Portal.....Im done

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Alefroth

Re: Portal.....Im done

Post by Alefroth »

Eel Snave wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:11 pm I picture you slaving away at a typewriter, overflowing waste basket next to you as you type and retype this sentence. You haven't slept a proper night in years. "No, no, NO!" you say, your head in your hands. "Why does this vex me so?"

You pace your study, pulling volumes off the shelf, Melville, Aristotle, Joyce, looking for that elusive inspiration that will bring your task to completion, but none comes.

Suddenly, September 1st of all days, you settle down in front of the typewriter, ready for another fruitless day staring at a blank sheet of paper, when finally, FINALLY the long-awaited for inspiration hits. Your fingers move as if by magic, spelling out the phrase, "Are you sure you aren't thinking of spoons?"

When the last punctuation mark is completed, you pull your trembling fingers back as your eyes well with tears. You gently pull the paper out of the typewriter, smiling. "I have done it," you whisper, a barely audible rasp. "That'll show that asshole Daehawk."
Brilliant! :lol:

You did all that in a day? :bow-yellow:
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

Papa Smurph wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:19 am Interesting. I see it differently... on a day... 13 years ago...
Some real Miss Havisham vibes going on there.
Alefroth wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:12 pm Brilliant! :lol:

You did all that in a day? :bow-yellow:
I slaved away for HOURS. My palms were sweaty, vomit was on my sweater already, mom's spaghetti.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:10 pm I bought it 10 years ago yesterday. I am pretty sure I started it once. Maybe I should try it. It appears I have Portal 2 as well.
I finally restarted Portal and am on the final(?) level a ways past the... oven. I'm a bit stumped but I'll figure it out. My 11yo wanted the portal games and started playing them which got me going as well. He is on level 18 mostly on his own so I am pretty impressed. He actually helped me get started as I wasn't grokking the early bits.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

All this time I kept reading this as Postal.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Seems I own Portal 2 but have never installed it. Not played the first one again either. Dont see me ever doing that. P2 maybe someday.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:55 pm Seems I own Portal 2 but have never installed it. Not played the first one again either. Dont see me ever doing that. P2 maybe someday.
You should play Portal 2, I just replayed it a few weeks ago with my daughter. It's not that long and it still holds up.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I remember the story being fantastic. I liked the first one, but the story felt slapped onto the puzzles. I loved the second one.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
JCC

Post by JCC »

Portal 2 is an all time great game. Portal was amusing. Portal 2 is hilarious. By far my favorite Valve game - but I have never been the lover of the Half Life series that most gamers are.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

...and now, in 2021, I am very much looking forward to playing Portal 2 for the first time. All this is mostly thanks to my 11 year old son getting a steam gift card for Christmas. I'll have to ask him how he decided Portal was a thing he needed to play. He was *super* excited that they were only $2 each.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:50 pm ...and now, in 2021, I am very much looking forward to playing Portal 2 for the first time. All this is mostly thanks to my 11 year old son getting a steam gift card for Christmas. I'll have to ask him how he decided Portal was a thing he needed to play. He was *super* excited that they were only $2 each.
That's fantastic!