KOTOR mouse control problem

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Grifman

KOTOR mouse control problem

Post by Grifman »

Well, I loaded up KOTOR for another run through and am running into a problem. The control of my character with my mouse is all screwed up. My character won't change heading until the mouse is near the far edge of the screen, but then he moves too far too - my character moves like he is drunk as he runs from side to side because the mouse control isn't subtle enough. I move my mouse towards the edge to change his direction, but his direction won't change until it is at the far edge, and then he moves too far too fast in the new direction. I've tried adjusting the mouse sensitivity in the game but I can't see any difference on any ingame setting. Any ideas? Thanks - it's getting very frustrating.

Grifman
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I've been using WASD for control. I think that if they make the mouse sensitive enough to be a viable control, that it could really mess you up when you're trying to target something.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

ImLawBoy wrote:I've been using WASD for control. I think that if they make the mouse sensitive enough to be a viable control, that it could really mess you up when you're trying to target something.
WASD is a pain. Using the mouse doesn't cause a problem for targeting because you don't move while targetting - all you do is change direction/facing with the mouse, then click on your target. It's not a problem.

Grifman
Ripstar

Post by Ripstar »

This game really shines with a controller like "the Claw".
You can run, but you'll just die tired.