Video Games Randomness - Prioritize specific game threads!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Smoove_B

Re: PC Gaming Randomness

Post by Smoove_B »

Is there a thread somewhere talking about Red Shell's alleged spyware?
Yes.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I just installed two games I didn't get far in. I have a bunch of other old games installed. So why do I keep thinking about playing STALKER for the 6th time or so?? Argh. Out of my head! I know that game too well. The entire map has been run many times. Yet I think of it.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:35 pm I just installed two games I didn't get far in. I have a bunch of other old games installed. So why do I keep thinking about playing STALKER for the 6th time or so?? Argh. Out of my head! I know that game too well. The entire map has been run many times. Yet I think of it.
I hear you. That's an itch I've been resisting for a while now. Not sure how much longer I'll be able to hold out.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Was trying Code 7, the free episode 0, and it's got a pretty good story, with solid voice acting, kinda scifi survival horror with a couple good twists.Some of the puzzles are not too obvious, but it works well enough. Graphics are simple enough, but gets the work done. Like it enough, MAY consider buying the whole thing.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Does anyone here play Warframe? It keeps popping up in my Steam queue, but I ignored it because I thought it was a team-based shooter (a la Overwatch). Looked into it a little last night, and it looks like a pretty cool Destiny-ish game that can be played solo. There's actually a ton of reviews saying it's really what Destiny should have been.

I'm definitely doing to give it a look, just curious if other here had any thoughts on it.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Everyone Ive spoken to seem to like it but me. I just dont like it.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I picked up Aircraft Evolution for $5 on the sale. It reminded me of the old arcade game, Two Tigers, but without the quarter slurping. I got to mission 15, and the game was so choppy due to poor optimization and so many things on screen that I can't finish it. One would figure my i7-7800X and GTX 1070 would be able to hold up to a side-scrolling shmup, so I'm just going to blame the game.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

...That moment when when it dawns on you that nothing has happened in a long time because you paused the game a long time ago.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I bought all the DLCs for Car Mechanic Sim 2015, mainly for the "heck of it". It's a few bucks I can afford, and it's cheap fun I can let go any time I want.

I bought FortressCraft. I doubt I'll actually have time to play it, but it sounds interesting.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Kasey Chang wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:34 pm I bought all the DLCs for Car Mechanic Sim 2015, mainly for the "heck of it". It's a few bucks I can afford, and it's cheap fun I can let go any time I want.
I put forty hours into CMS 2015 and was all prepared to pick up CMS 2018 when it released, but it was reported very buggy so I held off. It's now been almost a year and the latest reviews seem reasonably favorable. In the Steam Sale the Gold Edition, which is the base game and all but the latest DLC, is 39% off and I may bite.

I also just picked up PC Building Simulator even though I swore I'd never get an Early Access game again :roll:
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:54 pm Does anyone here play Warframe? It keeps popping up in my Steam queue, but I ignored it because I thought it was a team-based shooter (a la Overwatch). Looked into it a little last night, and it looks like a pretty cool Destiny-ish game that can be played solo. There's actually a ton of reviews saying it's really what Destiny should have been.

I'm definitely doing to give it a look, just curious if other here had any thoughts on it.
This is one of only a handful of games that gives me motion sickness on the PC.

Tried it on PS4 instead, and came away mostly 'meh' after a couple hours. Oh well, at least I tried.
mori

Post by mori »

Cat Goes Fishing
A very relaxing little game that I can play for 20- 30 minutes here and there.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Picked up West of Loathing, the Kingdom of Loathing RPG set in the Old West. Having a blast :D This game is quite charming.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

mori wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:16 pm Cat Goes Fishing
A very relaxing little game that I can play for 20- 30 minutes here and there.
I got it. Looked so cute and I love fishing games of all kinds. Glad I saw your post. Its such a fun little game with tons of upgrades to invest in from selling fish.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Yeah I got it a few years ago and was really hooked for a little while.
I have but one advocate.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

It's a cat. Fishing. Fun with the kids.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Not sure if anyone else has a max level Borderlands 2 character, but if so, and interested, I have some extra Infinity pistols that I don't want/need.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Played a bit more Car Mechanics Sim 2015... Fixed two Maseratis, and bought the Scifi DeLorean from an auction, plus another two cars. I've also fixed up one of the cars I had earlier, stripped it down to nothing, fixed every component that I could, and bought new for the rest, and put it back together. Just for grins, I've also replaced some the headlights, bumpers, and the engine to a supercharged one, plus the engine tuning. The car went for 92K, which roughly doubled my money.

I tried the car stripping, but it seems a lot of work for nothing. Basically, you pay 1000 to strip a random car, and you can take 100 parts total. So you have to be a bit more... strategic. On the car I got, I managed to get about 4000 worth of parts from it, but they are all low quality, so I basically sold all of them. I guess I could have tried to fix them, but I may lose a few and they would be worth even less.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Decided to play through some pretty mind-less games... A Hidden Object game called Space Legends: At the Edge of the Universe.

The story started okay. A couple was on a planet doing exploring when a storm hit. Husband barely made it back, was severely injurred. Wife had to hold the fort down but a power surge f***ed up the entire base. She needs to do a couple things to get the power back on, reinitialize all the other power modules so she can get out to the ship, fix it, and get the heck out of there. Okay, not that, pretty much your typical click-adventure with some puzzles. The puzzles are really "forced", like do a "slide the pieces" puzzle to reactivate the power distribution system, but that's kinda normal for adventure game puzzles. There was like two hidden object puzzles, basically she had to find items in this huge pile of stuff. It kinda fits.

Then the story got a weird twist. Upon escaping, just as they were about to wormhole out, they got hit by an asteroid. Somehow they landed safe on a planet, and once wife activated the cloaking field (a jigsaw puzzle?!!) she went off exploring, and was captured and dumped in jail. She had to break out, then had to go on quests to get to the castle, then more puzzles to escape the planet, which has weird mix of medieval and high-tech. Apparently this planet went under some major upheaval, the survivors somehow took the original mayor's son and made him king, but a giant comet is about to hit the planet... So the player had to solve a lot more esoteric puzzles to get access to the only spaceship left in the spaceport...

Story sucks, really. And some of the hidden object puzzles rely on you trying everything on everythng else, like pull open a curtain to find objects hidden in the back, or get a broom and clean the leaves to find the object hidden within. Even saw a log open to reveal the chipmunk... WTF?! It's just so... arbitrary, but then so are most puzzles. At the end, the heroine managed to find the key to activate the ship, run back to the palace, everybody runs for the ship, and the ship took off just before the comet hit. Hurray. Meh. 3/8
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sounds neat actually. I love those games and play them with my wife. its the only type she'll have any interest in. But Im running tired of the museums and fantasy settings.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Did you buy that dollar bundle off Fanatical?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im sorry I dont know of a dollar bundle.
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

For whomever really likes those games (I've played through a number of them), I have keys to give away for Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren`s Call, Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones, Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden, and The Secret Order 3: Ancient Times. I haven't tried that last one.
I have but one advocate.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Might get back to you on one or more of those if you really want to just be rid of them. Im busy with a reinstall of my system tonight and cant spare a bit to look up games right now.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:07 pm Im sorry I dont know of a dollar bundle.
Darn it. You just missed it, it seems. 24 keys for $1.00.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/dollar-viva-bundle

I think most of them are combination points-and-click adventures with hidden objects.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Tried "From the Depths" for two hours. Holy ****. I haven't even gotten through 1/4 of the tutorial yet.

The interface wasn't also very clear on how to delete an object (none of the help file explained that it's just right click in build mode). I was doing that tutorial mission there your boat's engine fell off and sank to the bottom. You need to not only repair the boat, but also run for it through the 3 waypoints WHILE keeping your ship's power at 1000, while 6 pirate ships plink you.

Took me 3 times to pass. First time, I rebuilt the bottom and basically ran for it, then I got hit by one of the cannonballs (or my avatar did). I respawned, but it dropped me well away from my ship and it's like HELLO! WTF!? Okay, restart! Second time, I built the engine up, ran for it, but apparently the pirates keep taking out my bilge pumps, the engines flooded, and I came to a dead stop, and they nailed me. Third time, I fixed the bottom rebuilt the engine, build a little box around me for armor, ADDED extra guns in the rear. Somehow those guys keep hulling me and taking out my pumps, I came to a stop, but my missiles took out a couple of them, and kept the ship fast enough to pull away from them, but I had to slow down and add to the engine, except I spent most of my resources on repairs. Had to unbuild my armor box and rear guns to find enough resources to improve the engine and finish the scenario.

Interesting game so far. Kinda Minecraft for adults, since you can build sea, air and spacecrafts...
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:24 pm Might get back to you on one or more of those if you really want to just be rid of them. Im busy with a reinstall of my system tonight and cant spare a bit to look up games right now.
I only redeemed one key from that bundle so far. Pick a few from the list. I'll gift you the keys. PM Me. I'm not TOO keen on this genre. :) As there are like 23 of them, pick, say... 4-6? I already redeemed the space one.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Kasey Chang wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:27 am
Daehawk wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:07 pm Im sorry I dont know of a dollar bundle.
Darn it. You just missed it, it seems. 24 keys for $1.00.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/dollar-viva-bundle

I think most of them are combination points-and-click adventures with hidden objects.
Too bad it's already ended. Interesting mixture... hard to go wrong for a buck.

I just picked up the Fanatical Anthology Fantasy Bundle for $2.99, now to decide which of them to actually redeem and which to pass on. :think:
-mf
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Why am I such a horrible MMO hopper? I have multiple max level toons in at least 7 different MMO's now, but rarely stick with one past that point. I always end up losing interest in the end-game grind, and bounce over to something new. In the past 4 months, I've gone from Elder Scrolls Online to Neverwinter, and now back to Guild Wars 2. I have no gaming focus at all, lol.

The only end-game to ever hook me was FF XIV, and I ended up dumping a couple thousand hours into it. Interestingly, it's now the only one that I really never feel any itch to go back to.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Kasey Chang wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:48 am
Daehawk wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:24 pm Might get back to you on one or more of those if you really want to just be rid of them. Im busy with a reinstall of my system tonight and cant spare a bit to look up games right now.
I only redeemed one key from that bundle so far. Pick a few from the list. I'll gift you the keys. PM Me. I'm not TOO keen on this genre. :) As there are like 23 of them, pick, say... 4-6? I already redeemed the space one.
I dont know what was in it Im afraid so cant pick unless I can find the bundle games listed somewhere. But thanks. Still may get back to you on it in the near future once Im all up and running and caught up. I had a big ultrawide screen filled with icons of installed games and apps..I now have 5 apps and 4 games back....i have a ways to go hahaha
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

They're all listed at the URL posted earlier, you just can't buy the bundle any longer.
-mf
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

My 12yo wanted to play something co-op this weekend and after a little consideration I picked up Borderlands 2 GOTY for $9 from wingamestore and we played co-op pretty much all weekend. I can still have a lot of fun with that game, though sometimes I want to strangle my son for grabbing all the good guns. In retaliation I am not sharing any of my 100+ golden keys with him!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

And not showing him how to get his own keys? You know they still post new codes regularly, right?

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key

Black Lives Matter

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I did see new codes were still being posted, which is kind of nuts after all this time.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Oh, and if your son is a fan of Minecraft, don't forget to grab your head skins.

Black Lives Matter

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

oh god...
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

TheMix wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:44 pm And not showing him how to get his own keys? You know they still post new codes regularly, right?

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key
i never knew about this....
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Just throwing this out......I finished all the Borderland games in coop multiplayer with strangers. But by the time The Pre Sequel came out the communities online seemed to have dried up and I never did get to play very much of the game and no where near finish it. Ive tried a couple times to solo play it but it just is not fun to me that way.

What Im getting at is if enough on OO has it and would like to play it through sometime plz keep me in mind as Id love to group up and see it done. It seems to have a great story to it and the gun play is the same as the others it seems.

Just a thought.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Even wit hall I have I cant find anything to play. I think its because I want stuff I cant afford. Dont know.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Maybe stop buying stuff you don't want to play.