Elder Scrolls the MMO

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Bad Demographic

Re: Elder Scrolls the MMO

Post by Bad Demographic »

Hey Redfive, did you want those Daedric Thrones for your house? They came back in the mail. If you want them, I'll send.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Sorry, BD I just haven't logged on to accept them.

I'm trying to get the most out of my seasonal Diablo 3 character before the inevitable burn out happens, at which point I'm sure I'll be back to ESO.

I'll try to log in over the next day or two.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Papa Smurph

Post by Papa Smurph »

With the recent steam sale, I bought a copy of his game for my wife, son and myself. We are all enjoying it, esp. me. I would love to join the OO guild. I messaged Wire in game, but I'm not sure he was the correct person to message. Who can invite me to the guild?

Also, who is still playing this? Would love to add some people to my friends list.
Bad Demographic

If you don't hear from wire (@rwire), you can also check with me. In game I'm Bdr2017_ESO. I'm on pretty frequently.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Stuie

Post by Stuie »

Papa Smurph wrote: Also, who is still playing this? Would love to add some people to my friends list.
I still check in from time to time. @Stuie if you want to add me in game. Also, if you ever need a healer for group stuff just let me know and we can set up a time to play. :D
Bad Demographic

One of you put aetherial dust in the guild bank - maybe Papa Smurf? If you'd like, I'm in an active trading guild so I could easily sell it for you - it's worth quite a lot - or you can save it. If you want to save it for the future, it might be a good idea to keep it in your bank instead of the guild bank.
Let me know if you want me to sell it for you.

Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Stupid modern world. I know I own this. Ive played it multiple times. yet now I cant find it. Not sure where I own it. I dont own it on Steam it seems and Im pretty sure its not a physical copy I own. Its not in Bethesdas app. Not sure where the hell I own it.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Is it possible you remember playing during a free weekend and never actually purchased it?
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Nope I own it. ive deleted and reinstalled multiple times.

I found it on bethsofts webpage. I had to ask for my ID to log in. Its showing active beta but it also shows on another page where I own it and can play all I want. But I cant seem to register it at Steam like I can many games. Would make it so much easier. Its been installing for 1 hour and its at 9%...going to be a while. ill most likely log in..look around...and delete it again. Im in a rut where nothing draws me to play.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

It's been through many big changes, but it's still interesting to see this, especially considering all the doom and gloom of the first several pages.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Alefroth wrote:It's been through many big changes, but it's still interesting to see this, especially considering all the doom and gloom of the first several pages.
I'm on a bit of break right now but this is an outstanding game.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I got tired of waiting and cancelled the install. After over 2 hours it was barely 20% done and I have other stuff to be doing and playing.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Redfive wrote:
Alefroth wrote:It's been through many big changes, but it's still interesting to see this, especially considering all the doom and gloom of the first several pages.
I'm on a bit of break right now but this is an outstanding game.
I agree. I'm working my way through Mordor in LotRO with my wife right now, but once we're done, look forward to doing Morrowind.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ale how is LotRO now days in its free form? I was a beta tester then played almost a year of pay to play then left. I returned when it went free but it seemed very restrictive on free players and got no fun out of it. Not sure if it was that bad or I thought it was based on having it all open to me as a pay to play player before that.

EDIT: Would I be a 'premium' player since I paid for the game and used to sub?
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I'm playing as VIP, so I can't say for sure. I know you have to buy quest packs for regions. Supposedly you can do the Epic quests (the main storyline) all the way up to the fall of Sauron for free, just not any side quests unless you buy the packs. That would bring you up to the latest expansion, Mordor, which you'd have to purchase to continue. You can purchase quest packs with currency you can earn in game, and they usually have discounted bundle sales.

As far as the game itself, it's still mostly engaging and enjoyable. There were some stretches where they seemed to just be going through the motions, but WB is out as the publisher, and things are improving.

The game has got even better looking, but suffers from some hitching and lag.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Alefroth wrote:The game has got even better looking, but suffers from some hitching and lag.
Yeah, after the Morrowind expansion I started having performance issues. It was nice and smooth for me previous to that. It also takes forever to load and the player models are black for quite a while before the textures suddenly pop in. It never did that before the expansion.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Might be fun then because I didn't play it as a power player to get through it. I enjoyed fishing all day or playing music back when it was brand new.
Stuie

Post by Stuie »

After leaving to play mainly on EU last year, I've been drawn back to the NA server for reasons. I'm on quite a bit so if anyone ever wants to group for a dungeon or something give me a chat and I'm happy to help out.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its never good to get the urge to play this while playing Skyrim. I cant play both at once I dont think. but there is the urge to try.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Started out by deleting half my characters. 3 of them. Because there were some duplicates...like two nightblades and two dragonknights. Then I seem to remember that base classes can lead to other classes down the road...maybe. Cant recall that. Anyways now I have 4 character. One of each class minus the warden since I dont own Morrowind.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Seems I've forgotten EVERYTHING. I made an orc templar and whats the first thing I do?...add points to skills and not pay much attention doing it. Now I have some attack skills and a heal but im now seeing I could have added those points to my weapons and not one of three types of attack areas. So I have a magic spear attack but I could have used those points in my 2 handed skill or something.

I have just done the first quest at the start town so Im thinking I should read up on the class and start over with either a new character or deleting this oen and making another new Templar. Dont want to be gimped from the start. Never played Templar before but I dont think ti would matter as I dont remember any of it and cant play my high lvls any better. Also I made an orc for the templar and that is probably not the best choice either. Got a lot of reading to do.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok after reading for nearly 1 hour I find I know nothing more than when I started. Since I dont know what Im doing Im going to stick with the guy I have and put the heaviest armor on him and the largest weapons. Then ill just randomly choose skills and spend points. As long as I can hit stuff and heal myself as I go Ill keep doing what Im doing.
Stuie

Post by Stuie »

Try using the new Skill Advisor on the Skills screen. You can select what role you envision for your character and then it will guide your skill choices. When you select the role you want to play from the advisor, it will put a frame around skills that align with the role chosen. It works pretty well from what I've seen, with the caveat that I've only leveled one character with it.
Bad Demographic

Also, if you don't want to have to redo your quests, you should be able to find a temple where you can change your skills - also your attributes, I think.
I'm not sure where the temples are that allow you to do this - maybe in the capital city of the alliance you're in (maybe Elden Root in Grahtwood, Wayrest in Stormhaven, and I don't know yet what the capital of the Ebonheart pact is).

I should respec the attributes on my main character since I spread his points around among health, magicka and stamina. Apparently it's best to load most of your attribute points into either stamina for any kind of fighter or magicka. Health for tank?

Black Lives Matter
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:50 pm Its never good to get the urge to play this while playing Skyrim. I cant play both at once I dont think. but there is the urge to try.
That's true dedication.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thanks Ill try both those suggestions. The skill advisor will be very helpful Im betting.
DOS=HIGH

Post by DOS=HIGH »

I haven't been playing much other than popping on to do daily crafting quest or two but wanted to let people know they are having a sale on the Thieves Guild & Dark Brotherhood DLC. 500 crowns each, normally they are 2000 crowns each so it's a great deal.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Dark Brotherhood DLC is outstanding.

I'm on an extended break (but will return!) from ESO so I haven't finished it but the ability to insta-kill mobs (for greatly reduced xp) is so fun.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im building my new Templar on the skill advisor. Hope its right. Without it I dont know if I put my 1 new point into my weapon or my spell or a heal. I still am not sure on magica, health, or stamina..Im just randomly choosing those. More health and stam at the early lvls and more magica later.
Stuie

Post by Stuie »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:15 am Im building my new Templar on the skill advisor. Hope its right. Without it I dont know if I put my 1 new point into my weapon or my spell or a heal. I still am not sure on magica, health, or stamina..Im just randomly choosing those. More health and stam at the early lvls and more magica later.
There's really no "wrong" way to build a character, as long as you're having fun and the character is working for you in-game.

There are, however, "optimal" ways to build characters to be most effective for the end-game content. You don't really need to worry about that at this point since you're still learning the game. Don't stress out about where you put your attribute points; you'll get a scroll as a level-up reward later that lets you respec your attributes (you get one for skills, too), and there's a shrine you can visit in-game to respec, although that will cost you some gold.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I decided to redownload. 67.8 G thanks to preloading DLCs that I don't want.
I may be able to play it again in July.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Only 18 hours and 46 minutes to go.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Need some advice / info.

As a Templar do I need to use any wep other than two handers? Im thinking its a waste since Im an Orc and Templar and its listed in my skills and lvl ups.

I have 4 or 5 glyphs listed as armor enchanting. I want to do blacksmith and brewing/cooking a bit. But Im carrying my 70 item limit SO much and my bank is full. Should I store this and just sell all the things like carrots and plants and such?

I just dont know what to keep...what to pick up as loot....and what to grab to sell. I try to keep named magic items like weps and armor even if I dont wear it. Im lvl 12 or so now I thiink maybe a little more. Im in Daggerfall and just rescued Lyris.

To add...I now have my own room and if I can figure out how and afford it I plan to add some storage chests.

Seems 3/4 the items Im carry say for beverage and food making. Then theres some items Ive got better of like a necklace but it wont let me sell the old one. Tempted to sell all and destroy the rest. But I could really craft a lot of food and brew if I knew the recipe.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Aaaaand Im a Templar can I join the fighters guild or some merc group in the inn? I just dont know a thing lol
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

6 hours.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
DOS=HIGH

Post by DOS=HIGH »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:53 am Need some advice / info.

As a Templar do I need to use any wep other than two handers? Im thinking its a waste since Im an Orc and Templar and its listed in my skills and lvl ups.
Using only one weapon type is fine, you just limit your number of potential abilities. If you wanted to become a healer for dungeons or raids then you would want to start using a resto staff or 1-handed weapon/shield to become a tank.
I have 4 or 5 glyphs listed as armor enchanting. I want to do blacksmith and brewing/cooking a bit. But Im carrying my 70 item limit SO much and my bank is full. Should I store this and just sell all the things like carrots and plants and such?
Glyphs are good for buffing stats, especially if you find yourself weak in one. Otherwise just sell them, unless you want to learn enchanting then use them for deconstructing. Cooking is very handy but holding onto ingredients will kill your inventory space until you can build it up. Did you get a mount and start learning inventory space for it daily? It's only one extra slot a day but it adds up. I'll throw some gold in guild bank to so you can upgrade your inventory space and buy a mount if needed. If you're not going to learn alchemy just sell plants. Have you started blacksmithing? If not then you should, then deconstruct the heavy armor & metal weapons you don't need, it will help level a lot and get you some materials. Doing the quest so you have access to the daily crafting writs will also help leveling a bunch.
I just dont know what to keep...what to pick up as loot....and what to grab to sell. I try to keep named magic items like weps and armor even if I dont wear it. Im lvl 12 or so now I thiink maybe a little more. Im in Daggerfall and just rescued Lyris.

To add...I now have my own room and if I can figure out how and afford it I plan to add some storage chests.

The storage chest can only be bought with crowns or crafting writs which you can't get until you can do max level crafting daily.

Seems 3/4 the items Im carry say for beverage and food making. Then theres some items Ive got better of like a necklace but it wont let me sell the old one. Tempted to sell all and destroy the rest. But I could really craft a lot of food and brew if I knew the recipe.

The simple answer is to sell everything you aren't going to use. The long answer is a bit complicated until you learn what items have value to other players and you join a trading guild to sell them.

Aaaaand Im a Templar can I join the fighters guild or some merc group in the inn? I just dont know a thing lol

You can join both the fighters and mages guild and might as well for perks. The mercenary group gives you access to dungeon daily quest and a currency for buying some good stuff, so join if you like running dungeons.
DOS=HIGH

Post by DOS=HIGH »

Well I just deposited 50k gold in gbank but just realized you probably don't have access to it. So the current GM can figure out how to give it to you. :D
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

id you get a mount and start learning inventory space for it daily? It's only one extra slot a day but it adds up. I'll throw some gold in guild bank to so you can upgrade your inventory space and buy a mount if needed. If you're not going to learn alchemy just sell plants. Have you started blacksmithing? If not then you should, then deconstruct the heavy armor & metal weapons you don't need, it will help level a lot and get you some materials. Doing the quest so you have access to the daily crafting writs will also help leveling a bunch.
I have a horse but I just use it for riding around. Didn't know it had space.

I decon some stuff and build stuff and sell it.

I dont think Im guilded. Ive been gone a long time and just made this guy. I think my old characters were guilded a long time ago. Will look. I didn't even click on the guild bank thinking Im not in one.

Thanks for the info help.

Also Prophet is annoying hahaha. At lvl 12 I visited his cave and did his thing. Got back to town and he called again. Went back and saved the nord. Got back to town and he has called me again soon as I get to the gate lol.
DOS=HIGH

Post by DOS=HIGH »

Accounts are guilded not your character so you're still in the OO guild. If there's something you need in gbank I wouldn't be shy about taking it, it's pretty full. I know some of us left food/drink buffs in there but I think the better ones start at level 15. I can always restock it it if needed.

After they changed the leveling zone scale the main quest line is no longer tied to your character level, so you can finish the main quest before level 30 or sooner. You can also port to the Prophets Cave from any shrine.

Go to the stables in any city and there is a npc there to talk to for upgrading inventory, mount speed, or mount stamina every 16 or 20? hours for 250 gold.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im low on gold. Everything I loot is not worth a lot yet. Ill check the stables. TY> Also guess I should figure out how to use the horses INV lol.

I checked the bank. Just skimmed it. Didn't take anything and have nothing to leave yet.

All i really want right now is a pet. I need to find out how to get that.