Kingdom Come: Deliverance

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Jaymann

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Post by Jaymann »

Trailer Here

This is exactly the type of game I am looking for: RPG, Middle Ages, open world, no fantasy. I think they are going to have to go kickstarter to finish it.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
tgb

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Post by tgb »

If it doesn't have Ned Beatty squealing like a pig, it ain't Deliverance.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Looks pretty cool, I'd like a "realistic" non-magical medieval RPG where I could be a wandering knight errant.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Doomboy

Post by Doomboy »

The problem is going to be if your character ever gets wounded, you will pretty much have to start over or spend weeks or months recovering. And that's assuming he doesn't get an infection.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Doomboy wrote:The problem is going to be if your character ever gets wounded, you will pretty much have to start over or spend weeks or months recovering. And that's assuming he doesn't get an infection.
I think there are limits to "realism" when we talk about games, don't you think? :)
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
tgb

Post by tgb »

Having to apply each leech individually is a little too much micro management for me
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

You could cauterize wounds with a hot poker.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Hmm...
Add:
1 part Mount & Blade
1 part The Guild
1 part The Witcher
= KC:D?
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

kickstarter, more details there :

for some reason everytime I paste the link it disappear.

"http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/129 ... eliverance"
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Vorret wrote:for some reason everytime I paste the link it disappear.
Let me see if I can't fix that for you:

Kickstarter link

I'm a backer at Baron (digital) level. This is probably the most impressive Kickstarter trailer I've seen for a computer game so far, and these guys are established enough to deliver.

Keep in mind that they have an investor already, one who can easily finance the entire game. The Kickstarter is there to show this investor, who doesn't have much knowledge about games, that there's a market for it. This Kickstarter, which is set to cover roughly 10% of their total budget, will secure their funding. Considering they're already pretty much at the goal within the first day or so, they shouldn't have any trouble placating the guy. :)
Insert witty comment here.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

TiLT wrote: Keep in mind that they have an investor already, one who can easily finance the entire game. The Kickstarter is there to show this investor, who doesn't have much knowledge about games, that there's a market for it. This Kickstarter, which is set to cover roughly 10% of their total budget, will secure their funding. Considering they're already pretty much at the goal within the first day or so, they shouldn't have any trouble placating the guy. :)
Ahh that's good... my only hang up was that 300K didn't quite sound like enough to deliver an open world game of that scale.

Looks impressive though. I hope they can deliver.
JonathanStrange

Post by JonathanStrange »

Tis most splended! Bookmarked!
The opinions expressed by JonathanStrange are solely those of JonathanStrange and do not reflect the opinions of OctopusOverlords.com, the forum members of OctopusOverlords, the elusive Mr. Norrell, or JonathanStrange.

Books Read 2013
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Apparently this is still going to be a thing. Consider me teased, Deep Silver.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

So the Feb 13th release date is FAST approaching and Ive heard nothing new in over half a year. Whats the scoop people? Any new news?

EDIT: Speak of the devil I found this new video just released 2 days ago. Looks GREAT!

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

There has been a steady stream of promotional posts from the devs on Steam.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/

I watched some of the videos there. Laughed at how in the armor video he says if you kill a bandit and take his armor then wear it to the bandit camp you might be able to make them think you are one of them if you can talk your way well enough lol.

Checked the pre orders. $60 here but overseas its just $38.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

$38 or 38 of a foreign currency?
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Id guess Euro
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Green Man Gaming has a VIP voucher for 22% off.
With the discount it's about $47.
VIP does require you to register an account.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Really cool video. So detailed.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Very detailed game. Too detailed. If I wanted to die of dysentery I'd play Oregon Trail. Maybe this scratches the Mount and Blade itch for people. To each his own, I suppose, until the landlord claims primae noctis on your virtual spouse.
There is no hug button. Sad!
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

This game looks like something I'd like, I just don't really feel any strong need to buy it since I haven't finished Witcher 3 yet.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I'm a put off by the typewriter ribbons, I mean save potions. It's definitely interesting, but the combat looks.... really odd and the "realistic" healing and limited saving are odd. I'll put it in the eventually after watching more gameplay and getting a discount pile.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

I think this might fall into a new, developing category for me... games I watch other people play, but don't really have the interest in playing myself.

PUBG and Ark fall into this category for me as well.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Preloading now!
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I don't know why I know nothing about this game, I just happened to see the topic. I've watched all the video on the Steam page,actually I'm watching the last one now. The narration by the two guys isn't quite as funny as those update videos from Prison Architect, but they are enjoyable. I'm breathlessly awaiting some impressions S.I.M.!
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I just checked Green Man Gaming and using the code "Feb20" you can take off 20%. I have an account, that might make a difference.

I'm assuming that there is no magic, mages, etc in this game? That's what kind of turned me off getting too far into Skyrim.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

jztemple2 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:29 pm I don't know why I know nothing about this game, I just happened to see the topic. I've watched all the video on the Steam page,actually I'm watching the last one now. The narration by the two guys isn't quite as funny as those update videos from Prison Architect, but they are enjoyable. I'm breathlessly awaiting some impressions S.I.M.!
Oh, never mind. I just remembered that my wife is working six days a week doing taxes and Far Cry 5 doesn't come out till end of March so why am I even hesitating? Game bought via GMG, 20% off plus I get the prepurchase bonus. Downloading now, impressions maybe later tonight, probably tomorrow during the day.

UPDATE: Still four hours before unlock, so yeah, impressions tomorrow.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

This may be the greatest game of 2018 from all Ive read and watched of it. I really want it.

I wish it had some MP parts to it so you could fight tournaments at least. Would be so great to quest together.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Grabbed as well. This may end up being clunky, but it's so right up my alley.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

I’m sure it’s going to be a fustercluck of bugs for awhile after release, but I can deal with those (most likely). This is a pretty ambitious game from what I believe is a fairly small team.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I went over (with trepidation) to the Steam discussion forum and was informed that due to the fact that the console versions had to be sent in three months before release, there will be a Day One patch to incorporate all the changes and some new freebie features that Warhorse has added.

And the patch is 25GB :shock:

Happily, after some drilling down through nine pages of comments, I found that WH had tweeted that the 25GB will be incorporated into the Steam preload, so that 31.7GB I'm now downloading will be all. Unlocking will be at 3am EST, which is midnight Pacific and sometime yesterday if you live in New Zealand, which means you already read this post yesterday... or tomorrow? I'm confused :think:
Suitably Ironic Moniker

I played through the opening section and I'm enjoying it so far. I haven't done too much swordfighting (fisticuffs are fun, though), and all in all it has played a bit like an Elder Scrolls game, with better graphics (of course), writing, and voice acting. Looking forward to getting into the meat of it later. You need an alcoholic drink to save manually, which I can see may be annoying in the future, though the game does autosave at predetermined moments. Performancewise, I have all of the settings up to very high for the graphics, and it's smooth enough.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:17 pm You need an alcoholic drink to save manually, which I can see may be annoying in the future, though the game does autosave at predetermined moments.
Automatic deal breaker for me. Gaming with a small child in the house requires a "save anytime" feature, without exception.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Archinerd wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:48 pm
Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:17 pm You need an alcoholic drink to save manually, which I can see may be annoying in the future, though the game does autosave at predetermined moments.
Automatic deal breaker for me. Gaming with a small child in the house requires a "save anytime" feature, without exception.
Apparently, you can have your character sleep in a bed to save the game.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:11 pm
Which is still not save anytime. It's okay, I've already decided I'm waiting on this game until I finish Witcher 3, which is still at least 6 months out. Maybe by the time I decide to get this you can save anytime or my kid will be moved out.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Well, I've put in 119 minutes according to Steam and I'm already seeing, if not red flags, then some yellow cautions. No difficulty level option, which is going to be tough for me. I got my ass kicked in the fight with the drunk in the village. Am I supposed to be able to win that fight? I suck at button mashing.

Also, as mentioned, saves are far and few between. I've just now seen my first auto save at 119 minutes, I've avoided using the alcoholic save system for now, since there are only limited times you can do it till you need to go buy? steal? some more saves.

And there are lots and lots of cutscenes in those first two hours. I feel like I've been watching a movie.

Still, for the next few weeks I've the free time and I have to admit that the story is well told and the setting very well done. And thankfully I have some interest in medieval Central European history, because there is a lot of it. Lots.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Archinerd wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:24 pm
Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:11 pm
Which is still not save anytime. It's okay, I've already decided I'm waiting on this game until I finish Witcher 3, which is still at least 6 months out. Maybe by the time I decide to get this you can save anytime or my kid will be moved out.
Apparently it is possible to modify the save game function in the game menu by editing a config file so that saving does not consume the tasty adult beverage (or, if you wish, does not require the booze at all).
This guide will show you how to edit the game files to remove the need of Saviour Schnapps to save.

Disclaimer
I tested this myself and it does indeed work, however as I have only played a few hours it is unknown if this will cause any issues. I will not be responsible if your game or any of your saves stop working! I do not know if this stops achievements from working yet.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Max Peck wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:38 pm Apparently it is possible to modify the save game function in the game menu by editing a config file so that saving does not consume the tasty adult beverage (or, if you wish, does not require the booze at all).
I did this modification and it works, which is a help. As it is I'm stuck on a quest, but before I ask for help I'll poke around some more in the game in case I missed something.