Space, er, I mean, Star Citizen

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

Re: Space, er, I mean, Star Citizen

Post by Isgrimnur »

While reading the article, I got a pop-up: "3 Ways You're Being Lied To" :D
It's almost as if people are the problem.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

LongLongLongLongLong
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Mr Bismarck

Post by Mr Bismarck »

dbt1949 wrote:LongLongLongLongLong
To be fair, he restricted himself to only 3,800 words about himself before getting somewhere near to starting to begin to make his point.
Imagine if I hadn't been drunk.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I know opinions and experiences vary, but I can't really disagree with anything he wrote. And if anyone is going to have an informed opinion on the issue, I would think his should have some weight. I'm not a backer, but I would consider myself a potential player. I've been following the development since the KS project (mostly through the commentary here) so my information isn't nearly as well-sourced as what backers know, but I do think he made many good points.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Well if anyone should know about crafting complete disasters it's him.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Yeah, it's a little verbose, but when he (finally) gets to the point, it's a valid point. I've been observing the scope creep and this whole "buy ships and insurance" scheme, and it just seems sketchy to me (which is why I haven't invested any money into it and strongly discourage others from doing so, as far as that goes). I hope that the higher-ups working on this game understand that what they're proposing is the delivery of several separate games and act accordingly. I really don't care about the FPS, trading or MMO parts, so as long as they deliver the space fighter part, we're good to go.
Black Lives Matter
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Derek is probably just jealous he didn't think of a scheme like this. Or rather, he never developed the clout and has tarnished his name so that he couldn't pull off something like this. Any idiot could make the same point he's making, he just has a controversial enough rep that people actually paid attention to his post and click, which was the point of putting up that article.

I've said this elsewhere, but while I do think there's a game in development, the company behind it is incredibly inefficient at a point when they're swimming in enough money to ramp up production and have had that for a while. Meanwhile, they waste time and money on FPS modes not core to the game that have now been put on indefinite hold.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Scope creep does concern me to a degree, but I don't think this game is going to be a disaster - it's not an "Indie" title anymore. It's become a full-fledged development studio and not a Derek Smart project. Reading his article (rant?) felt a whole lot like I was listening to some know-it-all boasting that if he couldn't do it, then no one can.

I admit that I got glassy-eyed and skimmed a lot, but his big sticking point seems to be Chris and his team are trying to build something that's first-person in space with ships in space that you're first-person inside of and keep it all pretty. They have some of that mechanic isolated already and are working on other pieces of it. Just because Derek can't do it doesn't mean other people will fail.
NickAragua wrote:...as long as they deliver the space fighter part, we're good to go.
Space combat is already a thing. They have a number of ships flight-capable and a couple different arenas and game modes to try them out in. It feels pretty good and has some interesting mechanics - like G-force blackouts. It's currently just fighter combat with cockpit 1st person perspective - not unlike X3 or Wing Commander.
NickAragua wrote:...and this whole "buy ships and insurance" scheme...
As reviewed previously, it's a game mechanic. There's no financial incentive for the developer when it comes to insurance. The "cost" is designed to be non-prohibitive. It is, in essence, an anti-griefing mechanic to keep people from destroying their ships in stupid ways over and over rapidly. People that buy a ship in the design phase of that ship get "lifetime" insurance, meaning they never ever pay a dime on the basic insurance (not covering later add-ins, equipment enhancements, or cargo). Early Access purchasers after design get limited insurance that lasts 2 to 12 months (depending on ship). If I'm not mistaken, that's time spent in-game, not offline. My Freelancer with 6 months' insurance should last me quite some time before I need to pay out again.

This isn't a typical MMO; there's no subscription fee or micro-purchase store planned for release. Buying ships is how you get access to the game now. The minimum entry point is $40 for a starter model - or basically $40 for "Early Access" but using that ship. The massive "over spending" people are doing is because of their own excitement, not any requirement to spend $160, $500, or $12,000 on the game.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Paingod wrote:
NickAragua wrote:...as long as they deliver the space fighter part, we're good to go.
Space combat is already a thing. They have a number of ships flight-capable and a couple different arenas and game modes to try them out in. It feels pretty good and has some interesting mechanics - like G-force blackouts. It's currently just fighter combat with cockpit 1st person perspective - not unlike X3 or Wing Commander.
I get your point, but I'm not really talking about online multiplayer arena battles, in which I have zero interest.
Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

NickAragua wrote:I get your point, but I'm not really talking about online multiplayer arena battles, in which I have zero interest.
I haven't done multiplayer battles yet, and don't really have an interest. My experience was with the PvE and it was pretty good; about as good as any space dogfight I've had in X3 or Freelancer, but numerically it gets harder and harder in successive waves as the AI outnumbers you until it comes down almost to luck. I didn't have the "best" fighter for the job, either - I was relying on an exploration-class fighter that lacked missiles and the shielding of a military fighter.

I did have to turn down the graphics settings in order to get my 4-year old rig to run smoothly, but even turned down it looked good to me... as a disclaimer, I'm not much of a graphics snob so "good" can be relative.

I don't doubt that Chris will be able to at the very least release an outstanding update to Freelancer, which still has legs and is still being modded by people (12 years later). If he can shoehorn in a good FPS on top of it, I'll be impressed.
Black Lives Matter

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Paingod wrote:
NickAragua wrote:I get your point, but I'm not really talking about online multiplayer arena battles, in which I have zero interest.
I haven't done multiplayer battles yet, and don't really have an interest. My experience was with the PvE and it was pretty good; about as good as any space dogfight I've had in X3 or Freelancer, but numerically it gets harder and harder in successive waves as the AI outnumbers you until it comes down almost to luck. I didn't have the "best" fighter for the job, either - I was relying on an exploration-class fighter that lacked missiles and the shielding of a military fighter.

I did have to turn down the graphics settings in order to get my 4-year old rig to run smoothly, but even turned down it looked good to me... as a disclaimer, I'm not much of a graphics snob so "good" can be relative.

I don't doubt that Chris will be able to at the very least release an outstanding update to Freelancer, which still has legs and is still being modded by people (12 years later). If he can shoehorn in a good FPS on top of it, I'll be impressed.
Heh, with nearly a hundred million dollars in public funding, *something* better come out, and it better not be like that one time I ate a bad burrito.
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

CIG has refunded Derek Smart's $250 pledge:
In an odd turn of events, Derek received a notice on his Kickstarter account informing him that CIG were processing a refund for his pledge of $250. Derek told PC Invasion this evening that he did not request a refund for his Star Citizen pledge and it came completely out of the blue.

This is a puzzling situation but CIG can refund pledges if they so choose as detailed in Kickstarter’s Terms of Use.
I'm sure this will be a quiet and satisfying end for all parties involved.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

His Twitter feed, if anyone is morbidly curious.
will check with legal in the morning to see if I can decline it. the TOS is crap anyway, and can be defeated by a 1st year law student
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Isgrimnur wrote:His Twitter feed, if anyone is morbidly curious.
will check with legal in the morning to see if I can decline it. the TOS is crap anyway, and can be defeated by a 1st year law student
He should just eat his crow and walk away from it. When you shit all over something and the manufacturer gives you a refund (unasked for) then it's safe to say they don't want you as a customer. If he puts up any kind of fight now, he's going to look like a double-dipshit.
Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

When has that stopped him before?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Ahh...didn't realize there was a Part II to his initial observations - I'm pretty sure this prompted the refund:
From everything that we have uncovered thus far, it is our belief that the game, Star Citizen, as of this writing, has all the makings of a crowd-funding failure, and an unmitigated disaster. A disaster which, if, and when it happens, and everything eventually comes out, is likely to be the most shocking event in recent gaming memory, which threatens to eclipse even the 38 Studios collapse of 2012.

The difference being, this time around, most of us in the industry, and in some parts of gaming, saw it coming. Even some (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) in the media have been signalling the warning bells for over a year now, amid the usual hype machine nonsense. If nothing else, read the Ten Ton Hammer article. I quote:
And:
My stake in this, is very simple, and to the point. I wanted to see an accessible, and visually spectacular game, like this, made. Going into four years now, this has not happened. And a good portion of the 900K people who have put money toward that dream, don’t seem to have a voice. Aside from that, the fan boys – usually the ones who are heavily financially vested – simply can’t fathom the reality that this whole thing has all the makings of a complete disaster.

People ask me why I didn’t say something before last week. My response is that, as game developers, projects can and will slip. So there is no merit in harassing them, sounding the alarm bells etc within a period of time.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Just saw this on Blues -- the Community Manager posted this:
I believe I can clarify this. We refunded Mr. Smart’s package because he was using Star Citizen as a platform to gain attention as part of a campaign to promote his ‘Line of Defense’ space game. Our ToS (or in this case, the Kickstarter ToS) allows us to refund troubled users who we would rather not have interacting with the community. The process lets us entirely disable their accounts, preventing them from playing the finished game. Think of it as the video game equivalent of a ‘we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone’ sign in a restaurant. We’ve used this ability a limited number of times in the past, always with the aim of improving the community (until today, the most famous example being our old friend jcrg99/Manzes/PonyMillar/he of many other alts.)

I do now want to stress that that is not to say you can get your money back by simply being as obnoxious as possible; we’re also able to ban accounts from the forums without requiring a refund. But sometimes we take a look at a user and decide that they’re so toxic or their intentions are so sinister that we simply don’t want them associated with Star Citizen.

As for refund requests working the other way: per the ToS, we’re not required to offer them. We do try and work with backers who are facing hardships, but the hard truth is that the money is by necessity being spent to develop a game rather than sitting unused somewhere (that being the significant difference with Steam; those refunds are taken out of their games’ profits rather than their development budgets.)
While they might not have liked what he had to say, I think it was a bad PR move to do this (and not just because of Smart's history).
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Smoove_B wrote:Just saw this on Blues -- the Community Manager posted this:
I believe I can clarify this. We refunded Mr. Smart’s package because he was using Star Citizen as a platform to gain attention as part of a campaign to promote his ‘Line of Defense’ space game. Our ToS (or in this case, the Kickstarter ToS) allows us to refund troubled users who we would rather not have interacting with the community. The process lets us entirely disable their accounts, preventing them from playing the finished game. Think of it as the video game equivalent of a ‘we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone’ sign in a restaurant. We’ve used this ability a limited number of times in the past, always with the aim of improving the community (until today, the most famous example being our old friend jcrg99/Manzes/PonyMillar/he of many other alts.)

I do now want to stress that that is not to say you can get your money back by simply being as obnoxious as possible; we’re also able to ban accounts from the forums without requiring a refund. But sometimes we take a look at a user and decide that they’re so toxic or their intentions are so sinister that we simply don’t want them associated with Star Citizen.

As for refund requests working the other way: per the ToS, we’re not required to offer them. We do try and work with backers who are facing hardships, but the hard truth is that the money is by necessity being spent to develop a game rather than sitting unused somewhere (that being the significant difference with Steam; those refunds are taken out of their games’ profits rather than their development budgets.)
While they might not have liked what he had to say, I think it was a bad PR move to do this (and not just because of Smart's history).
And it was a win for Smart who got exactly what he was looking for, relevance and publicity. Regardless of whether you care for Smart or not, he has now pushed the elephant in the Star Citizen room into the light. This has also now opened that "If we dont like what you have to say, we will terminate you" can of worms. Houston CIG, we have a problem!
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Not really, there really is such a thing as bad publicity. The greatest marketing success was marketers convincing people that it didn't exist. ;)

Unfortunately, there's no way to warn anyone about kickstarters within kickstarters themselves. So if DS's KS succeeds, it won't be from this, but rather KS's absolute lack of tools to help people spot fakes and frauds.
RLMullen

Post by RLMullen »

Paingod wrote: I don't doubt that Chris will be able to at the very least release an outstanding update to Freelancer, which still has legs and is still being modded by people (12 years later). If he can shoehorn in a good FPS on top of it, I'll be impressed.
I don't consider Freelancer to be a success. It was a fun game, but it fell so far short of Roberts' initial vision that it left the impression that Chris really has issues rectifying his imagination with reality. This is a really horrible problem when coupled with the discipline of engineering!

I was a fan of Roberts' games starting with the first Wing Commander. I gobbled up the first two Wing Commanders and their expansions. When he announced that Strike Commander would do for flight sims what Wing Commander did for space sims, I was sold. As a not yet jaded gamer, I absorbed every bit of pre-release hype for that game -- every article and interview that was published. From the hype and my own imagination I was expecting a flight sim as realistic as Falcon 3 or F-19, but with the story elements of Wing Commander.

Three years after it's initial announcement (four years of development), I finally got my copy on release day. After several hours of shuffling the approximately 10+ floppies and then waiting for crap to decompress, I fired it up only to find out that it would only run at minimum to medium settings on my 486/33. There was only a single step above that at the time -- a 468-DX2/66 with local bus video, and that configuration was barely a year old at the time. In fairness the game did run well on that machine, but in 1993 that machine cost around $4K.

The second "uh oh" moment came in one of my first dogfights. By then I'd become quite competent at Falcon 3, with "competant" being all that could be expected of anyone short of an actual fighter pilot (I'd spent many hours on Compuserve talking to actual fighter pilots about the game, but that is another story). I knew how to use the F-16 radar, or what passed for the F-16 radar in flight sims. In Strike Commander I set the radar to its max range of 80nm and began hunting my prey. When I got my first blips they appeared at 40nm! WTF! After this continued to happen, it became apparent that this wasn't a flight sim, but was an action game disguised as a flight sim.

This experience set the bar for what to expect in the future - overhyped features, delayed development, missing features, and software that barely fit within the technical limits at release. To be fair Chris Roberts wasn't the only one guilty of these sins; it became an industry-wide problem. Oddly enough the release of Privateer, just 6-months after Strike Commander, should have set an example for the industry. Create a fun game that fits easily within the technical specifications of an average computer, don't announce or hype it until it is baked, and profit! Privateer ran quite well on my aging 486/33, and it became one of my favorite games.

I didn't follow the development of the next two Wing Commanders because my attention turned towards other pursuits like career, home ownership, and marriage. By the time I got heavily back into gaming Chris Roberts had his own company and the next iteration of digital crack waiting for me.

Once again I bought the hype. In an interview where he laid out his plans for Freelancer he explained that technology had advanced enough that his original vision for Privateer could be realized. Also, now that he was free of the constraints of working for someone else he'd be free to direct the game development as it should be. He laid out a list of bullet points straight out of nerd's wet dream: a completely dynamic universe, AI controlled worlds, a virtual economy for traders, seamless multiplay, bustling worlds that would react to interaction by players. To seal the deal, the game would be published and backed by Microsoft. What could go wrong!

In the end development ran over budget, Microsoft bought Digital Anvil, the feature set was pared down to a managable size, and in 2003 we got the game. It had been in development for six years! The game we got was good, but it lacked all of the original features that were supposed to raise the bar of the space sim genre. The game was a highly polished story-based space sim set in a static and somewhat stale universe. Just like Strike Commander the game that was delivered was good when compared to its peers, but it literally lacked any semblance to the vision that was laid out when development started. In both cases each game could have been developed in half the time if the initial plan had been to develop what was actually delivered.

At this point I'd figured that Chris Roberts doesn't know how to set expectations, temper his vision to proper expectations, nor how to engineer a project into current and expected technical constraints. He's a great visionary, but at some point you actually have to do a good bit of engineering. When your entire project consists of features that have never been done, then your chance of delivering an implementation of that feature set is damned near zero!

When Star Citizen was announced I'll admit that I was enamored by the idea. I read everthing that was available during the initial crowdfunding phase. I was even close to backing the project, unti I realized that nothing had changed. Again, the technology has finally caught up to the vision. Again, there is no overlord to get in the way... no studio bosses, and this time no publisher. Again, the vision seems like something out of a dream. My gut tells me that this is not a situation condusive to engineering a project with the vast scope of Star Citizen. The crowdfunding aspect simply makes the situation worse not better. Instead of reasonable people setting realistic expectaions and constraints (not that there was anybody doing this in the past), the continued crowdfunding is creating an echo chamber that is encouraging pursuit of unrealizable expectaions over reasonable engineering.

I hope Star Citizen succeeds. If it does then I'll buy it, and I'll probably enjoy it simply because I have no pre-conceived expectations. At this point I'm pretty certain that the product that ships will fall short of the product that was outlined several year ago. I hope Roberts and crew prove me wrong, but there are far too many red flags at this point.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

RLMullen wrote:The game we got was good ... a highly polished story-based space sim set in a static and somewhat stale universe ... the game that was delivered was good when compared to its peers
I was relatively new to PC gaming when Freelancer came around and never caught any of the hype or heard about what it was supposed to be - but it is a good game, and one I've replayed a few times through the years. I can't say that about many of the titles I've bought. Evil Genius, X3, StarTopia, Freelancer, and X-COM are games I've revisited over and over.

I honestly don't know if Chris can deliver on what he wants to make - but I do expect that he'll at least deliver a title I'll happily play more than once. I spent as much as I felt comfortable on a safe bet and then stopped.
Black Lives Matter

rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Turtle wrote:Not really, there really is such a thing as bad publicity. The greatest marketing success was marketers convincing people that it didn't exist. ;)

Unfortunately, there's no way to warn anyone about kickstarters within kickstarters themselves. So if DS's KS succeeds, it won't be from this, but rather KS's absolute lack of tools to help people spot fakes and frauds.
There absolutely is such a thing as bad publicity. I never said there wasnt so Im not quite sure why you are even arguing this point. Star Citizen has weathered bad publicity and continues to weather its fair share of it. As far as Smart, he already has an infamous reputation, one that you are clearly aware of. In this particular case, I dont see him hurting his already tarnished reputation. People who hate him will still hate him. It does get people talking about him and that is free publicity for him. You can argue all you want about good and bad publicity, but a lot more people now know about his current project, far more people just than a few weeks ago. Time will tell if it helped his cause in any substantive way but I dont see any way it has hurt it. A lot of people agreed with his observations, once they muddled through his long winded self indulgence fest. So yes, I stand by my statement, Smart got exactly what he wanted from this.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

As post on Blues News, the latest from Derek Smart:
"Give backers the opportunity to hire an independent forensics accountant, and an executive producer, to audit the company records, and give an accurate picture of the financial health of the company, and it’s ability to complete, and deliver this project in a timely fashion. I hereby offer to foot the entire costs of this effort. And I will put up to $1m of my own money, in an escrow account of an attorney’s choosing, to be used as-needed for this exercise. I will pay this price to prove that I had every right to seek these answers. So this money can either go toward a good cause (righting this ship), or to attorneys who are most likely to burn it all down anyway."
Here's a link to the original posting by Derek.

:pop:
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Enlarge Image

Go Flash go! Go Flash go! Go Flash go!
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Brian

Post by Brian »

Gamescon Multicrew Live Demo

Gamescon Multicrew Demo: Press Version

Gamescon Social Module Demo: Press Version

The full two hours of Gamescon Presentation

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thanks Brian those are great videos. I dont have time to watch the 2 hour one but Im going to skip around with it.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
JonathanStrange

Post by JonathanStrange »

Daehawk wrote: Im going to skip around with it.
Imagines Daehawk skipping around the room with Firefly's theme music in background.
Goes back to browsing...
The opinions expressed by JonathanStrange are solely those of JonathanStrange and do not reflect the opinions of OctopusOverlords.com, the forum members of OctopusOverlords, the elusive Mr. Norrell, or JonathanStrange.

Books Read 2013
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Looks for hidden camera and Allen Funt .

What did you guys think of all the peripherals for SC? I think they are pretty damn cool. Best looking sticks and stuff in years. I have no place for them but wish I did. Great stuff.
Last edited by Daehawk on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

I would buy a setup for this, but only if it ends up being what was promised. More importantly is how reliable these things are, and unfortunately branded stuff usually has a lot of cut corners, more than the standard anyway.

Reliability is key not for this game specifically, but rather, I need these things to last through many generations of PC gaming since they will be used so infrequently.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Takes me hours to download and install only to instantly have my AVG delete it when I run it. Didn't used to and right now I dont have the get up to worry with it.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Chris Roberts has done gone lost his goddamned mind.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote:Chris Roberts has done gone lost his goddamned mind.
My goodness. I hope that's something I might swing on my own in-game - but not for $900. The ultimate research, exploration, medical, and life support platform. I've been hoping my Freelancer DUR will be outfit-able for minor versions of all of that. I want it to be a self-sufficient platform to explore the galaxy at my leisure.
Black Lives Matter

Brian

Post by Brian »

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote:Chris Roberts has done gone lost his goddamned mind.
You do realize that that's an all-inclusive package that contains the base ship plus all available modules for it, yes?

The Endeavor is a multi-role ship that can be configured with different modules depending on the role you want it to perform and that you can configure the ship with only the modules you are interested in.

The price on the base ship is significantly lower at $350

The pods themselves vary in price:

SERVICE EQUIPMENT AND CREW POD - $25
Fuel Pod - $35
General Research Pod - $45
General Science Pod - $45
Medical Bay Pod - $75
Landing Bay Pod - $75
Biodome Pod - $100
Telescope Array Pod - $125
SuperCollider Pod - $125

So, if somebody were interested in this ship they would only have to buy the ship plus whatever modules they wanted.

The super pack that you linked to includes (leaving out the ingame rewards like posters and models):

MISC Endeavor
Lifetime Insurance
Endeavor Fuel Pod (2x1)
Endeavor Research Lab (2x1)
Endeavor General Science (2x1)
Endeavor Service Equipment & Crew (2x1)
Endeavor Landing (2x1)
Endeavor Medical Bay (2x2)
Endeavor Supercollider (2x2)
Endeavor Telescope Array (2x1)
Endeavor Bio Dome (2x1)

That's about $1600 worth of ship and pods. (It could only be $1050 which is still a savings. I'm not sure how they are counting the multipliers above.)

Personally, I'm not interested in this ship or its modules but there are plenty of people out there that are so good on them if they want to purchase as much or as little of these as they want.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

I probably owe LucasArts several million dollars for all the Star Destroyers I built in Empire at War.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

...and now they're selling backers the manual for 10 bucks. :shock:
Covfefe!
Frost

Post by Frost »

I don't want to even think about how long you'd have to play to earn something like that in-game. You'd probably cure cancer in less man-hours.
Some MoFo's are always trying to ice skate uphill - Blade
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Assuming this game ever sees the light of day.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Frost

Post by Frost »

dbt1949 wrote:Assuming this game ever sees the light of day.

There is that, too.

I can't imagine this not coming to fruition, on some level, at least.

Imagine this is the greatest video game Ponzi scheme ever?
Some MoFo's are always trying to ice skate uphill - Blade
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Brian wrote:
Stuff
I never called for any backers to be taken into a public square and shot, but $900 for a virtual ship, no matter how large, is ridiculous.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

No, the person that buys that has lost his mind.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton