Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrBSUK6XI8g" target="_blank

http://www.instantkingdom.com/" target="_blank
Reemul

Re: Driftmoon

Post by Reemul »

Also

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02 ... ore-143440" target="_blank

Looks great, £10 on GMG at the moment and I am picking this one up tonight.
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

I need a full report. Is this game worth getting?
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

There is a demo at the official site which includes a 20% discount code.
-mf
silvaril

Post by silvaril »

Heya

Also available at GoG:
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/driftmoon" target="_blank
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Got it from GMG for £7 and played 10 mins, seems pretty good but it's tea time. Report back later
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

Got it from GMG for £7 and played 10 mins, seems pretty good but it's tea time. Report back later
Wait a sec, you guy actually have tea time over there?
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

I've played about 45 minutes worth (about to leave the first town). So far, I'm really enjoying my time. It's a light RPG with humorous dialogue mixed in with the more serious main plot. Graphics-wise, it reminds me of "Fate". For $12 on GOG, you get good value.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

msduncan wrote:
Wait a sec, you guy actually have tea time over there?
Of course :D
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

I'm surprised more people here aren't playing this. It really is a fun little RPG/adventure hybrid with a good story and excellent dialogue. It's fairly linear, but it is definitely worth the price. GOG has it for $12 until Tuesday, which is a few bucks off.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Teggy

Post by Teggy »

I voted for it on Greenlight. No use adding to the backlog now at full price.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Teggy wrote:I voted for it on Greenlight. No use adding to the backlog now at full price.
Well GMG had it at 20% off at release and an additional 20% gmg coupon as well so it cost me £7 on release which is 40%. Not really full price.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Just picked this up recently as part of GOG's mutator sale, and I'm glad I did. What a great game! It may not have the best graphics in the world, but it has gameplay in spades. There's something to be said about a slower paced RPG. It reminds me a bit of Dink Smallwood in terms of lightheartedness and moddibility even though that game was more of an action-RPG, and speaking of, that game is now free and remastered in HD:

http://www.rtsoft.com/pages/dink.php
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Hipolito

Post by Hipolito »

Heya!

(Whatever happened to silvaril, our Say Heya Kid?)

I just finished this game. Though it had a slow beginning that nearly made me quit, it became really fun.

It's been compared to Ultima VII for both positive and negative reasons. It has lots of well-written dialogue with the townsfolk you meet and plenty of sidequests to help them find happiness. On the downside, the real-time combat has little tactical intrigue. Although you'll pick up some neat powers when you level up, you still don't do much in combat except wait to see which side runs out of hit points first. Fortunately, the game emphasizes adventure and dialogue over fighting.

The inventory system is way better than in Ultima VII. You no longer have to open your backpack to feed yourself every ten minutes. You automatically eat any food you pick up, and it goes into a "food reserve" that restores your hit points between battles. That's pretty handy. You can also press hotkeys to use special abilities and potions. You can gather ingredients to craft potions, though I didn't feel the need to do much crafting. (Maybe crafting becomes more important at higher difficulty levels.) And the descriptions of the unique weapons and armor offer amusing lore.

This is quite a lighthearted and funny game, with some really wacky characters and pop culture references (without overdoing them). Although the story is broadly a typical fantasy yarn about gathering ancient artifacts, the surprises and magical moments along the way keep it interesting. There are also some puzzles which range from cool to tolerable. There's even a sliding tile puzzle, that bane of adventure gamers, but it's not too onerous.

If you want a break from lengthy and serious RPGs, give this little 2013 gem a try.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I so wish there'd be a sequel to this game! It's one of my favourites for sure.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Hipolito

Post by Hipolito »

A sequel would be great. The ending implies that there's much more adventuring to be done, and it would be great to talk to all the characters again (my favorite being the guy in the library who constantly compares everything to food).

I'd also like to see the entire Ultima series, from Akalabeth to Ascension, done in the Driftmoon engine. Just one big old epic game.