Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

Watch Dogs

All discussions regarding PC gaming.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis

jztemple2

Re: Watch Dogs

Post by jztemple2 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:06 pm

Paingod wrote:I suppose the question should be: Is getting out on a boat an easy way to break any police chase, no matter how massive, or did they shore up that exploit?
If you can get to a boat and get going, you can break contact before the police show up. I really don't think that's an exploit, there just aren't a lot of police boats.
"A plan is a list of things that go wrong. I like to keep my lists short. Just be ready." - Rico Rodriguez

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:52 pm

From Blue's News
Get Watch_Dogs for Free
[Nov 06, 2017, 8:23 pm ET]
Ubisoft is offering the chance to get a free copy of the original Watch_Dogs for PC through UPlay beginning tomorrow at 11:00 am EST. A tweet earlier today acknowledges an issue redeeming this offer and preloading the game, but a subsequent tweet says this is cleared up now, so if you had trouble with this before, you should try again. This offer will run until November 13th, but you will be entitled to keep the game thereafter.
"A plan is a list of things that go wrong. I like to keep my lists short. Just be ready." - Rico Rodriguez

gameoverman

Post by gameoverman » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:16 pm

So I picked this up for free, never looked into these games before. Is there a mod scene for it like with GTA? I love playing around with modding games and this would be a prime candidate.

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:37 pm

gameoverman wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:16 pm
Is there a mod scene for it like with GTA? I love playing around with modding games and this would be a prime candidate.
I just checked Nexus mods and there are only six mods for the game. The only one that really sounded comprehensive is the Variety Pack:
The Variety Pack is a collection of various mods for Watch Dogs. It's designed for merging with my E3 Lite
Mod, Extra Lite Mod and Retail (disc and digital) version of Watch Dogs (full tutorial included). I do not guarantee that every mod in this pack will work as it should with other serious mods (e.g. TheWorse, Lunayah, Merged Mod).

List of the Mods:

-E3 2012 Head Bob
-First Person Camera (beta)
-Free Look Inside Vehicles
-Increased Traffic, Pedestrian and Parked Cars Density
-PlayStation Button Icons
-Remove Ubisoft intro at startup
-Remove various interface indicators (3DMigoto)
-All Car On Demand
-Play As NPC
-E3 2012 Beretta 92-FS
-Collateral Outfit Mod
-Death Race Car Mod
-Ambrose Theater always open mod (beta)
-Surrender After Act 3 Fix
-Time of Day Duration (TimeScale)
-Bloom
-Depth of Field
-E3 2012 Focus Mode v3
-Real Cloud Gate Mod
-Sidewalk & Road Reflections v2
-Smoke/Steam Mod
-Godrays color mods
-Sun Lensflare mods
-Sky mods
-Clouds mods

Daehawk
Snooze

Post by Daehawk » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:11 pm

A big new Watch Dogs mod makes Chicago a more dynamic place
The original Watch Dogs didn’t exactly light the world on fire: critics found it a bit directionless and disappointing, set in a Chicago that didn’t feel alive. A new mod for the four-year-old game adds a ton of features that help correct that, and even restores some cut content.

Modder The_Silver has created Living_City, which livens Watch Dogs’ up quite a bit by adding features like random events, ambushes, and custom missions. You’ll be able to return to building interiors that were restricted to story missions to explore them at will, use new hacks on civilians (like giving them money or draining their phone batteries), and run into random events.
Sounds fun. I never got much into the game even after 4 tries. Maybe this would help.

Enlarge Image
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 9 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

Paingod

Post by Paingod » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:22 am

Interesting.

I played and enjoyed the first one for maybe 60-70 hours. My only gripe was that player invasions were too numerous, often leading to me disabling my NIC after starting up the game just so I could play in peace. As the audience matured, a lot of cheap tricks were employed frequently that made these invasions even less fun - hiding in booby-trapped tunnels, using remote locations to spot you, pausing the game frequently to detect attacking players.

I picked up the sequel in the Steam Sale, but haven't touched it yet.
More than ever, now is the time to stand by the causes you believe in; donate and support to keep America great.
Reproductive Rights, Environmental Defense, Civil Liberties, LGBTQ Awareness, Immigration Rights
Currently playing: Mordor: Shadow of War, Curious Expedition

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:02 pm

Paingod wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:22 am
I picked up the sequel in the Steam Sale, but haven't touched it yet.
I thought the sequel was excellent. They expanded the player options and gadgets and added several characters with whom you work. And the tone is lighter, at least for most of the story.