[Telltale] "Game of Thrones"

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Smoove_B

[Telltale] "Game of Thrones"

Post by Smoove_B »

Didn't see this coming at all, but IGN is reporting that Telltale is working on some type of game tied to A Game of Thrones or the Song of Ice and Fire series.
We reached out to Telltale and received the following statement from Steve Allison, SVP of Publishing:

“We get these sorts of rumors about what we could be working on next cropping up all the time. Officially we have no comment.”
Hopefully this is more than a rumor. Something done in the style of their version of the Walking Dead? They'd make a killing.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Sepiche

Re: [Telltale] "Game of Thrones"

Post by Sepiche »

Sold.
TazFTW

Post by TazFTW »

The "not every choice is black and white" would fit in nicely but I'm not sure about the action part. I'd still play it though.

Well this and a Kotor with a GoT skin made by Bioware/Obsidian. :pray:
Hipolito

Post by Hipolito »

If this ends up being just A Gamer of Poker at the Inventory, well, I hope we at least get to play against the likes of Tyrion, Dolorous Edd, and even Moonboy.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Here's an exclusive screenshot of the first chapter!
Enlarge Image
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Just confirmed at the Spike VGX thingy -- they are indeed making some type of Game of Thrones...game. Coming in 2014.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

It's as though someone realized that perhaps a non-shitty GoT game would be worth producing.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Sepiche wrote:Here's an exclusive screenshot of the first chapter!
Enlarge Image
That's hysterical.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
TazFTW

Post by TazFTW »

Some info
"It's not a prequel," Telltale's CEO Dan Connors told Digital Trends. "I think the show provides a timeline, but the world is huge."

"There's so much going on and it's so rich. Every decision that King Joffrey makes impacts so many people. Any microcosm in that world [looking at how] people are affected by the decisions that are made plays out across the whole thing.

The show does a great job of interpreting George R.R. Martin’s work, and his work provides a huge dictionary of knowledge about what the franchise is. It’s really a dream to sit down and say, ‘What’s our space in this world? Where are we in this world?’ And the world offers you so much to explore."
Maybe you'll be Littlefinger and this game is Sim Brothel.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

LOL at "Sim Brothel".
Hodor.
DD*

Post by DD* »

pr0ner wrote:LOL at "Sim Brothel".
Coming from a guy with your name, that is extra-lulz!
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
TazFTW

Post by TazFTW »

First trailer is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q1vt9BX4Eg

Dinklage! Cersei, Tyrion, Margaery, and Ramsey will be voiced by their TV counterparts and there may be more ( :pray: Hodor)

First season is 6 episodes with 5 playable characters (each of House Forrester). First episode is scheduled to be out this year.
PLW

Post by PLW »

This is going on my wish list.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

It's an adventure game. No thanks.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Have you played the Walking Dead Telltale game? I'm not an adventure game kinda guy, but it was probably one of the best games I've played in the last 5 years - and I've heard Fables / The Wolf Among Us might be even better. If they're able to create that same type of character-driven storytelling I have no doubt it will be a huge success.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Yah, they do an awesome job with these series, especially how your decisions matter and affect the story. Check out this demo walkthrough from S1/E1 of The Walking Dead if you've not seen what they look like and how they play.
-mf
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Smoove_B wrote:Have you played the Walking Dead Telltale game? I'm not an adventure game kinda guy, but it was probably one of the best games I've played in the last 5 years - and I've heard Fables / The Wolf Among Us might be even better. If they're able to create that same type of character-driven storytelling I have no doubt it will be a huge success.
This... It's not the typical adventure game where you have to figure out some bizarre puzzle. It's more like an interactive story than anything else. I just started play Wolf last week and was very impressed.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

I'm in. Walking Dead Seasons 1 and 2 were games I was COMPELLED to immediately play the chapters as they came out. None of this bullshit, "I'll wait until the whole thing is released..."

I played at home while I was supposed to be at work. I ignored my pager at times.

They are the only games I'm forcing my wife to play. She doesn't UNDERSTAND yet my...SUGGESTION...that she play it...she WILL comply. And we will cry together when she finishes.
Mr. Fed

Post by Mr. Fed »

What's the keyboard command for a expository lesbian sex scene?
Popehat, a blog.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

:P
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

waiting until all the episodes have been released isn't always the best method though, since pictures of the later episodes tend to spoil things :(
For whoever likes chillout downtempo music (or HipHop) ->
TazFTW

Post by TazFTW »

Episode 1 releases on 12/2 :horse:
Frost

Post by Frost »

Z-Corn wrote:None of this bullshit, "I'll wait until the whole thing
I always preferred waiting, as I don't have to "wait" for the new episodes, since they're already released, and I usually ending up paying around $8 for the game. Plus, I could see myself forgetting some things from the previous episode if I had to wait a few weeks or months in between.
Some MoFo's are always trying to ice skate uphill - Blade
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Launch trailer - Iron from Ice.
TazFTW

Post by TazFTW »

I played the first episode and it is good start. A fair bit of warning, if you haven't watched the show (first 3 seasons) or read the books then this game will spoil a lot of things that have happened.

There is actually quite a bit of dialogue from the TV show actors so that was a nice surprise (Give Dinklage the Emmy video game voiceover award already!) . The menu background does give away some future "main" characters that should be getting their actor's voices.

There were some graphical glitches, clipping mostly but the episode ran fine.

If you're a fan of the show and Telltale's previous offerings then picking this up should be a no brainer.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

TazFTW wrote:(Give Dinklage the Emmy video game voiceover award already!)
That would require forgiving him for Destiny. This I cannot do.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

That wizard came from the moon!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

So if I buy this game, and lose, do I die?
Black Lives Matter.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

El Guapo wrote:So if I buy this game, and lose, do I die?
They kill a Stark in your place.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
TazFTW

Post by TazFTW »

GRRM is to Starks as Telltale is to Forresters. :whistle:

I forgot to mention that they also have the opening credits of the TV show (the map with the buildings coming out). Nice touch.

Biggest negative for me is that I now have to wait a month+ for the next episode. It's like a TV show going on winter hiatus after EVERY episode.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Episode 4 available.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I finished season 1 of this last week. It was fine, and I enjoyed playing it, though all told I'm not thrilled. Mostly it's the perpetually unfilled "your choices matter!" fluff that's annoying. Maybe that'll change over the course of the next seasons, who knows.

In any event, at the very least I think I'll wait until the whole season is out before playing. Unless I'm really jonesing for a GoT fix, which is possible.
Black Lives Matter.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I just finished this after picking it up in the telltale humble bundle. I understand El G's complaint about the choices matter stuff, but this is my 4th full Telltale game so I am accustomed to it. In this game your choices do matter. You are damned if you do and damned if you don't. I thought Walking Dead season 2 was ramping it up making me a play a young girl in the zombie apocalypse. If I play five different characters I have to be able to get it right with at least one of them, right? Ha!

I'm in for season 2. My concern there is all the spoilers. I am 1.5 seasons behind on the TV show now. I guess I need to get HBO or Go for a week or two before it comes out. :P It's good to have some reason to catch up.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sometimes I have a game I dont recall having got. I see I own GoT . Would someone enjoy this game that never watched the show? Ive seen clips like the White Ones and the blonde dragon girl stuff. I know a tiny little bit of the story. Does the game stand on its own as a good game and fun to play with no knowledge of the characters , their personalities, or their interactions in the show?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

You've asked that once or twice before from what I remember. The answer would be no. Would be like playing the Walking Dead Games not having watched the show. The games are far too self-referential. You'd actually do better playing the GoT RPG, which tends to be less self-referential and is actually not a bad game in itself. It actually has a pretty good story and unique gameplay elements.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Rumpy wrote:You've asked that once or twice before from what I remember. The answer would be no. Would be like playing the Walking Dead Games not having watched the show. The games are far too self-referential. You'd actually do better playing the GoT RPG, which tends to be less self-referential and is actually not a bad game in itself. It actually has a pretty good story and unique gameplay elements.
Based on the part that I bolded, then the answer would be yes. :)

I played and enjoyed Walking Dead games from Telltale without watching the show or read the comic. Well, I watched the first episode of the tv series but that is all.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Ahh, see, I think the relationship dynamic between the characters would be totally lost on me and I wouldn't enjoy it as much. But to each their own :)
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well Ive installed it. Im going to play it as a normal adventure game since Ive never seen the show and will just guess and learn the interactions as I go.

I have finished their Walking Dead game minus any addons and it was great. I also own their Back to the Future game so if this one is bad Ill switch to it. Or I may install it along side this one and try both at once.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I found that it was a great story in its own right, so at the very least, if you enjoy it enough maybe it will get you to watch the show :)
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti