Triumph Studios Announces Age of Wonders III
The critically acclaimed fantasy series makes its long prophesied return, taking its strategy/RPG formula to the next level, powered by a new proprietary 3D engine.
DELFT, the Netherlands, February 6th 2013 – Triumph Studios, the team behind the successful Overlord and Age of Wonders series, today revealed Age of Wonders 3 for PC. The third Age of Wonders marks a modern reimagining of the series, where players join a clash of kings, queens and dark lords for the spoils of an ancient paradise. By introducing unique RPG-inspired classes and specializations, players are able to craft empires of their own design, developing unique strategies and play styles. The world-changing conflict plays out on sweeping landscapes, loaded with mythical locations waiting to be uncovered, conquered and exploited.
“In Age of Wonders 3, we extrapolate RPG style classes to be the leaders of fantasy empires.” says Lennart Sas, Development Director at Triumph. “For example: as a Goblin Theocrat you can build your own holy empire, recruit little goblin crusaders or cute winged goblin angels equipped with flaming weapons, and wage war on your heathen enemies. We want players to be able to choose between lots of different play styles, without being restricted by fantasy clichés, like All Goblins Are Evil.”
Arno van Wingerden, Triumph’s Tech Director says: ” the new engine truly reflects the choices players have made by affecting how their realm and units are represented It makes the gameplay on both the strategic and battle maps more immersive than ever, while retaining the gameplay and feel of the previous games.”
Key features include:
● Explore, expand and exploit a living fantasy world. Discover wondrous locations and gather
● Develop your domain, with many classes having the ability to change terrain and climates to
suit your needs.
● All new 3D graphics that provide a crisper and more detailed overview of the world and battle
● New styles of play are possible with the introduction of RPG style leader classes like warlord,
theocrat, rogue and sorcerer, along with a wide selection of specializations.
● Command a variety of races. Pick your starting race and shape your people’s destiny using
your leader’s unique skills.
● A brand-new tactical battle system renders each battlefield and siege in great detail; new rules
include flanking and a massive set of special unit abilities.
● An epic story campaign with two playable factions;. Choose the mighty Commonwealth Empire or join the Court of the High Elves, founded after the reunion of the Dark Elves and Wood Elves.
● Compete online in extensive multiplayer modes and scenarios.
● High replay value through random maps, difficulty modes and tools allowing user created
Age of Wonders 3® has not yet been rated and has an estimated late 2013 release date on PC. It will be published through digital distribution and brought to retail stores in selected territories.
For more information and regular updates please visit http://www.ageofwonders.com