Fundraising complete, next renewal is August 2022. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

Wasteland 2 - Impressions start page 8

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Kasey Chang

Re: Wasteland 2 - Impressions start page 8

Post by Kasey Chang »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:35 pm
I lost my damn goat.
I had three goats following me into Prison. :D They all died, of course. Lost "evil eye' attribute when that happened.
My game FAQs | Join Massdrop and see what sort of deals they have! | Playing: ADR1FT, Frontier Pilot Simulator

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Yeah, that Devil Eyes is (was) a HUGE perk. From everything I have read, Awareness is the key attribute that you should level when you get the chance. And you get a plus 1 just for making friends with a goat (and keeping him alive of course)!

I don't even know where I lost. I THINK I moved some of my animal trinkets around, and he probably wandered off. I see him in my mind's eye, wandering the wastes on his own, bleating sullenly at passersby.

Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Dismissed Angela Deth long ago to make room for a new PC. I thought she would be re-available, but the Director's Cut made her gone forever. :cry:
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.

Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Dave Allen wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:24 pm
Dismissed Angela Deth long ago to make room for a new PC. I thought she would be re-available, but the Director's Cut made her gone forever. :cry:
Yeah, she becomes unavailable when you reach...
Spoiler:
Valley of the Titans, in a small pass in the middle of rad zone.

I dismissed Rose earlier to make room for Joren. I didn't have any one with brute force, nor anyone with surgeon. Never really needed surgeon before (Pills with first aid was basically all I needed) Rose was the computer science hacker, but Hex may be able to do it. I'll need to hire someone in the valley to supplement my party... Should I hack my savefile again and reallocate some skill points... :D
My game FAQs | Join Massdrop and see what sort of deals they have! | Playing: ADR1FT, Frontier Pilot Simulator

Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Kasey Chang wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:09 am
Dave Allen wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:24 pm
Yeah, she becomes unavailable when you reach...
Spoiler:
Valley of the Titans, in a small pass in the middle of rad zone.

I dismissed Rose earlier to make room for Joren. I didn't have any one with brute force, nor anyone with surgeon. Never really needed surgeon before (Pills with first aid was basically all I needed) Rose was the computer science hacker, but Hex may be able to do it. I'll need to hire someone in the valley to supplement my party... Should I hack my savefile again and reallocate some skill points... :D
I suspect Dave Allen's referring to the fact that in the original Wasteland 2 release, you were able to have Angela Deth rejoin your party after dismissing her, at least up until you reached said location.

However, in the Director's Cut, it was apparently tweaked so that she leaves your party permanently if dismissed prior to that occurring, so as to be more fitting with her and General Vargas' dialog, which mentions she's not supposed to be following the player's party around.
"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." -- Daniel Webster

Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Ah, I see.

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Anonymous Bosch wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:18 am
, so as to be more fitting with her and General Vargas' dialog, which mentions she's not supposed to be following the player's party around.
I finally made it back to Ranger Citadel last night after being out in the wastes way too long with little more than pea shooters and goat skins to protect me. When I got to Vargas' office, I was fully expecting him to explode or something, seeing Angela with us. Only because she had specifically said that she wasn't supposed to be for some reason or another, when we first picked her up. Not even a peep!

I guess we all did such a helluva job that he let her slide (still not sure WHY she was not supposed to be with us though - that could be important).

I am about to boot one of my custom rolled characters, if we can even do that. She is just not panning out at all, and I am not even sure why. Never seems to hit, slow, etc. Though maybe she's a "sleeper" character, like mages often are, that are super-weak for the first half of the game, but then overpowered the second.

Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

FINALLY found my sludge, got my way past Dale (probably a spy) and then...
Spoiler:
Found the saboteurs from DBM ready to head down the backdoor into the temple interior. Killed them. Decided to head down the same path myself as I had a brother with me, they should treat me neutral, right?

Nope. Suddenly, I get combat phase initiated, then the brother following me informed me that I broke Titan's law, even though I hadn't fired a shot or made any hostile moves (well, other than headed into the interior via the "hidden" passage)

I decided I don't want to start hostilities and decided to quit the game and load an earlier savegame. I'll leave that entrance alone after killing the DBM and find the real entrance in.

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

I forget how I dealt with that area, honestly. Both of the factions there struck me as not worth working with, and I don't think there was a way to reconcile their differences in that situation. I wound up picking one then more or less forgetting about them for the rest of the game.

Pro tip, load up on energy weapons for the next major area after the canyon. Just sayin'.

Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Kasey Chang wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:46 pm
FINALLY found my sludge, got my way past Dale (probably a spy) and then...
Spoiler:
Found the saboteurs from DBM ready to head down the backdoor into the temple interior. Killed them. Decided to head down the same path myself as I had a brother with me, they should treat me neutral, right?

Nope. Suddenly, I get combat phase initiated, then the brother following me informed me that I broke Titan's law, even though I hadn't fired a shot or made any hostile moves (well, other than headed into the interior via the "hidden" passage)

I decided I don't want to start hostilities and decided to quit the game and load an earlier savegame. I'll leave that entrance alone after killing the DBM and find the real entrance in.
I made deal with DBM but...
Spoiler:
they shot the brother with me, and then raiders with a brother blocked the temple entrance. I decided what the hell, and gave sludge no. 3 to Dale. Then I used the back door you mentioned. Down there I found another way up to the temple surface with a minimum of bullets and the monks were all friendly again.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.

Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Yeah, I have 2 out of 6 party specialized in energy weapons already. One's got Meson gun, other's got pulse rifle, and there's always the Laser Carbine if I want to use it or give someone an extra point or two in energy weapons.

It would help if the map at Gamepressure.com for Canyon of Titan wasn't rotated left by 90 degrees, so it's impossible to read.