Wildstar (New MMO)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Teggy

Re: Wildstar (New MMO)

Post by Teggy »

Mobs with the numbers in circles tend to be "Prime" mobs. The number represents the number of interrupt armor they have.
Toe

Post by Toe »

Hehe, Jag. I usually do, but they are popping up more and more. In the last area I did last night just about every 3rd static mob point was a "prime" mob. It was very difficult to get to quest objective without fighting them. I am on Orias, but am exile :cry:

Thanks for the info Teggy. I have an ability that will strip away an interrupt armor that I have not be using. Sounds like if I utilize it these primes will be more manageable for me to solo.
wire

Post by wire »

Teggy wrote:Mobs with the numbers in circles tend to be "Prime" mobs. The number represents the number of interrupt armor they have.
I never ran into these "Prime" mobs in beta but have found some low level areas full of them which has made clearing the quests a bit difficult. I don't think I died more than once or twice before level 15 in beta yet can't stay alive. Need to figure out the best way to clear these quests...or make some friends in game to quest with.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I still haven't figured out the hotbar. I cant seem to stick a potion in it and I cant rearrange the skills in it. Last night I actually died trying to open my backpack to get at a potion.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jag

Post by Jag »

Daehawk wrote:I still haven't figured out the hotbar. I cant seem to stick a potion in it and I cant rearrange the skills in it. Last night I actually died trying to open my backpack to get at a potion.
Hit "B". Make sure to hit "Use this Set" to exit otherwise it won't save your changes.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thank you.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Daehawk wrote:Thank you.
It's dangerous out there. Take this.
Tao

Post by Tao »

As mentioned the # on the left of the nameplate is the interrupt armor. A 2 indicates you cannot interrupt the creatures big attacks, red telegraphs, until you strip away 2 interrupt armors. They also regen pretty quickly basically making it nigh impossible to do solo. Some primes/elites can still be solo'd and some cannot. You need to examine each one and factor in hp, shield value, #of interrupts etc. Some primes actually indicate recommended group size in the tooltip some don't, its hit or miss and Carbine needs to work on standardization.
Solo engineer use your bruiserbot blitz attack often, use your innate (R key) to buff yourself, dump the basic starter attack and use auger, bio-shell, mortar etc. and of course lightning. Engineer is a monster against large packs of normsl mobs but without heals or damage mitigators early on seems to suffer against single elites. Also if soloing you want your bruiserbot to tank so make sure your not using taunt/+hate attacks like Flak Cannon.
Last edited by Tao on Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thanks man! Bookmarked that page. Tons of nice info on there.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Anyone had any mouse control issues? Today a ton of times my mouse wont do anything other than click the hotbuttons. I use it to steer and look around and have a mouse button bound to pick up loot. At a lot of times today I could not use it to loot or to click on the loot icon on screen..I had to use V. Then a lot of other times I could not look around with it...the cursor would just slide across the screen as if I was not holding down right mouse button. It got me killed once because I could not turn and run out of a fire field.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Daehawk wrote:Anyone had any mouse control issues? Today a ton of times my mouse wont do anything other than click the hotbuttons. I use it to steer and look around and have a mouse button bound to pick up loot. At a lot of times today I could not use it to loot or to click on the loot icon on screen..I had to use V. Then a lot of other times I could not look around with it...the cursor would just slide across the screen as if I was not holding down right mouse button. It got me killed once because I could not turn and run out of a fire field.
Yeah, the loot window stays invisible and 'grabs' your mouse if you click anywhere near where the loot window is. I had the problem when I first started but strangely it eventually went away. I kept hitting V to maybe close the window.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Ok, in for the full version.

Can chat now!

Malifax on Warbringer
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

You all finding certain classes / paths better or more fun than others? I find the settler more fun than the others though I have not tried a soldier. I also dont really care for the Esper Im trying...feels weak..and I have to stand still to fight.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

I do find settler to be most fun and the buffs (for everyone!) are great. I'm a bit regretful that I chose explorer for my stalker main (although there is some useful stuff down that path). At level 19 I'm also finding myself squishy and not packing as much as a punch on mobs as I'd hope. That said, I've not used the auction house at all and have just been relying on quest drops for equipment. I also haven't gotten any of the nice tier 2 amps yet. It looks like some of those could really make a big difference.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Hamlet3145 wrote:I do find settler to be most fun and the buffs (for everyone!) are great. I'm a bit regretful that I chose explorer for my stalker main (although there is some useful stuff down that path). At level 19 I'm also finding myself squishy and not packing as much as a punch on mobs as I'd hope. That said, I've not used the auction house at all and have just been relying on quest drops for equipment. I also haven't gotten any of the nice tier 2 amps yet. It looks like some of those could really make a big difference.
I'm a 20 Stalker and i'm not finding myself squish at all using just quest drops. I find my skills are more important than gear or amps. BTW, you can buy AMPS from reputation vendors in the area you are questing. I was already at max zone rep just from doing the first bunch of areas.
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

Love this game.
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

I played Engingeer and Medic in Beta and settled on the Medic. Tons of fun, nice self-heals, medium armor, and good burst DPS. As you go forward in levels, you have to make a more tacit choice to pursue DPS or Healing, but you still are left with decent options for both. It certainly isn't your regular "healing class" from most MMORPG (although I suppose it would be similar to a WoW Shadow Priest).

I do miss the Engineer's outright durability, pets, and overall power dealing with crowds. The Medic undoubtedly kills things faster than the Engineer, but the Engineer can kill groups better.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Jag wrote:I'm a 20 Stalker and i'm not finding myself squish at all using just quest drops. I find my skills are more important than gear or amps. BTW, you can buy AMPS from reputation vendors in the area you are questing. I was already at max zone rep just from doing the first bunch of areas.
Oh, I think part of my issue is just perception. I'm used to playing tanks (and I know the stalker can be specced that way, but I'm going the assault route for the time being). I did finally get some tier two amps and tweaked my abilities rotation and am now having better results. I also realized that I was questing a bit above my level. I think I stealth around so much that I never kill any mobs except as needed for quests and that might have created a bit of an xp deficit. Anyway, I'm definitely having fun. Back into the fray . . . :horse:
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

If anyone has a US guest/trial code-thing, I'd like to try this out.

EDIT: Got a code. Thanks RMC!
Last edited by Baroquen on Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I decided to give this a shot, DLing now. Was there a general consensus on servers, or are we all over the place?
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Skinypupy wrote:I decided to give this a shot, DLing now. Was there a general consensus on servers, or are we all over the place?
All over the place, though, if there were ever a consensus OO server/faction I'd make a new character.

Anybody else need a 7 day US guest pass? I have three. Just PM me.
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

I'm on Warbringer pvp (with Redfive) and Thunderfoot pve with my brother.
It's 34 bowl victories.

Tao

Post by Tao »

Several OO folks on Orias playing Dominion faction.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
DarkVulgar

Post by DarkVulgar »

msduncan wrote:I'm on Warbringer pvp (with Redfive) and Thunderfoot pve with my brother.
Exile or Dom on Thunderfoot?
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

DarkVulgar wrote:
msduncan wrote:I'm on Warbringer pvp (with Redfive) and Thunderfoot pve with my brother.
Exile or Dom on Thunderfoot?
Dom
It's 34 bowl victories.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Wow, this game just doesn't click with me at all. Played for about 4 hours today, and I dislike nearly everything about it. None of the classes seem particularly interesting, the setting and story are 'meh', it generally runs like crap on my mid-range system (even with everything on lower settings), I'm not crazy about the combat, nothing about it feels intuitive (i.e. it took me forever to figure out the map markers, and I'm still a little fuzzy on it)...just seems like everything about it is rubbing me the wrong way.

Will give it a few more levels to see if it gets better, but I'm really wishing I would have just done a 7-day trial instead of dropping the $45. :(
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

So far, I'm actually with Skinypupy so far. I've been reading the raves, but it might not be for me. I won't spoil the fun for those who are enjoying it. Just wanted to put it out there if there are others on the fence. Try to find a trial if you're not sure if it's for you.
Toe

Post by Toe »

Got to level 26 over the weekend. Was hard to hold off buying a mount until 25, when the pre-order hoverboard kicked it, but losing most of my money to crafting early on made me rather money-conscious. definitely a nice quality of life booster, having a mount.

Previously I had mentioned how general questing difficulty had ramped up considerably. Well I guess that was just mainly in that area I was in, as the difficulty level dropped some after that. Seems the devs (through design or just not re-balancing) like to sometimes have tougher areas as I have hit a few more from then till now.

I do utilize my bot pets more, as Tao suggested earlier, which helps considerable (when they work). Still going with the basic resource builder though. I tried auger but could just not get the timing down very well. I seem to be running into more and more areas where my pets just get lost, which can get fairly frustrating as I am relying more and more on their abilities. If I am outdoors it is not too bad as I can mount and dismount to dismiss both pets easily, still rather frustrating. I expect it to only get worse as I imagine the devs did less and less work on pet pathing as the zones progress.

Still too chicken to try much tanking. I got a tank spec and pretty much a full set of tank-oriented gear. I played around some just questing in "tank mode" but that turned out pretty bad, so didn't last long. Yesterday I joined a group to take down a 5-man bounty boss. I switch to tank spec and tank gear and got stunned and killed in a few seconds after pulling, heh.

Joined a random 5-man dungeon group in progress for the first dungeon, ruins of kel voreth. The tank, healer, and a DPS were in the same guild (and apparently on a vent server), so I figured we might be able to get it done. They were on the 2nd boss when I joined. We wiped 5-6 times before we got him down. Wiped several more times on trash. One particular trash mob was giving us a very hard time. We could not tell what we were doing wrong but, managed to make it to the final boss. Wiped 6-7 times on it before I lost connection as we were setting up for another attempt. I immediately logged back in but was no longer in the instance or group, so did not get it done. :( Overall I felt it was extremely difficult for the first dungeon of an MMO. So much damage avoidance required. I know the devs wanted to make it hard, but a little ramp up in difficulty would have been nice. Felt like early burning crusade heroics (world of warcraft) in terms of difficulty, with sometimes raid-like focus required.
Tao

Post by Tao »

Actually the first dungeon isn't really the first dungeon. There are "Adventures" that open up at 15 which are supposed to get players in the swing of group dynamics. There is a quest that brings you to the entrance to the first one.
I was reading up on the engineer over the weekend and the consensus seems to be the bots are severely broken and need to be a high priority fix. I am playing with a buddy running an engineer and have seen it and it's bad.
I broke down and bought a mount this weekend to check it out. I was really debating whether to drop the 10 gold as that is the pretty much the total sum of my characters cash. Firing up the mount and limping around town was devastatingly disappointing. I actually like the game but that was just soul crushing. The devs need to fix mount speed.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Money is less of an issue later on. I dropped the 10g for my mount and at level 22 I'm at 40g just by selling stuff at the vendor.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Jag wrote:Money is less of an issue later on. I dropped the 10g for my mount and at level 22 I'm at 40g just by selling stuff at the vendor.
You aren't crafting, are you?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Toe

Post by Toe »

Tao wrote:Actually the first dungeon isn't really the first dungeon. There are "Adventures" that open up at 15 which are supposed to get players in the swing of group dynamics. There is a quest that brings you to the entrance to the first one.
Yeah, I queued up and complete an adventure earlier last week (don't remember the name, but there was a big hover train at the end we had to blow up). Was not too bad, but had a few wipes until we figured out we needed to kill the 4 flamethrower guys inside first. What I was talking about was The Ruins of Kel Voreth , which is a 20th level dungeon. Looks like there is another 20th level dungeon, Stormtalon's Lair which I can also now queue up for.

Here is a guide for the dungeon I did, with video guide of each boss. MMO vets can take a look at the last guy video and get a feeling for how difficult it could be in a pug.

http://gaming.elijaa.org/2014/02/wildst ... el-voreth/
Jag

Post by Jag »

coopasonic wrote:
Jag wrote:Money is less of an issue later on. I dropped the 10g for my mount and at level 22 I'm at 40g just by selling stuff at the vendor.
You aren't crafting, are you?
Nope. Took 2 gathering professions. The stuff I gathered I haven't even sold yet, so that's probably another pile of gold i'm just sitting on. This is all from questing and vendoring drops and quest rewards. If I don't need the item (or it's a side-grade) I picked the one with the best vendor price. Right now, that's about 60 silver each plus silver from the quest, so I'm guessing I am getting a bit under a gold per quest maybe.

Mods help too. The one for sell all junk is nice. Also TapThat which plays all your simon and tap games for you.

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/commen ... ve_addons/
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Wanted to say again thanks for the codes. My friend is enjoying it too.
Jag

Post by Jag »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

I haven't played since the steam sales ;_;
For whoever likes chillout downtempo music (or HipHop) ->
Jag

Post by Jag »

EzeKieL wrote:I haven't played since the steam sales ;_;
Me either. I'm cancelling my sub. It was fun for a month :roll:
RMC

Post by RMC »

I have not played for any length of time for a while as well. I am not sure what I am going to do. I have a bunch of local friends playing, so I will give it one more month.

I am having a good time in the less than level 20, but the difficulty picks up and I find I just don't enjoy dieing a zillion times to find that perfect set of abilities that keeps me alive. :(

But that is my problem, and not the games issue. I just don't have the time to sink into min maxing my class. I like to play a certain way, and it might just be my lack of effort that is making the game more like a grind. <shrug>

But the story and lore are fun, and it is just wacky enough to get one more month of my money.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I've not played much either. Though i was enjoying it while i was. Another game grabbed me by the scruff of my neck and has eaten all of my gaming time.

I'll probably go month to month on it. I saw enough that I am curious about it and will continue forth with it.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.