Elder Scrolls the MMO

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Redfive

Re: Elder Scrolls the MMO

Post by Redfive »

That seems odd to me as well.

Usually they drop better gear but it is scaled to your level.

The delves are a fun, nice change of pace from killing stuff above ground. Very similar to the ones you find on the single player games.

I will make sure to hit them because they often have a skyshard and they always have an achievement for killing the boss.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I took him down as well a night or two ago, and he dropped a level 50 sword for me. I was shocked to see that it only did 200 more damage than my level 11 sword did, and when I broke it down, it was worth no more Inspiration than a regular enchanted sword would have been. I killed him with someone else, and thought maybe a high level character had hit him and screwed the loot table up.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Sounds like he's bugged for sure. And yeah, the level 50 helmet I got wasn't much better than what I had on at level 18. Equipment in this game doesn't seem to matter that much other than the traits on it.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

I got level gear, too (before I hit level 50). I even put a couple in the Hermaeus Mora bank - 50/160.
What I've noticed about gear when you've hit level 50 is that the effectiveness goes down as your level goes up. So a sword that does 1108 when it's your level may only do 1000 when you go up a few levels - same with armor.

Thief tip: If you're not focussed on making money, each stolen item you fence gives you 1 point toward your next level of legerdemain. So if you want to get your legerdemain up quickly, don't hesitate to steal cheap stuff (even provisions). 50 fenced items = 50 points toward your next level of legerdemain.
I think I'm at about level 13 legerdemain and I think the next level is less than 300 points, so I would only have to fence 300 items. (I won't make any money at it, but that's why I peddle nirnroot and other stuff).
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Bad Demographic wrote:Thief tip: If you're not focussed on making money, each stolen item you fence gives you 1 point toward your next level of legerdemain. So if you want to get your legerdemain up quickly, don't hesitate to steal cheap stuff (even provisions). 50 fenced items = 50 points toward your next level of legerdemain.
I think I'm at about level 13 legerdemain and I think the next level is less than 300 points, so I would only have to fence 300 items. (I won't make any money at it, but that's why I peddle nirnroot and other stuff).
I didn't know that. I thought I was getting "experience" based on the value of what I was selling, but not based on what I actually collected. I'm currently up around level 8 in Legerdemain, maybe almost 9th, after a couple days of hardcore theft until I hit my Fencing cap. My character is level 14 now, and has some skills higher than his level - which strikes me as odd. Like my Class skills are around 15 or 16. My Blacksmith/Clothier/Woodcrafting skills are around 8 (just enough for the Research boost & second slot). I'm trying to be diverse.
Black Lives Matter

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I hit 15 last night, and came to the sinking realization that I simply don't have the mental energy to multi-task MMO's. I think I'm gonna have to go back to Final Fantasy XIV...I've spent waaaaay too many hours there to just give up on it. Especially with a big expansion next month.

Which probably means I'll see you all in another 6 months when I get burned out on the FF XIV end game again. :)
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Given the big nerfs to every class except mag sorcerer that are coming soon, and especially to the stam sustain builds, I decided to just bite the bullet and switch my main back to my original mag sorc character from my stam sorcerer. I've got him up to level 8 so far. I'll use my stam sorc mainly for crafting for now.

I'm still having a really good time with the game. It's fun.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Is there any good reason driving the Stamina nerf? Any logic at all?
Black Lives Matter

Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Coldsteel do you mind linking to some of the discussions of these items? I think I may have found some of it but in game the other night you also mentioned a nerf to Redguards specifically and I'd like to read about that.

--------

As far as the logic or thought process is concerned, to be honest I'm not wrapped up enough in the mechanics (i.e. math / formulas) of the game near enough to be overly concerned. I'll trust that the devs that see and deal with this everyday know what they are doing.

In my experience changes like these typically have the most effect on people wrapped up in the min / max of the end game and while I understand and support those kinds of players, I'm not one of them.

I just know that I can melt a large group of mobs in seconds with my stam sorc and I don't even have anything approaching maximized gear.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Sounds like you might be the target demographic they want to "fix" ... :?

If you log in and find that your Stamina Sorcerer takes moments instead of seconds to melt a group, will you be outraged?

I'm really enjoying the world as a whole. Everything feels very nicely detailed, and there's something to find in every nook or cranny. Maybe it's an NPC with a quest, maybe it's a chest tucked behind a rock - it makes my usual method of "go everywhere" more rewarding than most games. Often I just find walls and no goodies. I'm gaining more experience from stealing and opening doors & chests than I am from fighting.

Last night I happened upon three different groups killing three different bosses and will freely admit that it was pretty cool to know that no one was going to mind me sliding in there and laying down some damage to help. I even walked off with some neat stuff (to research). I also spent an inordinate amount of time hoofing it from Daggerfall to Storm(something?) to complete the Enchanter Daily quest. I'm not sure why there was no drop point for those goods in Daggerfall, but I didn't mind the journey and had a good time just sneaking around and looting everything in sight as I went. I collected a lot of crafting goods and equipment just by nosing around.
Black Lives Matter

wire

Post by wire »

Crafting writs are cool but as you level your crafting skill it changes where you turn in the writs. The different zones used to be more level based but with scaling it doesn't really matter anymore but the story quests still push you through a zone progression and the crafting writs are still based on that zone progression.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Redfive wrote:Coldsteel do you mind linking to some of the discussions of these items?
Here is a link to what is probably the most thoughtful (and long) post about the changes I've found.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/e ... me-to-read

Below is just one large part (under the spoiler tag). Here is a excerpted quote about the Redguard from that:
As an example Redguard:

“This will be a buff if your maximum resource is below 15,840 and a nerf if it is above.”.

The statement in itself is an Oxymoron. Why would any Redguard have less than 15,840 max Stamina? So, basically what you have said here is Redguard’s are ALL heavily nerfed. This is a huge nerf to Redguards as a single race. I think we are all puzzled why you would do this. It is pretty inconsiderate to anyone who has invested time in developing a Redguard character.
Spoiler:
The (seemingly contradictory) Declaration of War on Sustain

After reading the recent PTS patch notes, I couldn’t understand the logic to these changes, because there seems to be a large contradiction…

ZOS, as a team you are telling us that you want to rebalance the game, and that these changes you have proposed will give us a better balance. I think we all agree that some changes are needed in that area, however, with all respect, iin places t is appearing as though you are feeding us with some very transparent BS.

On the one hand you have declared war on sustain, not just by removing cost reduction from CP, then reducing recovery by 10%, but also now proposing drastic changes to 3 of the 4 classes ability to sustain (and be of use to the group). At the same time you are also introducing a new class, which basically has it’s own Engine Guardian in the form of a skill line, the baby Netch. On top of this you appear to be taking away unique proponents from 3 classes, while giving your new class these abilities. This is all very contradictory and does nothing at all for balance.

This is a very similar thing that DCUO did with Quantum, and it had disastrous consequences for that game in the mass loss of players.

The class nerfs you have added to the PTS in effect cripple 3 of the 4 classes. The most powerful of the 4 classes, the Magic Sorc, remains unchanged, while some of the weaker classes are being heavily nerfed. This is dangerous ground as you are possibly destroying something that many of us loyal players have invested a lot of time and energy into. Historically, when a game does that, it loses even its most loyal players.

There appears to be no real logic to these decisions. Why would you declare war on sustain, at the same time as releasing a class that has amazing buffs, and its very own superior ability to sustain (like an Engine Guardian)? The only conclusion many of us can make is that this has absolutely nothing to do with game balance, but in reality is a business strategy to make people buy the Warden. If this is not true, I hope you can at least see this is how it is coming across to the community due to your contradictive statements and actions.

Contradictory Patch Notes

With respect, your patch notes seem to be a slap in the face to everyone except Magic Sorcs. It also comes across as though you are presenting a pretext for change, but your reasoning is flawed with certain statements seeming contradictory.

As an example Redguard:

“This will be a buff if your maximum resource is below 15,840 and a nerf if it is above.”.

The statement in itself is an Oxymoron. Why would any Redguard have less than 15,840 max Stamina? So, basically what you have said here is Redguard’s are ALL heavily nerfed. This is a huge nerf to Redguards as a single race. I think we are all puzzled why you would do this. It is pretty inconsiderate to anyone who has invested time in developing a Redguard character.

Another example:

Siphoning: “This is a significant reduction to the Magicka and Stamina restored by these abilities, but the addition of Health restore should give Nightblades more healing to improve their survivability.”

Should? Are you unsure? Seems like a risk if you are unsure!

At first look it seems as though you have totally destroyed my main character, my Mag-Nightblade tank. Now I have to not only choose if I want to receive stamina back or magikca back, I also have a “significant reduction” to the amount restored. As a magicka tank I will of course have to choose magicka, but as a magicka tank my regen on stamina is incredibly low, so restoring stamina is going to be a MASSIVE problem. Together with a deletion of cost reduction and a heavy reduction to magicka recovery in CP, I’m sorry but it looks like my main character is dead.

As a Mag-Nightblade PvE Tank, my healing is already very good, but is solely dependant on siphoning working as it currently does, giving me an ability to restore both magicka and stamina when I run out. What keeps me alive is my ability to occasionally sustain magikca and stamina within my rotation. By significantly reducing Magica and Stamina, and by separating them into two separate morphs, you are very likely going to destroy Nightblank PvE tanks altogether. This is an incredibly unjust and inconsiderate move on your behalf. Have you even considered how this will affect Nightblade Tanks? Or was this decision purely based on DPS Nightblades in PvP?

Another example:

“In order to lower the gap between players with high and low CP…”

“This also means players with lower CP will see better initial returns and will not be quite as far behind a player with much higher CP”.

These statements seem to bring into questions such things as: What is the point of levelling? What is the point of Champion Points?

ESO is an MMORPG. In the game you start off with a low character with just a few skill points, and progress both in level and power until you hit level 50. You then further progress by earning more Champion Points so that you eventually grow in power. In a PvE setting this can feel good and feel rewarding. It seems like a natural thing as we experience this in all games.

Since One Tamriel, you have buffed new characters so they can go anywhere and fight anything in PvE, and that feels good to new players, or to long-term players who wish to be able to quickly level a new character. At level 50 the buff disappears and the character seems suddenly weaker. The player now needs to start considering set gear as well as the earning and placement of CP, and that adds a natural progression to the PvE game.

But with these new changes you are now suggesting lower CP players should be on par with higher-level players… Why? Why should a new player with less CP be able to be on the same par as a long-term player with 600CP?

In any other game a player would not even expect to be able to do that. A player would just see that as a way to progress; earn the CP, continue to level and grow in power until you are at an even keel with other end-game players. This once again seems to be a problem purely caused by PvP, yet with your suggested changes, drastically affects PvE players.

If you are going to make it so that low-level players with low CP can compete against high-end players for damage in PvE, or compete against players in PvP, then you are in effect now just making CP obsolete after already taking away Veteran Ranks. So why don’t we just altogether abandon CP and just have everyone the same at level 50 in both PvE and PvP? It’s practically the same thing.

It comes across you are not even really sure what it is that you want this game to be. It just seems as though it has become a big mess. Now you are declaring war on sustain and directly nerfing both classes and races. This isn’t fixing problems, just creating a lot of new ones.

A lot of your statements and reasoning for changes seem bizarre and this does make players wonder if any of the developers actually play the game, and I do not mean with ‘god mode’ on or just create something and have a little play for 20 mins to see how it performs, but players wonder if developers really play the game. We know it’s a job for you guys. You all work there and get a salary and this is your livelihood, but do you actually play the product you create? It’s just that from the spoiler notes giving your reasons and justifications, it really comes across that its been written by someone who doesn’t actually play the game and understand it.

If your reasoning for a change is flawed, then in reality you have provided no actual reason for the change. If you are unable to provide a fair and reasonably logic reason for the changes, then it can appear to players as though there is a hidden reason for the change, and your spoiler statements are in effect just false pretext for these changes. In this case it can and does appear the real reason for these changes are that you want to force people to buy Morrowind and play the Warden. It’s not a conspiracy theory, it’s how this is all coming across from your contradictory explanations.

The Pay-to-Win argument

I have heard this argument so many times and have never given it any time. IMO ESO has never been ‘pay-to-win’ (P2W) and I have never agreed with that argument at all. However, it is now looking like this may in fact become the case for the future.

By drastically crippling the other classes while simultaneously releasing a new class with all these abilities and great sustain, you appear to be engaging in the same type of bad business strategy DCUO did with Quantum. While we do not have class change tokens here, you are still releasing new content, which you are terming as an ‘expansion’, which has to be purchased separately.

So in effect what appears to be occurring is players are being forced to buy the new Warden class if they wish to stay relevant to group play, or remain competitive. For those players who choose not to do that, it appears all classes except for the powerful Magic Sorc, are being made ineffective, to the point of actually destroying the way those classes play. This is incredibly unfair to a great many of your players who have spent years developing their characters class and enjoy the way those classes play. It also seems that those P2W conspiracy theorists may be proven correct, because this does actually come across as P2W. EDIT: To be clear I'm not saying it is or isn't P2W, but that it's starting to appear as if it may in fact be that way with this update, and this is something you (ZOS) should be concerned about.

Many of us were excited to play Morrowind and the new Warden class.
Then you hit the community with these changes that drastically affect our characters, possibly completely breaking them. You declare war on sustain, and yet simultaneously introduce a new class that has great sustain and its very own engine guardian-like pet. It is therefore coming across as though the real reason you are doing this is to force everyone to buy Morrowind and play the new Warden; which is basically travelling down a road DCUO travelled years ago almost completely ending that game and seeing the loss of almost the entire community of long-term players.

As consumers, why should we continue to invest in your product?

Using myself as an example… I have 12 slots, all filled. Most of these slots are Nightblades, just different builds on different races, all being affected by this patch. My main character I have already described… so as a player, right now it appears that my main character and play style are possibly gone. Apart from my little army of Nightblades I have one Redguard Stam Sorc who I took a lot of time to design and love the way he looks and plays… this patch destroys him too. I have a Dragonknight, and lastly I have two Templars, a magic Tank and a Healer, all heavily affected by this patch. Ironically, the one class I don’t have is the only class not being affected by drastic nerfs, the super easy to use Magic Sorc.

So basically every single one of my 12 characters and everything I enjoy about them are possibly being crushed by these changes. So please tell me, as a consumer, why should I or anyone in my position, continue playing after June when these patches hit live? If a retailer or trader kills everything I love about a product, why should I as a consumer continue to invest in that product?

Obviously I’m not realistically expecting an answer on this, but it seems your answer might be ‘because we have this new shiny product that is just so great and does everything and more that your old product did’. In other words we are all being forced to buy something new. If this is the case and the changes going live do in fact destroy all current characters, I’m sorry, but this is will be completely unacceptable and I think many of us would just leave, if not altogether, at least until things return to normal.
EDIT: The patch note the Redguard quote above is referring to is this one:
Redguard Skills
•Adrenaline Rush: This passive ability now restores Stamina based on your character level instead of your Max Stamina.
Last edited by ColdSteel on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Great. So just as I get interested in the game, developers pull the rug out from under it and drive off a large chunk of customers? :P

I subscribed to get a lot of content for a month and see if I wanted to stay. I'm not invested in piles of characters or builds and have no idea what the end-game is like. A big thing that concerns me based on what I'm reading is that they seem hellbent on creating a very flat game where leveling is pointless except to open up different costume materials and the occasional skill. I really like a feeling of strong progression in MMO's - where a max level character may as well be a god compared to someone who just installed the game for the first time.
Black Lives Matter

ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Paingod wrote:I really like a feeling of strong progression in MMO's - where a max level character may as well be a god compared to someone who just installed the game for the first time.
Yep, that's me as well.
Bad Demographic

Paingod wrote:I also spent an inordinate amount of time hoofing it from Daggerfall to Storm(something?) to complete the Enchanter Daily quest. I'm not sure why there was no drop point for those goods in Daggerfall, but I didn't mind the journey and had a good time just sneaking around and looting everything in sight as I went. I collected a lot of crafting goods and equipment just by nosing around.
If you're on when I am and want a "quick ride" to a new delivery point, let me know. I should be able to fast travel to the delivery point, then you can travel to me. It could save you a lot of travel time - if you want.

I started playing around Christmas and there was some kind of holiday festival event going on that required that you travel all over Tamriel. I spent a lot of time riding from point to point, often having to go through multiple intervening countries to get to the next place. Traveling like that is okay but I really prefer to pick up quests and/or generally explore.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I appreciate the offer, but I actually really enjoyed the walk. I hardly used my mount as I scampered from resource node to resource node to enemy to chest. I even accidentally happened upon a "Treasure Map" (Red X) resource area with logs that yeilded 14-16 resources each. It afforded me the opportunity to pick up a few side quests and explore a lot of areas I would have otherwise missed; plus, taking part in killing three bosses :D
Black Lives Matter

Redfive

Post by Redfive »

ColdSteel wrote:
Paingod wrote:I really like a feeling of strong progression in MMO's - where a max level character may as well be a god compared to someone who just installed the game for the first time.
Yep, that's me as well.
You saw what I was doing to the mobs last night I would think that is a good demonstration of high level vs. just starting. :D

That said, to address your comment above that I might be the target demographic that would be most affected by the class changes, the point of my post earlier was that I am absolutely not that kind of player. I was in fact saying the exact opposite--I'm not overly concerned when these kinds of changes hit because I'm not a min / max player--at least not at the level that I would perceive would be greatly affected by the changes.

Trust me, a well geared CP 300+ player (I'm currently CP 79 I think) would probably make mine look almost inept. I'm speculating but I have no where near what I would call optimized gear. Heck, I'm still leveling honestly since I'm fairly low CP.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Redfive wrote:
ColdSteel wrote:
Yep, that's me as well.
You saw what I was doing to the mobs last night I would think that is a good demonstration of high level vs. just starting. :D
I saw some impressive power, to be sure, but I'm used to MMO's where a max level character walking around in a newbie area doesn't even attract attention from creatures and can do enough damage to one of them that it could kill a hundred of them if you stacked them together.

As looney as it sounds, I'm actually not a fan of "anyone can go anywhere, kill anything, and everything scales". It does open up the game in a big way for newer players, but it also marginalizes your gains on the other end of the spectrum. What I've read sounds like they're going to flatten the CP scaling as well in the next patch, to marginalize the difference between a 50CP player and a 600CP player.

While I have enjoyed exploring, I've not once felt threatened by entering a new area. One of my grandest MMO feats ever was in the original Everquest - taking a level 10 Troll across the entire world, where everything could kill me with just their body odor. The tension at every turn was great, knowing I could die any moment and be sent back to the swamp to start over. The whole purpose was to grind up Wood Elf faction until I was able to saunter by the guards and scare the crap out of a bunch of newbie Elves up in the tree town of Kelethin. I still remember the strange joy of watching one guy run from me in a panic and fall over the edge of a platform to his death.

None of this means I'm bored with ESO or quitting. It just means that I really hope the quests and environments continue to be engaging enough to keep me distracted from the fact that I don't feel like I'm getting more powerful in any significant way. I've logged a couple hundred hours in Skyrim and tend to do the same with each Elder Scrolls game all the way back to Arena. I'm likely to do the same here. :D
Black Lives Matter

ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Paingod wrote:I saw some impressive power, to be sure, but I'm used to MMO's where a max level character walking around in a newbie area doesn't even attract attention from creatures and can do enough damage to one of them that it could kill a hundred of them if you stacked them together.
To be fair, the MMOs that you reference do not have mobs that scale to your level. If you're level 50 in ESO and go to the newbie level, the mobs there will all be level 50. So it's apples and oranges. You'll still be able to beat them down easily because of all the high level skills you have acquired but it won't be like in WoW where a level 5 mob won't even aggro against a level 50. Apples and oranges.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thought about reinstalling this but have gotten back into The Witcher 3. PLUS....I still need to reinstall , mod up, and finish or at least play some more of Skyrim SE.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

ColdSteel wrote:Apples and oranges.
I know. I suppose I was trying to say that I prefer Apples over Oranges. I prefer a game with clearly defined progression that sends you further and deeper ahead to find new challenges over one that scales and lets you explore anything at your leisure.
Black Lives Matter

Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Paingod wrote:
I know. I suppose I was trying to say that I prefer Apples over Oranges. I prefer a game with clearly defined progression that sends you further and deeper ahead to find new challenges over one that scales and lets you explore anything at your leisure.
I get this and actually agree!

I went the way of Asheron's Call instead of EQ (though I have still played a couple hundred hours of EQ) and I remember seeing people talk about The Direlands and Fort Tethana. It was this place I had never seen but I had already formed a picture in my mind about how cool it was.

I remember hanging out with my patron and watching him buff for what seemed like 5 minutes so he could fight a Tusker--the only one we had ever seen--only to get killed in like 3 hits!

I remember hearing about people going to The Obsidian Plain and living to tell about it LOL.

So I get the idea of really dangerous areas you shouldn't go when you are a lowbie--but I won't let it stop me from enjoying ESO--and you already said you wouldn't.

Those earlier games rarely had the 'go anywhere and by the way make sure you check everywhere because there might be something really cool around that ridge' thing that ESO has.

I just wanted to say I know exactly what you mean.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Exactly! I've yet to hear about an area in ESO where people speak of those who have survived in hushed whispers as legends and myths. It'd be nice if there was some of that, as well as some danger in sticking my nose into places it doesn't belong - but lacking that isn't a deal breaker. So far the only true dangers I've encountered are: 1) Myself - backing into enemy groups and making things worse and 2) clearly marked bosses, oh and 3) swimming out too far (everyone does this once - once). I haven't even been able to find a place where falling damage alone will kill me.

I still stress that I'm really enjoying the theme, setting, and feel of ESO. Last night all I did was run around and perform a lot of sneaking, stealing, and crafting - and I had a good time. I'm getting to the point where it's uncommon for me to pick up a bounty when I raid a house, but that's a matter of personal skill over character skill. I had to deliberately force myself to not try and sneak around the guards :D

I do have a crafting question. Is there a place to find/collect/buy Upgrade items? I recently made myself a set of weapons and upgraded them, as well as enchanted them, and pretty much used up my entire stock of Honing Stones and had absolutely not enough of the 'blue' ingredient to improve them further.
Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

I mostly get the "upgrade" materials from deconstructing other stuff. Occasionally I get them as loot -- maybe from chests?
If you put skill points into "hirelings" (there's a hireling for each craft, I think), they will send you stuff every day and sometimes there's upgrading mats in there.

Also, if you don't want to wait, check in the guild bank - it's possible I've put some in there. I know I've put some lower level mats in there in case any of us need them, and I've put furniture-making stuff in there, too.

Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Bad Demographic wrote:I mostly get the "upgrade" materials from deconstructing other stuff. Occasionally I get them as loot -- maybe from chests?
I do deconstruct everything that I get that's not researchable. I just don't get much back (yet) from those. I could invest in skills to help bolster that.
Bad Demographic wrote:If you put skill points into "hirelings" (there's a hireling for each craft, I think), they will send you stuff every day and sometimes there's upgrading mats in there.
I have a single point in each Hireling I can get, but that was just yesterday or the day before and I haven't seen yet what they deliver (or haven't figured out how to get it).
Bad Demographic wrote:Also, if you don't want to wait, check in the guild bank - it's possible I've put some in there. I know I've put some lower level mats in there in case any of us need them, and I've put furniture-making stuff in there, too.
I don't want to burn up resources that other people in OO might use for their own (higher-level) ends and crafting. I'm okay so far with largely equipping myself with found gear. I'm one piece away from having a useful set of Werewolf gear, giving me 5 Ultimate every 5 seconds I'm taking damage.

I really want to be a Werewolf if I can get that set completed. The only drawback is that this quest to complete the change pretty much requires at least a level 30 person to get through a lot of tough fights.
Black Lives Matter

wire

Post by wire »

Redfive wrote:
Paingod wrote:
I get this and actually agree!

I went the way of Asheron's Call instead of EQ (though I have still played a couple hundred hours of EQ) and I remember seeing people talk about The Direlands and Fort Tethana. It was this place I had never seen but I had already formed a picture in my mind about how cool it was.

I remember hanging out with my patron and watching him buff for what seemed like 5 minutes so he could fight a Tusker--the only one we had ever seen--only to get killed in like 3 hits!

I remember hearing about people going to The Obsidian Plain and living to tell about it LOL.

So I get the idea of really dangerous areas you shouldn't go when you are a lowbie--but I won't let it stop me from enjoying ESO--and you already said you wouldn't.

Those earlier games rarely had the 'go anywhere and by the way make sure you check everywhere because there might be something really cool around that ridge' thing that ESO has.

I just wanted to say I know exactly what you mean.
I remember those days...I had only started playing EQ when AC was released and switched over. I never hit max level on AC...I had way more fun exploring the entire world and sitting in towns at a store identifying weapons and armor and buying good stuff to give out to guild mates. I was sad when they made it so you didn't need the skill to identify weapons and armor. I don't miss the corpse runs or the search parties when you died due to disconnect and you can't find your body and your best armor and weapon were still on your corpse. Having to carry expensive items so they dropped instead of your gear was a bit tedious. Mote drop farming...fun times :)
Bad Demographic

Paingod wrote:I don't want to burn up resources that other people in OO might use for their own (higher-level) ends and crafting.
Anything I put in the guild bank is there for any of us to use. If I've put it there it means I have a bunch of it in my own bank and/or on my characters (or no longer use, like iron ingots) - only exceptions are stuff for furniture, a few provisioning items, and fishing bait. And even those are there for any of us to use.

Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im not playing right now and when I do I dont craft so no worries from me.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Bad Demographic

Not that I'm likely to start an Argonian (now that I know about the Silver and Gold thing where you get to start in another faction area), but is there actually a real advantage to being able to swim faster?

Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I heard there are plenty of job opportunities as well - maids in particular.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Smoove_B wrote:I heard there are plenty of job opportunities as well - maids in particular.
:clap:

I started the Dark Brotherhood last night, and have assassinated two hapless individuals. I'm currently pushing character level 20, with primary skills around 20-28. My focus seems pretty well locked on two-handed, and I've started tinkering with Bows as a secondary for ranged pulling. Landing the AoE skill on top of myself also does a nice bit of damage while I brawl with something.

I spent an inordinate amount of time wandering around looking for known Werewolf spawns in Bangkorai, but with no luck. I did discover a single spawn of Vampires - they came in place of a group of Daedra that spawn in by spectacular fashion, complete with teleportation beams and a light show. I think I cleaned that spawn out 6 times, and only saw Vampires once. I'm not sure if they're the ones who can infect you, but I didn't give them a chance to hit me in melee. I don't want to contract Vampirism and block my ability to get bitten by a Werewolf.
Black Lives Matter

Bad Demographic

Are you looking for werewolves so you can be infected? Or are you looking for werewolves so you can kill them?
If the latter, there are a lot on Glenumbra - I forget the name of the town, sort of 1/3 to 1/2 way up the coast from Daggerfall, on the east side.

Black Lives Matter
Bad Demographic

Guild note: Our guild bank is nearly full. Part of this is my fault because I put in some fishing bait, a fair amount of crafting mat and any recipes/crafting motifs/furniture designs that I can't do.
I notice that there are many glyphs in there. Do they belong to anybody in particular - or can we take them to deconstruct so we can raise our enchanting? If that's okay to do, maybe we could (all) use the guild bank to exchange glyphs we've made with each other since you get a lot of inspiration points from deconstructing glyphs somebody else made.

Black Lives Matter
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

My opinion is that anything in the guild bank is there for anyone to use for any reason.

Have fun :horse:
Bad Demographic

Redfive wrote:My opinion is that anything in the guild bank is there for anyone to use for any reason.

Thanks!
And in case any of you weren't sure, anything I've put in the bank is there for others to use. If there are crafting mats you need, post it here and if I can get them I'll add them to the guild bank.

Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Bad Demographic wrote:Are you looking for werewolves so you can be infected?
Yup. Research indicates natural spawns of infecting Werewolves somewhere in the region. I just haven't seen one. Apparently there's a trio of people that spawn randomly, and you need to do a AoE to trigger them to attack you - and they can infect you. At least, I think that's it. My research may be old, outdated, or incomplete.

I've killed gobs of the "Common" Werewolves elsewhere and never gotten any kind of infection from them, not so much as an infected scratch. It's like they keep themselves sterilized and maul you while wearing dental dams.
Black Lives Matter

DOS=HIGH

Post by DOS=HIGH »

Paingod wrote:
Bad Demographic wrote:Are you looking for werewolves so you can be infected?
Yup. Research indicates natural spawns of infecting Werewolves somewhere in the region. I just haven't seen one. Apparently there's a trio of people that spawn randomly, and you need to do a AoE to trigger them to attack you - and they can infect you. At least, I think that's it. My research may be old, outdated, or incomplete.

I've killed gobs of the "Common" Werewolves elsewhere and never gotten any kind of infection from them, not so much as an infected scratch. It's like they keep themselves sterilized and maul you while wearing dental dams.
If you see @leprosy in the guild on just holler and I can give you the bite/scratch/whatever. You'll only see the werewolves/vamps at night and I believe certain moon phases. I somehow got both, on different characters obviously, without even realizing it. Unfortunately my werewolf is on a magic build and vamp on a stam build, so I don't really use their abilities much.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Bad Demographic wrote:
Redfive wrote:My opinion is that anything in the guild bank is there for anyone to use for any reason.

Thanks!
And in case any of you weren't sure, anything I've put in the bank is there for others to use. If there are crafting mats you need, post it here and if I can get them I'll add them to the guild bank.
Experienced MMO players tend to be bank-shy, as guild banks usually have elaborate rules as to who can take what and how. One guild I was in required payment of 1/2 market value, another required that any item of a certain item level or above only be taken by people actively raiding, etc.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Bad Demographic

Blackhawk wrote:
Bad Demographic wrote:

Thanks!
Experienced MMO players tend to be bank-shy, as guild banks usually have elaborate rules as to who can take what and how. One guild I was in required payment of 1/2 market value, another required that any item of a certain item level or above only be taken by people actively raiding, etc.
I will keep that in mind for a) the other guild I'm in (where I don't even use the bank) and b) if I ever play another MMO.

Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

DOS=HIGH wrote:If you see @leprosy in the guild on just holler and I can give you the bite/scratch/whatever.
If you don't mind. :D

I think I've read that you can only do that once per week, so I don't want to steal anyone else's thunder. I'm usually on sometime after 8:00pm EST.
Black Lives Matter