Shadowrun Returns and Shadowrun Hong Kong

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: Shadowrun Returns and Shadowrun Hong Kong

Post by Daehawk »

Is there any point saving much money? Im about to visit a dead guys shaman sister to talk to ghosts. I have about 7500 nuyen on me and the legs are about 2000 each. Also I have my eye on a eye so to speak that helps with accuracy. Should I just buy stuff when I can or keep saving for a rainy day like is my habit. I finish games with tons of cash usually cause Im afraid to spend it. Knowng me Ill lack like 25 creds to buy a really nice gun or something down the road.

Same with karma..always keep some back in case a skill I want looks better later.

EDIT: Eh forget that money amount. I had 4000 extra on me for hiring some mercs. Now Im poor again. This game makes me long for an open world Shadowrun where I can pick missions like a merc. Maybe build up my own team / organization.

EDIT2: WOW! Now I REALLY want a open world Shadowrun :)
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Not caring for this non ending combat mode. Ive killed everyone near me and in the area / room Im in. I know there are bad guys in another room but combat should end until I engage them. They dont know Im here or having come after me. Id like to move normal until I see them.

Id really like a new outfit. I look like a giant torso with spindly little legs. But Im not sure 3 or 4 armor is worth looking worse for.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
RMC

Post by RMC »

The next games in the series are a lot better, and address some of the items that you don't like. Wait for a sale, and pick them up on the cheap. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Daehawk wrote:EDIT2: WOW! Now I REALLY want a open world Shadowrun :)
Pretty sure there's a user mod that is like that.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

All it takes is a small carload of D6s!
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

That's why I like the Shadowrun Anarchy ruleset. A bit more like Fate and Powered by the Apocalypse. Still need a few d6s but nowhere near as bad
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

IceBear wrote:That's why I like the Shadowrun Anarchy ruleset. A bit more like Fate and Powered by the Apocalypse. Still need a few d6s but nowhere near as bad
Really? As a recent convert to PBTA, I'm suddenly intrigued. I've avoided actually playing the setting for the past twenty-something years due to not wanting to mess with the dense rules.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Blackhawk wrote:
IceBear wrote:That's why I like the Shadowrun Anarchy ruleset. A bit more like Fate and Powered by the Apocalypse. Still need a few d6s but nowhere near as bad
Really? As a recent convert to PBTA, I'm suddenly intrigued. I've avoided actually playing the setting for the past twenty-something years due to not wanting to mess with the dense rules.
Yeah...they made Anarchy because they realize that there's a lot of people put off by the dense rules. It's not a perfect system and it's really more Fate than PbtA...but it's more a story based game than rules heavy. During our last run, when we were stealing an artifact from a museum and the crap hit the fan I spent a plot point to have another runner group hit the other side of the museum and split the guard response
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I've been playing Dragonfall myself. I just hit the hotel (fairly early on), and on the way up found a computer terminal. There were options for search by name, search by room number, and administrator options. I found the info I needed, then hit the key for administrator options.

Enter Administrator Password it said. I hadn't seen a thing about a password, and figured I'd set off all sorts of alarms and lockdowns if I put in a wrong one. So I walked away, right? I looked at it. Nah, they wouldn't have...
Spoiler:
Me: admin
It: Welcome Adminstrator
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm done with Dragonfall, and not in a good way. I am on the next-to-last mission, and it involved a long, long fight. I was at it for more than two hours. I got to a point where all I needed to do was click one more panel and it would be over. I quicksaved. I clicked. Nothing happened. I couldn't move. I was stuck. I try to reload the quicksave - it's gone.

I do some research, and this has been a well-know, well-documented bug since the )#$#& beta. The developers even issued a statement with a solution. Don't save. At all. Not just during the fight, but during the entire mission, which was probably three to four hours for me. It may still lock up and force you to restart the entire three hours, but it is less likely. They think. Of course, they don't actually tell you this in-game. No. They wait until you lose an entire day's progress and go searching for support. They didn't bother with an actual fix. You may have to play this three hour mission several times to advance, and that's assuming you don't need to load for other reasons - like having to stop for the night.

That kind of bullshit is something I can't support. I withdraw my recommendation for the game.

:evil:
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Oh, and for those still playing, the name of the mission is
Spoiler:
APEX Rising
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

That's pretty absurd. There's no way I'd ever play for 3+ hours (30 minutes, really) without saving. It's not even a save scrum thing either, it's just habits from old school RPGs and the realities of life.
Maybe next year, maybe no go