Marvel Heroes

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: Marvel Heroes

Post by GreenGoo »

Bought the $99 bundle with my 90% discount card so they got 10 bucks outta me. Not sure what I'll spend it on.

The beast in the savage land won't take my gel. I heard in chat that there is a second beast in the danger room. I read that the danger room opens up when you hit 60 and not before. So I've got until the end of the event to hit 60 otherwise I wasted 1,000 world monies on hair gel.

Is that about right?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

GreenGoo wrote:Bought the $99 bundle with my 90% discount card so they got 10 bucks outta me. Not sure what I'll spend it on.

The beast in the savage land won't take my gel. I heard in chat that there is a second beast in the danger room. I read that the danger room opens up when you hit 60 and not before. So I've got until the end of the event to hit 60 otherwise I wasted 1,000 world monies on hair gel.

Is that about right?
Unfortunately, yeah, the Danger Room is an end-game thing so you do need a L60 character to access it. OTOH, you'll be picking several free pets over the course of the event, so missing out on one random pet isn't a big deal if you don't level at least one up to the cap. Functionally, they're all the same aside from their appearance.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Today's log in freebie was a lot more than just two mystery boxes. My overflow inventory was flooded with dozens of loot items. :)

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Old Lace pet which was nice, but then new stash tab, which was better. Now I don't have to open and sell everything just because I don't have enough inventory space for it. I still have over 15 big 10 event boxes to open at some point, let alone the lootz from this holiday event.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I seemed to get double of all the boxes/gift items. Two Old Laces, two boxes of relics, etc. Was that a glitch or did everyone get the same?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Ok, hit 60, spoke with Beast in the danger room but there is no option to give him the hair gel. Speaking with him just brings up a "refresher" on danger room scenarios.

Ideas?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

If it didn't clear the quest, and the quest item is in your inventory, then the only thing that comes to mind would be to relog and try it again.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Baroquen wrote:I seemed to get double of all the boxes/gift items. Two Old Laces, two boxes of relics, etc. Was that a glitch or did everyone get the same?
Yup, I had the dupe gifts and saw other people saying the same in chat in-game. It's too bad the duplicate stash boxes can't be redeemed. :)

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Max Peck wrote:
Baroquen wrote:I seemed to get double of all the boxes/gift items. Two Old Laces, two boxes of relics, etc. Was that a glitch or did everyone get the same?
Yup, I had the dupe gifts and saw other people saying the same in chat in-game. It's too bad the duplicate stash boxes can't be redeemed. :)
I'd be thrilled if I could redeem even one of the stash boxes. But I already redeemed that from a previous bonus, so no new stash for me (I have 2 free stashes from previous events, guess I can't really complain).
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Zenn7 wrote:
Max Peck wrote:
I'd be thrilled if I could redeem even one of the stash boxes. But I already redeemed that from a previous bonus, so no new stash for me (I have 2 free stashes from previous events, guess I can't really complain).
Yeah, both of them were dupes for me too. I redeemed the original "STASH General 16" during one of the anniversary events, when we had to buy it from an event vendor using birthday cake slices iirc.

Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Logged in today to get the gift, which apparently isn't working. So no HERBIE for me, though I'll check again tonight. But then, I ended up playing for several ARMOR intel missions, and Winter loot buffs, and 10 levels of Wolverine. And started looking at the achievements. It's a fun little time-waster. Always something else to do. Might get back into playing it again for awhile at least.
Tao

Post by Tao »

Did not get my pet either. Tried logging in a couple of different times. Tons of giveaways again this season so can't really complain too much.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

No pet here either.

As for the gift giving, do the gifts need to be given in order? Beast is still not taking the hair gel and that's disappointing, just because.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

According to the forums, the log-in gift for today had to be disabled as part of a fix to a login/disconnect issue.

I did the gift exchange quest out of order, so that shouldn't be the issue.

Tao

Post by Tao »

No Herbie pet again today but I did find a hero token in my inventory so color me confused. Not complaining as I scored a free Venom but it is odd.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Tao wrote:No Herbie pet again today but I did find a hero token in my inventory so color me confused. Not complaining as I scored a free Venom but it is odd.
Yeah, it isn't even random -- everyone seems to be getting a Venom token. My best guess is that they've got a bad database reference that's pointing to the wrong item for the login gift.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Venom here too.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Yeah, definitely seems messed up. I hope they get it fixed before the "Free Hero" and "Free Costume" days.

But yeah, I prefer the Venom over the HERBIE anyway. (Almost bought Venom with the 1/2 off sale going on. Glad I held off).
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Sorry for the double post.

Update from a Gazillion dev:
Somehow the 2 herbie pets caused issues in our catalog system, the red one caused the login problems the other day, and the green one mysteriously changed itself to the Venom token today. We are still investigating the issue with the red one, but the green one will be a reward for logging in any time starting tomorrow and going through the end of the winter event.

Yay more free stuff :)
So yeah, HERBIE still on the schedule to be a gift.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It looks like the fix is in. The next time you log in, you should get 2 x Holiday H.E.R.B.I.E. (1 x red, 1 x green) and 2 x Mysterious Blue Omega Box.

All togther, I've picked up 7 new pets so far for this event (with 1 more on the schedule).

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Two questions....and these depend on if I reinstall the game and for someone who has played a bit but could never stick with a hero because I feel Im missing something with another one. Also my INV and bank is full of purples and other things I have no clue what to do with.

1. Is Scarlett Witch a good character to stick with. Good to play and fun. Or is there a better one? I have a TON of characters.

2. Should I simply delete my entire inv and bank and just start new?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

You donate all your extra loot to crafters to level them up. Once they max out at level 20 you give all your extra loot to your pet to level it up. Since Max has 7+ pets now, that's a lot of purple loot to give away.

Once you've done all that, you either stop picking it up or you sell it for credits (which are of limited usefulness).

Any purple that isn't immediately useful to me and my 8 heroes gets donated to a crafter. Since one is at lvl 20 and the other is at lvl 19 I'll soon be feeding everything to my pet(s).

Scarlet Witch is one of the strongest heroes in the game.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

So play Scarlet and make a crafter...ok then. Thanks.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It's difficult to say whether any particular hero is "best" for any particular player, because it depends on what sort of abilities and play style you enjoy the most. In general though (as seen in this "Hero Ladder" ranking), Scarlet Witch is considered one of the best. I'd still rather play Lady Deadpool myself. ;)

I'm a total packrat, so I have no advice for inventory management. If you go surfing through the Gameplay, Skills, and Builds Guides you will probably find a few threads that touch on inventory management.

Tao

Post by Tao »

Regarding inventory, one mans trash...and all that so make of it what you may. I find it to be a good general reference;

http://jm.shost.ca/any-heroe-uniques/
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I prefer Doom over Scarlet Witch myself, and the Thing over Colossus for tanky play. Not a huge fan of Venom because I really haven't found my rhythm between ichor and health skills. The same can be said for Magneto and debris management. Black Cat was remarkably effective and simple to play. Gambit is also easy and effective, but I just don't find him interesting.

Those are the 8 I have.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Was thinking of using Doom as a mule / crafter. But then thought maybe I dont want to use a character I may actual level later. Dont want one whos inv is full all the time to actually play. So thought Cable would be good because he builds stuff and I consider him a tech character. So now not sure. Pretty sure the crafter guy will be a throw away character as for as lvl'n and playing on maps.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

There is only 1 Inventory per account and it's shared between heroes.

I.e. no muling.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Daehawk wrote:Was thinking of using Doom as a mule / crafter. But then thought maybe I dont want to use a character I may actual level later. Dont want one whos inv is full all the time to actually play. So thought Cable would be good because he builds stuff and I consider him a tech character. So now not sure. Pretty sure the crafter guy will be a throw away character as for as lvl'n and playing on maps.
The main inventory is shared by all your characters, so I'm not sure if a "mule" is even possible in general. While you can unlock hero-specific stashes, there are limitations on what you can put in them, so they can't be used to store anything and everything; they can hold items that are bound to that hero, hero-specific items, insignia that the hero can use, and (for some reason) rings. Crafting resources themselves don't take up a lot of space (there are 4 types, and they stack to 1000, so you only need 4 storage slots). Runes, on the other hand, can easily fill an entire stash if you collect them all. Also, your crafting recipes are shared across all characters on your account, so there's no need to designate any one character as your crafter.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well that makes a 2nd character a useless thing...for now. I guess Ill try Witch and see how it goes.....maybe go ahead and use Doom too on occasion.

Not sure how to feed a pet items..i have a ice golem and when i tried to give it stuff it fell on the ground. When I tried within the inv it just said that item does not fit there. Also I need to see if stuff breaks down or something. Otherwise I guess crafting will be all new to me :)
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The daily log-in gift is still not working properly. In addition to the scheduled gifts (Festivus Pole and Snow Flurry), I got another Holiday H.E.R.B.I.E.... :)

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I dont have an open inv or bank slot for anything :)
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Don't forget that you have a secondary shared inventory attached to your team-up character.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Splinter cell achievement (loot 2002 eternity splinters) results in a random hero unlock. I unlocked Loki.

Pretty happy about it.

edit: and then immediately leveled the asgardian enchanter to 20. So now I get to sell for credits anything my pets won't eat. Yay, I guess?

edit2: Apparently there are other crafters/vendors but leveling them is pointless? Does that sound right?
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Max Peck wrote:Don't forget that you have a secondary shared inventory attached to your team-up character.
*blinks... looks....*

Oh yeah, I forgot I had that thing..... *cough*

Totally haven't been playing for years or anything....
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

GreenGoo wrote:Splinter cell achievement (loot 2002 eternity splinters) results in a random hero unlock.
Well, that's interesting. I have easily collected over a thousand of those and have unlocked maybe 10 heroes with them. Any yet my achievement says I have only collected a total of 351. They must have implemented achievements after I stopped playing regularly and didn't make it retroactive. In any case, I did use 600 splinters to unlock the one-time stash tab last night and that helped a lot with inventory space.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Talk about xp boost. Loki is level 51 at the end of chapter 3.

Gave the all-father's eyepatch to Fury and got his gift exchange so I guess Beast is bugged for me. Oh well.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Must.make.myself.play. Its so daunting having full INVs to have to figure out what to do with when Ive not played in years and am afraid to lose anything important. I keep putting it off but cant play until I empty it all out.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Just figure out whats really important in your inventories... you'll start noticing certain items are a dime a dozen and you can not lose sleep over losing them... or... get mad and get some storage tabs...

Me, I have a good amount of storage, more than I care to admit, most gotten through events or half off crazyness. But... I only use so much of it, the rest is just filler I go through and fill it all up... I'll end up dropping 3+ tabs of random useless stuff when it's full and cleaning time comes.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

You can donate everything purple and below and replace it all in 10 minutes of play.

I donate all yellows too, and and any uniques I can't use in the next 3 levels.

There is almost no reason to keep gear you can't immediately use because you'll find more gear in an hour of play than you can carry.