Clockwork Empires

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Holman

Re: Clockwork Empires

Post by Holman »

That's a shame. I was waiting for this one to get polished.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

LordMortis wrote:Thought I'd see if they righted the ship on this. I had a hankering. It looks like they released the game in rough shape and then packed up the company without a goodbye according to Steam. What a huge disappointment.
The developers were on somethingawful, I dared criticize the game when it was in EA and was shouted down. Maybe next time they'll actually listen.
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Lorini wrote:
LordMortis wrote:Thought I'd see if they righted the ship on this. I had a hankering. It looks like they released the game in rough shape and then packed up the company without a goodbye according to Steam. What a huge disappointment.
The developers were on somethingawful, I dared criticize the game when it was in EA and was shouted down. Maybe next time they'll actually listen.
That's shitty. I never criticized the game because there was so much in the concept I loved and it was still EA. They supported Dungeons of Dreadmore to become a fantastic game, so I wasn't put off by the ambition.

I am guessing, as far as video game industry goes, there will be no next time. You can't really bounce back from closing shop and disappearing in silence, can you? Heck, that's got be something you try and keep from you non video game publishing resume.

This does further sour me on buying games EA and paying for development, and I've already been growing weary of this development trends.

While I'm angry at the money that was flushed, mostly I'm sad I'll never get to see the game become what it had the base in place to become. You'd think they could at least have publicly closed their show and given the game design to the community.

I'm trying to google my way in to more info and I get nothing. Even the Wiki doesn't have the most recent "experimental version" from like January listed. The forum still exists with the only recent conversation being

https://community.gaslampgames.com/thre ... ess.20989/
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

So you're saying that I should just praise a bad game? And then criticizing me when the game fails? Really? I was right, I wished they would have made some changes that would have made the game better. What's wrong with that? Isn't that what EA is for? Geezus!
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Lorini wrote:So you're saying that I should just praise a bad game? And then criticizing me when the game fails? Really? I was right, I wished they would have made some changes that would have made the game better. What's wrong with that? Isn't that what EA is for? Geezus!
I'm saying it's shitty you got shouted down for voicing an opinion. I, personally, didn't criticize it because I hopeful for what I thought it was on track for becoming and I was so pleasantly surprised for how much game I got for my buck with DoD, which they continued to make better long after I spent my $5. So I kept waiting...
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Lorini wrote:So you're saying that I should just praise a bad game? And then criticizing me when the game fails? Really? I was right, I wished they would have made some changes that would have made the game better. What's wrong with that? Isn't that what EA is for? Geezus!
I think you read way too much into LM's reply. :wink:
Covfefe!
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Yes I apologize. I misinterpreted your words LM.
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Lorini wrote:Yes I apologize. I misinterpreted your words LM.
It's all good. I'm a sloppy typist who has a hard time seeing what he's typed versus what he said in his head, so it's easy for me to miscommunicate.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

LordMortis wrote:
Lorini wrote:Yes I apologize. I misinterpreted your words LM.
It's all good. I'm a sloppy typist who has a hard time seeing what he's typed versus what he said in his head, so it's easy for me to miscommunicate.
Hey, me too! I thought that was you at the club meeting.

On topic, I have tried to play this through the years, as I have a high tolerance for rough edges, but this one just wore me down. It sucks that they had to close up shop over this, as I really enjoy Dungeons of Dredmore, and would have loved to see what they came up with next.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote:Hey, me too! I thought that was you at the club meeting.

They won't even let me have a beer. Say I've had enough already.