World of Warplanes

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Blackhawk

World of Warplanes

Post by Blackhawk »

I just saw that this has been released and is available for download.

I'm installing now. I understand that this leans more toward arcade than simulation. Does anyone who was in the beta have any quick tips? What to look out for? Tactics? Control options?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
KDH

Re: World of Warplanes

Post by KDH »

I DL'd the client and tried a training mission and a half ... the dogfight training was a bit frustrating as I could not tell if I EVER hit the plane (maybe I didn't) ... but I fired a boxcar full of bullets

on the ++PLUS++ side .. I earned 25 gold for the first training and that carries over to my TANKS account. I was always annoyed that you couldn't earn a little gold on World of Tanks, useful for demounting expensive equipment, or eventually buying an extra garage space ... even if it was only paid out on special days, like the recent veteran's day deal

for those wondering .. it's the same flight model as War-Thunder (same as Freelancer)
Ain't nobody got time for that
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I was in the closed beta a long time but have not played since it opened up. I loved it. I thought that though it did not look as good as War Thunder it was a MUCH more fun game. I preferred ....as usual...the lower tier stuff. Bi planes and such. In the later stuff I found the Japanese planes to be maneuverable and to rock!!
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

5 years later and its a worse game than on release. Back then it felt more sim like and a better and more fun game. I had a lot of beta fun with it. But shortly after release there was a chat bug where you couldn't chat to anyone. Either you couldn't see chat or couldn't type back. I waited months for a fix and it never came so I left.

Yesterday I decided its been 5 years it must be fixed. Because I did retry it about 3 years ago and it was still broken. I found this time chat seems to work. But the game didn't seem good or fun in the least. Sound was bad and the airplanes felt more action than sim like. Just now I was playing the the entire sound just kicked out. Kinda crackled then died. 5 years and the game is worse and still broken. Deleted it right back. Doubt Ill ever install it again. No point in doing that.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"