had Wales conquered for longer than that and don't remember seeing those notifications.

Or was that EU3? :?:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Kelric wrote:If I remember correctly, counties are supposed to become historically 'yours' after 100 years of ownership, right? I've had Wales conquered for longer than that and don't remember seeing those notifications.

Or was that EU3? :?:
I don't know if it happens at the county level, but duchies can become de jure part of another kingdom if they are de facto owned by that other kingdom. And evidently this is true at the Kingdom / Empire level as well.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

So I think I'm *finally* about ready to move on from my Scandinavia game. Just wanted to note some other interesting things that happened in Europe over the course of my game (beyond what my Av Freysey dynasty achieved):

(1) The HRE held on pretty well, and even added most of Spain as the result of a crusade. Though recently Bohemia broke off and took a chunk of Spain and some other pieces with it;

(2) The Republic of Pisa did pretty well for itself, conquering (what is now) Tunisia and Libya. A muslim egyptian dynasty recently re-conquered Libya, but Pisa has held onto Tunisia (indeed, so long that Tunisia is now apparently de jure part of Pisa).

(3) The mongol hordes christianized. In fact, the Ilkhanate has largely christianized the Middle East, which includes converting Mecca and Medina to Christian. You would think that the Muslims would be launching lots of Jihads to undo this, but mostly they're focused on Jerusalem (though there have been a couple crusades against Mesopotamia).

(4) I noticed that Powys in Wales, which I had given to my brother a few Emperors ago, suddenly became part of the Empire of Carpathia. I was trying to figure out how that happened, since crown law is high enough that territory can't inherit out of the realm. Turns out the guy managed to get himself crowned emperor of Carpathia somehow. On the plus side, nice to see the Av Freysey dynasty in charge of another empire in Europe (cultural Norwegians rule a pretty significant chunk of the world in the game).

(5) The Byzantine Empire is doing quite well for itself. Rules all of modern day Turkey, a significant chunk of southern Italy, and on top of that most of Russia (I think the King of Rus managed to get himself made emperor, and so brought his Kingdom with him).
Black Lives Matter.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I'm somewhere in the 1280s in my Ireland game. We still control all of Ireland (except Dublin, and we don't have the troops to push out the Scottish), Wales, and the Holy Land. We also have one province on the west coast of France that I conquered back when it was independent. It had become independent because France split in two between itself and Aquitane, then the HRE conquered a strip in the middle to provide a buffer and some of the random provinces leftover became independent. The HRE is crushing it so far in my world: they control most of Sweden, all of the general HRE provinces, that stretch of France, half of Spain that they won in a Crusade, and the northern part of Italy.

I also just had the Mongol hordes become Christian (and the Pagans there before them also converted), but they have been a relative non-factor in the civilized world.

The Ua Braians are related by this point to almost every ruling house in Europe and the Christian far east. We like breeding, apparently.

Edit - And Steam has all of the DLC on sale! I'm avoiding the song and graphic packs and will just be buying the expansions sometime today.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

France has been something of a mess in my game too. Both Aquitaine and Brittany split off, and the HRE made significant inroads into east / northeast France. They've made something of a comeback lately, as they now have most of Portugal (pretty sure via marriage) and a significant chunk of northeast Spain.

Southern France is still a hodgepodge of random powers, though.

Also I'm not sure all the mongols showed up on my game. The Christian Ilkhanate certainly made an impact (controlling much of the Middle East, east / southeast Russia, odd provinces around Europe (a few provinces in France, for example), and have installed rulers in a couple places (leading to the Khanate of Poland, for example). But the Golden Horde is nowhere to be found (I thought they showed up - maybe they were conquered by the Ilkhanate?), and I know that the Timurids never showed up.

Also just realized that the year is 1420 in my game (time flies!) so I guess I might as well finish through 1453...
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I picked up a bunch of the cheap DLC last night and started a new game with the Petty Kingdom of Cornwall(?). I started with a brother and a son, but unmarried. I managed to get married and get three more children. Mother died of pneumonia at childbirth ( :shock: ), but the child survived. One then died at the age of 2, and I kicked the bucket at 44, leaving my minor son sitting the throne with a regent, a betrothal, and two half siblings to manage.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'm tempted to start a game as the lone Jewish entity (the Khazars, in basically the Ukraine), but they're three counties in a rough neighborhood, with everyone able to holy war against you. Seems...difficult.

What would be great would be to create Israel, but again, that would seem to open you up to both crusades and Jihads.
Black Lives Matter.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Kelric wrote:Edit - And Steam has all of the DLC on sale! I'm avoiding the song and graphic packs and will just be buying the expansions sometime today.
Done. And now I want to restart my game. Hmm.... which DLCs to use....
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

If you followed my Bargain Bin postings, you would have known that on Tuesday. :snooty:
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I got paid yesterday, so while I did see your post it didn't matter until then. :P

I went with Sons of Abraham, Old Gods (for the early start and the Viking fun), Sword of Islam and the Rome expansion (so I can finally have a retinue). My first two games only lasted a few years: I started on the Isle of Britain, which is a terrible idea because you get slaughtered by the Great Heathen Army. So, for my third game, I was Ivar the Boneless and led the GHA. I conquered all of Scotland, parts of England and half of Ireland. I even converted to Christianity so I could get away from the mandatory pagan Gavelkind inheritance but then f-ed it up by crowning myself King of Scotland. Because I took a new title my 'rule for 10 years' counter got reset and I lost the chance to reset the inheritance laws. Tonight I'm going to restart as Ivar, try to conquer all of Scotland and Ireland, convert to Christianity and get rid of Gavelkind. Then I want to crown myself King of Scotland and Ireland and pass both titles to my son. Yesterday I also spent hundreds of gold improving my territories, but tonight I am going to hoard all of that gold to pass to my son once he has a proper capital established. :horse:
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Conquered half of Ireland, most of Scotland and parts of northern England (though it doesn't exist as England yet) and then converted to Christianity again. Turns out I need to be King of Scotland to switch over to Primogeniture, so now I'm nursing my 60-something year old Ivar the Boneless along. I need five more years before he'll have the decade needed to change the succession. If it doesn't happen then Britain is going to get awfully sick of seeing my troops rampaging around reconquering everything.... :evil:

Edit - Managed to get Primogeniture, then my Heir died. The next kid stepped up and ruled pretty well, conquering York/Jorvik and moving his capital there to centralize it for the eventual Empire of Britannia. He bit the dust and now his son is on the throne. This guy has had a rocky start: a lot of his uncles and cousins and brothers are unhappy that they don't have a chance at the throne and they control most of the country. I've already put down one major rebellion, conquered another part of Ireland to crown myself King of Ireland, and expect to spend most of the rest of this reign mopping up the Irish and MAYBE getting into Wales if I can keep any more rebellions out of the way. Still not up to the year 1000, which is cool.

Also, I apparently don't have any Achievements despite putting 160+ hours into the game. How weird.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Note to self: Don't convert to a heresy, unless you want the Knights-Templar (backed by France, Aquitane, Holy Roman Empire, Poland, England, Castille, etc etc etc) to conquer all of Lithuania in a Holy Crusade.

I thought converting to the Cathar heresy would be a good, progressive, sort of feminist idea (female priests, able to change Gender law to Absolute Cognatic). The Pope did not agree.

Now, I had a plan to restart as Pagan Norse and go the Reformed Norse route for all the free conquest CBs and increased Levy size, but I'm all scared of Rome now. :(

Seems straight Catholic is the "safe" way to go even though Casus Belli becomes somewhat harder to come by.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

I think my favorite succession law has to be Feudal Elective. Last game I switched to Primogeniture but I found myself frustrated that the heir was "locked in" like that - no possibility anymore to campaign for my Genius, Attractive, Kind and Just Grey Eminence daughter, just some schmoe who happens to be the firstborn son. I suppose there's a risk of getting out-voted, but as long as you're careful about creating duchies and keep your own kin on all the voting titles it shouldn't be a big deal.
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Lagom Lite wrote:I think my favorite succession law has to be Feudal Elective. Last game I switched to Primogeniture but I found myself frustrated that the heir was "locked in" like that - no possibility anymore to campaign for my Genius, Attractive, Kind and Just Grey Eminence daughter, just some schmoe who happens to be the firstborn son. I suppose there's a risk of getting out-voted, but as long as you're careful about creating duchies and keep your own kin on all the voting titles it shouldn't be a big deal.
You're not being cynical enough. The rules you think you're being restricted by are just obstacles for you to work around. Is your first heir becoming a problem, standing in the way of your prodigy second heir? Have him assassinated, or send him off to become a bishop. My game as Ireland had me weed out unwanted family members (including spouses) with alarming regularity. Murder was the best way to handle loose ends. Evil is good! :twisted:
Insert witty comment here.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lagom Lite wrote:Note to self: Don't convert to a heresy, unless you want the Knights-Templar (backed by France, Aquitane, Holy Roman Empire, Poland, England, Castille, etc etc etc) to conquer all of Lithuania in a Holy Crusade.

I thought converting to the Cathar heresy would be a good, progressive, sort of feminist idea (female priests, able to change Gender law to Absolute Cognatic). The Pope did not agree.

Now, I had a plan to restart as Pagan Norse and go the Reformed Norse route for all the free conquest CBs and increased Levy size, but I'm all scared of Rome now. :(

Seems straight Catholic is the "safe" way to go even though Casus Belli becomes somewhat harder to come by.
You're not the only one to learn that lesson the hard way.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lagom Lite wrote:I think my favorite succession law has to be Feudal Elective. Last game I switched to Primogeniture but I found myself frustrated that the heir was "locked in" like that - no possibility anymore to campaign for my Genius, Attractive, Kind and Just Grey Eminence daughter, just some schmoe who happens to be the firstborn son. I suppose there's a risk of getting out-voted, but as long as you're careful about creating duchies and keep your own kin on all the voting titles it shouldn't be a big deal.
Yeah, I found elective to be surprisingly workable. The main issue is that if you're playing ironman then one bout of bad luck can really ruin your day, like one duke sneaks ahead in elective voting, and your king happens to bite it the next day.
Black Lives Matter.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I've never had much luck with Elective. Some Duke always seems to be able to marry right, inherit another large estate, wage a small war to gain another then BAM, they have another Ducal title and get elected.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Kelric wrote:I've never had much luck with Elective. Some Duke always seems to be able to marry right, inherit another large estate, wage a small war to gain another then BAM, they have another Ducal title and get elected.
I've found that, as King anyway, if you maintain generally good relations with your vassals, then most will vote for whomever you vote for (an heir of yours).
Black Lives Matter.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

TiLT wrote:
You're not being cynical enough. The rules you think you're being restricted by are just obstacles for you to work around. Is your first heir becoming a problem, standing in the way of your prodigy second heir? Have him assassinated, or send him off to become a bishop. My game as Ireland had me weed out unwanted family members (including spouses) with alarming regularity. Murder was the best way to handle loose ends. Evil is good! :twisted:
But I can only (as far as I can tell) have one murder plot going at a time? And sometimes the conspiracies take forever to bring results, or are exposed by some drunkard, giving you "dishonorable" penalties. Not to mention, some targets are simply good guys that everyone likes, so are almost impossible to find fellow conspirators for. And even so, I'd rather keep my Intrigue actions on people from outside my kin...

I think I just like the political game that comes from Elective. I'm sure there are lots of drawbacks to it that I haven't seen yet, but for now I simply find it the most fun. :)

Edit: Ah yes, I forgot about the "Assassinate" option in diplomacy... yes, I haven't made much use of that! Now you gave me some ideas. :twisted:

Edit 2: Are Bishops excluded from the succession? I knew they couldn't marry, but are they also not allowed to inherit?
Last edited by Lagom Lite on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is there anyone in hell?

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

If you have the "Sons of Abraham" DLC (and you haven't yet married off the heir in question), you can also order them to join one of the militant religious orders (Teutonic Order, Knights of Calavtera, etc.), which also removes them from succession.

And there can be unexpected side benefits from that too. I dispatched a troublesome ambitious brother to the Teutonic Order, then years later noticed that said brother had risen to become head of the Teutonic Order. As a result I got an additional monthly piety bonus (from having the head of the order be a member of my dynasty), plus a free alliance with the Teutonic Order.
Black Lives Matter.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

El Guapo wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:Note to self: Don't convert to a heresy, unless you want the Knights-Templar (backed by France, Aquitane, Holy Roman Empire, Poland, England, Castille, etc etc etc) to conquer all of Lithuania in a Holy Crusade.

That's pretty scary. And that's one thing that is very cool about this game - it genuinely teaches history. Not in the literal sense (this happened here at this time) but in the sense of fostering an interest. Before CK2 I hadn't even heard about the Cathar heresy. Now, I'm clicking wiki links to learn about it after having something similar to the historical event happen to my empire in-game.
Is there anyone in hell?

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Lagom Lite wrote:
El Guapo wrote:

That's pretty scary. And that's one thing that is very cool about this game - it genuinely teaches history. Not in the literal sense (this happened here at this time) but in the sense of fostering an interest. Before CK2 I hadn't even heard about the Cathar heresy. Now, I'm clicking wiki links to learn about it after having something similar to the historical event happen to my empire in-game.
In my current game, I am a Duke of Northern England fighting Scotland for her Southern Lands, so I wasn't paying attention to some messages, basically the Cathar religion was spreading across Europe and the HRE where it started had conquered Rome. The current King of England has converted to the Cathar religion and I am now looking for White Peace with Scotland, so I can rally other Catholics Lords to my Banner... I sense an opportunity :twisted:
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lagom Lite wrote:
El Guapo wrote:

It is amazing what you learn. Like, before CKII I didn't know that crusades happened outside of the Holy Land as well. For that matter in one of the EU games (I believe) I saw a small Muslim state in Turkey that was flying a Star of David banner, which led me to learn about the symbol's role in Islam.

And on a related note in my game the Yazidi (a Sunni heresy) overwhelmed the Sunnis and, at least for a time, turned mainstream Sunni Islam into a heresy. That led me to learn a bit about the Yazidi. They get kind of an odd treatment in CKII actually because they're not really a brand of Islam at all (as the game actually admits in its description of the Yazidi) but rather more closely related to Zoroastrianism. So I'm not really sure why exactly they operate in game as a heresy, but it was kind of neat to see Sunni Islam's stature fall over the game.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

tru1cy wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:
El Guapo wrote:

In my current game, I am a Duke of Northern England fighting Scotland for her Southern Lands, so I wasn't paying attention to some messages, basically the Cathar religion was spreading across Europe and the HRE where it started had conquered Rome. The current King of England has converted to the Cathar religion and I am now looking for White Peace with Scotland, so I can rally other Catholics Lords to my Banner... I sense an opportunity :twisted:
Yeah heresies generate great opportunities for faithful catholics. In my game a couple troublesome Swedish dukes did me a solid by converting to a heresy (don't really recall which one it was), which (since I had medium crown authority) allowed me to promptly strip them of titles and hand them out to my Norwegian bros.

Since then I kept trying to hook up disfavored vassals with minority religious meetings, but sadly the game has no real mechanic for encouraging heresy amongst your vassals. :(
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I would assume that marrying them off to heretics might help in that regard, but I'm just spitballing.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Update – on my current

I’ve been through three rulers since the English King turned to the Cathar’s religion. In that time I assumed the English Throne after a bloody war and brought Scotland and Ireland and parts of Wales under my power. My current ruler father established the Empire of Britannia, but died a maim after beating down the powerful Duke of York who wanted the English title. That left his 8 yr old son as the Emperor of Britannia , The King of England, Scotland and Ireland, the Duke of Essex, York and Wessex.

The wolves are circling the young emperor with his Castilian Mother as his Regent and his Council as all but hating him. I’m considering giving up the thrones of Ireland and Scotland to the two most powerful Dukes and hopefully this will allow me to keep the Empire together
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

tru1cy wrote:Update – on my current

I’ve been through three rulers since the English King turned to the Cathar’s religion. In that time I assumed the English Throne after a bloody war and brought Scotland and Ireland and parts of Wales under my power. My current ruler father established the Empire of Britannia, but died a maim after beating down the powerful Duke of York who wanted the English title. That left his 8 yr old son as the Emperor of Britannia , The King of England, Scotland and Ireland, the Duke of Essex, York and Wessex.

The wolves are circling the young emperor with his Castilian Mother as his Regent and his Council as all but hating him. I’m considering giving up the thrones of Ireland and Scotland to the two most powerful Dukes and hopefully this will allow me to keep the Empire together
Well, once you're an Emperor, Kingdoms are basically glorified Duchies anyway. So long as you're not owning Demensne provinces in the kingdom you're delegating, making a loyal kinsman a king seems like an effective way to get rid of quarrelsome dukes.
Is there anyone in hell?

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

When I became Emperor of Scandinavia, I had vassal kings - Denmark, England, Wales, and Ireland. They were pretty manageable for the most part. You do get a relations penalty (-20, I think?) with King vassals. But on the plus side you just have to maintain reasonable relations with a few people as opposed to a ton of them.

If England ever revolted it would've been a pain in the butt, though.
Black Lives Matter.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Well, I have two brothers that I plan to pass the those titles too along with land with in those Kingdoms... At least that was the plan

Anyway, I'm going to try to hold onto the titles... I just don't think at the time I can afford another revolt