Marvel Heroes

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Madmarcus

Re: Marvel Heroes

Post by Madmarcus »

I like the idea of the limited dash but I have yet to try it when facing a boss with an instant kill ability. I suspect that I'm going to have to retain some muscle memory and move instead of just dashing.

In a very quick trial last night some of my heroes felt much weaker but I still need to switch artifacts around.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Max Peck wrote:
GreenGoo wrote:Downloaded last night so I didn't get a chance to play yet.

If the inventory juggling is significant, I may just log out. I don't enjoy games that force you to manage inventory while restricting the amount of space you get, even if it's a proven way to generate revenue.

We'll see.
The inventory issue is a one-off side effect of the update.
I realize that but I'm already tired of managing my inventory. Logging in only to find myself staring at a new inventory management quest might be too much, as I'm already cooling on the game. If I was heavily into the game like I was pre-Christmas, I'd just get down to it, get it over with and start grinding levels on my non-60 heroes.

That's all I was saying.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The signficant part of the inventory juggling is the catalysts, since they need to be re-equipped. The rest of the reward stuff doesn't actually need to be juggled if you don't want to, since you can just dump it or open the boxes/crates and sell off the contents if you don't want the stuff. It will likely *look* like a huge pita, but can be cleaned up in a couple of minutes.

Or it can be a good excuse to move on. :)
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Tao

Post by Tao »

Well it appears my trepidation regarding the new Infinity System was groundless. While I wholeheartedly agree the Omega System was too cumbersome the new system is about as bland as un-buttered toast. For me, so far, it feels as if the dev's seriously oversimplified the game.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Logged on, looked at all the extra crap I had... cried a little... Logged deadpool (my only cosmic guy) cried a little more at how little damage he did... decided to look at this later...
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'm about 1/2 way through cleaning up my inventory. I only have 10 characters so that makes it easier than for some people.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Semaj wrote:Logged deadpool (my only cosmic guy) cried a little more at how little damage he did... decided to look at this later...
Did you try him out straight out of the box, or after configuring his infinity points and talents? I'm running with virtually the same ranged build as I had before the update, and now that they've fixed whatever was causing the crippling server lag he seems fine in cosmic terminals and patrols. He's obviously a little less agile with the limited teleports, but I'm getting used to that, and with Canadian Devil he's probably one of the more mobile heroes.

I'm halfway (Angela through Kitty Pryde) through my Cosmic Trial test drives, and for the most part all of them have been pretty good once I configured gear/infinity/powers/talents. So far, I've only had 3 heroes that I couldn't get through the trial: Green Goblin, Iceman and Invisible Woman. For all of them, I just can't find a build that lets them put out enough damage to get past the first boss (Madame Hydra) before the timer runs down. Once marvelheroes.info gets their build database updated and people have a chance to repopulate it (or players start posting build info on the forums) I'll revisit them and see if I can sort them out. In the mean time, I'll churn through the remaining heroes before picking someone to prestige and run through the updated story.

Aside from learning to love not hate the new teleport/dash limitations, the only design issue I have run into is that for some heroes the talents are set up so that you are forced to either use one specific non-signature powers in any build or waste a talent tier.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Tao

Post by Tao »

After spending some time with various heroes over the weekend I will say I don't hate (as many folks are claiming) the new system but I also don't see where it really added much to the game or the fun factor. So far it seems either a little worse or "just different" depending on the hero. The one exception for me is Hawkeye, who I didn't really like before and find him a bit more fun to play although definitely not "more powerful, just more fun.

This is all based on Midtown Heroic Mode, have not tried cosmic yet so take with a grain of salt.

I leveled Storm from 50 to 60 under the new system and she still appears to dish out a lot of damage however now it's predicated on her new resource mechanic and spamming abilities that put her in overload so you can spam her big damage abilities and back and forth.

I have a mid 30's colossus and I ran him around for a few levels. Tankiness still feels right but he still kills sooo slow. The summon tree seemed a neat addition at first but after a bit of playing it fell a little flat. . I would have rather had more DPS or even more tank stuff rather than some hybrid quasi summons with short durations and really long CD's

I leveled Punisher from 1 to 60 just recently and enjoyed his playstyle and abilities, not so much anymore. Just about every ability I have slotted has a charge counter now which, for me, makes his rotation very rigid. On the plus side so far he seems to still deal good damage.

Playing Doctor Doom with only one bar was a bit off-putting but so far it seems like he doesn't really need the extra since with talents his summons mostly appear without having to click a button. So far he still seems like a beast.

Ultron was another hero I played with nearly two full bars, one for his personal attacks and one for summons. A month ago I would have been hard pressed to decide who is more powerful Ultron or Doom but now it's and easy answer; Doom.

Rocket felt on par with his former self with a few changes to his summons. I need to play him some more but so far the turrets feel sort of meh, in that most stuff was dying to his gun/plasma abilities more so than the turrets.

Scarlet Witch felt like she lost a tad DPS but she felt so OP before it's barely noticeable. Still one of my favorite heroes and just a blast to play for me.

I am sitting a a stack of Eternity Splinters and have the urge to start a new hero to run through the new content with; I was looking at Ant-Man as a possibility. Anyone have anyone opinion on his fun factor. I also considered Magik but I am flush with summoners right now with Doom, Ultron, Iceman, Rocket and summoner Rogue.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It's clobbering time!
Enlarge Image

Thing is an unholy overpowered wrecking ball. Literally. Not that that's a bad thing. :)

I didn't time it, but he demolished the Cosmic Trial in a fraction of the time that it took for any other hero I tried to date. Until they get around to the inevitable nerf, Thing seems like the new Scarlet Witch.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

As of this morning I've completed the Cosmic Trial on all heroes currently in the game. BTW, while you need to pass the Cosmic Trial in order to unlock access to cosmic-level patrols, the cosmic patrols are much tougher than they used to be, by design.
PsiLocke@Gazillion wrote:I wanted to take some time to talk about the 3 new Difficulty levels that were just released, specifically Cosmic Difficulty.
We've read a lot of your feedback and understand that some players are frustrated with what they believe to be overtuned bosses and undertuned rewards.

Allow me to first clarify exactly how each difficulty level should compare to pre-patch:
  1. Normal is closest to what Story Mode and Green/Red Terminals were previously. It's great for a first play through or if you just want to mow down enemies without too much thought or effort.
  2. Heroic is somewhere between the old Cosmic Terminals and Cosmic Midtown/Patrol zones. It should be appropriate for players who could previously pass the Cosmic Trial. This encompasses the majority of our end-game heroes.
  3. Cosmic is intended to be near the top of difficulty curve and somewhere between the old Epic and Cosmic Danger Room scenarios. The majority of heroes should not be able to complete this difficulty efficiently, otherwise it would not live up to its name as our hardest current difficulty.
A big mistake we acknowledge is that using the term "Cosmic" for the last difficulty confused many players who were previously able to dominate Cosmic Terminals and Cosmic Patrols. Although we are not changing this word in the next patch, we are definitely going to come up with a better collection of names for our eventual difficulty levels.

What we'd like to emphasize is that having 3 different difficulties allows us to set up a huge range of challenge from very easy to very difficult. We are no longer limited to having end-game players roll through every single piece of content because we needed that one mode to be accessible to a large number of players.

So, on to the questions you're wondering about most:

Q: Are we going to reduce boss health or damage in Cosmic Difficulty?

A: For the upcoming patch, we are going to focus on a myriad of bug fixes. Thus, we will be closely monitoring the metrics and player performance in Cosmic regions this week and consider mob tuning changes for the following week. There were just so many changes to items, attributes, the Infinity System, team-ups, powers, and talents that it will take at minimum one to two weeks for players to really start optimizing their builds and performing close to their potential.

Q: Are we going to increase rewards in Cosmic Difficulty?

A: The answer is yes, but not in this next patch. Work has been ongoing to update loot tables to match the difficulty of each difficulty mode, and how much we increase rewards by will depend greatly on how fast players are completing the content. We know many players are looking forward to Omega Items, which are not coming in the near term, but what we are focusing on right now is that for those who can efficiently clear either Heroic or Cosmic Difficulty, the rewards are clearly better than just going down to the next lower difficulty.
So, basically, the new Heroic difficulty is more or less the old Cosmic difficulty (soloable by a decently geared L60 hero) while the new Cosmic is not really intended to be something that can be effectively soloed until they roll out the omega gear. You can sort of do it, but it feels very grindy and the multi-boss events are going to time out on you if there aren't multiple players working together to bring them down. The cosmic terminals do seem to be soloable, but the boss fights take a longer than before and the loot rewards just don't feel worth it without the bounty chests.

BTW, since they plan on tuning mobs, you might want to knock out the Cosmic Trial for any L60 heroes in your stable, just to get the unlock out of the way while the going is easy. It wouldn't surprise me if they decide to ramp up the difficulty to make it something closer to the challenge that it used to be.

Tao

Post by Tao »

I have been giving some thought to the new difficulty levels the past few nights. Heroic is definitely no joke, especially in comparison to normal where I can sleepwalk through the map essentially using one or two powers. I need to stay focused and use all my powers to play effectively. Having said that personally I would put heroic a notch or two below classic Cosmic, I have been running heroic with a wide range of heroes mid to max level, almost all of which have a hodgepodge of gear. Gear wise my under 60's are running yellow gear with no relics, missing artifacts, no runes, no blessings etc. So while heroic is definitely more challenging than normal (a good thing IMHO) I don't find it quite as difficult as old cosmic. My gripe with heroic, and one that is talked about in the dev quote, is ROI. Heroic is supposed to offer better XP rewards but because of the high mob health (and perhaps my under-geared heroes) TTK is waaay too long to make it worth while. I am in constant motion moving from one mob group to the next, just blazing through normal Midtown, so even though xp rewards are reduced I am killing so quickly I am coming out way ahead in comparison to heroic.

I ran Thing up from level 1 to just shy of 30 doing the story mode last night and he does seem quite fun to play. Even though I was in story mode his DPS seems rather overtuned, particularly the 3 abilities where he summons either Reed, Sue or Johnny. The Mr. Fantastic Hammer spin just devastates everything and anything on the map. Feel's like, to me, they cloned some of the better powers from Colossus and Hulk and mashed them in to one character.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It appears that the fastest way to level up now is by doing the story mode. I've prestiged Ironman a couple of times, and if I just do the story missions at heroic difficulty I hit L60 in Chapter 3, but if I do the shared dailies and a couple of legendary terminal missions as well I hit L60 before the end of Chapter 2. That's with the hero synergy XP bonus, of course, but it still seems a lot faster than just grinding through the midtown patrol, which was the traditional way to power level.

McG2k1

Post by McG2k1 »

This update has crushed my will to play this game. i definately went through phases with it, love and hate and love again. I have all characters at 60 and most of the sidekicks maxed. I have about 10 characters cleared in cosmic trials and the at least 5 of them best in slot geared. or at least one of the variants of bos. I feel like I've paid my dues in the game and this update just has me WTF'ing everything in there now. like I dont even know where to start.

How is Thor now? he was my main, and Storm was my guilty pleasure.
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

I'm liking the game a lot more now fwiw, it's a big change from where it was, but I like it.
I loved DP too! :P - ChesspieceFace
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

McG2k1 wrote:This update has crushed my will to play this game. i definately went through phases with it, love and hate and love again. I have all characters at 60 and most of the sidekicks maxed. I have about 10 characters cleared in cosmic trials and the at least 5 of them best in slot geared. or at least one of the variants of bos. I feel like I've paid my dues in the game and this update just has me WTF'ing everything in there now. like I dont even know where to start.

How is Thor now? he was my main, and Storm was my guilty pleasure.
I ran through all of the heroes post-patch, and all of them remain viable (i.e. I was able to complete the Cosmic Trial with them). Thor hasn't been one of my go-to heroes, but I think he plays pretty much the same as before the update. Here is what the patch notes had to say about changes to him/her:
The Mighty Thor’s place in the pantheon of heroes is strong and steady. We left him in a good spot after his review, and the move towards Talents and Traits will not diminish his power. There have been a couple of tweaks to his powers but for the most part he will play much as he did before. Fear not, the Odinson still wields the Mighty Mjolnir adeptly.

New Tree - Talents

Thor has his Traits in Asgardian Strength and Yggdrasil’s Boon. We implemented Talent tiers to enhance his styles of play, whether it be smashing or smiting. Throughout his Talents, Thor can gain access to a “Godly Smite”, a powerful automatic lightning strike triggered by his other powers. Thor’s Odinforce can also be enhanced to have its effects increased, or to remove it completely.

Power Changes
  • For Asgard! Can be remapped into Berserker Rage which costs more health but grants a more potent offensive buff.
  • Lightning Hammer is now ‘Lightning Storm’, which channels lightning around Thor in a large area. Lightning Hammer has swapped trees with Hammer of Storms.
  • Ragnarok can now become a Ranged power via a Talent, throwing Mjolnir a fixed distance in front of Thor for massive damage.
  • Hammer Strike now gains 3% bonus critical hit chance per bar of Odinforce.
  • Hammer Strike now has the arc-lightning effect from Hammer of Wrath baked directly into the power. This works for both the melee and ranged versions.
  • Hammer Smash no longer (by default) requires Imbued.
  • Hammer of Storms missile speed increased 30%.
  • Thunderous Charge Odinforce generation increased 50%.
  • Forked Lightning now gains 1% damage per 1% attack speed.
  • Crack the Sky targets hit while Imbued increased to 3.
  • The Anti-Force now has both the energy blast visual and its original distortion-based visual. The distortion generally won't appear on machines with lower settings, but adds a nice element for those on higher settings.
In terms of buildcrafting, the main thing is that instead of gearing up to max out the levels of your powers-of-choice, you are able to use any mix of up to 8 active powers. All passive/toggle abilities are incorporated in the talents/traits system. Each hero has 2 or 3 traits that define things like their primary attributes (strength and energy for Thor), which contribute to their base damage rating, the resource type (for Thor, you've got spirit and Odin Force) and whatever mix of passive bonuses are available right at level 1. There are also 5 tiers of talents that unlock progressively as you level up through the L31-60 range (powers unlock in the L1-30 range and the ultimate power unlocks at L60). At each tier, you can activate any one of the three options that customize the hero in some way by changing how particular powers or mechanics work.

Gear affixes that increased powers have been removed, since a power simply operates at "full" level once it unlocks. In their place, gear may now have attribute affixes. Hero-specific gear will have affixes for that hero's primary attributes, while other gear generally has a thematic attribute affix (if any). I have no idea whether things that used to be BIS are still best, but it probably depends on why they were best.

The most significant changes that I saw were that some heroes have completely new resource mechanics. A typical example would be Storm:
The Goddess of Weather can be an awe-inspiring hero to play. Being in control of wind, ice, and lightning is a ton of fun and quite effective in battling enemies. Storm is an older hero, and her power trees reflect an earlier focus on toggles and passive powers. With our changes to power and Talent trees, space is an issue, and many heroes are having passive powers switch to Traits or Talents. That way passive powers or toggles do not necessarily need to be cut but can be reassigned to be Talents. Storm is no exception, and we are satisfied that she is able to retain her powerset in addition to a couple of new powers.

New Secondary Resource - Tempest

Storm has been give a new Secondary Resource in the form of Tempest. As she strikes enemies, her Tempest meter will fill, and when it reaches capacity Storm enters the Tempest Surge state, allowing her to activate Storm Surge or Thundering Maelstrom. Tempest rapidly decreases during Tempest Surge until it is fully depleted.

New Tree - Talents

Storm has taken some of the passive stats from Spirited and Healing Winds to get her Traits which are Goddess of Weather and Cloak of Wind. Since Ororo has three major sources of her elemental powers, we dedicated a tier to emphasizing a type of weather specialization. A tier to choose her Tempest power is also available to function essentially as her old toggles did, but for smaller durations. Buffs to her Signature Typhoon power can grant a damage over time effect, or cooldown reduction through use of Storm Surge.

New Powers
  • Hurricane Winds - This power is a Talented remap of Maelstrom, which creates a huge cooldown Wind attack that knocks enemies down
  • Billion Volt Strike - This power is a Talented remap of Maelstrom, which creates a massive lightning strike in an area
Power Changes
  • Storm Surge is now only usable when Tempest is full. This power always deals Critical Hits, irresistibly freezes enemies, and summons two Tornadoes while active.
  • Thundering Maelstrom is now only usable when Tempest is full.
  • Elusive Shock now has a 4s cooldown and the hit radius of the lightning effect has been increased.
  • Crashing Hail changed to support 2 simultaneous areas of effect.
  • Typhoon now additionally generates 100% Tempest when activated. No longer affected by Power Duration.
Storm's Tempest resource starts at zero and increases over time in combat until it hits its max value, at which point she enters Tempest Surge mode. This gives her a passive buff as well as activating a set of powers that only operate while Tempest Surge is active. Once it activates, her Tempest decreases at a fixed rate until it reaches zero, which deactivates Tempest Surge. The cycle then begins again, and she oscillates between the two modes.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

2.02 Patch Notes
  • New hero: Beast
    Enlarge Image
  • New team-up: Jubilee
    Enlarge Image
  • Updated cosmic-difficulty rewards
  • Terminal bounty missions are back
  • Cosmic artifacts
  • New Boss-specific artifacts
  • New high-value credit item loot drops
  • An extensive round of hero bug-fixes and some substantial revamps (at a guess, not all heroes were actually ready to go for the original update and are being redone in patches)

McG2k1

Post by McG2k1 »

jeeze, thank you for the super comprehensive post. Now I feel obligated to play just cause of your time sink!
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

2.03 Patch Notes
  • Valentine's Day event - starting on February 10th and ending at 11:59pm PST, February 14th
  • S.H.I.E.L.D. Supply Drops & Boost Changes
  • Danger Room & Raid Changes
  • Variety of Item/Team-Up/Hero changes and miscellaneous changes/bug-fixes

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

New playable hero: Black Bolt, King of the Inhumans.
Enlarge Image

2.04 Patch Notes
  • Black Bolt
  • Changes to hero power animations
  • Changes to Summon powers and itemization
  • Updates to Story Chapters 4, 7 and 8
  • Changes to Slot 1-5 item affixes
  • Changes to item level drop chances
  • Changes to some unique items
  • Changes to SHIELD supply drops
  • Visual updates to a number of costumes
  • Heroes and Team-Ups are now unlocked solely from the roster, not through the Eternity Splinter vendor
  • Changes to various heroes (including the specific power animation changes)
  • Misc changes/bug fixes

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Max Peck wrote:
Baroquen wrote:I seemed to get double of all the boxes/gift items. Two Old Laces, two boxes of relics, etc. Was that a glitch or did everyone get the same?
Yup, I had the dupe gifts and saw other people saying the same in chat in-game. It's too bad the duplicate stash boxes can't be redeemed. :)
If you had some duplicate (unusable) gift stash boxes from the Holiday event, and you held onto them, then it appears that the devs have converted them into Eternity Splinters at the rate of 600ES per stash box. I had 6 x 200ES splinter crates in my inventory when I logged in today, and my pair of dupe stash boxes were gone.

Finally, being an OCD packrat pays off! :)

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Max Peck wrote:
Max Peck wrote:
Baroquen wrote:I seemed to get double of all the boxes/gift items. Two Old Laces, two boxes of relics, etc. Was that a glitch or did everyone get the same?
Yup, I had the dupe gifts and saw other people saying the same in chat in-game. It's too bad the duplicate stash boxes can't be redeemed. :)
If you had some duplicate (unusable) gift stash boxes from the Holiday event, and you held onto them, then it appears that the devs have converted them into Eternity Splinters at the rate of 600ES per stash box. I had 6 x 200ES splinter crates in my inventory when I logged in today, and my pair of dupe stash boxes were gone.

Finally, being an OCD packrat pays off! :)
Me too! 1200 ES is an extremely pleasant surprise. :)

Got the ES stash (apparently I never spent the 600 ES to get it) and 3 random hero boxes - a dup Loki and 2 new: Beast and Green Goblin. Woot! Now I have 34/61 unlocked.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

New hero: Nick Fury
Enlarge Image

New team-up: Medusa
Enlarge Image

The 2.07 patch notes detail a significant revamp of the Infinity System.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Anyone else having trouble with this locking up the last couple days?

I have Windows 10 and MS just did some big update that was supposed to all kinds of exciting. Think there was a game patch a couple days ago as well. Last 2 days I played, when I exited, it just locked. Has to Ctrl-Alt-Del and sign off to get it to exit. Alt-F4 didn't work and couldn't get task manager menu up to kill it from there. Just the C-A-D menu.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I haven't had any problems, but I also haven't had the Win10 "Creators Update" land on me yet either.

AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Couch co-op!

My wife and I are currently re-playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance together -- it looks like this might be a good follow-up.
ydejin

Post by ydejin »

AWS260 wrote:
Couch co-op!

My wife and I are currently re-playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance together -- it looks like this might be a good follow-up.
I did some couch coop with the closed beta with a friend. There are some odd characteristics.
  • All progress occurs with Player 1's account and all characters are from Player 1's account. So basically Player 2 can play, but he/she is using Player 1's stuff (including characters, level, equipment, currency). If you only ever play couch coop, this might be a plus, since anything Player 1 unlocks or purchases can be used by Player 2. So for example, I purchased the Avenger's Pack so either P1 or P2 could use Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow, or Hawkeyes.
  • Rather oddly given the previous point, both Player 1 and Player 2 must have real PSNet accounts they don't have to be paid accounts, but they can't be local accounts. I'm not quite sure why given the previous bullet point, but that's how it currently works.
They say they will consider having Player 2 access their own account information, but sounds like it's an architectural limitation of how the game runs and might be a fair bit of work to change, so don't hold your breath.

That said, we had a lot of fun playing couch coop.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The 4th Anniversary event has commenced.
ALL EVENT LONG
  • Server Side Boost - 150% XP
  • Cosmic Leveling - Cosmic Leveling XP Bonus
  • Anniversary Tournament - Live throughout the entire event
  • Train Yard Sentinel Danger Room Tournament - Live throughout the entire event
6/2 to 6/7 - WEEK 1 Events & Sales!
  • Cosmic Chaos - Cosmic bosses drop double loot & more!
  • Mystic Mayhem - Defeat the Demon Lord N’astirh in Infernal Limbo, Legendary Mystic Scroll drops, higher rare rune drop rates, Strike on Limbo mission, and more!
  • 15% Bonus G Sale - Receive 15% Bonus G on any G bundle purchased.
  • Half Off Heroes - All Heroes are 50% OFF when purchased individualy!
  • Variant Costumes - All Variants are back in the store!
6/8 to 6/14 - WEEK 2 Events & Sales!
  • Midtown Madness - Head to Midtown for a chance at very rare items such as the Midtown Fortune Card, an increased chance to roll cosmic or unique items, and more!
  • ARMOR Incursion - ARMOR Defender Mission, ARMOR Drives, Exclusive Items & Artifacts, Enchant Recipes, and more!
  • Week 2 Mystery Sales - Come back to see which sales will be live!
6/15 to 6/21 - WEEK 3 Events & Sales!
  • Odin's Bounty - Active EVERYWHERE all week!
  • Operation Omega - Faster Omega Leveling, Daily Double Omega Orb Shared Quest, Exclusive Items & Artifacts, and more!
  • Week 3 Mystery Sales - Come back to see which sales will be live!
6/22 to 6/28 - WEEK 4 Events & Sales!
  • ALL ANNIVERSARY EVENTS & SALES - Ending the Anniversary Celebration with a bang... ALL events and sales from the previous weeks of Anniversary are active all at once!
For more info about the month long anniversary event, check out our full 2.10 Patch Notes!
BOHZE MOI!

A canine visitor from Knowhere has traveled to Earth, but was quickly kidnapped! Help him escape captivity by looking for a remote notification upon logging in - complete the new mission and you will be rewarded with a brand new companion!

S.H.I.E.L.D. AIR SUPPORT TEAM-UP

Joining the Team-Up Roster for Marvel Heroes 2016 is… the Helicarrier itself!

The S.H.I.E.L.D. Air Support Team-Up is a unique style of Team-Up that cannot be summoned directly like most Team-Ups. Instead, the Hellicarrier will be called in to support you in combat with various air strikes and strafing runs - activating the summon ability will call in a huge missile strike in your area.

This new Team-Up can be purchased from the Anniversary Event Vendor in Avenger’s Tower for 100 Cake Slices. Be sure to grab yours during the Anniversary event this month!

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

During the month long birthday event, be sure to long in daily if possible for your 50 free slices of birthday cake.

Some things of significant note you can buy:
2 different crates of 500 Eternity Splinters (the in game currency for buying heroes and stuff that would normally require money) - 365 slices each - they are unique, u can use them both once each.

New SHIELD Helicarrier team-up

Year's 1-3 birthday cakes. Year 4 Birthday cake w/ some new stuff.

Hordes of other things, check out the patch notes of the birthday cake vendor in game.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

And that's a wrap...

Marvel Heroes Shut Down by Disney
Disney and Marvel are shutting down free-to-play action RPG Marvel Heroes.

In part with this decision, Disney has ended its relationship with Marvel Heroes publisher, Gazillion Entertainment, according to a statement IGN received from Marvel Entertainment.

"We regret to inform our Marvel Heroes fans that we have ended our relationship with Gazillion Entertainment, and that the Marvel Heroes games will be shut down. We would like to sincerely thank the players who joined the Marvel Heroes community, and will provide any further updates as they become available," a representative for Marvel Entertainment confirmed.

As noted by Kotaku, some signs of trouble at Gazillion arose when the developer missed several weekly community updates.

Players have been able to enjoy the PC version for years, with Marvel Heroes: Omega launching on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in June of this year. The game has featured heroes from every corner of the Marvel Universe, recently adding Black Bolt and Loki to consoles. It has also seen multiple tie-ins to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, including releases for films this year like Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Originally released in June of 2013, the free-to-play game initially received mixed reviews, but over time Gazillion has consistently improved the game, also adding many fan-favorite characters.
I'm sorry to see it go, but according to Steam I've logged 2392 hours of playtime, so I can't say I didn't get my money's worth out of the game.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Official word from Gazillion:
We’re sad to inform our players and our entire Marvel Heroes family that Marvel Heroes Omega will be shutting down. The Marvel Heroes servers will stay on until Dec 31, 2017, and we’ll be removing real money purchases as soon as possible. Players will be able to play the game entirely for free once this sunset period commences. We will share the exact date things go completely free as soon as we can.

We’ve had the privilege of entertaining and collaborating with our players for over four years. We’re extremely humbled by that privilege and wanted to get this message out: Thank you. Thank you to our players, our tireless employees, and everyone involved in the life of Marvel Heroes, Marvel Heroes 2015, Marvel Heroes 2016, and Marvel Heroes Omega.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The Marvel Heroes servers will stay on until Dec 31, 2017,
Or Friday
Massively OP has received a credible tip from a former Gazillion employee who told us under condition of anonymity that Marvel Heroes will be over significantly sooner than Disney and Marvel previously declared.

The ex-employee says he was terminated as of today, that Gazillion is being shut down entirely, and that Marvel Heroes will sunset this coming Friday, not at the end of the year as originally announced.

The termination letter written by CEO Dave Dohrmann was shared with Massively OP and claims that banking creditors have effectively pulled the plug on the company, leading to the termination of almost every employee at the studio and the apparent renege of benefits including accrued PTO.
Update: Former Gaz gameplay engineer Andrew Hair has now publicly cross-corroborated on Twitter parts of the letter we received from our source. “I know a lot of people are upset and wanting refunds for their purchases in Marvel Heroes,” he wrote, “but please keep in mind the developers were not paid out PTO, severance, and our medical insurance is ending in 8 days.”
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Apparently not Friday after all. There was a rumour (prompted by a countdown timer on marvelheroes.info) that the servers were going down at 1800 Gaz time (PST), but they stayed up. Then everyone assumed they would go down at midnight Gaz time, but they're still up. So, either they're going down at some randomly selected time (to punish the die-hard player base?) or they're staying up until the end of the year as originally announced. Time will tell.

Once they do finally go down, I will need to decide whether I'm going to find a new ARPG or just make a Deadpool clone in Champions Online and run with that. :)

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

And it looks like that's a wrap. I guess the person tasked to shut down the servers didn't go in to work until after the holiday weekend.

Enlarge Image