Guild Wars 2

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

tgb

Re: Guild Wars 2

Post by tgb »

Good memory. Thanks.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

You can also change them at the skill purchase screen too
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

Make sure to pick up as much iron ore and soft wood in the lower level areas (15-25 I believe) - they are going for good money on the trading post because they are needed for crafting ascended weapons. Or craft if you want, it's good XP.

Oh, and join our dead guild :(
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Teggy wrote:Make sure to pick up as much iron ore and soft wood in the lower level areas (15-25 I believe) - they are going for good money on the trading post because they are needed for crafting ascended weapons. Or craft if you want, it's good XP.

Oh, and join our dead guild :(
Its not dead really it is..."He who lies dead but dreaming. He who lies waiting under the waters, ever seeking entrance into the world of the living, so The Ancient Ones may rule the Earth once more."

After reading that quote I realize how appropriate it is for the main storyline.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

"It just so happens that your guild here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do."
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

"Isg, set research engines to ludicrous speed!!" -DD*
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

I ran Twilight Arbor with a PUG so I can do the Living Story path. It was so much easier than that time we tried to do Ascalon Catacombs.
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

Sweet, we need to run it this weekend. Sunday probably be best. I have Game Day Extravaganza Saturday. The following Saturday would work also.

We also need to run Arah again.
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

Teggy

Post by Teggy »

So, what the odds of us getting a set 5-man group? Weren't there a couple of guys that used to play GW1 consistently? Loknload and somebody else?
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

Loknload is Nathan (Sampsonian) the level 80 guardian that plays with us often.

We can easily get 4. Pyterkub might be interested in running with us to make it 5.

Teggy

Post by Teggy »

miltonite wrote:Loknload is Nathan (Sampsonian) the level 80 guardian that plays with us often.

We can easily get 4. Pyterkub might be interested in running with us to make it 5.
Who is Sir Loin Beef? Is that the same guy?

By the way I am really hating my engineer. I remember in beta I really liked the engineer, but that might be because I could play him as a support character. Soloing an engineer is a major pain now. The severe lack of dynamic events in low level areas does not help any. Thief is not a lot better - seriously squishy, although much better at killing. Ranger and Guardian I have no problems with. I haven't really tried the other classes.
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

What are you wanting to do with 5? Arah or Twilight Arbor?

I think we need a monthly 5 man dungeon group.

Teggy

Post by Teggy »

miltonite wrote:What are you wanting to do with 5? Arah or Twilight Arbor?

I think we need a monthly 5 man dungeon group.
I was thinking of having a steady 5-man group that is interested in doing any new content that comes out as well as dungeons. So for example, if we had a group, we would just meet up and work on the new TA path.
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

I'm down.

Teggy

Post by Teggy »

Hey, were you guys aware of this recipe?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Salvage_Kit" target="_blank

Pretty nice if you have the mystic forge stones lying around.
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

Last night I got into a group that, after some mid-and-late-dungeon drops and subs, finished the Aetherpath. Got my backpiece (which I don't really care about), but more importantly the 25 arena points and 60 empyrial shards. I have 3-4 achievements left for the mini, which I would actually liketo get, but a couple of those require teamwork your not necessarily going to get out of a pug.

Less than 50 arena points to 2500 and that nice 5 gold and bonuses.
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

My hard drive died so I might not be playing much this weekend. We shall see.

Also, thanks for that recipe, I am going to get some use out of that one for sure.

Teggy

Post by Teggy »

Didn't it die just recently?
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

Didn't it die just recently?
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

Yeah, Wednesday. it was giving me pro lens a few weeks ago. it bought the farm for good Wednesday.

Teggy

Post by Teggy »

Well, I feel bad because Arcanis alerted me to the fact that Ehmry Bay had taken over almost the entire WvW world and it was a perfect time to try and get all the world completion points I was missing. Well, I feel bad because he told me then was not able to take advantage of that fact himself.

Despite one very stupid jump on my part that delayed getting a viewpoint for a couple of hours, I now have 100% world completion. I also feel bad because NE beat the Saints, just to add insult to injury.

Now I think I am going to forget about the ascended weapon and just go for the legendary, just because I'm crazy like that. I'm not looking forward to coming up with the minimum 120 gold required, nor the 250 of each top level crafting drop.
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

A little googling has revealed the solution to my ecto problems: crafting. With tons of silk and thick leather available I can craft tons of yellow masks without touching my wood stores. It uses up the 2nd highest crafting material (large scales, etc), but those drop all the time in 70-80 zones and I will be better off getting the highest level crafting material by making mystic clovers. I'm definitely going to run into a mystic coin shortage, though.
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

Well, season one of the Living Story has concluded and we now know what season two will be heading towards.

I read some very welcome news that some time in the future they will be adding precursor crafting which means I will hopefully be able to own a legendary some day.

Another interesting thing they have added to the cash shop is an item that increases your collectible stack limits by 250. Evil, evil, Anet.
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

There are a lot of changes coming down soon. Might be worth it for you to download that patches and play again if it has been a while since you logged in.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/ ... ure-packs/

McBa1n

Post by McBa1n »

Contemplating giving GW2 another go. Really enjoyed it when I played it a year and a half ago.... But then Minecraft and Marvel Heroes kind of got in the way. Anyone still playing?
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

I mostly play for a couple of days when the new content comes out every 2 weeks. Season 2 just started so you should sign in at least once before Tuesday so you don't have to pay for the chapter.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Teggy wrote:I mostly play for a couple of days when the new content comes out every 2 weeks. Season 2 just started so you should sign in at least once before Tuesday so you don't have to pay for the chapter.
It's been awhile since I've played. What do you mean, pay for the chapter?
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

Baroquen wrote:
Teggy wrote:I mostly play for a couple of days when the new content comes out every 2 weeks. Season 2 just started so you should sign in at least once before Tuesday so you don't have to pay for the chapter.
It's new for this season. Every two weeks there is a new chapter in the living story. In the past if you missed it, that was it, you could never play that content (for the most part). Starting with the second season, each chapter becomes a set of instances you can access from the menus. As long as you log in once during the 2 weeks that chapter is introduced, you can replay that chapter forever. If you miss it, you can still get access to it, but you have to pay to unlock it.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Teggy wrote:
Baroquen wrote:
It's new for this season. Every two weeks there is a new chapter in the living story. In the past if you missed it, that was it, you could never play that content (for the most part). Starting with the second season, each chapter becomes a set of instances you can access from the menus. As long as you log in once during the 2 weeks that chapter is introduced, you can replay that chapter forever. If you miss it, you can still get access to it, but you have to pay to unlock it.
Ah, gotcha. Do you have to take part in the quests/storylines of the chapter in order for you to keep the access?

(I've got to stop dabbling in so many MMOs.)
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

No, you just have to log in. You can then come back later (months, if you feel like it) and play all the chapters you have unlocked.
McBa1n

Post by McBa1n »

Dang - that's a weird way of doing things. Guess I'm glad I patched up and farted around in game for a minute.
Forgot how deep the game is - and also, mind boggling. I got to 80 a ways back and still have no clue what's really going on. I just remember it was fun exploring things. I did 52% of the map. Not much of the game made sense to me before - it makes almost none, now. So many systems/currencies to relearn. AHHH. Why did I do this to myself?
McBa1n

Post by McBa1n »

I'm glad I started playing again. I finally was able to beat the 'base' storyline with the help of a friend and a few others yesterday. Pretty epic stuff. I don't know many games that do pve as well - not to mention the crafting and that. I still think my favorite experiences in the game are the ones where I'm out and about exploring. Very cool stuff.
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

I have another character that I need to run through the last mission with. I know Arcanis does as well.

Stuie

Post by Stuie »

Anybody still playing? They had a $10 special over the weekend, and my son plays... so I couldn't resist. How do I join the "dead" OO guild?
RMC

Post by RMC »

I play off and on, as there is an expansion coming out soon, so I figured I would play again.

Not in the OO guild, but if someone wants to invite me that would be cool. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I tried getting back into GW2 a while back, but it has this nasty habit of overheating my CPU and causing my entire system to randomly shut down (a known issue, apparently).

It's frustrating, as GW2 is the only game that does this. I can play other games for hours on end with no issues but GW2 will overheat within an hour. I finally just had to give up on it...completely random DC's aren't exactly conducive to MMOs. :(
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

I got back into playing it a month ago and finally finished leveling my level 46 warrior to 80 and played a new Mesmer up to 40. Unlike when I played it in the past, I now get random black screen crashes. Sometime is doesn't happen for days and sometimes it happens 3 or 4 times in 15 minutes. It does crash pretty reliably when looking at the Mystic Forge in Lion's Arch so it might be some kind of shader issue or something. This never happened at all when I played it before so I guess one of their patches broke the game. I did some googling and a lot of people have the exact same problem I have and didn't have it before the fall patch so I guess they broke something back then that they aren't in a terrible hurry to fix. It's the only game I have that misbehaves like this and I'm pretty sick of it.

The game frustrates me. I really enjoy some aspects of it (the hearts quest system, events, exploration, and combat are great) but absolutely hate some others (the random crashing, the broken economy, cosmetic cash shop emphasis and general boredom of not having any interesting (to me) long term goals to pursue. Once I hit 80 I bought some nice ascended weapons, some good armor and now I don't really have much to do that appeals. I don't feel like grinding for better gear because I hate how all those 'elite' skins look and they're only marginally better stats-wise anyway . The only armor I'd want to wear comes from one particular dungeon and grinding that doesn't appeal much. It would just look weird on a Charr anyway. I gave up on the personal story because, frankly, I just don't enjoy it. Crafting has a lot of grind issues and just isn't fun for me (and I like crafting in games a lot). The gathering part of it is fun, it's the rest that's the killer.

I've got my Ranger at 34 now but am just not feeling him compared to the warrior so I'm about to put the game back on the shelf again, I think. At this point I'm kind of more interested in checking out the new Black Desert MMO when it comes out later this year. That looks pretty cool.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

I am still playing and am the leader of the mostly dead OO guild. I just need your account name with the 4 numbers after and I can send you an invite.

I just got my necro to 80 to join my Mesmer and Warrior and have also started working on my thief a bit more, I think that character is close to 60. I enjoy the exploration and just walking around in the world more than the personal story but still do that. Add me to your friends list and shoot me a message if you see me on. I will be glad to help you out if you need or want the help.

Miltonite.9140

We have use of a friend's mumble server if you want that info shoot me a message.

RMC

Post by RMC »

miltonite wrote:I am still playing and am the leader of the mostly dead OO guild. I just need your account name with the 4 numbers after and I can send you an invite.

I just got my necro to 80 to join my Mesmer and Warrior and have also started working on my thief a bit more, I think that character is close to 60. I enjoy the exploration and just walking around in the world more than the personal story but still do that. Add me to your friends list and shoot me a message if you see me on. I will be glad to help you out if you need or want the help.

Miltonite.9140

We have use of a friend's mumble server if you want that info shoot me a message.
Pelthin.3798 is my account. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Stuie

Post by Stuie »

miltonite wrote:I am still playing and am the leader of the mostly dead OO guild. I just need your account name with the 4 numbers after and I can send you an invite.
Stuie.4237

Good to see signs of life in this thread!
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

I sent guild and friend invites to both of you.