Where did Prey 2 get to?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Smoove_B

Re: Where did Prey 2 get to?

Post by Smoove_B »

I had assumed the loading screens were a console/port optimization issue - something they didn't fix/address for PC users. It's annoying, for sure, but not a deal breaker.

I just finally made it to the Arboretum this morning. Still enjoying the hell out of the game - there's just so much stuff to do!
Maybe next year, maybe no go
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:35 pm I had assumed the loading screens were a console/port optimization issue - something they didn't fix/address for PC users. It's annoying, for sure, but not a deal breaker.

I just finally made it to the Arboretum this morning. Still enjoying the hell out of the game - there's just so much stuff to do!
Not a deal breaker by any means. It's just strange. I can not remember the last time a game had transition load screens. Don't think Dark Souls has them, and it came out over a decade ago (less interactive environment, obviously).
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I was about 13 hours into the game and wondering why on earth there were manual overrides to the door locks - so that you could stop them from automatically opening. I mean, mimics and phantoms are annoying but not difficult to deal with. Now I understand why there are door locks.
Spoiler:
Just saw the Nightmare for the first time in the lobby
Thankfully it was presented in a way that didn't immediately put me in danger, but I ended up using the airlocks to circle around and come in from a different direction where I knew I had manually locked the door and could scope things out (in the Psychotronics front office). Suffice to say I am not prepared in any way to deal with it.

However, this underscores another interesting element about the game. Normally I hate going back to previously explored parts of games, but for whatever reason it seems to work in this one. Not only are there additional dangers, but since I have new powers and skills from my first visit to some of these places, I now have additional options I hadn't considered. The game also creates believable reasons for you to backtrack, so perhaps that's part of it. At this point now I'm focused on addressing something I'd completely forgotten about early on in the game simply because I didn't have the skill.
Spoiler:
fixing the hull breach in the hardware labs
I've been focusing on the ridiculous number of side quests and haven't really moved the main story ahead too much. I'm also trying not to kill the humans and that's made things a bit more complicated. Not impossible, but definitely requires more patience (and luck). I'm also not adding any Typhon skills to my character, just because.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'm still not very far in (psychotronics) but the difficulty has ramped up. The resources consumed in a brute force approach are unsustainable, so I've been forced to be more cautious. I'm almost treating each phantom as it's own little puzzle to solve, and that has improved my enjoyment of the game, while at the same time expanding my tactics. I have my psychoscope and fully researched mimics and phantoms, but I'm gonna stick with being human I think. Just because I don't want to have to hack every turret I see. That said, the turrets don't last very long on their own right now, so the presence of a turret doesn't change my approach much.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I think all these reasons you guys like the game are why I wont get it. I dont like backtracking and Im to where I hate stealth. In the last AC game I played I just killed everyone. And in Alien Resurrection I had fun for a while but it just petered out on me..twice.

Would much preferred the space bounty hunter we were first shown.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Is there a way to open those doors that are "boarded up" with random loose metal bars?

Granted, the info doesn't do me any good since I've already beaten and uninstalled the game, but that's one of those unsolved puzzles that kind of bugs me a little. Like, I can lift up giant metal crates, I've got recycling charges, but I can't break through some flimsy little metal bars?

Also, if anyone solves the scavenger hunt or the smuggling ring, I'd appreciate a post of the aftermath in a spoiler.
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Normally, I'm not really into "stealth" mechanics, but this is more Deus Ex than Splinter Cell.
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Hmm. Do I need to backtrack to get the q-beam or will it show up again somewhere during future progression? I didn't have repair 2 at the time. I'm in the G.U.T.S. exploring subsection 19 and the weaver plus corrupt engineering operators plus some big thing that I didn't get a close look at are causing me problems.

Should I even be here? I deliberately turned away from the main path to explore another direction and now I'm radiated (I have rad-aways) with bad dudes in my way.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Yeah, I remember that section. It got a little easier once I hooked up a couple of neuromod points in the electro zapper power (I forget what it's called), that way you can stun-lock the big aliens and shoot them while they're stuttering. You can probably substitute EMP grenades, except I'm not sure how well those work in zero G.

Q-Beams aren't as common as gloo guns, wrenches and pistols, but there's definitely more than one. So it's not like you *completely* missed out on it - there will be others. In fact, I'm kind of amused how many copies of a brand new prototype weapon there are floating around the station.
Black Lives Matter
dangerballs

Post by dangerballs »

GreenGoo wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:51 pm Hmm. Do I need to backtrack to get the q-beam or will it show up again somewhere during future progression? I didn't have repair 2 at the time. I'm in the G.U.T.S. exploring subsection 19 and the weaver plus corrupt engineering operators plus some big thing that I didn't get a close look at are causing me problems.

Should I even be here? I deliberately turned away from the main path to explore another direction and now I'm radiated (I have rad-aways) with bad dudes in my way.
The easiest way to wipe out the operators and technopath is with the disruptor stun gun. A fully upgraded stun gun with take out an operator in just a few hits (maybe a one-shot with the combat focus activated).

You will also find a several q-beam fabricator plans around if you keep looking on computer around the place.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Around what place? The G.U.T.S.? It's just a long access tube. Aside from a locked door and security station, it's mostly floating around making sure the Cystoids die before they reach you. I haven't seen much in the way of computers.

The map of the G.U.T.S. is pretty uninformative, so I'm not sure where I am in terms of where the main quest is supposed to take me. Admittedly I took a detour to explore, and now I'm at this roadblock of dudes. If I'm wasting my time here, I don't want to expend the resources needed to get through them.

The operators are not a problem, but I've never taken on a weaver before so I'd be going in blind and trying stuff until I figure it out. All while floating in zero-g.

I do have the lvl 1 combat focus, and yes it helps immensely. I also have lvl 2 wrenchening, because I try to use the wrench whenever possible to conserve ammo, so why not make it more effective.

I'll just wait until I come across another q-beam. I haven't needed it yet, so I can wait until I find one or come across a tougher mob (like a weaver :D).
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I am pretty impressed with just how large this game is. I too had just completed the GUTS section a few hours ago (around hour 14), but have spent another 4 hours or so exploring the next two areas associated with being able to move through GUTS (the arboretum and the crew quarters). As I continue to explore, more and more side quests are opening and I'm learning more about the crew and their interactions. It really is nicely crafted in a way that has these little stories unfolding as I discover more information. For example, I just found some recorders that detail conversations between (what I think) are two people having an affair. They apparently left messages for one another in an area I've already been through so I'm going to head back and see if I can figure out what they did.

The other thing that strikes me is just how different the game would be if I was playing as someone that was using the Typhon upgrades instead of solely focusing on the human tracks. For me, every encounter is gun-based combat, but I can see how that would be quite different if I had certain psi upgrades. As crazy as it sounds, I'm actually toying with the idea of a replay using only the Typhon upgrades.

Also, not killing humans is difficult. Not because I hate them, but the enemy is rather crafty in its manipulations.

This game is already in my Top 10 category. It might be getting closer to Top 5.
dangerballs

Post by dangerballs »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:53 am As crazy as it sounds, I'm actually toying with the idea of a replay using only the Typhon upgrades.
Not all that crazy, after all there is an achievement for it if you play though once human only and once typhon only. Killing humans only counts if actually kill them, if they blow up their heads near you, it doesn't count against you. It also doesn't count as killing, if you ignore any requests to help someone.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I was in a situation where I killed a Typhon near a human. There was an explosion and the human died. In checking the game data, I was held responsible, which surprised me. I was able to re-load and figure out an alternative solution but yeah, keeping the fragile meatbags alive can be a bit tricky. :D
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Going to start a new game. I'm in the G.U.T.S. and surrounded by bad things that I don't want to deal with, and I'm sort of lost. I know I took a detour went a fair distance down and around and through some radiation and now I'm just sort of...lost. The map for the G.U.T.S. is basically useless imo.
Ibby

Post by Ibby »

I finally finished the game the other day. Overall, I'm quite impressed, and it certainly scratched that old-school System Shock 2 gaming itch. I delayed the main story mission as much as I could near the end so I could finish up a bunch of optional missions, but holy shit they send you scampering all over the station. Back and forth. Forth and back.

Even with that, buying the game on sale made it an absolute steal but I wish it had done better upon release. It's a fascinating setting.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Ibby wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:44 am I finally finished the game the other day. Overall, I'm quite impressed, and it certainly scratched that old-school System Shock 2 gaming itch. I delayed the main story mission as much as I could near the end so I could finish up a bunch of optional missions, but holy shit they send you scampering all over the station. Back and forth. Forth and back.

Even with that, buying the game on sale made it an absolute steal but I wish it had done better upon release. It's a fascinating setting.
It's slightly better than I expected, to be honest. There's way more thinking than I expected, for one. For 2, it's not the shooter I thought it was. I'm still not a fan of amorphous black shadow/cloud enemies, but everything else is cool so I give them a pass.

As I mentioned, I started over, so I've made different neuromod picks this time around. Less interesting picks, but more useful, like suit mod for early inventory space. I've used the gloogun more liberally, and used terrain to help with kills more effectively. I still don't have the psychotrope/psychoscope/whatever so I'm not researching anything yet. I played female last game so this game I'm male. There was a pyro-phantom in the Trauma center that I don't remember being there that gave me some trouble, but I had found a stun gun earlier this game so I used that whereas I didn't have that option last time. Gloo just gets burned right off the guy.

Also as mentioned, there are often many different ways to accomplish things, from alternate paths, to duplicate keycards located elsewhere to flammable gas canisters littered around, and flammable spills everywhere.

If the game had more interesting enemies it would be amazing. As it is, the backstory works with the enemies, it all makes a certain amount of sci-fi sense, I just find black clouds the opposite of menacing (even though they tried really hard, and it shows) and interesting.

The voices coming from the phantoms are a great touch.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I know where you were stuck; it's a particularly confusing area because of the microgravity. It's a space that has "L" (sort of) turns so when you're moving through some of the parts, you need to reorient 90 degrees, completely changing your perspective. The other thing is that when you first enter GUTS, you can go two ways. One way ultimately leads to a dead end, the other is the way the story wants you to go. Not surprisingly the dead end has lots of stuff to find and do, but then you need to double-back to progress the story. When you get to where the game wants you to be, you're seemingly stuck again, however you need to look around a bit to figure it out. And that's what I've really come to appreciate. It's not just the multiple ways of figuring out problems in this game. It's how they use subtle lighting clues or signage to help steer you in the right direction. In this case I was frustrated because I was still thinking like I was walking around a corridor. When I remembered the microgravity environment and started to look around, progress forward became apparent.
Spoiler:
Right where you get stuck at the locked door, there's a body floating above and behind you. Above that body is a chamber (that has you return to regular gravity) that will eventually allow you to progress further in GUTS and continue the story. I saw the body, but didn't look "up" to notice the entryway. However, it had signage and subtle lighting around it, highlighting it from the general GUTS tube.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Just finished after ~33 hours of playing. I was rather surprised to see that I spent that much time in the game, but it was a much larger story than I imagined. In reading up on things, I also understand now there are multiple possible endings, which I can sort of guess at. However, I didn't see my ending coming at all, despite the rather strong clues as to what happened.
Spoiler:
The whole thing was a simulation - a test to see how a human personality that was "injected" into the Typhon would respond. Would it retain humanity or become a monster? The final reveal with all the "people" that I'd saved was a nice twist. I'm usually pretty good at picking up on game stories, but this one tossed me a curve ball. Well done.
Also, I didn't pick up on when interacting with him in the game (it was rather limited), but I was surprised to see him credited at the end!
Spoiler:
Walton Goggins! He was Aaron Ingram or as you first know him, "Volunteer 13". I let him go. It was Justified. :D
Regardless, this game was soooooo much better than I thought it was going to. Truly, I worthy spiritual successor to System Shock 2.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:18 pm I know where you were stuck; it's a particularly confusing area because of the microgravity. It's a space that has "L" (sort of) turns so when you're moving through some of the parts, you need to reorient 90 degrees, completely changing your perspective. The other thing is that when you first enter GUTS, you can go two ways. One way ultimately leads to a dead end, the other is the way the story wants you to go. Not surprisingly the dead end has lots of stuff to find and do, but then you need to double-back to progress the story. When you get to where the game wants you to be, you're seemingly stuck again, however you need to look around a bit to figure it out. And that's what I've really come to appreciate. It's not just the multiple ways of figuring out problems in this game. It's how they use subtle lighting clues or signage to help steer you in the right direction. In this case I was frustrated because I was still thinking like I was walking around a corridor. When I remembered the microgravity environment and started to look around, progress forward became apparent.
Spoiler:
Right where you get stuck at the locked door, there's a body floating above and behind you. Above that body is a chamber (that has you return to regular gravity) that will eventually allow you to progress further in GUTS and continue the story. I saw the body, but didn't look "up" to notice the entryway. However, it had signage and subtle lighting around it, highlighting it from the general GUTS tube.
Sort of. My confusion came after the locked doorway/giant hatch where you detour to get the passcard. When I'm able to determine the pace myself, I tend to be able to handle 3 degrees of freedom without too much trouble, and that's the case here. Think of it more like reaching a split in a path, choosing the obviously secondary path to see what's there, getting past some hazards only to run up against other hazards that I'm just not ready to overcome yet. Which means I need to turn around WITHOUT seeing what was at the end of the secondary path (unsatisfying) and return past some of the permanent hazards like the radiation that I had already braved once before.

So it's not exactly that I'm lost, so that's on me and my poor description. It's more that I can't get any farther down a secondary path, meaning my exploration is incomplete, which causes an OCD level aversion to the situation, and returning to the main path requires me to simply ignore my OCD AND take more damage as I bypass the radiation again, which is just another OCD level aversion to repeatedly get hurt/use resources on the same "obstacles" without any substantial reward/achievement for doing so.

Does that make sense?

the short version:

1) I can't explore further because of obstacles that I'm clearly supposed to be able to overcome, but I'm not strong enough yet. This sets up a frustration loop as I try and fail to get past the obstacle but am unwilling to admit defeat.

2) My taking radiation damage and using anti-rad medication was for naught, because I gained nothing exploring, and now I have to take the SAME radiation damage and use ANOTHER anti-rad med just to return to the main path. I'm seriously averse to wasting resources to achieve nothing.

These 2 points were bad enough that I would rather replay the entire first part of the game instead of simply accepting that 1) & 2) were just mistakes and living with them. The consequences of accepting these mistakes are almost non-existent from a material perspective. The consequences to my psyche were too "traumatic" to be acceptable.

Forcing me to look at this situation analytically has made me realize I'm a stranger duck than I at first thought, and I already thought I was a pretty strange duck. So...yay?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Semi-spoiler. Pretty minor, but might have unseen ramifications later in the game that I am unable to predict, so I'll put it in spoiler tags.
Spoiler:
My first game I chose female, and when I spoke to January the first time, she was a she, with a very clearly female voice and a female silhouette.

My second game I chose male, and January is now male, with a male voice and a male silhouette.

Clearly this implies that January is another version of myself, speaking to me from the past, just like I do with the early game video that tells me how serious the situation is and what I need to do.
What that means has yet to make itself apparent, but I thought it was worth noting if for no other reason than the identify the gender correspondence.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I can't help you with that. :D Though I will mention two things. First, Antirad meds are the cheapest/easiest things to make at the replicators. Second, It wasn't until double-digit time in the game that I realized if you hit SHIFT (or whatever key you have mapped for run) while in zero gravity, you thrust into a ridiculous velocity. This not only speeds things up outside but it helps rocket you out of the way of containers that contain radioactive materials. You still want to be careful because if you hit something moving that fast it's going to hurt (unless you have a chipset installed), but the autostop Q+E trick can save you a bit there.

Regarding your spoiler...I can't really say much there.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Yeah, early on January notes that you programmed it with your voice in order to make you trust it more. I had assumed it changed if you changed gender, but that's a cool note.

I am very much loving this game. I got to the arboretum last time and then lost my game in a system crash. I'm now back clearing through engineering and just reset the reactor. I don't know how much I have left to go, but the story is so very good.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:00 am Yeah, I can't help you with that. :D Though I will mention two things. First, Antirad meds are the cheapest/easiest things to make at the replicators. Second, It wasn't until double-digit time in the game that I realized if you hit SHIFT (or whatever key you have mapped for run) while in zero gravity, you thrust into a ridiculous velocity. This not only speeds things up outside but it helps rocket you out of the way of containers that contain radioactive materials. You still want to be careful because if you hit something moving that fast it's going to hurt (unless you have a chipset installed), but the autostop Q+E trick can save you a bit there.

Regarding your spoiler...I can't really say much there.
Goddamnit! Really? I've been cursing how slow the stupid thrusters were and thought that chipset mod was lame. :)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

:D Yeah, I felt the same way until I fat-fingered the run key. I think normal movement in zero gravity is like 2.5 and when you hit and hold it it goes up to 15 or 16. The change is...noticeable. :)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

NickAragua wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:44 pmAlso, if anyone solves the scavenger hunt or the smuggling ring, I'd appreciate a post of the aftermath in a spoiler.
Scavenger Hunt:
Spoiler:
You need to find the maps that each of the people playing the D&D game...err Arx Fatalis (i.e. Fatal Fortress) RPG game left. Their maps basically have you finding locations on the space station where there are giant white numbers painted on the walls. I found the first one accidentally and then hunted for the remaining three. After you find all four, you go back to the GM's room and use those 4 numbers to unlock a fabricator chip blueprint on her PC. I think it was called "Adventurer's Companion" or something and it increased wrench crits and flashlight battery life if I'm remembering correctly. It was mostly something I solved accidentally as the numbers were usually out in the open and you just had to stumble into them via exploring.
Smuggling Ring:
Spoiler:
This one was a bit harder, but once you figure out what to look for it was just a matter of being mindful. Right where you first find out about the smuggler ring, there transcriber tells you that they hid safes behind dummy emergency bells. You can tell the false ones because they have this little extra orange light on top of them. Anyway, right over the woman's body where you find her transcribe and start the quest is the first one. You whack it three times with your wrench and it pops open. I think there were six total throughout the station and each safe had ammo or neuromods or something useful. There's a note in the space station exterior inside one of the abandoned crew habitation pods that has the list of where they're all located, but honestly once I noticed hte orange light thing above them, they just jumped out.
I think for both quests they just came as a byproduct of me wandering around doing other stuff. If I didn't start them until later in the story it might have been way more difficult to complete.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

gbasden wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:03 am Yeah, early on January notes that you programmed it with your voice in order to make you trust it more. I had assumed it changed if you changed gender, but that's a cool note.
Ah. I either missed that or forgot, and my second play attempt I'm mostly not paying attention to things I've already seen in the first game. Your comments make sense.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:12 am :D Yeah, I felt the same way until I fat-fingered the run key. I think normal movement in zero gravity is like 2.5 and when you hit and hold it it goes up to 15 or 16. The change is...noticeable. :)
The base speed is 1.49m/s. I wasn't overly frustrated with the speed, but having a top speed in zero (or near zero) g while space walking (i.e. no atmospheric resistance) had me scratching my head a bit.

Thanks for the running in micro-g tip. That's a good one.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Couple A few things.

1) I was trying to do a quest that I had received but then had to reload to before I had the quest. It had been a couple of days before I returned to the game. Tonight I spent several hours trying to finish a quest that I didn't have yet. Whoops. At least I had some fun while I was running around.

2) You can pick up leverage I items and throw them against leverage II and III items, often moving them out of the way. This is one way to get past heavier objects.

3) I found a maintenance hatch that gave access to a maintenance area that had nothing interesting in it except for another maintenance hatch. Unfortunately it was locked. I looked at the map and figured out where the other side should be. I already had access to that area, but when I went there I couldn't find it. I stacked 3 leverage I crates on top of a leverage III crate and managed to climb them and jump high enough to get up into the ceiling. Ta Da! I was now on the other side of the locked maintenance hatch. Turns out it was locked from both sides and I couldn't open it. Considering I can reach either side of the hatch without going through it, I can only assume it has some use later in the game, because right now there is nothing interesting on either side of a hatch I can't get through.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

So I'm as far into my second attempt as I was in my first, and have again gone down the non-main mission part of the G.U.T.s because I have the Q-beam and I should be able to handle the weaver this time. I've also become much more creative in my battles, treating each phantom as a mini-boss, using environment, buffs and tactics to defeat them with as little loss of heatlh and armour as I can. It doesn't hurt that the Phantoms *seem* quite a bit tougher in this play through, even though I'm pretty sure both difficulty settings were "normal".

So I just finished the fuel Storage area, a little offshoot of the GUTS with a single room made up of 2 levels. I am now in the cargo bay shuttle bay and I can't help but feel like I'm going too far afield. I'm down here for Josh whathisname for the Black Box quest and now I'm finding new areas to explore that are taking me even farther from the main quest. I feel like I'm supposed to come down here AFTER the Arboretum, but who knows? I guess what I'm saying is that the farther the game lets me go from the main quest objectives, the less comfortable I get.

Any advice? No spoilers please, if possible. Do I turn around again (like I wanted to do the first play through) or do I keep going in the hopes that I run out of new areas to explore that seemingly have nothing to do with the main quest?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Don't worry about it. You're not going to break anything by exploring. Worst case scenario is someone will ask you to bring them a McGuffin and then say, "wait, you already have it? Never mind!"
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I've plowed forward, and now I'm EVA to fix an escape pod hatch. Except there are a few baddies out here, and I'm not excited to take them on. Sure I could destroy the 2 corrupted medical operators without too much damage, but the Technothingy (techno-thingy, not tech-nothingy) was a bit of a tough fight on solid ground. Not sure that I would fare particularly well floating around while fighting.

These sorts of events, instead of making the game more fun with the additional challenge, slow my progression to a crawl or standstill as I mentally ready myself for taking a lot of damage and using up resources inefficiently. I realize it's all in my head, but that doesn't make it any less paralyzing. I tend to shy away from games in situations like this. Which is weird, because games like PUBG, or DOOM on hardcore mode, are far more challenging and unforgiving and I tend to thrive on them.

It's all some sort of weird gamers' mental labyrinth developed over years of gaming with illformed logic and/or emotions. It's truly bizarre how many little quirks I have with regard to gaming.

Anyway, once I steel myself for the fight, I'll get back to it.
Ibby

Post by Ibby »

If some of the combat situations don't really appeal to you, you can always dynamically change the difficulty until you're happy. At one point mid game, I found myself out of ammo and resources, with respawns in the main elevator area blocking my way and just making things a pain in the ass. It was late, I was tired, and I had had enough.

Changed it to easy, ran through and bashed a few things with my wrench until I could get clear, then once I was in better shape, moved it back to normal difficulty.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Just finished this. I really liked the ending -- I'm a sucker for games that show you the consequences of your actions.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

It looks like Prey is on sale through GreenManGaming for $9.90. It's so worth it for that price if you haven't taken the jump yet.
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

gbasden wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:24 am It looks like Prey is on sale through GreenManGaming for $9.90. It's so worth it for that price if you haven't taken the jump yet.
It's worth it at full price. I'm playing it now after getting it during the Steam sale, and my goodness this is a gem. One of the best games of the past few years, IMO.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Captain Caveman wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:52 am
gbasden wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:24 am It looks like Prey is on sale through GreenManGaming for $9.90. It's so worth it for that price if you haven't taken the jump yet.
It's worth it at full price. I'm playing it now after getting it during the Steam sale, and my goodness this is a gem. One of the best games of the past few years, IMO.
I really need to get back to this. Have it on the PS4 and got a bit frustrated with the Mimics but loved the overall feel/vibe. Got pulled away by other shiny objects, silly things like GoW for one. :wink:
-mf
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I got Prey a few weeks back and beat it a few days ago. Pretty great game.
AWS260 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:29 pm Just finished this. I really liked the ending -- I'm a sucker for games that show you the consequences of your actions.
Spoiler:
I wasn't so hot on the ending. What you do at the end doesn't make any difference (I tried all three of the main scenarios). I suppose if I hadn't saved all those people, they might have pulled the plug on me? But having it a simulation meant that none of what I did really mattered.
Black Lives Matter
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Captain Caveman wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:52 am
Oh, agreed. I certainly got my $50 out of it. But for $10 it's an absolute steal if you don't have it.