Space, er, I mean, Star Citizen

All discussions regarding PC gaming.

Moderators: Arcanis, LawBeefaroni

Punisher

Re: Space, er, I mean, Star Citizen

Post by Punisher » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:48 am

I'm still gonna keep faith.. I think I have about $150 tied up in it and right now that is not going to break me..
My feeling is this.. It doesn't seem like vaporware yet... They do keep releasing updates for backers to mess around with. Yes it is past due as a whole, but I have other things to occupy me.
I do get pangs of concern when I read about possible money troubles, but have not seen any real evidence produced yet.
and I read the random Derek Smart posts, but don't put much stock in them. He has lost a lot of credibility with me (and other people) due to his history...
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us

Paingod

Post by Paingod » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:44 pm

With all of the other developmental hurdles complete, they've decided to Andy Serkis you.

Since I have no intention of setting up a webcam, let alone use a mic or even play multiplayer, this development excites me.
More than ever, now is the time to stand by the causes you believe in; donate and support to keep America great.
Reproductive Rights, Environmental Defense, Civil Liberties, LGBTQ Awareness, Immigration Rights
Currently playing: PlayerUnknown's Battleground, RimWorld

Holman

Post by Holman » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:28 pm

Paingod wrote:With all of the other developmental hurdles complete, they've decided to Andy Serkis you.

Since I have no intention of setting up a webcam, let alone use a mic or even play multiplayer, this development excites me.
OMG. The uncanny valley is a FEATURE now?

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:55 am

I wish they'd just STOP. All I wanted was the single player S42 with a mp galaxy to be in when I wanted...like Elite is. They just keep adding shit. Granted the fps part looks fun. But come on. When do long space haul diapers go in? How about space hookers so you get space herpes.

EDIT:...RSI dont read this!!
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

Paingod

Post by Paingod » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:22 am

Daehawk wrote:When do long space haul diapers go in? How about space hookers so you get space herpes.
I look forward to the space herpes cream application minigame.
More than ever, now is the time to stand by the causes you believe in; donate and support to keep America great.
Reproductive Rights, Environmental Defense, Civil Liberties, LGBTQ Awareness, Immigration Rights
Currently playing: PlayerUnknown's Battleground, RimWorld

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:27 am

Enlarge Image
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

KDH

Post by KDH » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:20 pm

$45K Star Citizen Refund?

:tjg: ... A post to reddit in a sub-reddit called Star Citizen Refunds claims what seems like it must be the largest game refund in history (thanks Rollory). This says a corporate entity secured a refund for three Star Citizen "Completionist" packages originally purchased for $15,000 each, making the grand total for their refund $45,000. Here's the story:
There was lots of arguing within our guild, but in the end the whales who had contributed the most had the final say, and we refunded our three completionist packages, originally purchased at $15k each, so $45k total refund. We sidelined many other great games and commercial opportunities waiting for Star Citizen, but in the end we can't wait any longer, and a new generation is joining also who have absolutely no interest. The final straw was evidence presented the committee of Chris Roberts blatantly lying, we don't mind the delays but couldn't handle the lies anymore, and it left us wondering what else he is knowingly lying about.

It was a nightmare getting the refund, we are a commercial org and pooled the money to buy the completionist packages, and used a corporate card to buy them, so we had major issues with getting refunded to the same card, paypal and then providing ID. Total it took about 5 weeks to get sorted. A lot of time was spent trying to explain the situation to some woman called "Schala" and just getting the same answers copied and pasted backwards and forwards, they definitely try to delay you as much as possible in the hope you'll forget or give up.

I prefer to remain anonymous as the guild can easily be linked back to my personal identity, and we all know how insane and potentially dangerous the few remaining Star Citizen believers can be. I'll put some juicy screenshots below however.

Thanks for all your help here guys, we couldn't have done it without the support and guidance of this subreddit.

spotted @ blues

... and .. refund story disputed by RSI
Cloud Imperium spokesperson Dave Swofford tells Ars that "a lot of the information was fabricated" in the Reddit post discussed the below. Swofford says the account in question was issued an individual refund of $330, not the $45,000 claimed
I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee