Elder Scrolls the MMO

All discussions regarding PC gaming.

Moderators: Arcanis, LawBeefaroni

Bad Demographic

Re: Elder Scrolls the MMO

Post by Bad Demographic » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:31 pm

Hey Redfive, did you want those Daedric Thrones for your house? They came back in the mail. If you want them, I'll send.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire
He who haha's last, haha's best. ~ Nelson Muntz
Books Read in 2012
Books Read in 2013
Books Read in 2014
Books Read in 2015

Redfive

Post by Redfive » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:54 am

Sorry, BD I just haven't logged on to accept them.

I'm trying to get the most out of my seasonal Diablo 3 character before the inevitable burn out happens, at which point I'm sure I'll be back to ESO.

I'll try to log in over the next day or two.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive

Papa Smurph

Post by Papa Smurph » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:36 am

With the recent steam sale, I bought a copy of his game for my wife, son and myself. We are all enjoying it, esp. me. I would love to join the OO guild. I messaged Wire in game, but I'm not sure he was the correct person to message. Who can invite me to the guild?

Also, who is still playing this? Would love to add some people to my friends list.

Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:56 am

If you don't hear from wire (@rwire), you can also check with me. In game I'm Bdr2017_ESO. I'm on pretty frequently.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire
Books Read in 2012
Books Read in 2013
Books Read in 2014
Books Read in 2015

Stuie

Post by Stuie » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:28 am

Papa Smurph wrote: Also, who is still playing this? Would love to add some people to my friends list.
I still check in from time to time. @Stuie if you want to add me in game. Also, if you ever need a healer for group stuff just let me know and we can set up a time to play. :D

Bad Demographic

Post by Bad Demographic » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:42 am

One of you put aetherial dust in the guild bank - maybe Papa Smurf? If you'd like, I'm in an active trading guild so I could easily sell it for you - it's worth quite a lot - or you can save it. If you want to save it for the future, it might be a good idea to keep it in your bank instead of the guild bank.
Let me know if you want me to sell it for you.
Books Read in 2012
Books Read in 2013
Books Read in 2014
Books Read in 2015

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:47 pm

Stupid modern world. I know I own this. Ive played it multiple times. yet now I cant find it. Not sure where I own it. I dont own it on Steam it seems and Im pretty sure its not a physical copy I own. Its not in Bethesdas app. Not sure where the hell I own it.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:25 pm

Is it possible you remember playing during a free weekend and never actually purchased it?

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:52 pm

Nope I own it. ive deleted and reinstalled multiple times.

I found it on bethsofts webpage. I had to ask for my ID to log in. Its showing active beta but it also shows on another page where I own it and can play all I want. But I cant seem to register it at Steam like I can many games. Would make it so much easier. Its been installing for 1 hour and its at 9%...going to be a while. ill most likely log in..look around...and delete it again. Im in a rut where nothing draws me to play.
GroovAtroN, stop asking

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:20 pm

It's been through many big changes, but it's still interesting to see this, especially considering all the doom and gloom of the first several pages.

Redfive

Post by Redfive » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:26 pm

Alefroth wrote:It's been through many big changes, but it's still interesting to see this, especially considering all the doom and gloom of the first several pages.
I'm on a bit of break right now but this is an outstanding game.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:46 pm

I got tired of waiting and cancelled the install. After over 2 hours it was barely 20% done and I have other stuff to be doing and playing.
GroovAtroN, stop asking

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:50 am

Redfive wrote:
Alefroth wrote:It's been through many big changes, but it's still interesting to see this, especially considering all the doom and gloom of the first several pages.
I'm on a bit of break right now but this is an outstanding game.
I agree. I'm working my way through Mordor in LotRO with my wife right now, but once we're done, look forward to doing Morrowind.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:09 am

Ale how is LotRO now days in its free form? I was a beta tester then played almost a year of pay to play then left. I returned when it went free but it seemed very restrictive on free players and got no fun out of it. Not sure if it was that bad or I thought it was based on having it all open to me as a pay to play player before that.

EDIT: Would I be a 'premium' player since I paid for the game and used to sub?
GroovAtroN, stop asking

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:37 pm

I'm playing as VIP, so I can't say for sure. I know you have to buy quest packs for regions. Supposedly you can do the Epic quests (the main storyline) all the way up to the fall of Sauron for free, just not any side quests unless you buy the packs. That would bring you up to the latest expansion, Mordor, which you'd have to purchase to continue. You can purchase quest packs with currency you can earn in game, and they usually have discounted bundle sales.

As far as the game itself, it's still mostly engaging and enjoyable. There were some stretches where they seemed to just be going through the motions, but WB is out as the publisher, and things are improving.

The game has got even better looking, but suffers from some hitching and lag.

ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:23 pm

Alefroth wrote:The game has got even better looking, but suffers from some hitching and lag.
Yeah, after the Morrowind expansion I started having performance issues. It was nice and smooth for me previous to that. It also takes forever to load and the player models are black for quite a while before the textures suddenly pop in. It never did that before the expansion.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:16 pm

Might be fun then because I didn't play it as a power player to get through it. I enjoyed fishing all day or playing music back when it was brand new.
GroovAtroN, stop asking