Guild Wars 2

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Baroquen

Re: Guild Wars 2

Post by Baroquen »

Tao wrote:Bought the game way back when and although I don't have any high level characters I figured I would install and futz around this weekend. Holy crap is their pipe small, I typically get 12MB/sec or better download from Steam and am barely getting 3MB/sec from ArenaNet, not a huge deal as I am not in a hurry. I am reading on line that Path of Fire will still require players to own Heart of Thorns to gain access to gliding and a bunch of the masteries however the ArenaNet shop no longer seems to offer the first expac. Am I missing something? Would I need to purchase from in game or something if I was interested? The official website only has the Path of Fire stuff for sale.

All I saw on the page was a line saying "Looking for Heart of Thorns? You can add it during checkout and purchase both expansions together." That surprises me, as I thought they might roll the previous expansion in with the current one, like a number of MMOs do these days. But yeah, apparently you have to buy it too.
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

Baroquen wrote: All I saw on the page was a line saying "Looking for Heart of Thorns? You can add it during checkout and purchase both expansions together." That surprises me, as I thought they might roll the previous expansion in with the current one, like a number of MMOs do these days. But yeah, apparently you have to buy it too.
That is not a surprise to me, remember that they do not have subs, they only get paid when you buy the next game. If they gave you 2/3 for free then they are leaving a lot of potential money on the table.
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

"Isg, set research engines to ludicrous speed!!" -DD*
Tao

Post by Tao »

Thanks for the info Baraquen; I did manage to find the combined pack for $50 bucks by following a Google link and then went back and looked at the main page again and saw the statement you referenced. Not sure if I want to drop $50 bucks on the game at this point...will give it a week or two of play first.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

For anyone who may be interested, the new Path of Fire xpac is live.

I haven't accessed any of it yet, still working on getting to 80 and finishing the main story. Will hopefully wrap that up this weekend...I'm *this* close to dinging 80.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I deleted my old alts of thief and ranger. Creating a new necro and ranger. Ive spent an hour now just testing out making them pretty hahaha. I haven't kept one yet. think Ill make the necro a human and the ranger a sylvan. Ranger will be male but I cant decide on the human necro. Far as I know there are no pluses or minuses for choosing male or female. People would cry foul if there was I think.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

About the elves story...
Spoiler:
Ive played the other race's story to 10 and now Ive done the plant elves. But they dont seem quite right...that or the story is simply bad. The supposedly good leader elf simply kills the supposedly bad elf in cold blood even after I gave my word to let her go. Then a bad guy I saved and healed 2 missions earlier and seems a honorable guy and considers me a friend challenges me to a duel to the death and Im forced to kill him. Which if Im not wrong leaves a total asshole in charge of the bad guys. WTH kinda story is this? lol.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I played a necro to 19 and got 100% in the first Sylvan zone, which is further than I got in the game at launch, but I'm just not feeling it. I love the attempt at seamless questing and a combination of tab-targeting and action combat, but the combat just doesn't "feel" good to me.

I want an excuse to reroll a melee class in the hope that it might click, but I'm frustrated to think this might just not be my cup of tea. I want to get absorbed in another MMOG so badly, but I just can't find one that's for me.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Milogostplayer

Post by Milogostplayer »

Recently I decided to come back to playing. does anyone from this forum still play this game?
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Milogostplayer wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:58 am Recently I decided to come back to playing. does anyone from this forum still play this game?
I've only just come back to it as well after three years. I was intrigued by the Cantha expansion and decided to reinstall the other day.

I'm SUPER casual though.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club