Fundraising complete, next renewal is August 2022. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

Video Games Randomness

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

hitbyambulance
Loading…

Re: Video Games Randomness

Post by hitbyambulance »

was in a used music/movie/game store today and there was Disgaea 4 (PS3) for $10. still need to get 5, which will be on PC. (have 1 on PS2 and PC, 2 on PS2, 3 and 4 on PS3 and the PSP and DS releases. going to get the PC version of 2 as well, someday). wish they all could be ported to computer so i wouldn't have to bother with different consoles to play these.
Daehawk
Loading…

Post by Daehawk »

Random thought .... I wonder if Bioware were thinking of the Kurgan from Highlander when they named the Krogan?
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

hitbyambulance wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:51 pm was in a used music/movie/game store today and there was Disgaea 4 (PS3) for $10. still need to get 5, which will be on PC. (have 1 on PS2 and PC, 2 on PS2, 3 and 4 on PS3 and the PSP and DS releases. going to get the PC version of 2 as well, someday). wish they all could be ported to computer so i wouldn't have to bother with different consoles to play these.
Not a fan of emulators? :)
My game FAQs | Join Massdrop and see what sort of deals they have! | Playing: ADR1FT, Frontier Pilot Simulator
hitbyambulance
Loading…

Post by hitbyambulance »

any of the available PS2 emulators works pretty well, but the PS3 one is not quite there yet.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I started playing Final Fantasy XV this weekend on the XBox. I bought it with the console back in 2017, but it didn't really click with me in the 3 hours I put into it. For reference, the last Final Fantasy game I played was V on the Super Nintendo in 1996.

Anywho, I replayed the tutorial and put about 13 hours into it this weekend. I'm not sure I love the combat, but it's more interesting that cartoon characters standing in one place and attacking like in V. It took me a really long time to fit this world into my view of Final Fantasy - the modern look was just off putting. Also, there is a lot of walking and driving which seems like completely wasted time. 3 minutes to drive somewhere on auto is stupid. I'm still in the starting area (Chapter 2 though) and Level 15, so maybe I just have to advance further for it to really hit it's groove.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
disarm

Post by disarm »

stessier wrote:I started playing Final Fantasy XV this weekend on the XBox. I bought it with the console back in 2017, but it didn't really click with me in the 3 hours I put into it. For reference, the last Final Fantasy game I played was V on the Super Nintendo in 1996.

Anywho, I replayed the tutorial and put about 13 hours into it this weekend. I'm not sure I love the combat, but it's more interesting that cartoon characters standing in one place and attacking like in V. It took me a really long time to fit this world into my view of Final Fantasy - the modern look was just off putting. Also, there is a lot of walking and driving which seems like completely wasted time. 3 minutes to drive somewhere on auto is stupid. I'm still in the starting area (Chapter 2 though) and Level 15, so maybe I just have to advance further for it to really hit it's groove.
I started FF XV about three months ago on a whim...wanted something my 6yo who loves Japanese cartoons could watch me play. It took a a little bit to get into the gameplay, but I'm now at level 58 after somewhere around 40-45 hours and still only on chapter 7. Once I hit chapter 3 and the world really opened up, I got sucked into doing hunts, collecting dog tags, running errands and just exploring the map. Income you've explored more of the map, you can do more quick-traveling instead of waiting for the car to drive around so slowly. Chocobos can also speed up getting around the map once you gain that ability.

I'm pretty over-leveled for the main story missions for now, but I'm still having fun. It's a much more light-hearted game than most of what I've played recently (Witcher 3, Last of Us 2) and a nice change of pace...fun characters with just enough challenge to keep it interesting.
*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing - The Witcher 3
Daehawk
Loading…

Post by Daehawk »

Another ESO Plus free trial

This one runs through Monday Oct 19.
No credit card info is required to try out ESO Plus. Just visit the in-game Crown Store and activate it.
EDIT: Spent all that time downloading it and starting the free trial of the ESO+ so I could make a Warden and Necro to test.....it supposedly comes with all the DLC....and still cant have access to those 2 classes to create a character. BAH useless.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

They specify what DLC you can access with the ESO+ trial:
  • Full access to DLC game packs—new zones, quests, dungeons, and more
    • Includes Orsinium, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Shadows of the Hist, Morrowind (zone and story), Horns of the Reach, Clockwork City, Dragon Bones, Summerset (zone and story), Wolfhunter, Murkmire, Wrathstone, Elsweyr (zone and story), Scalebreaker, Dragonhold, Harrowstorm, and Stonethorn (our most-recent DLC!)
The Warden and Necromancer classes aren't included in those DLC packs, they're sold separately as upgrades or are included if you bought the Morrowind and Elsweyr chapters (which are now bundled in with the Greymoor chapter). If you haven't purchased the chapters or class upgrades, you don't get access to the new classes with a paid ESO+ subscription, so it's no surprise that they aren't included with a free trial. TANSTAAFL
Time and tide melt the snowman.

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.
-- The Doctor
Daehawk
Loading…

Post by Daehawk »

Ubisoft and Crytek Breached
The ransomware operators said they breached the Ubisoft network, but only stole data, and did not encrypt any of the company's files. On the other hand, 'Crytek has been encrypted fully,' the Egregor crew told ZDNet." They say that user accounts are not the only files allegedly compromised
GroovAtroN, stop asking
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

That almost sounds like a repeat of an earlier incident. Wasn't the source code for the first Watch Dogs stolen?
PC:
Intel i5 660
8GB RAM
Asus ROG 4GB 1050Ti
Daehawk
Loading…

Post by Daehawk »

GroovAtroN, stop asking
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

I decided I wanted to check our Star Wars: The Old Republic. I haven't played since... 2011? A long time, anyway.

My account still seems to exist but is inaccessible:

I have no security key and the form instructs me to leave it blank - until I try to submit a new password when it tells me a key is required.

OK, back to WoW I guess. :lol: :doh:
Daehawk
Loading…

Post by Daehawk »

GroovAtroN, stop asking