Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

Cyberpunk 2077 from the makers of The Witcher

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Rumpy

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 from the makers of The Witcher

Post by Rumpy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:49 am

Damn, that's looking good, and quite innovative too I might add.
PC:
Intel i5 660
8GB RAM
Asus ROG 4GB 1050Ti

Paingod

Post by Paingod » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:44 am

This is shaping up to be a compelling purchase - right after reviews hit and shower it with praise. As long as it shines, I won't be waiting for a sale. This game hits all the buttons on my radar. Open world. Driving. Body-mod/Cybernetics. Futuristic dystopia. Story-driven. Solid shooter combat. Interesting mechanics. Beautiful graphics. I'd wager my current PC could handle it well enough to be happy on relatively high visual settings.

I'll be really bummed out if reviews stagger in from release and vomit on the floor. With this being the same team that made The Witcher III - generally hailed as "The Best Game Ever" I have high hopes.
More than ever, now is the time to stand by the causes you believe in; donate and support to keep America great.
Reproductive Rights, Environmental Defense, Civil Liberties, LGBTQ Awareness, Immigration Rights
Currently playing: Mordor: Shadow of War, Curious Expedition

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:17 pm

Plus first-person perspective. For a gamer who games mostly for immersion, that's the biggest plus of all.
[This space left intentionally blank.]

AWS260

Post by AWS260 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:34 pm

I am tempering my expectations by thinking of it as "from the makers of 2007's The Witcher".

Freyland

Post by Freyland » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:54 pm

AWS260 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:34 pm
I am tempering my expectations by thinking of it as "from the makers of 2007's The Witcher".
You gotta crawl before you can walk.... or high-jump skyscrapers.
I don't remember where I read this, Cort, maybe it was in the last patch notes, but they said the UAZ really handles the best when... the wheels are actually touching the ground.
--RedF1ve

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:25 pm

https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 9 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

Paingod

Post by Paingod » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:07 am

I really try not to read into concept art. It's the ideal the designers dream up, not the finished product. It's art. Maybe partially accurate to the finished product, but used more to inspire the finish than actually create it.

Still - I love the theme. This game has an automatic +2 on the 1-10 scale for just that alone. If it's a Critic's 6, I'll probably end up thinking it's an 8. In the right settings, I've played 6's for longer than they deserved. Any lower than that, though, and a game tends to become literally unplayable due to bugs, glitches, and missing features.
More than ever, now is the time to stand by the causes you believe in; donate and support to keep America great.
Reproductive Rights, Environmental Defense, Civil Liberties, LGBTQ Awareness, Immigration Rights

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:04 am

+2 for theme, +1 for first person. Fitting my style is as important as technical perfection for me.
[This space left intentionally blank.]

Paingod

Post by Paingod » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:52 am

Even better: Quality over Quantity.

The game won't contain any procedural elements generally used to fluff the size of some games. Due to the 'vertical' nature of the map, everything is put together by hand.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:59 pm

https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 9 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

Paingod

Post by Paingod » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:28 am

While "Making Of" videos and trailers are really nice, what I need is a "Pre-Order" button somewhere.

Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:36 pm

Yes, well the game has quite a ways to go, according to the devs, so buckle up for the long wait.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:41 pm

Paingod wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:07 am
Still - I love the theme. This game has an automatic +2 on the 1-10 scale for just that alone. If it's a Critic's 6, I'll probably end up thinking it's an 8. In the right settings, I've played 6's for longer than they deserved. Any lower than that, though, and a game tends to become literally unplayable due to bugs, glitches, and missing features.
I'm kinda in the opposite boat. While I'm certainly appreciating the level of detail that is going into building the world, the cyberpunk setting does absolutely nothing for me.
“Don’t tickle the wall clown.” - MST3K

Paingod

Post by Paingod » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:14 pm

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:36 pm
Yes, well the game has quite a ways to go, according to the devs, so buckle up for the long wait.
I'm totally fine with them polishing it to a high gloss instead of releasing a thrashing pile of bugs... as long as that's what they're doing.