Dragon Age 3: Inquisition

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Blackhawk

Re: Dragon Age 3: Inquisition

Post by Blackhawk »

Turtle wrote:Ugh, yeah. I suspected that it was just EA's weird servers when you posted that. While playing early on after release, I saw the servers going up and down.
I don't think it was that - it was getting some of my data, but not all of it. No matter, I'm content with what I got. I just wish they'd made the process a little less convoluted. I played DA:O in the days before Origin, so my stuff wasn't tied to my account, which I figure is the source of the problem. I reinstalled it through Origin, transferred my saves over, enabled the uploads and re-saved. Like I said, it recognized some, but not all.

Dealing with Ubi and EA 'front end' software always ends up giving me a headache.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Blackhawk wrote:
Turtle wrote:Ugh, yeah. I suspected that it was just EA's weird servers when you posted that. While playing early on after release, I saw the servers going up and down.
I don't think it was that - it was getting some of my data, but not all of it. No matter, I'm content with what I got. I just wish they'd made the process a little less convoluted. I played DA:O in the days before Origin, so my stuff wasn't tied to my account, which I figure is the source of the problem. I reinstalled it through Origin, transferred my saves over, enabled the uploads and re-saved. Like I said, it recognized some, but not all.

Dealing with Ubi and EA 'front end' software always ends up giving me a headache.
Thats probably the problem that your old data wasn't linked. And truly I don't think you are missing much. I got all my info imported but other than the image of my Hero from DA:O and a couple things most of my choices didn't show up either. I spent most of my time picking all the different (A LOT) choices. Most I forgot about and haven't had much of an impact in the game so far. Some have but overall a majority of the choices don't seem to have too big an impact.

So, have fun!
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Doomboy

Post by Doomboy »

So, how do you respond to questions asked by your party in the field?

Twice I have been asked something, I saw there were some responses I could pick from, but they were all greyed out and if I move even a foot while trying to respond, they vanish and the party member says something about what a jerk I am for ignoring them.

I'm playing with a controller, and on my Xbox, so it may not be exactly the same as the PC, but I would like to know how to do this if there is a way.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I ran into that situation once or twice and I think it was a bug. To fix it I went to an early save and tried again and that fixed it.

ydejin

Post by ydejin »

Doomboy wrote:So, how do you respond to questions asked by your party in the field?

Twice I have been asked something, I saw there were some responses I could pick from, but they were all greyed out and if I move even a foot while trying to respond, they vanish and the party member says something about what a jerk I am for ignoring them.

I'm playing with a controller, and on my Xbox, so it may not be exactly the same as the PC, but I would like to know how to do this if there is a way.
On the PS4 it was press down on one of the thumbsticks -- can't remember if it was the right or left one.
Doomboy

Post by Doomboy »

Thanks, I will try that next time!
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Just getting started with this but I'm really enjoying in thus far.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Pyperkub wrote:Just getting started with this but I'm really enjoying in thus far.
Yeah, I was late to the party with this one too. In spite of some bugs and inventory management annoyances (I have an entire keep, but no storage vault??), this is my game of the year. I feel like I'm playing a good story based MMO. It's like Baldur's Gate II, Skyrim and WoW had a threeway. And I appreciate that the AI for my companions is good enough that I'm not constantly yelling at them. After my mage play-through I think I"m going to try a fanatic Qunari two-handed Reaver who really believes he's Andraste's herald using the companions I didn't this time.
Doomboy

Post by Doomboy »

It is clicking in the right stick to respond to conversations from party members. Finally got one to happen, then some dumbass ran past my conversation and shouted about opening a gate, and interrupted it! Gah!

Speaking of things I find mildly annoying, did they map the control for jumping like a startled cat to the same button as "interact" on the PC? It gets annoying when I see something I want to pick up as I am running along, I see the button saying pick it up/open it/loot it, I hit the button and then the character jumps in the air like it startled him.

Then as I try to interact with whatever it is again, he just keeps jumping up and down until I either back up and try again, or wait a few seconds for him to stop being scared by the chest I want him to loot. Lets not even talk about about the reverse, when I am trying to jump up a cliff or something and stop to gather a flower...

And then there are my good buddies who are always directly behind me, blocking doorways when I am done stealing stuff from some burned out shack, and I have to push them out of my way while cursing their misbegotten fathers. Grrr.
ydejin

Post by ydejin »

Doomboy wrote: Speaking of things I find mildly annoying, did they map the control for jumping like a startled cat to the same button as "interact" on the PC? It gets annoying when I see something I want to pick up as I am running along, I see the button saying pick it up/open it/loot it, I hit the button and then the character jumps in the air like it startled him.

Then as I try to interact with whatever it is again, he just keeps jumping up and down until I either back up and try again, or wait a few seconds for him to stop being scared by the chest I want him to loot. Lets not even talk about about the reverse, when I am trying to jump up a cliff or something and stop to gather a flower...
Yep, that was a constant problem for me.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

So those that have been playing a while would you say the best is still a fighter class or do the archers now do ok?
Im going to restart and still considering an archer.

And if warrior then 2h or shield and 1h?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

From reading online it seems I have a choice of Tempest Archer or Reaver Warrior

Any mods for this? Like hair mods or something?

Also is it best to fight and fight and leave the rifts open as long as you can?
Doomboy

Post by Doomboy »

The rifts I have seen only spawn about two waves of demons before they are done. I think you get the same experience from just closing them as fast as you can, since damaging the rift damages the demons.

I kinda wish I had gone with a two hander warrior. But I am 28 hours into my play as an elf mage, and there are some interesting dialogue choices from being an elf, so I will stick with it.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

ahhh good deal then..thanks. Ive considered a dwarf archer or mage just to try something different...but I wont. I plan to play a reaver I guess with two hander.

But I will go back and play a dwarf in one of the others sometime.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

ydejin wrote:
Doomboy wrote: Speaking of things I find mildly annoying, did they map the control for jumping like a startled cat to the same button as "interact" on the PC? It gets annoying when I see something I want to pick up as I am running along, I see the button saying pick it up/open it/loot it, I hit the button and then the character jumps in the air like it startled him.

Yep, that was a constant problem for me.
See, I never saw it as being scared of the chest, more like "Oh goody goody goody, LOOT!" when I'd miss. Seriously, though, it would be best if the A button was active as soon as the item moniker comes up.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Doomboy

Post by Doomboy »

I thought of it like that because he tends to jump in the air when I see some Elfroot or something and attempt to loot it without coming to a complete halt. Then it looks like he was running along and got startled by the elfroot or whatever.

I agree that when I am standing next to something trying to loot it and jumping up and down instead, it looks like jumping for joy.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I found a Nexus Mod site for Inquisition. I am not sure if the regular Nexus mod manager works on it or if Ill need to use a little one I saw on that site.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Daehawk wrote:I found a Nexus Mod site for Inquisition. I am not sure if the regular Nexus mod manager works on it or if Ill need to use a little one I saw on that site.
As I recall there was a dearth of actual mods however

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I only found about 7 I want...wasn't many more than that anyways hahaha.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Got her modded. Also Im using Flawless Widescreen to make it work correctly at 2560x1080 edge to edge.

I made a blonde guy but he didn't look right to me so I went back and made a new guy.

Old
Enlarge Image

New guy
Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Is there a secret way to bind my middle mouse button to USE as in most other games? I try and I hear a ding type sound but nothing binds. Right now Im having to use numpad enter to USE and space to PAUSE. VERY un handy.
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Mouse binding doesn't work in DAI. You'll have to use something like autohotkey, or your own mouse's macro software.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sprint does not work for me. Ive bound it to 3 different keys and none of them allow me to move faster.

Also is there no auto run key or ability to bind? I usually always use my thumb button for autorun in this type game.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

There is no sprint, except for when on horseback. Auto-run is there. I think it's G or something by default.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Dear devs...when I fast travel back to Haven I would liek to appear outside my HQ and not outside the main gates in bumbblefuck..thanks.
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Do some story missions...
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Turtle wrote:Do some story missions...
That sounds... ominous.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Finally killed that damn Revenant in the Fallow Mire. Man that was a tough battle at my Level 7/8 while attempting it with the core groupl

Jag

Post by Jag »

Daehawk wrote:Dear devs...when I fast travel back to Haven I would liek to appear outside my HQ and not outside the main gates in bumbblefuck..thanks.
And maybe a skip button for the wartable animation.

I actually finished the game last night. Had a few side missions left, but I was pretty overleveled at that point so there is no point in going on. I killed my 10 dragons too.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I thought about the wartable one last night. I was hitting esc and space and stuff trying to skip it.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Tried fighting that Dragon in the Hinterlands with my Level 10/9 party last night. Yeah, that didn't go well, but it sure was fun trying!

Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Pyperkub wrote:Tried fighting that Dragon in the Hinterlands with my Level 10/9 party last night. Yeah, that didn't go well, but it sure was fun trying!
Same. Can you say, "down in flames"?
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

So, just out of curiosity, what level were you when you (successfully) took on the Fereldan Frostback?
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im having trouble with rifts in the swamps. I must really suck at this.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Daehawk wrote:Im having trouble with rifts in the swamps. I must really suck at this.
The one with the Revenant was extremely difficult.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Kurth wrote:So, just out of curiosity, what level were you when you (successfully) took on the Fereldan Frostback?
Haven't done it yet. Postponed to fight again another day and went to do the Oasis area and get to a point where I can craft a good Ice Staff, and get everyone up to level 10 at least.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Daehawk wrote:Im having trouble with rifts in the swamps. I must really suck at this.
Those fights are really tough. I think you need to go Magic heavy with one tank drawing their attacks so you can hit the rift. Fire spells and fire mines helps a lot against the undead too. I had to knock things off their feet.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im now right at the missing soldiers area and just cant do it. I left that other area and came here and stuck again. I seem to need to lvl up. Maybe go back to the Hinterlands. Not sure
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

The Inquisition perk for 12 health potions helped immensely. If you haven't got that yet go check out the hinterland or sword coast and get your advisors busy.

neofit

Post by neofit »

There was a patch mid-january, did they "address PC concerns", and do your team mates banter like they used to in DA2?