Guild Wars 2

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Re: Guild Wars 2

Post by Zaxxon »

Sweet. Hoping to get some nighttime grouping in soon.
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

I got a guild invite sent to Zaxxon. If anyone else needs an invite let me know.
Easiest in game name to remember is Atherton Wing I also have Miltonite which is also pretty easy to remember.
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

"Isg, set research engines to ludicrous speed!!" -DD*
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Quite a Shindig you have going on there.
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

Zaxxon wrote:Quite a Shindig you have going on there.
How about that floating chandelier?
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

Teggy

Post by Teggy »

What am I missing? Under what circumstances can a Revenant use a shield?
Tao

Post by Tao »

Teggy wrote:What am I missing? Under what circumstances can a Revenant use a shield?
Wiki indicates you need the "Herald" specialization.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

Tao wrote:
Teggy wrote:What am I missing? Under what circumstances can a Revenant use a shield?
Wiki indicates you need the "Herald" specialization.
I think that's Elite specialization. That's a long time to sit on that.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My necro's bags are all full but one with crafting stuff. Its all I keep. Is it ok to put it all in my account stash? And what is the best crafting skill for a necro? I want to start using this stuff up.

Also how many crafting skills can I have? Im thinking artifice or tailor. All told Im looking at tailor, cooking, jeweler, artifice.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

Click on the cog in the top right if the inventory screen and click deposit collectibles. It puts them in your stash. You have easy access to these when crafting. Your storage holds 250 and you can increase that with gems. You can have 2 crafting skills active at a time but you can swap and you keep your level when you drop one. I suggest armor being one of the ones you focus on. The highest armors are account bound so you have to make it, you cannot buy it.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive not seen anything but jewels, artifice, leatherworking, and tailor. Is it called armoring or blacksmithing or something else?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

Necromancer wears light armor so tailor. All armor crafting can create storage bags/boxes.

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I'm definitely going to need one of you regulars to bring me up to speed some evening. I'm at level 11 and still have no idea WTF I'm doing. This is quite a departure from GW1. So far it seems like a group solo game--lots of people running around, no one grouping.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Zaxxon wrote:I'm definitely going to need one of you regulars to bring me up to speed some evening. I'm at level 11 and still have no idea WTF I'm doing. This is quite a departure from GW1. So far it seems like a group solo game--lots of people running around, no one grouping.
Kinda is, you auto join group if you want when events happen, you can obviously group with people to clear the map but most of it is do-able solo.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Most of GW1 was doable solo, but 'solo' meant 'you and henchmen or heroes', and often you'd have at least 1 or 2 others partied with you. Solo in GW2 means solo so far*.

* - it's likely that I am misinterpreting much of the game so far...
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

Most open world stuff like hearts (quests) and hero points you are able to do solo. With events they take into account the dynamic groups (random people that join in) and scale. Some are able to be done solo. The dungeons you need a full group of 5 people and geared decently. The missions usually give you an npc to help you out and you can bring in friends and both progress the story together. If I ever see you online I would be happy to help you out.

miltonite

Post by miltonite »

Who wants to group together tomorrow lets say 8PM Central time?

If that does not work throw out a time. I am free most of tomorrow night.

Tao

Post by Tao »

I am up for something tomorrow, my highest is level 48 and my lowest is 11. I will hop on around 8PM CST
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I'd probably be more like 9 Central but will try.
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

If anyone wants to join me on my friend's mumble server.

Address: harbinger.duckdns.org
Port: 64135
Password: HarbingerOP

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Spousal approval received. I'll be on after the kids hit the sack, around 9 Central. Get ready for a total n00b.
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

It has been far too long since we played GW together. I am happy I will be able to help you in this game the same way you helped me in GW1.

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

miltonite wrote:It has been far too long since we played GW together. I am happy I will be able to help you in this game the same way you helped me in GW1.
:confusion-helpsos:
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

I'd join but I gotta watch baseball.
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

But baseball is boring and GW2 isn't.

Do the right thing and play games with us instead of watching growm men play a game on TV.

Teggy

Post by Teggy »

miltonite wrote:But baseball is boring and GW2 isn't.

Do the right thing and play games with us instead of watching growm men play a game on TV.
When the Amazin' Mets play its always exciting!
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

9 Central is 10 Eastern, right? I should be around, and would be happy to group. That's the one thing I don't get to do much in the game. I'm in the Octo guild, so somebody holler if you need one more tonight.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Correct. See you then!
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I may be a bit late. I had a contractor out today to fix a broken shower faucet and that turned into a bigger job. Hoping to be on time but wanted to give fair warning in case I'm not.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Thanks to Miltonite, Baroquen and crew for showing me the ropes tonight.
Montag

Post by Montag »

The wife has been going hardcore and has lvl 80 engineer, 65 guardian, and lvl 20 something ranger and revenat. I have a lvl 36 Elementalist.
words
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

If company or another warm body is needed just let me know. I have 4 level 80's and at least 1 character that has the base game completely open.

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

ARISE!!!

I've returned to this game after a long hiatus, and I've found I really enjoy this game now. Anyway, with the recent close of the Living World Season 3, Arena.net has revealed that they are going to announce the next expansion (features etc.) on the 1st of August. All we know currently is that the expansion will take place in the Crystal Desert, which is neat. It's one of the regions in Guild Wars 1 that I found the most memorable. It's almost certainly going to include another Elite Specialization for each profession as well.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Also, is there an active OO Guild going? I'm currently guild-less. Level 80 Asura Necromancer.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

We have a guild but it is not active. I think I might be the only one that plays even semi regularly.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Might be time to fire this up again. I'm pretty burned out on FF XIV, and everything I'm reading about this new expansion sounds neat.

Is the Heart of Thorns expansion required to play this new content? Or can I jump from vanilla GW2 to this?
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Montag

Post by Montag »

Pretty sure you will want HoT because of the masteries for hang gliding and other movement things.
words
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

There's a pack that includes HoT and a pre-order for the new Path of Fire xpac, along with a few goodies for $50, so I grabbed that last night. Rolled a Revenant and started from the beginning again. Class seems pretty fun so far, although running through the same zones for the umpteenth time isn't terribly compelling. Still, they do such a good job with making exploration interesting through a world that feels alive. I still love the dynamic events system, and randomly jumping in to help 50 other people take down a big bad never gets old.

If anyone has an active guild they can recommend, let me know. I'm in one from when I played through last year, but I've got no attachment to it.
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

I am a member of Pirate Knights. They are a fairly good group of people and have guild events every Sunday night.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

The Path of Fire preview is apparently this weekend. I don't have any max level characters, so I probably won't see much of it. Will just keep exploring the world, which has been surprisingly enjoyable.
Tao

Post by Tao »

Bought the game way back when and although I don't have any high level characters I figured I would install and futz around this weekend. Holy crap is their pipe small, I typically get 12MB/sec or better download from Steam and am barely getting 3MB/sec from ArenaNet, not a huge deal as I am not in a hurry. I am reading on line that Path of Fire will still require players to own Heart of Thorns to gain access to gliding and a bunch of the masteries however the ArenaNet shop no longer seems to offer the first expac. Am I missing something? Would I need to purchase from in game or something if I was interested? The official website only has the Path of Fire stuff for sale.