Kingdom Come: Deliverance

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Holman

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Post by Holman »

I'm very excited about this one, but I've made a rule that I no longer buy full-price games unless the reviews are through the roof.

Hopefully this one will be a little cheaper in a few months, and if it's worth getting there will probably be some DLC as well.

(I've almost stopped buying games before the inevitable major DLC, too.)
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I had something weird happen as I shut down the game before leaving to go out to dinner. My monitor seemed to be much brighter. When I cam back after a few hours I confirmed that this indeed was true. Now, was it something the game caused or a problem with my monitor I do not know, the monitor is several years old. Anyway I've decided to update my Nvidia drivers and play around with my settings to see if that helps.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

First thing, yup it is KCD that is causing the weird monitor behavior, although I don't know why.

Second, if you are using the save mod fix above, be sure to delete older saves, as you are limited to the total number of save files you can have. If you hit that limit you will use up a snapps to save. I went ahead and modded a second file in that .pak file to remove the use of any snapps at all to do a save.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Holy crap, five and a half hours in and... (minor progression spoiler, OK to look if you have had grave reservations and are now just milling around :D )
Spoiler:
... just now the credits run! And the gameplay goes from pretty linear to open world.
So far I've had some mixed impressions. Partly it is due to my rather limited ability to think outside the box which is not a fault of the game, but if you are the kind that can scratch your, err, head and get a Eureka! moment you might find this challenging rather than frustrating. I did resort to using the wiki but again, that's more because I tend to get locked into what I think is the only viable solution and total miss what is probably obvious to everyone else.

The voice acting is excellent and the story telling very, very good. The graphics are, for me, OK as I'm running on Medium quality due to my GTX 780, but I'm not the kind that cares about graphics very much. It is a living, breathing world although there are a few annoyances, like NPCs who have nothing different to say than the last few you asked, but you don't know that till you ask them. The Codex has not only a lot of gameplay help, but a great amount of information on the region, the real life people you meet, what was going in the world and lots of other info. Including what people did for toilets.

By using the Steam guide How to remove the need for Saviour Schnapps I'm able to save when I want to and as often as I want. Just be sure to follow the direction near the bottom that modifies the MM_IngameMenu.xml file which is what I did. And keep deleting older saves as the game does limit you on the total number you can have, or at least it did me.

So I'll keep playing and posting impressions. Post any questions you might have.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

For some reason I'm interested in this even though the gameplay looks pretty wooden to me. I was just watching some guy show the archery and he was being chase by a group. The group looked like they were crawling through mud with the speed they were moving. Guess I probably should wait for a sale.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I'm eight hours in and here are a few more thoughts. As has been mentioned in some reviews, the first few hours of the game don't really represent the gameplay you'll see later on. Instead it establishes who you are, the big events that start off the main campaign and let you experience the good old early 1400s where life was cheap, might made right and nobody had flush toilets. So don't get frustrated if all your skills suck in the first few hours. In those first few hours the gameplay is very linear and you'll die a lot because 1) you didn't run fast enough or 2) you picked a fight with the wrong guy.

It's only when you get to Rattay that you get to experience what the gameplay is like. It's a very detailed world, although unlike a lot of open world games, there aren't many things you can actually pick up, hoard and sell. So no grabbing every plate, cup and saucer so you can trade them away for money. You'l go through homes and businesses without finding much to abscond with. And like in an Elder Scrolls game, you'll talk to a lot of folks and find a few jobs to do to make some money. Me, I'm just doing some housebreaking and fist fighting for cash.

Also, as has been mentioned, you'll want to find a horse to be able to move faster and store more. However, this isn't really necessary since I've been on foot so far in Rattay and it is slower but not a problem. And I guess we're not simulating having to feed a horse, which could run to a pretty groshen.

For those wondering what the game is like, I'd say imagine Skyrim or Oblivion but completely based on the real world of 1403 AD Bohemia; no magic, no mages, no pretty faeries or lurking trolls under bridges. And no dragons. But the voice acting has been good and the world details in armor, clothing and other items is excellent, so it really depends on what you are looking for in an RPG.
morlac

Post by morlac »

I am of course very intrigued but struggling to figure out what the point is? Is it just a pure open Sandbox or is there a specific end goal? I get there's a plot from various videos I have watched but again not sure how or why? Lastly, is it "fun"? Subjective of course but reviews seem to lack this info consistently for some reason.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yeah, my first thought on hearing about it was to wonder whether it was fun, or is it one of those games where they try to make it as frustrating as possible for the niche that enjoy that type of experience, where the concept of the game trumps gameplay. Limited saves and hardcore combat make me think the latter. Some of the marketing in particular made me wonder if this wasn't a reaction to the popularity of Skyrim to show what an RPG 'should' be.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

morlac wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:42 pm I am of course very intrigued but struggling to figure out what the point is? Is it just a pure open Sandbox or is there a specific end goal?
There is an end goal, you are going to avenge your dead parents. Basically as you get better in skills, obtain better armor and weapons and getting get to know a better class of people, you'll be preparing for your revenge.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

One of the guys I watch stream was playing it. He couldn't afford the high price of armor so decided to hide in a back room and stay until night then come out and steal them blind. Come night and he sneaks out of the back room and goes to grab the armor on the shelf....but its not there. The shopkeep packed it all up and took it home with him! hahahaha.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:09 pm Yeah, my first thought on hearing about it was to wonder whether it was fun, or is it one of those games where they try to make it as frustrating as possible for the niche that enjoy that type of experience, where the concept of the game trumps gameplay. Limited saves and hardcore combat make me think the latter. Some of the marketing in particular made me wonder if this wasn't a reaction to the popularity of Skyrim to show what an RPG 'should' be.
The default save system is pretty dumb in my opinion and if I hadn't been able to easily mod it out I'd probably have rage quit by now. But now I can save at any time except in the middle of combat and that's fine.

The combat can be tough, but mostly because you need to level up in skills and equipment. Just because you've managed to steal a nice pretty sword doesn't mean you know how to use it. You can get training from experts, get in practice and also read books to get better in a lot of areas. And there are a lot of areas. Here's screenshot with just some of them:

I don't really feel like the game was made to prove a point. I'm finding it a full blow RPG but set in a non-fantasy world. So while you don't need to develop your magic skill, you can develop your skill that "makes you more resistant to nefarious effects of alcohol". And isn't that what we all want? :D
morlac

Post by morlac »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:15 pm One of the guys I watch stream was playing it. He couldn't afford the high price of armor so decided to hide in a back room and stay until night then come out and steal them blind. Come night and he sneaks out of the back room and goes to grab the armor on the shelf....but its not there. The shopkeep packed it all up and took it home with him! hahahaha.
Ok, that's pretty funny. But did he have fun? ;)
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Cross posted from Gaming Trend:
Travis;948028 wrote:
jztemple2;948021 wrote: For those wondering what the game is like, I'd say imagine Skyrim or Oblivion but completely based on the real world of 1403 AD Bohemia
Is there a story so to speak? I couldn't get into the Elder Scrolls games because I couldn't find a story really. The Witcher games were awesome to me as were the Dragon Age games (they did have their issues). I go back to Ultima 5 for my intro to CRPGS but I guess I need a feeling of story and a compelling plot to play within that RPG structure.
Yes, there is an overarching story. Your parents have been killed by bad men (this is in all the trailers, so it's not a spoiler). You are a lowly son of a blacksmith, who had a mysterious past, so a local noble is helping you a bit. However, it is up to you to learn skills, gain knowledge and acquire the means to eventually track down and destroy the bad men.

And like in all good RPGs, as you run around gaining these skills etc., you run into folks who need help, or who are willing to help you, but usually for a price or an obligation. And you also met interesting folks, find interesting places, and get faced with some serious moral dilemmas. I'm really enjoying the game now that I'm past the first few hours of combined tutorial and story introduction.

I would really, seriously recommend using that mod for game saving I've mentioned above. Otherwise you are going to drive yourself crazy redoing a lot of things, or avoiding taking risks, which is missing out on some of the fun of the game. Some folks call it save-scumming, I call it my personal game playing style!
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

By the way, lock picking is very hard at first, which is why you have to develop your skills. And you can do that in ways other than just picking locks, like... (minor spoiler for alternate method)
Spoiler:
reading a book. Really!
Also lock picking is a pain using a controller, but significantly easier with mouse and keyboard. FTW with the PC!
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Where are my impressions? :)
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I'm at fourteen hours now and am really enjoying it. Biggest surprise right now is how little I've actually had to fight, so all those concerns about hardcore combat being a problem simply haven't been an issue; there hasn't been any. I've been in a few fist fights, but done OK. I've run away a few times, but who wouldn't? I've done a lot of exploring, but as part of quests, mostly going to a new town to go do something. The quests have been varied, from picking up a reluctant horse to trashing XXX's place so he'll get blamed by his boss. I'm associating with fences, noble ladies, drunken bullies and women who give baths to other people 8-).

I've played at Chumps, which is an archer competition. I've gambled at Farkle which is a dice game. I suck at it, but I'm getting the rules of it confused with Yahtzee, which it resembles. I've learned to read and even have picked up some Latin. I'm wearing hose and a floppy hat, and people think I look good in it. And I've sung to a horse.

Very few glitches, but I'm that guy who played Assassin's Creed Unity and didn't experience most of the glitches that other folks saw, so maybe it's my rig, my settings and my luck. I did see a pig partially stuck through a wall, but I'd been drinking :roll:. No lockups, no stuttering, and only three instances of the game coming back from a menu and just hanging for about five seconds.

Character progress has been done very well. I'm improving by doing things, by studying and by getting training from experts. As I level up a skill, I sometimes get a perk point to spend in that skill that give me some special ability, improve a stat or, in one case, make me more attractive to the ladies as long as I'm covered in dirt. Must be those ladies at the bath :P
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I'm at fourteen hours now and am really enjoying it. Biggest surprise right now is how little I've actually had to fight, so all those concerns about hardcore combat being a problem simply haven't been an issue; there hasn't been any. I've been in a few fist fights, but done OK. I've run away a few times, but who wouldn't? I've done a lot of exploring, but as part of quests, mostly going to a new town to go do something. The quests have been varied, from picking up a reluctant horse to trashing XXX's place so he'll get blamed by his boss. I'm associating with fences, noble ladies, drunken bullies and women who give baths to other people 8-).

I've played at Chumps, which is an archer competition. I've gambled at Farkle which is a dice game. I suck at it, but I'm getting the rules of it confused with Yahtzee, which it resembles. I've learned to read and even have picked up some Latin. I'm wearing hose and a floppy hat, and people think I look good in it. And I've sung to a horse.

Very few glitches, but I'm that guy who played Assassin's Creed Unity and didn't experience most of the glitches that other folks saw, so maybe it's my rig, my settings and my luck. I did see a pig partially stuck through a wall, but I'd been drinking :roll:. No lockups, no stuttering, and only three instances of the game coming back from a menu and just hanging for about five seconds.

Character progress has been done very well. I'm improving by doing things, by studying and by getting training from experts. As I level up a skill, I sometimes get a perk point to spend in that skill that give me some special ability, improve a stat or, in one case, make me more attractive to the ladies as long as I'm covered in dirt. Must be those ladies at the bath :P
morlac

Post by morlac »

Dammit, just stop now I've heard enough. I do NOT need a new full priced RPG. I still have Elex barely played, Fallout 4 is modded and ready, and the Witcher 3 is continuously mocking my lack of dedication to it. I just don't need this. No really.

Bah, who am I kidding. Once the wife and kid are asleep tomorrow I'll crack open a beer and settle down for some gaming. I'll of course have choice paralysis and will fumble around trying desperately to decide what to play. Meanwhile, this game will be all over the front page of steam, tempting me with it's newness. Then, while opening my 3rd beer I will just cave and hit the buy button only to be pissed that it now has to download and by the time it is done I'll be passed out. Of course, I'll wake up in the morning with my impulsiveness passed and feel guilty. Then I wont want to play it as it will remind me of my bad decision buying a full price game I don't have time for. There it will sit, in my backlog of broken dreams.

There is really only one solution for this. I need to buy it now so it is fully downloaded and ready for me in case I decide I need it on Friday night!
Amiright?. Who's with me!!! :horse:
Holman

Post by Holman »

morlac wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:56 pm Dammit, just stop now I've heard enough. I do NOT need a new full priced RPG. I still have Elex barely played, Fallout 4 is modded and ready, and the Witcher 3 is continuously mocking my lack of dedication to it. I just don't need this. No really.

Bah, who am I kidding. Once the wife and kid are asleep tomorrow I'll crack open a beer and settle down for some gaming. I'll of course have choice paralysis and will fumble around trying desperately to decide what to play. Meanwhile, this game will be all over the front page of steam, tempting me with it's newness. Then, while opening my 3rd beer I will just cave and hit the buy button only to be pissed that it now has to download and by the time it is done I'll be passed out. Of course, I'll wake up in the morning with my impulsiveness passed and feel guilty. Then I wont want to play it as it will remind me of my bad decision buying a full price game I don't have time for. There it will sit, in my backlog of broken dreams.

There is really only one solution for this. I need to buy it now so it is fully downloaded and ready for me in case I decide I need it on Friday night!
Alternately, you could start drinking right now!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

morlac wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:56 pm Dammit, just stop now I've heard enough. I do NOT need a new full priced RPG. I still have Elex barely played, Fallout 4 is modded and ready, and the Witcher 3 is continuously mocking my lack of dedication to it. I just don't need this. No really.
The games are different on my plate, but the sentiment is the same. Stop talking the game up. Please talk more about the annoyances and frustrations.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:53 pm The games are different on my plate, but the sentiment is the same. Stop talking the game up. Please talk more about the annoyances and frustrations.
Well, I just spent a good ten minutes picking weeds...

Life in the middle ages isn't all jousting and fair maidens.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Holman wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:44 pm

insert meme picture here

Why not both?

Don't forget PUBG, Morlac!
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Holman wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:44 pm

insert meme picture here

Why not both?

Don't forget PUBG, Morlac!
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Go Witcher 3. Stick with it for the first 5 or so hours and it'll suck you back in. Just don't think about the size of it (so to speak) while you're playing and enjoy the experience (again, sts).
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Heck, I bought and installed this even knowing that I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow. You know you want it...
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

So I've got 22 hours in the game now, not bad for a game that I didn't start playing till Tuesday morning, two days ago.

I'm still running into some minor issues with the save system mod I'm using, found in this Steam Guide. As mentioned toward the bottom of the guide, the game has a limit of 300 named saves, even if the total you have is far less. There is a workaround just to load the game, delete all the saves, then save again, which resets the save to number 1. However, sometimes this doesn't work quite right, so I've gotten into the habit of just deleting older saves until I only have three or four saves in total. However, all this is pretty minor and anyone who tinkers with mods and files and config files isn't going to be challenged by this.

Also I think I figured out my issue with my monitor turning really bright when I exit the game. It is because the game defaults to a borderless window to play and so when I do a gamma correction in the game it was being carried over to my desktop. An easy fix is to just switch the game to full screen mode. Well, I thought I did, but I'm still seeing it once in a while. I'm still tinkering.

Gameplay continues to be enjoyable. I'm just at the sixteen game day point. I'm at main level six. I don't know how many levels there are, but for each two levels you get a perk point you can spend and there are 23 perk points. I've completed 13 quests, but I've completely ignored the main campaign since I want to level up my skills. And there are so many skills. And you can't increase the level of a skill by training alone, you also have to go out and use that skill, like riding your horse a lot, or hunting dangerous game....

I've climbed to the top of a cathedral under construction. I've used first aid on the sick and pulled weeds for a monk. I've been in a sawmill, visited a quarry, partaken of fine meals with the nobles and eaten stuff from a pot over a fire in the middle of nowhere which oddly, was rather satisfying. In fact food is rather a non-issue in the game; it's rare that you need to carry food with you as there always seems to be a pot simmering near where I need to be.

Lock picking has gotten easier not only as I level up, but as I get used to the control layout. And it is important to pick locks whenever you get a chance to get in some practice. Pickpocket skill is getting up but more slowly. Speech is important for convincing folks to do something you want, so upping that skill is good, but so is wearing clothes that say "I'm important" and for heaven sakes, bathing occasionally :D.

And there is a Maintenance skill for taking care of your hardware. And sometimes you're going to need to use that hardware...
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:19 am Lockpicking and pickpocketing.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-d ... kpocketing
Thanks Daehawk for linking to that wiki :wub:. A couple of the items in that wiki that folks new to the game should read before they get in too deep (like I did, playing 24 hours before looking at them :roll:) are Things to Do First in Kingdom Come and Things Not to Do in Kingdom Come. Even if you decide to skip these wikis so you can learn everything on your own like I did, the first entry of the latter item is really good advice, Don’t Ignore the Main Questline. After the introductory five hours, I completely ignored the main campaign. While I did have a lot of fun, when I got back to playing the main campaign quests it was rather odd since my character was treated as a lowly refugee from a razed town, even through by then I had already done a dozen quests, was decked out to the nines, had decent weapons, good starting skills and a few thousand Groschen. It's not really a problem, but the melee and archery practice I got early on in the the main campaign quests would have been helpful in those nineteen hours I played without it.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

It's not exactly horse armor, but after thirty hours of play, my little Pebbles has a new frock!
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Not that there haven't been a few glitches. I tried to get my horse to jump a wall but he froze there instead. I dismounted and took the following picture, then I had to load a previous save.

But at least in 31 hours of playing I haven't had a crash, while lots of folks are reporting numerous crashes on a variety of hardware. While it may be just coincidental, one of the things I've found with my current Falcon Northwest rig (celebrating its fourth birthday) and my previous one is a almost total lack of crashing during games. The only games I can think of where this was a recurring issue was Just Cause 3, and somewhat less in Just Cause 2.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Okay...I've just got to the part where I get my first horse. I'm getting killed every time I try and get away.
Am i missing something?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

stimpy wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:00 pm Okay...I've just got to the part where I get my first horse. I'm getting killed every time I try and get away.
Am i missing something?
This seems an unintentionally hard part of the game, but it is beatable. When you get on the horse you need to circle around the castle, going as fast as you can, then continue down the slope and along the straight road. Going fast means galloping, which on the PC keyboard means hold down the "w", tap LShift then press and hold it. Yup, it sounds asinine, but that's how you do it. Alternatively you can use the arrow "up" key instead of the "w". I don't remember what the controls are on the game pad, but I posted the screen shot of the controller help below, you can see it's left stick plus the tap of the "B" then press and hold "B". It took me about three tries because I would slow down to look behind and get attacked. You are going to take damage from arrows, but just keep going. When your horse's energy starts to go low, release the "w" and LShift then press them again. Eventually you'll get to some folks to help you. Don't give up! This was the hardest part of the game for me, and I've already gotten in 31 hours.

UPDATE: Let me emphasize, you need to focus on where you are going right in front of you, so you don't get slowed down by rocks and hedges, but your safety relies on getting on that road and away as fast as possible.

baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

JZ, you are playing on PC with an Xbox controller? I was going to get this for PS4, but the consensus seems to be that the PC version is more stable and the save-anywhere mod is pretty much a big plus in the PC's favor.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

baelthazar wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:38 pm JZ, you are playing on PC with an Xbox controller? I was going to get this for PS4, but the consensus seems to be that the PC version is more stable and the save-anywhere mod is pretty much a big plus in the PC's favor.
I started with the X360 controller, but the keyboard and mouse seem to be better in some respects so I've switched to that. Also my controller is a bit out of adjustment and drifts, which I didn't like of course.

Another bug that I've had and that other folks are having on the PC is the gamma correction in the game. It is carried over to your desktop. Which for me has meant when I quit out of the game my monitor is really, really bright. I've tried countering it by turning down the gamma before I exit the game, but that's been rather hit of miss. Not a deal breaker, but annoying.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

The things I do for you people :D. I posted the following on the Steam forum in response to a concern about the gamma setting in the game being carried over to the desktop when you quit the game:
There is some issue in that the gamma setting in the game is getting copied over to the desktop and so when you start the game once again things are out of whack. I'm not 100% sure about how this works, but I'm guessing that in most games the game itself resets the gamma to what it was on the desktop before terminating. KCD isn't doing this I'm guessing, anyway it's the only game I can remember that kept applying the gamma correction to the desktop when I quit the game.

Anyway, I fixed it on my Nvidia card by going into the Nvidia Control Panel and making the change show in the image; under "2. Choose how the color is set" I selected "Use NVIDIA settings", which deselected the option "Other applications control color settings". Now when the game goes back to the desktop the default Nvidia settings kick in and I'm no longer getting snow blinded.

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I almost rage quit this game a little while ago. I can't really go into any details because of spoilers, but basically I spend several real world hours in a long chained quest that ended up in a big battle that ended up with me in a boss fight. Now I'm the guy who had to give up on Sleeping Dogs because of my fumble finger combo work and a boss battle in this game can be brutal. So I was ranting and muttering...

And then I asked myself, what would the unHenry do? You know, not the humble, brave, loyal blacksmith's son, but the guy who sees where this whole big quest is taking him, to someplace where he might get killed, for Heaven's sake, and not in any nice way. You know, like Harry Flashman? Yup, what would Harry, instead of Henry, do? Well, I tell you. I was just about to lean over to tell my boss's boss about this big fight and how I was going to help lead the troops. Nope, I decide. I left the room, went and got some sleep and then snuck out of the castle. And then I went to a bath house....

baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

JZ - can you give me a link to the Save Anywhere mod? Have you experienced a lot of bugs using it?
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

baelthazar wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:08 am JZ - can you give me a link to the Save Anywhere mod? Have you experienced a lot of bugs using it?
It's the How to remove the need for Saviour Schnapps Steam Guide that tells you how to do it. Apparently there is also a mod over on Nexus Mods, but I prefer rolling my own, so to speak. I've seen a problem with hitting a limit of number of saves, but since this is also happening on consoles it isn't related to the Steam Guide fix, it is a bug in the game.

You'll need to be familiar with the location of the game saves, which is C:\Users\[your user name]\Saved Games\kingdomcome\saves\playline0\ by default. Periodically back up your saves and delete all but the latest one, then start the game, load up that remaining save, then delete the save and make a new save, that resets the save number to "1". It sounds more complicated than it is, once you do it a couple of times it becomes easy.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Nexus has a mod for this that you just need to drop into the data folder.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg