Elder Scrolls the MMO

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

dbt1949

Re: Elder Scrolls the MMO

Post by dbt1949 »

I bought the Gold edition when I got this. I believe it's supposed to come with a horse.
Where in the hell is it?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

dbt1949 wrote:I bought the Gold edition when I got this. I believe it's supposed to come with a horse.
Where in the hell is it?
Go to the "Collections" tab and click on the "Mounts" tab there. Your horse should be there. Check the box to make him active. After that, you can call him with the "h" key.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic »

ColdSteel wrote:
dbt1949 wrote:I bought the Gold edition when I got this. I believe it's supposed to come with a horse.
Where in the hell is it?
Go to the "Collections" tab and click on the "Mounts" tab there. Your horse should be there. Check the box to make him active. After that, you can call him with the "h" key.
And if you have multiple characters, they can all use the horse. Note - any "upgrades" you make to your horse (carry more, higher stamina, go faster). You get upgrades at the stable - but only the character who pays for an upgrade gets that benefit.
So if character 1 pays for 10% faster and character 2 pays for 10 more stamina, character 1 won't get the stamina gain (only the speed gain) and character 2 won't get the speed gain (only the stamina).
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Okay, I have a Palomino horse. To get it I have to get a Storm Atronach Crown Crate.
I looked in the Crown Store and didn't find any by that name.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Okay, I just read about it. It is now "out of season" and I'm fucked.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Bad Demographic

Did you try just hitting "h"?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

dbt1949 wrote:Okay, I just read about it. It is now "out of season" and I'm fucked.
I don't think you can be out of season for something you purchased. The horse should be right inside your "Collections" menu, and selected by clicking it and then pressing "H" while in the game and not moving. If you're moving, "H" doesn't work. There's a whole "whistling for the horse" animation that needs to play. If it's not showing up in the Collections menu under mounts, I would start asking questions like "Did you create your account on ESO and then buy the game on Steam?" to see if there was some disconnect between the purchase and the active account you're using.

This "Collections" menu is also where you enable Pets, Costumes, Attitudes, and other "Bonus" elements of your character.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

dbt1949 wrote:Okay, I have a Palomino horse. To get it I have to get a Storm Atronach Crown Crate.
No, absolutely not. The Palomino horse is automatically added to your account for those with the digital gold version (DVD version has to redeem a code to get it). Some people have had a problem with getting it however. The below is from the ESO help page. If it's not showing up in your mounts tab, you'll need to contact their customer support to get it sorted out.
Why am I missing the DLC and Palomino Horse after redeeming The Elder Scrolls Online Gold Edition on PC/Mac?

Updated 04/17/2017 12:02 PM Published 12/20/2016 06:06 PM
We are aware of an issue that can stop some players from receiving the DLC and Palomino Horse bonuses that are included with Gold Edition of The Elder Scrolls Online.
If you experience this issue, you should contact ESO Customer Support.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Hey Coldsteel, BDR and I were chatting in guild last night when someone in the trade guild put up a pair of legendary Necropotence pants for sale.

I would have bought them for you but

1) you can't use them until CP 160

and

b) they were 100k and that would have left me with 1,100 walking around money :P
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Well, I tried hitting the "h" button but I got a homosexual instead of a horse.

No, I got my horse okay. :wink:
This game definitely needs some better training instructions for newbies like me.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Oh, and how do I get back to the OO Guild?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Redfive wrote:Hey Coldsteel, BDR and I were chatting in guild last night when someone in the trade guild put up a pair of legendary Necropotence pants for sale.

and

b) they were 100k and that would have left me with 1,100 walking around money :P
:D Haha, thanks for thinking about me. I've been keeping my eye on the guild stores to see if I could snag anything. Is 'legendary' the gold colored gear? If so, wow, I've never even seen one in any of the stores. They must be very rare.

I've got a full set of Necropotence gear now and a full set of Elegance gear too so I get the bonuses from both sets. My weakness is the Elegance gloves. They're only level 16 but I was lucky to be able to find them in a guild store. I'll upgrade as soon as I can find something closer to my level.

I love the new build. I never die anymore and everything dies so fast. And great AOE damage. I love being able to attack 5 or 6 mobs now without worrying about it. I'm almost level 30 and having a great time.
Bad Demographic

dbt1949 wrote:Oh, and how do I get back to the OO Guild?
To chat with us in Guild:
hit Enter key (to enable chat)
in the box at the bottom of the chat window type /guild1 or /g1 and then hit the space bar

It just occurred to me to ask - are you playing on a PC, a mac or one of the consoles.

Paingod: pasting in that screenshot was an excellent idea.

Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

PC all the way!
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Bad Demographic wrote:Paingod: pasting in that screenshot was an excellent idea.
I've been supporting end-users for more than a decade now. Sometimes the best way to convey an idea is to simply show them. :D
Redfive wrote:Hey Coldsteel, BDR and I were chatting in guild last night when someone in the trade guild put up a pair of legendary Necropotence pants for sale.

and

They were also "Training" right? :P
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Bad Demographic

dbt1949 wrote:PC all the way!
Whew. It suddenly occurred to me that I was giving you instructions for pc play and, therefore, they might not be all that helpful.

Black Lives Matter
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Anyone interested in some group play this evening / weekend?

Figure we can run a couple of dungeons..get some loot (that we wouldn't otherwise have access to), hang out.

Doesn't even have to be instanced dungeons..we could go clear all the delves in a zone or something even though that would be super easy.

The cool part is you only have to be level 10 to group so anyone can participate--even you DBT as long as you get that last level!
Stuie

Post by Stuie »

Redfive wrote:Anyone interested in some group play this evening / weekend?

Figure we can run a couple of dungeons..get some loot (that we wouldn't otherwise have access to), hang out.

Doesn't even have to be instanced dungeons..we could go clear all the delves in a zone or something even though that would be super easy.

The cool part is you only have to be level 10 to group so anyone can participate--even you DBT as long as you get that last level!
I'd definitely be interested if the timing is right. I've been slowly leveling my PC NA characters but have gone mostly solo so far (or dungeons with randoms). Would be nice to connect with some OO people. :D
Bad Demographic

Redfive wrote:Anyone interested in some group play this evening / weekend?

I could play tonight. I only have 2 characters I could use, both are 50/160. One is a khajiit nightblade using dual wield & bow and, of course, sneak. The other is a daedra summoning sorcerer who can also do some healing.

Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I did reach level 10 last night.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Bad Demographic

Does anybody have a preference for dungeons?
I'm up for most things but would also like to do things in Malabal Tor - I'm trying to replace my old Thunderbug Carapace set. But I can do other places.

Black Lives Matter
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Bad Demographic wrote:Does anybody have a preference for dungeons?
I'm up for most things but would also like to do things in Malabal Tor - I'm trying to replace my old Thunderbug Carapace set. But I can do other places.

Sounds good to me! Just want to hang out a bit.

It will probably be about 830 central time for me possibly 9.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Had fun last night working through the dungeons.

That one fight on Tempest Island would have been much smoother if we actually had a tank but overall I think we did great. Got some nice xp and was able to finally equip the chest piece I'd been holding onto since we ran Fungal Grotto a couple of weeks ago.

The werewolf and to a lesser extent vampire things are not for me but it was cool seeing you do your thing Paingod.

I mentioned it last night but mostly I enjoyed a break from the soloing.
Bad Demographic

Yeah, that one fight was really tough. I wonder if it would have gone a little better if I'd run my sorcerer instead of the khajiit nightblade?

Thanks for going through the delves with me. I had done them a while ago but I want to upgrade my Thunderbug Carapace armor instead of running with stuff well below my current level. Unfortunately, all I picked up last night was Spinner gear, but I can give that to the sorcerer.

Black Lives Matter
Bad Demographic

Just got my first Sealed Writ - a woodworking writ.
I can't do it so I thought I'd offer it up here first (I can do all but the style). Here are the particulars:
Ruby Ash Shield
Quality: Epic
Trait: Infused
Set: Whitestrake's Retribution
Style: Assassin's League
Reward: 6 Writ Vouchers

Since we were talking about trying to get training dummies for the Guild House (can you use writ vouchers for training dummies?), I thought it would be good to give to an member of the Acolytes of Hermaeus Mora.

Black Lives Matter
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

I know literally nothing about writs so can't help until I look into it.

I'll run delves any time you want. An achievement / skyshard is always worth it.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Why do we bother leveling when they just make the monsters proportionately harder?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Stuie

Post by Stuie »

dbt1949 wrote:Why do we bother leveling when they just make the monsters proportionately harder?
My understanding is that the monsters stay the same (equivalent to CP160); *you* are scaled to match the monsters until you reach CP160, then you surpass them as you continue accruing CPs.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

What's CP?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Bad Demographic

dbt1949 wrote:What's CP?
I think - Champion Points. Think of them as post level-50 levels. I think once you hit 50 you don't get character points anymore (the ones you use on Stamina, Health and Magicka). Instead, you get champion points that you spend in a different way.

Black Lives Matter
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Bad Demographic wrote:
dbt1949 wrote:What's CP?
I think - Champion Points. Think of them as post level-50 levels. I think once you hit 50 you don't get character points anymore (the ones you use on Stamina, Health and Magicka). Instead, you get champion points that you spend in a different way.

This is correct. You can see the champion points, it's one of the menu selections at the top of the screen. It's done very similar to Skyrim's skill constellations.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

My new Mag Sorcerer build relies on pets and heavy lightning attacks to work. Today I read the new patch notes for changes they made on the Morrowind test server and what did they just nerf? Yep, pets and heavy attacks. I give up.
Bad Demographic

ColdSteel wrote:My new Mag Sorcerer build relies on pets and heavy lightning attacks to work. Today I read the new patch notes for changes they made on the Morrowind test server and what did they just nerf? Yep, pets and heavy attacks. I give up.
Well crap. My sorcerer relies on pets, too. - and lightning.

Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

FWIW, I've played a lot of MMOs.

Chasing the nerf is never useful unless you're a high-end raider. Every class, every build, and every skill will eventually be nerfed or buffed. What is best will change, then change back. If you pay too much attention to what is being nerfed, you'll never have a long-term character.

Besides, while they sometimes overcompensate, nerfs usually do mean that something was unbalanced, and you were playing the game on an unintentional 'easy' mode.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Are you guys talking about all those little companions that everybody has to help them fight?
I was thinking I'd like one and if they are still going to have them how do I get one?
I guess I have a couple of non supporting pets but I don't need them.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Bad Demographic

dbt1949 wrote:Are you guys talking about all those little companions that everybody has to help them fight?
I was thinking I'd like one and if they are still going to have them how do I get one?
I guess I have a couple of non supporting pets but I don't need them.
There's a class - maybe called sorcerer? - who can summon daedra. I have two of them, one for group play and one for solo. If I recall correctly, you start out with an imp who you can, later, morph into a clanfaer. You can also summon a winged twilight. The ultimate for the daedric line is a storm atronach who will zap enemies but does not move around.

Black Lives Matter
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Blackhawk wrote:Chasing the nerf is never useful unless you're a high-end raider.
Not in this MMO. Once you hit 50 there's something called vMA (veteran Maelstrom Arena) which is PvE and stupid hard. If you don't have a solo build that's built to survive it, you will not advance any further in the game and get better equipment. This unfortunately limits you to just a handful of viable builds and you have to plan yours carefully with this end goal in mind from the beginning. I don't like it because it really limits build diversity and consequently fun, but that's just the way they decided to do things. My current build, that I have put 30+ levels into, is a build designed to survive vMA. Now it's no longer viable and I'll need to find something else if I want to be able to progress later on. To say this is discouraging is an understatement. I will wait a week until the big update is out and if there's no way to recover from this, then I'm done with ESO. It's not worth the bother since, as you say, whatever build I pick to recover will probably just get nerfed in a following patch.

It's worth noting that all of these nerfs are in the name of PvP balance but also heavily affects all of those that only play the game PvE, which is by far the vast majority. They do not separate their PvP skill adjustments from their PvE skill adjustments like most MMOs do now and it's beyond stupid.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Can you link to those notes?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

ColdSteel wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:Chasing the nerf is never useful unless you're a high-end raider.
. This unfortunately limits you to just a handful of viable builds and you have to plan yours carefully with this end goal in mind from the beginning.
Then that is a serious flaw in the game. Balance in MMOs always gets changed. If what you're saying is accurate, then every single character will eventually be made unplayable.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Redfive wrote:Can you link to those notes?
This is what I saw for the pts notes:
Nightblade
- Grim Focus will require 5 light attacks to proc, but no longer requires you to recast the ability when the proc is fired to maintain Grim Focus (multiple procs per Grim Focus cast)

Sorcerers
- Volatile Familiar will get nerfed DPS-wise (they are way too strong right now)

Dragonknight
- Some stuff will get reduced in cost

Warden
- Magicka Warden DPS is currently atrociously low. They are getting buffed to be on par (will be quite huge if actually done!) ..... they might not be on PTS unfortunately but will arrive in Early Access May 22nd for sure.

Stamina DPS
- Blade Cloak from the Dual Wield skill line now grants 25% resistance to AoE damage (up from 20%) and trial boss AoE skills that once were considered non-AoEs have been fixed. Nice Stamina survivability buff

The controversial/probably good changes:
- Light attacks deal more damage
- Heavy attacks deal less damage but restore more resources
- Quicker Destruction staff/Bow heavy attacks